Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 9:34 AM Post #11
( sorry this is short)

Ash felt herself panicking, and that was so unlike her. A big bonfire was light, casting long shadows and being a beacon for far off. Ash didn't think she wanted to die as dinner, but her chances didn't seem thAt likely.

What are we going to do? Ash whispered to herself, taking all her enemies in. And why am I here? I'm not Hunter...but I can't leave him either. Turmoil made her stumble. Then she went along, head high.

Hunter was her duty. And so was finding Aizea/Barin.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 10:24 AM Post #12
(No worries j was writing mine at midnight)
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 6/5/2019 at 12:44 PM Post #13
(That...is crazy.)

Pteron peeked over the rock she was hiding behind, and then ducked back. It was Hunter. He was all right, sorta. All tied up and knocked out. Pteron re-guessed that that actually wasnt a good sign. She scanned the rest of the camp. Ash was...next to some really fierce looking Griffi. Why, oh, why did it have to be Griffis!

Pteron ducked back down and counted to ten. Then she popped back up, and moved forward a foot closer to Ash. If Ash and she could take out the three guards, then they could free Hunter and get the freak out of there. She ducked back down behind a rock, and counted to fifty this time, just so she didnt get into a rhythm and get easily caught.

Pteron flew to the tree above two of the Griffis. If she had learned anything being a prisoner for about a week, it was that timing was key. And not being afraid to act. She whistled like a tiny bird would, hoping to draw Ashs attention. Ash did indeed look up...But so did the Griffi.

"Well, look at the little birdy. Guess we could cook it for dinner, Sim-y?" A Griffi, who was dressed in armor and had flurry like wings, buzzed to the guard next to him which looked like his brother.

"I call you off, Jim." That must be Sim, thought Pteron, still doing her song.

"But, what about Kim?" Jim turned to the other guard, who was a female, named Kim, and their other sibling. Pteron held back laughter. What kind of parent named their kids with names that all rhymed? Obviously the Griffis.

Pteron hopped to a higher branch, singing Zip-pih-dee-doo-dah. She hoped Ash would get the hint, and catch one of the guards off guard. Instead, Ash swung her head back and forth, and obvious answer for no. Pteron trilled a sad note, wondering why. Ash glanced at Hunter once, and then went still, being a good little Ryori for the guards again. Pteron sighed quietly, and jumped to a higher branch. Maybe...Maybe she could wake Hunter up!

She trilled a few more notes, made sure the guards werent really looking at/for her, and took off to land near Hunter.

"Come on, big guy. Time to wake up!" Pteron gently shook Hunter. "Wake up, wake up, the day is new!" Hunter shifted slightly, nearly falling onto Pterons wings.

"Yipes!" She swerved backwards, and slammed into something hard, solid, and somehow fluffy.

Uh-oh. That was the only thing Pteron could think before she was stuffed in yet another cage and being condemned to be the Griffis dinner.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 6/5/2019 at 5:22 PM Post #14
(Very nice)
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 6/5/2019 at 5:56 PM Post #15
(Thanks. I'll try to add a part each day, but sometimes it is hard to a) have ideas, or b) write them down and post before siblings and life demand something of me again. But I live to write, so I do it. Thanks so much for taking time to read it :))
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/5/2019 at 6:17 PM Post #16
(Your welcome and I understand life getting in the way. The only reason I stopped writing is I don't want to ruin the step part of the roleplay and the next chapter will)
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 6/5/2019 at 6:26 PM Post #17
(Oh...that's crazy, but understandable.)
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 7/1/2019 at 10:33 AM Post #18
(Sorry for the long pause. I guess I set myself up for doom here. From now on, I will try to do this at least once every day. :3)

Hunter groaned and shifted. Something was shaking him. He hated being shaken awake. That was the worst.
The next he realized the floor wasn't the usual rocky floor but a sandy shifty floor. He muttered something he shouldn't of under his breath as he thought of how long it would take to get it out of his longer than normal fur.
Finally he realized that he was all tied up and that he should probably get out of wherever he was. Griffi's harsh laughter and rumbling woke him all the way up. Hunter snorted, turning on his back to look at the world, trying to go right side up.
"Pteron?" He slurred, trying to get a grip on the world. Indeed, the little Luminara was struggling to stay still in her little cage, trying to avoid some Griffi's beaks. "Don't eat my friend!" Hunter then remembered that he wasnt exactly in the position to be giving orders. He hopped to his feet, somehow managing.
"Griffi," at his voice, they all turned to him. "Let my friends and I go." Then Hunter lost his balance and fell forward. The fall was more shaming than the laughter. Someone spat at him.
"Ha, and he thinks he is a prince." The mention mocked what he had thought to himself for nearly his whole life.
"I am a prince." He muttered, getting back on his feet.
"How can you prove it? What royal stuff can you show? And even then, how do we not know you are a thief?"
"Thieves lie. I am telling the truth. And you can look me up and down. What can tell you I'm not?" Hunter was relieved as they let go of Pteron, distracted for now.
"Well, Mr. Hunter, we have made a deal with your mom. The only thing we need is the royal stamp of the other side. I've heard that you have siblings there. So, you get your siblings, give me the stamp, give yourself up, and then we'll let you go...Oh, right. By then you'll probably already be dead." Hunter looked queasily at the lead Griffi. "However" Hunter perked up. "However, you have to leave your friends with us so then we know you'll come back. If you haven't within the next three weeks, your friends shall be killed." Hunter sighed.
"Let Pteron go." The Griffi looked at him confused until Hunter motioned to Pteron. They nodded, figuring it out. The leader was stone faced about this new topic.
"Why?"
Hunter answered immediately, "She was our prisoner first. She was showing me the way to my siblings so we could lock them up again. Um...I guess you have to save the Ryori as your prisoner." Hunter smiled apologetically at the Ryori. The Griffi thought about this, and then nodded.
"Agreed. Time starts...now." And Hunter wasn't even untied yet, but what could he do?
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/1/2019 at 12:21 PM Post #19
Very impressive and Hunter's character has and will grow more.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 7/1/2019 at 1:59 PM Post #20
(Thank you. :D)

--Two days later --

Aziea plodded in the dusty plains right next to the sanctuary of home. It was so close...or maybe that was just a mirage.
"Aizea?" That was the new comer, Caw.
"Yes" Aizea risked a glance back.
"Is a tiny flying Lumenara supposed to be following us?" Talk about answering a question with a question.
"Um...no. I don't think so-" Aizea was interrupted by his sister, who shook him.
"Oh, my jolly penguins! Pteron is coming to us! She looks tired. Let's go help!" Aizea didn't have the heart to tell Kamra that they didn't have anything to give Pteron food and drink wise. They had cut short of their equipment a day ago.
"Okay," Aizea waited for Pteron to come to them before letting Kamra take off.
"Pteron! Oh...Who is this?" The way Kamra had changed so much during the past few weeks scared Aizea. Where was the innocent pup he used to know? It seemed that part of her surfaced at times...but the skittish yet unnerving one seemed to take control at times like these.
"I am Hunter. I have come to tell you that-" The new Lupora was interrupted by Caw, who sprang at him, tackling the newcomer.
"How! Dare! You!" With each word, Caw's claws dug into Hunter's shoulder and tugged a piece of fur and skin free. Caw then sunk his teeth into Hunter's shoulder blades as Hunter raked his own claws at him in self defence.
"What did I do?" Hunter rolled in the sand to try and get Caw off. The sand ended up everywhere. It stuck to his fur, exposed wounds, and inside his thick fur.
"You killed my family." Caw jumped back, eyes slitted and maw looking like it had just been dunked in a deers carcass. Hunter took a ginger step back, favoring his front right leg.
"Uh...I don't think that was me. I couldn't control that," Hunter licked his right shoulder carefully, glancing occasionally at the easily angered Caw. Caw looked close to tears.
"Well, you didn't stop it either." Caw said, picking the argument right back up and brushing a paw over his face.
"I couldn't control that as well," Hunter cried, desperate for something to get him on even ground with the offended Lupora. He stamped his front left paw on the - finally - rock hard terrain to make a point. Kamra hesitantly crept forward.
"Guys, stop it!" She cried. "You guys have to be quiet...Who knows what can hear you these days." She said quietly, glancing around. The only animal that could be seen was Aizea, but who knew what was hidden.
"I'm sorry, I really am." Hunter said quietly to Caw.
"Save it," the Lupora said sharply, but the edge seemed to have dulled from before. Aizea shook his head in wonder. Kamra surely had changed. To not actually be the cause but the cure of an argument was surprising and new.
"Come on guys, if we want to get fresh food and a warm bed, we might want to get moving." Aizea said gently, taking the lead. Hunter instinctively took the end, head constantly moving to make sure no one was following them.
However, he never looked up.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.