Forum Index > Fan Fiction > The Last War [Part Two]
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:25 PM Post #1
(Sorry. This is a little long. Don't blame me. Just blame the extra time I had - not on here - writing more and getting lost in my fantasy world... And so. The story begins.)

Please - Give me credit for this story. All the characters are made up, ones in my imagination. Do not steal/copy the plot, characters, or anything that is part of this unless you give me credit, though I would just prefer u not to copy and paste this somewhere else. Sorry. (Just an extra precaution because I like this story and do not prefer others 'stealing' my ideas)

Links to -
Part One
Part Two - you are here
Part Three

Also, another topic: Ping list. Tell me if you want to be removed at anytime.
Galagaming, Kiwi14, Canzetyote, Starpup5, Orca2whale, Eevee17
Thank you!

She lifted her head, panting, eyes narrowing, ears flat. She was the Majestys Champion. It was time to make Her proud. The Champion charged her opponent, roaring supernaturally. Her enemy only froze for a fatal second, but that was that in the night surrounded, spot light lit Arena. As the Champion finished the round, cheers filled the Arena, a colosseum type place that was nearly identical to the prison and hold when on floor level. She lifted her head, and soaked in the cheers.

This is why she fought. This was why she lived.

For the thrill. For the Queen.

For acceptance.

Pteron flew rapidly to the prison cells, soaring like a little bee, here and there, quickly as to not get caught. Someone had already seen her and sent out a call. She had to go stealthy, but at the same time, being nimble and quick was key. She zoomed to the place she had last heard her friend was, then zipped around the endless bend, weaving between the stone pillars.

Pteron had to keep herself from stopping and looking at all the wonderful places portrayed in the walls of art. Nearly every stone had a story set into it. Some looked like they were about fierce battles, others about the lowly shepherd and others still about the life of a middle class and myths. All in all, they were fascinated, and it was fascinating to see it in a town so twisted from the natural way in their world. Pteron shook herself awake from her dreams and wonders of it all, and forced herself to fly faster.

Her scarlet wings were just a blur, and she strained to keep her eyes open against the blowing wind. Pteron felt herself get out of breath, yet surged forward another minute in the bend, another quick glance, and shed be at her friends place to help her get out. She couldnt risk any time for anyone else. Pteron lighted on a lamp post, gasping for breath, tiny heart beating much faster than it should. Her wings fluttered nervously as she glanced around. And saw she was too late. Kamras cage was open, no one inside other than two Morkko guards puzzling over the open door. Pteron found herself grinning uncontrollably as a wicked plan formed in her mind. She tried to push it away, but the temptation was too much.

Pteron flew to the door, silent and stealthy. Then with all her might, she slammed the door shut, and it automatically locked shut on the poor guards rumps. They both yelled in unison, and started blaming the other, bickering so loud that Pterons laughter was quickly swallowed up by it. Pteron gave herself another seconds rest before continuing on in the dark night to try and find Kamra before it was too late. The only thing she was too late for was getting out of the way of a gleaming Ryori.

"So, what do we have here? A stowaway? A spy? A thief? I suspect a trouble maker." the Ryori growled, and pointed to the guards. Pteron paused mid flap, and felt herself lower an inch. How had the Ryori found her? The Ryori tensed, ready to spring, muscles bunching. Pteron screeched, and flew up. The Ryoris powerful hind legs brought it to Pteron, and the Ryoris strong jaw, filled with razor teeth, tore Pterons wing. Pteron gasped.

That was the lowest of the low to do to a Lummina. Pteron knew she had to land if she wanted her wing, but she knew she had to keep looking in the hostile town for her friend. She lowered herself as the Ryori fell back down to earth. Pteron felt a glimmer of compassion for the strange beast. She had always had a soft spot for those that could not stay afloat yet could almost touch the clouds.

It was sad, really, to think about always staying on the dusty earth, and never being able to fly away when trouble arouse. Or when your mom asked you to do your homework and you are just too busy playing and having fun. But flying was important to every ones life. Or it should be, thought Pteron as she was brought to somewhere for something and someone.

Hunter remembered his childhood well in the silent hours of the night, and it wasnt because it had been filled with fun and games played with his two younger siblings. No, it was the exact opposite that made it memorable.

His mother had always been harsh on him. Hunter always had to be the best. Hunter had to follow the rules exactly or he would get severely punished. Hunter had to be perfect in every way, no matter how hard it seemed. And now, Hunter thanked his moms brutal lessons.

Hunter was never second best at even things Luporas twice his age were good at. His main lessons had consisted of combat and language arts. Sure, he was never anyones school mate with his private tutors and teachers, but they taught him all he needed to know to be the next ruler, to be cold hearted towards those that try to be his friends or not, and, if need it be, to act like a lower class to spy and report back. Hunter let out a big sigh of air that joined the rushing wind outside.

He sat still on his balcony, eyes taking in the night sky where all the stars were not afraid to shine. His mother had once likened a kingdom to the stars and the pictures they formed. Her lesson had come when she had caught Hunter playing with some lesser creatures.

'If one star decides to not shine, decides it doesnt like who it is, and decides it is too unimportant for the world, and that no one notices it, they mess up the sky. Those who do that in constellations remove them from the map, harming to ones who did their role perfectly, without complaint. Those that were never put into the formations miss their chance at ever being one some distance in life.' she had taught harshly. 'Now go, and dont be afraid to be your star.' But she shaped him into her own to fit her needs. Hunter pushed those thoughts aside, and looked hard at each one of the stars and their constellations. Stars and the night sky had always been his favorite subject.

The stars all smiled down on Hunter, magnified by the perfectly dark night. The Lead star was part of the Morkko Minor(Little bear) and was pointed to by the Morkko Major(big bear). It was said in the animals lands that the two of them had gotten lost, traveling over the world to find the right place to rest, until they fell off, and jumped into the sky. As a gift to the other lost travelers, they were the ones that lead directly north. The Lighera(Leo) was another constellation, but Hunter never understood it. In the animal world he had been a fierce protector of life and the lands of all of them, but when he died in combat, he was placed in the stars, watching over the animals when they slept. The Winged Quitari(Pegasus) always was gallantly trotting across the sky, though at different times of year, and now it shined brightly in the dark sky. It was a pure accident the Quitari was there, but it would have been a fit consequence for those that pressured him into flying high into the sky and getting stuck in it. There were many more that Hunter spotted and could name, but it would take the rest of the page explaining them all.

Hunter heard his door creak open, and then panicked, wondering how long he had stayed there. When he turned around, he sighed. It was just his man servant, Scott, coming to check on him.

Though Hunter usually forcefully declined his servants checks, his mom ordered it to continue. So it did. Every night. At exactly 8 oclock. When Hunter was expected to go to bed. Hunter sighed, and nodded wearily to Scott. He couldnt handle another smart lecture from his mom from his friend.

Actually, Scott and him were friends, and very close ones at that. The friendship was minor for others, but for Hunter, it was the biggest one he had. So he accepted it. But sometimes Scott could get under Hunters fur. Like tonight.

"Every ruler must have a full night's rest." the Fealora teased, closing the balcony doors and firmly shutting the blinds when Hunter had exited it. Hunter knew Scott and Her Majesty, his mom, knew that he wouldnt sleep with the stars. Hed be too busy staring at them and finding pictures in them and dreaming how each great hero vanished into the skies. Hunter growled, and paced in a tight circle ten times before bedding down for the night.

The only problem was the rough rock never put up to his attempts to smooth it out, so there always was something poking him, but Hunter was too dead tired to do anything but fall asleep. The day had been hard work, and tomorrow would be too.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 6/6/2020 at 4:46 PM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/19/2019 at 5:33 PM Post #2
Rays of sun were just pushing through the dark grey when Ptera finally fell asleep. It wasn't every day -er, night- that a Ryori tears your wing, meaning flightlessness, and you get dropped in a cage in a room full of hungry soldier Morkko's and Draeyl's. The night had seemed to stretch on forever until they all nodded off. Even then, Ptera couldnt fall asleep for the fear they were pretending. So the night had been spent with Ptera watching ever so dutifully. And only when the rays of sun shone brightly through her eyelids, Ptera realized that she had fallen asleep at one time.

Ptera shook her wings, and then traveled, by foot, to the nearest bar of the bird cage. She could easily sneak away. She just had to time it all right. And the timing meant just becoming a part of the background, not being of any attention.

Flamingblood wasn't actually her name. It was Ash, but the other sounded more creepy, so she choose the former name to be most commonly known as. But, as of now, she just was called Ash. Especially around the palace where Her glorious Majesty lived. The place she could call home.

Ash was the outcast in most places, that was why the queen took her under her wing. Either because of that or because she was one mean killing machine that the queen just wanted to add to her ranks. Ash tried to sink that thought, but even after at least seven years fighting for the queen and learning tricks and tips, it still surfaced like a breaching whale, poising bigger every time. Ash shook her head to clear it. Those thoughts were worthily mutiny. It wouldn't do.

Ash trotted around the corner, and bumped into a Lupora. At first, she was a tiny bit ticked that she had been run into, and a tiny bit confused why there would be a Lupora on the loose, and a tiny bit of shock with who she guessed it was. And then all of that melted into a sense of dread, as she realized she was standing in front of someone with lots of power in the kingdom.

"Sorry!" The Lupora cried.

I'm the one that is supposed to be sorry, Ash tried to say. It came out, 'Ar...Arpf.'

Hunter charged out of the palace, not that pleased with his mothers decisions.

"I don't care!" He yelled up into the clouded sky and whistling wind, somehow wondering if she could hear him. "Do what you please! Apparently you don't care about me, so I just don't care!" Hunter pounded down the front steps, gaining speed on the uneven and downward floor. He stumbled on the last couple steps, but he didn't fall. He never fell.

Hunter raged across the grounds like a tornado, nothing where he had been living to tell the tale. His anger steered him in the direction of his garden, and he didn't object. His garden, other than the night sky, was a refuge.

The garden was actually not that big or fancy or anything. It was just a tiny place, where, somehow, Hunter had managed to get all the flowers and plants into the constellations in the dark. There was always a spot for more if another was found. Nearly everyone passed over the meaning, of course, and mocked Hunter as a fool and a freak. Just because taking care of his little garden made him an outcast, once he tried uprooting it.

It had been hours later until his mom had found him in the middle of it, only a pawful of dirt uprooted, and the little pup crying softly to himself. Hunter had already grown too attached to the daytime constellations on that little spot of earth. Again, his mom found a place to lecture him in being stone hearted and not listening to others, but keeping with the news well enough so you didn't become unpopular and things like that. Unfocused, Hunter rounded a bend and knocked into someone.

Stunned, Hunter took a step back, shook his head, and looked at the one he had run into. "Sorry," he said automatically.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 12/27/2019 at 1:10 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 5/19/2019 at 5:41 PM Post #3
Tiny correction if you don't mind a bit of construcive critisim I noticed you wrote "Sorry!" he said automaticly. I should be "Sorry!" He said automaticly. Hunter was the one who ran into Ash isn't he? So far the story is really intresting and intense in some scenes which is great in my opion.
Edited By Starpup5 on 5/19/2019 at 5:42 PM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/19/2019 at 5:47 PM Post #4
It was a sort of both of them colliding. But thank you for any advice! I take it all.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 5/19/2019 at 5:49 PM Post #5
Your welcome and keep up the great work. Thank you for the information. Also when, "I don't care!" he yelled. Should be "I don't care!" He yelled. It's a common mistake but a crucial one. One more issue is there should be a common istead of a period after the word maker and the t in the should be captilized., "So, what do we have here? A stowaway? A spy? A thief? I suspect a trouble maker." the Ryori growled, and pointed to the guards.'' Should be "So, what do we have here? A stowaway? A spy? A thief? I suspect a trouble maker," The Ryori growled, and pointed to the guards.
Edited By Starpup5 on 5/19/2019 at 5:53 PM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/20/2019 at 2:53 PM Post #6
(Thanks)

Pteron managed to squeeze through the bars. They were tight, and rust flaked off of them if you even breathed on it. Not that you would want to do that. It ranked of decaying fish in the sun. Pteron held back a sneeze. This was the second to hardest part of the escape plan. The hardest would be sneaking away without recognition. That would be hard.

Pteron fluttered nearly all silent as she crept over to the window. A guard snorted in his sleep, and Pteron immediately froze. Instinct told her that if she stood still, the guard would not notice her. Pteron nearly blended into the wall, the occasional nervous flutter of her wings almost the only thing to give her away. The guard shifted, and mumbled something else, probably mistaking Pteron for his companion. Pteron heaved a sigh of relief, and crawled closer to the window. Flying was out of question, Pteron realized as she gazed out the window. Not that she had expected to fly with her torn wing or anything.

A winter storm raged on outside. The black clouds rolled grumpily across the dark doom as rain and hail pelted everything in sight. Pteron resisted to pull back and away. Since she was already out, there was no use going back.

Hunter stared at the Ryori, wondering why she was so familiar. Then he had it.

"Oh, you're Ash, aren't you? Well, it would probably be a waste of time to explain myself. My full name is pretty long.. But, why are you here?" Hunter always had questions. And they were contagious. And annoying to most people. For example, just ask his mother. Ash nodded, and looked down at her claws.

"I'm Ash. And.. Well, as Champion, shouldn't I be able to wander as I please?" Hunter thought this over. It was logical, but Hunter was confused at the as Champion part. Then he remembered how most animals in his inherited kingdom never had the opportunity to travel more than five feet away from their house. Hunter hated those laws and rules that kept little children from living their full fun-filled life. Once he was the Alpha - aka ruler- of the place, he would change all of that.

Once he was Alpha. That statement had haunted him his whole life.

Once he was Alpha. He wasn't giving his mom a death wish or anything; it was just..

Once he was Alpha. The sentence ran in his veins. A want of some control.

Once he was Alpha. But that wasn't exactly why he wanted to be Alpha.. Was it?

Hunter pulled himself out of his reverie as Ash continued. "I can, right?" Ash said hesitantly. Hunter got annoyed for a quick second, but then dismissed his own feelings.

"You can." Hunter said shortly, finding himself pulled back into his thoughts. It was just everyone asked him things. Some things he didn't know.

The guard asked him the best ways of advance. Hunter wouldn't really know how they were explaining it or how to explain it, and then it would be an ask dad type of thing that immediately made them shun him; after all, his real dad was on the opposite side.

His friends would ask what was going on in law and stuff. He would reply that that was his moms forte, and she hardly let him choose. That made his friends scoff. What true son of a ruler would not know, they would mock. And every time he thought to himself, That would be me; the Lone Wolf of the family.

No one ever asked him about what Hunter liked or the stars. They just cared about getting in favor with Her Majesty - aka Alpha - and that would be through him, Hunter. He was just a pawn. Hunter made a whining noise in his throat, and looked down at his paws. Those things were unacceptable for him to think about.

"I've g-g-got to go." Hunter said, and whisked away, leaving an astonished Ash in his dust.

Ash stood still a second longer than was necessary in the now falling rain. After Hunter had gone, she could go where she pleased. Like.. Going after the fleeing prisoners.. One of the prisoners was one that she liked but was too afraid to say so. She clamped that thought process down. No, we are not thinking about cute boys from other species, she chidded herself.

"Um, Hunter?!?" she called after him, claws pounding noisily on the marble walkway in the colorful garden scenes. Hunter paused momentarily, and then was running again, creating a distance between them that Ash could never go. Ash was about sprinting, going a short distance in order to catch her prey. Apparently Hunter thought of himself as the prey, she thought to herself as she gasped after him, a cramp digging into her side with each step.

"Hunter! Slow down! It's me. Ash! Um, there is a prisoner problem that I thought I could tell you because your mom can be imposing! All right?" Ash yelled. Hunter stopped suddenly, nearly sitting down, to stop his paws from skidding on the marble made slick by the rain. Ash started slowing down herself because she knew it would be harder for her to stop and round the corner he was dashing around.

The chase continued until Ash eventually decided just to give up. Then she realized she was hopelessly lost. Suddenly, two paws reached out, and grabbed her, one paw over her mouth, the other leading her. Ash instantly lashed out with her sharpened claws, and Hunter instantly pulled back.

"Sorry," he said, licking a new scrape on his foreleg. "I just.. I figured we needed a quieter area," he said. Ash felt very bad about hurting him, and did her best to look ashamed. That had not been her best subject in school.

"Okay. Lead the way," she said, oblivious to the door in front of her. Hunter paused, mid-lick, and gave Ash a seriously glance. Ash shrugged, and followed him in.

"Now don't tell anyone about this place." Hunter growled furiously, looking directly at Ash.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick an apple in my eye. Yeah. I won't tell." she said, the last sentence dieing in her throat as she looked around the pretty well done garden. "Wow. Who did this?" she asked.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 5/22/2019 at 9:35 AM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/21/2019 at 9:21 AM Post #7
Pteron landed on the slick floor with a wet thunk. Really, the water carried her down the sidewalk a while before she could actually do anything.

Out of the pot and into the fire! She told herself as she dodged the on coming onslaught of hail that pelted all around her. Or, more accurately, out of the dock and going to drown! She thought as she floundered in the wild rush of rapid waters. Hail bounced next to her, threatening to pin her down with every thud and tink against the marble way.

Pteron started to feel very stupid and started to panic. Her wings thrummed the water as if she could fly away that way, but her water-clogged wings were heavy and failed to lift any weight other than their own.

"Fly, fly!" Pteron shrieked to herself, any attempt to talk swept away from the angrily howling winds. "Fly, fly, fly away! Fly to Kamra, fly to shelter. Fly, fly, fly! Fly anywhere but here!" Pteron moaned as she tripped on a rock, being pulled ever onward by the crazed current.

Splashing to get out of the water, and to no avail, dread crept over her. Pteron never expected dread to being able to be compared to slowly being doused with water, but this time, it worked. It started right under her wings, spreading up and making them shiver, and going down, making her knees knock together. It went backwards, making her light-tail swing wildly out of control, and it went forward, prohibiting her from really thinking.

She was so busy shrieking and telling herself it was the end of the world, she didn't realize she was safely under a tree and up in its branches until she nearly fell off.

"Oh...Good." Pteron righted herself on the branch, which swayed wildly with every movement. She finally took in her surroundings, and was startled to find the self-same Ryori that had captured her talking to someone that looked surprisingly like Kamra.

"Could that be Aizea?" Pteron muttered to herself, and set about to find out more about the two.

Hunter let Ash do the talking.

"There were these two pups, one called Kamra, the other called Aizea. Kamra was supposedly getting her brother, and Aizea was there and he had hit his head once falling off of the opposite kingdoms walls." Ash started, and Hunter immediately interrupted.

"Aizea? Kamra? Theyre here!?!" Hunter nearly howled. A wide grin spread across his face, nearly lighting it up. It had been forever since he had seen or heard from either of them. Ash gave Hunter a calculating look.

"Yes." Ash said slowly, and then continued. "So, Kamra came after Aizea to find him and bring him back. Her story is quite a sad one. Supposedly, Aizea and her created lots of memories together. Kamra must be part siren or something. She convinced him to come back with her. And then Aizea led the escape. And then.. Well, I lost connection then." Hunter grinned from ear to ear.

Yeah. That sounds like Kamra. And, knock on wood, that probably is Aizea, Hunter thought to himself. Hunter felt like a frisky pup all over again. His siblings. Here! At his town! Where he could meet them for the first time in three quarters of a decade and not get in trouble. This was awesome!

"So. You know where they are heading?" he asked excitedly. Ash was becoming more and more irritated.

"No. I lost connection. They were talking about another sibling they hadn't seen for a while. Obviously it isn't you. You were bred here, right?" she stared hard at Hunter, who forced a mask of calm to come across his face. He tried to be his most regal.

"Not a matter you need to be involved in. You don't need to know how I am involved with them. If I even am. I mean, I'm obviously not involved." Hunter stumbled over the words that kept flowing out of his mouth in odd intervals. Ash looked at him suspiciously.

"Well...If you insist." Ash shrugged. Hunter nodded.

"I do." Hunter said fiercely, and then he realized she was just indicating a phrase/saying. Ash snorted.

"For one so royal, you can get quite tongue tied." Ash noticed, amused. Hunter felt himself color. The matters with being royal and all of that put him on edge. He only wanted friends, not to push others away from him.

"S-s-sorry," he stumbled over his words again. That was something he really should get over. Ash shrugged, and then she laid out the details, mostly meaning Hunter zoned out of all that.

Ash finally realized that Hunter was basically falling asleep with her lecture, and she stopped, looking around the garden again. She gasped as she realized that it was all of the constellations. Then she wondered how she ever got the hint. Hunters head shot up at her gasp.

"Wh-wh-what?" Hunter whirled around, and then remembered it was Ash. "Oh, sorry," he yawned. "The weather is really making me sleepy." Ash huffed.

"That's not what I meant, Snoozy." She said before realizing that was probably not the right thing to say to a Royal. "Sorry about the name. I gasped because the garden is like the sky at night. I don't know how I made the connection. It probably isn't right..." Hunter shook his head.

"No. It is for the night sky. No one notices unless they spend about five to ten hours here. You're a quick noticer." Hunter was biting back a yawn. Ash rolled her eyes. Was she the only one that was actually energized by the howling wind and lashing rain? Apparently so.

Ash sighed, and then walked over to the gate. "I'm going to leave and look already." She said, and then heard something in a tree. Instantly, she pounced on it, and found Pteron.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" Ash taunted, mostly because taunting was part of her cat like hunting.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 5/22/2019 at 9:38 AM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/22/2019 at 9:29 AM Post #8
Pteron screeched, and tried to jump backwards from the Ryoris grip, but to no avail.

"Let go of me! And...I'm Pteron." Pteron yelled at the creature. Ash frowned.

"I'm Ash.. Not that you needed to know that." The Ryori said, tongue running in front of her brain.

Pteron was trembling so hard, she was afraid she'd impale herself on Ash's sharp claws. "Okay. Then.. What do I need to know?" Pteron tried.

"Nothing. Hunter, what should we do with this little thing. Don't think she is needed. Though Kamra was speaking about something like this creature." Ash was looking at something behind her back, and Pteron strained to look over the Ryori's shoulder to see who she was talking to. It was the one that looked like Aizea.

"So, that's not Aizea?" Pteron whispered, confused. Ash growled at Pteron, who fell silent instantly.

"Um, I figure well want Pteron. Just because she is a friends of Kamra, my.. I mean a friend of this Kamra." Hunter was obviously hiding something, Pteron thought.

Ash nodded, and then let Pteron up. Pteron instantly went back to the tree to get out of the way.

"Won't Pteron get away?" Pteron heard Hunter exclaim. She stuck her tongue out at him. Pteron would be enemies with him because he was working with Ash/Flamingblood.

"No." Ash said simply. "I sorta accidently bit her wing so she cannot fly. Now she poses no threat." Ash said it so matter-of-factly that Pteron's hate for her flared back up.

"Say that when you are under a Lumenara's spell." Pteron snarled quietly.

Hunter had decided that the best thing to do was take a nap. I mean, wasn't that the best thing to do when the weather was all rainy? Okay, maybe outside, but it was the only place to sleep when you were traveling on the road. He had made Ash and Pteron promise not to give his status away because he was sure that he would be whisked away from the only adventure he would ever be on without his mom watching his every move.

Okay. Maybe I should back up a tiny bit.

The first ever adventure, that Hunter remembered, was them driving across deserts and jungles and all different sorts of terrain to get away from his family. At least, that was what his mom was saying. And don't we all know the saying, Mother knows best? Oh, maybe not. Anyway, they mostly back tracked through all of that, Hunters mom saying that they had to shake them off their trail and everything like she was haunted. Hunter didn't mind anything about the trip. Apart from the fact that, after he nearly got bit by a rattlesnake, that his mom watched everything he did.

The second adventure, was what his mom called a Convention. And it had been just that. Hunter had tried to get away to see stuff he wanted to look at, but his moms eagle eyes were always on him. She said it was so he didn't get lost in the halls; Hunter knew it was just to keep him in line. Not that he was a wild pup that wanted to play, but instead had to be like his moms puppet or anything. Even though that was exactly what was happening. That was why this journey, he wanted to take the road by himself.

He wanted to show that he was old enough to do things. To take his own chances, and to make choices. Hunter was eager to just get out and be himself, away from the prying eyes of everyone that were sure to criticism even if he stepped or breathed wrong. He was ready to take flight, and be his own butterfly. And now, the chance had risen, and he was ready to step through the door of opportunity. The only thing holding him back, was the chance of his siblings being inside here, and also the guards.

They were the ones that would single him out, and report all of his misdoings to his mom. And then that would be bitter disappointment and despair. All hope of ever going out alone, smashed to smithereens. Hunter would probably never be able to get out of sight of his moms criticizing eye. He would be going back to the steady torture of not knowing what his mom was about to throw at him because he did one thing wrong. The eventual death of boredom because he had nothing to do except listen and watch, being a statue that moved to meet his moms commands.

But...Hunter never really wanted to be separated again, did he? It was going to be a sharp pain of leaving another family member again if he was going to take his chances with Aizea and Kamra. The problems of the world melted away as slowly, slowly, slowly he fell asleep under the apple tree in his garden, Ash saying she'd take first watch just so they could get used to that rhythm.

And then he fell asleep.

Ash had nothing to do. And that was like keeping a wild animal contained inside a cage a size too small. So, Ash, instead of going ballistic, she took five deep breaths, and looked first at Hunter and then at the sleeping form of Pteron. Maybe she could catch their sleeping figures in a drawing!

Ash didn't tell anyone, mostly because it would look immature for a warrior to be wearing glasses and drawing, but that was her favorite pastime. Sure, fighting could be fun, but drawing could give you an escape, and so could reading! Ash took a hard look at the two serenely slumbering forms of her partners-to-catch-the-runaways.

Hunter, she decided, would be near the base of her drawing, but instead of Pteron on the tree, she would draw her...somewhere else. The tree could be the background. She whipped out her drawing paper, which was thankfully water-proof. Ash wiped it down with her paw to try and get it un-wet, but then she shrugged, and took her quill and exchanged that for a pen. Ink didn't mix well with water.

She looked hard at her slumbering friends, sometimes imagining them here instead of there. Finally she got a rough draft of Hunter near the base of the tree, Pteron was still to be decided. Ash looked back at Hunter, and sighed. It would be virtually impossible to draw the rising and falling movements of his back without making it look comic-y. And she was going for realistic.

She then drew a rough outline of Pteron slouching against Hunter. And she decided it looked pretty well. The only thing Ash had to do, was to imagine Pteron in a different pose. Then it was simply easy!

Ash decided against coloring, and just left it as a rough sketch, the hard and soft lines creating a wild look. Nodding, she put it away. Now, she would just have to wait for Hunter and Pteron to wake up. Not that she was going to proudly show off her work or anything. Nah, just so they could continue on their journey.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 5/22/2019 at 9:42 AM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/23/2019 at 9:55 AM Post #9
They had been on the road for an hour, and already, Pteron's feet were killing her. Figuratively of course. Somehow, they had made it past the guards without sending an alarm raging through the town. Hunter was looking more and more unsure about his choice to leave, and Ash was prodding the group along.

Pteron couldn't keep up with them. She was just a young adult...A very very young adult. Not an adolescent, however; she could fly after all. Pteron tried to count her steps to take her mind off that and her feet. But that only reminded her of her burning feet. Eventually, she couldn't make out the other two companions in the light fog.

"Um...Help! Please Ash, Hunter." Pteron called into the darkening night. For a whole minute no one answered. So, Pteron called again.

"ASH, HUNTER!"

This time, she was rewarded with a howl and three sharp barks from her left. Oh, and also a bashing pain in her head. Man, Hunter - or whoever was howling - could howl loud. Pteron pushed herself onward, feet threatening to fall off.

"Uh, Hunter? That you, man?" Pteron listened intently, but the night was silent again. Maybe they hadn't heard her. Pteron forced her feet and legs to move, each one responding only with a slight shiver in her shaking legs. Well, walking was out of question.

And then Pteron fell on the ground, legs deciding to give out after all. "Mashed potatoes," she said, lifting her head to see if she could find any help anywhere. She succeeded in finding darkness, fog, and some foggy darkness. Pteron rolled onto her back to look at the dully gleaming stars. She also did this to make sure no bigger creature would stumble on top of her. Pteron tried to find the Guide Star, but all she could see were twinkling spots of light millions of light years away.

A snuffling noise came from her right, and Pteron glanced that way. Two gleaming eyes were staring at her. She was sure that those weren't Hunters or Ash's. So she tried to get back on her feet, and then decided against it, just in case the thing had not spotted her yet.

A minute later, which seemed like an hour, it walked away, called by some of its kind. Pteron steeled herself, and then got back up, wondering where this creature would guide her.

Hunter heard something with his incredible big ears of his, and he turned. And got a face full of rock.

Ash heard a muffled grunt, and she instantly turned around, hissing, and claws out...not that she could retract them or anything.

A large Griffi towered over her. Ash bit back a whimper. She was not used to these enemies. They flew. She was stuck on the earth.

"Now be a good Ryori, and we might let you go." One coaxed in a gruff voice. "If not, you face the same consequences as your friend here." Ash immediately went quiet and let them tie her up.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 5/23/2019 at 10:03 AM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 5/23/2019 at 9:57 AM Post #10
Sorry, more of the story above. :3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.