Forum Index > News and Announcements > Qitari Mane Improvements
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ximph
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 48
Posted: 5/10/2019 at 3:10 PM Post #111
The Spring Blossoms is still messed up on the Qitari, just wanted to let you know:

<it's still partially hidden behind the scales near the shoulder and hindquarters and somewhat under the tail>
Edited By Ximph on 5/10/2019 at 3:11 PM.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/10/2019 at 4:19 PM Post #112
Well, Krin, this is a really difficult thing... d_d All of the new versions are absolutely gorgeous, but they all miss something the old versions had... Let me see if I can go over each one individually to explain why I'm so torn between each of the versions...

Fire Mane
Old - Was light and airy and had a beautiful color fade (I think it was Theafy that described it how I feel about it). It was like a wild and free fire. I really love it.
New - Clean, fiery, wonderful color usage. Calmer and more ...I don't know how to describe it so much but as ...ruly? xD Maybe like a singular symbol of fire... I don't think I'm explaining it well... xD I really love this one too.
Thoughts - I think the best solution for this one is to keep both, especially seeing that others feel the same way as I do about it. Perhaps the old version could be called something like Blaze Mane or something to indicate its wild nature and the new one can retain the Fire Mane name...

Luxurious Locks
Old - Showed more of the actual slot color.
New - Striking and dramatic.
Thoughts - While I'm torn between these because I like having the majority of a slot's color showing to be the actual slot's color, I think the best option here is to keep the new version.

Icicle Mane
Old - Was used for more than just ice and gems. Also was very popular to give a Qitari a wild or rough look.
New - So. *O* Shiny. And look at all those sharp edges and points! *0* This version is wonderful for all things ice, gem, or spiky. :D It's so great! But it's not so great for a wild hair mane... I think that may be the biggest thing happening for people that are unhappy with their Qitaris with the new Icicle Mane...
Thoughts - Definitely keep the new version, but I think there should be a Ruff/Rough Mane Mutation for all those wild or wind-blown Qitaris out there. ^_^

Nebula Mane
Old - I liked how the old version looked like a hole punched through the world into space/the void/the Astral plane. It also had that forced white you already know how I feel about. xD But I still was drawn to it quite a bit. It was good for space, magic, and mirrors.
New - I like how it is swirly with sparkles. It can be used for liquids, potions, and molten solids, but isn't airy enough for my nebulous and cloudy needs... Xavion's post with the softening (/blurring, not whiting) of the hard edges fixes that for me. Maybe with softer tints and shadows... It can then be used for all of my gaseous, potion, liquid, and molten needs. But not my magic or mirror needs (though Icicle Mane can now be used for my mirror shard needs)...
Thoughts - With softened edges, the new version should be kept. But I wouldn't be opposed to keeping the old version too, especially if the fade edge white could instead of being forced white could be colored with maybe an AC color... :3

Storm Mane :3
Thoughts - Doesn't have Rainbow like all the others. :3 But it does have a nice fade that could almost replace old Fire Mane, but not really because it's not nearly as gorgeous. :o

Rainbow Mane ;3
Thoughts - Could use more color equality across the board. xD But I like how a lot of the Manes have colorable parts that we can use to help supplement underweighted colors. :)

So here are some thoughts and feelings and stuff I had while checking out the Qitari changes, in case any of it is helpful. ^_^
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/10/2019 at 6:49 PM Post #113
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76562&page=11#102
Author: Cececat
Time Posted: 5/10/2019 at 8:57 AM
How do you update the image so the new manes show up in stables? Also, is there anything you could do about that cut off of the glow on nebula mane. There is just this hard line of smoke where the image ends and It's annoying me. The issue is one all of them excluding luxurious locks but nebula seems to be the most noticeable one of the three. :)

Thanks. ^^

You should be able to just either spam F5 on the page with the images, hit Shift + F5, or whatever other key combo your browser supports for a hard refresh.

Alternatively, you can clear your browser cache.

As for Nebula, we are messing with some slight adjustments to it based on the feedback here.
Username120430
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 27
Posted: 5/11/2019 at 3:25 PM Post #114
Lovely! I like all of them, but especially the new Icicle Mane :)

Check out this new stud
Edited By Kyts on 5/11/2019 at 3:27 PM.
Ponchochinco
Level 36
The Tender
Threads: 14
Posted: 5/11/2019 at 7:41 PM Post #115
I think their fine but the nebula mane update ruined my pony ); the way the nebula mane looked before made him look cool but other than that it is an improvement
Pearlshine103
Level 14
Threads: 1
Posted: 5/12/2019 at 9:21 AM Post #116
BEAUTIFUL
Vinnen
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/12/2019 at 7:09 PM Post #117
they look really good ^^
the fire mane looks a lot more like fire now haha
luxurious locks will look quite better now ^^
icicle mane looks awesome and the nebula mane looks dandy xD
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 5/12/2019 at 11:12 PM Post #118
Same...two of my best qits (5vis and 5vis no less) are ruined..i sold them both i can't stand to look at em.
Strawberryshihtzu
Level 61
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 53
Posted: 5/13/2019 at 7:42 AM Post #119
oh, I personally liked the old icicle mane because it made my qit look fluffy. But its OK!
Willows12345
Level 60
Threads: 13
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 7:26 AM Post #120
I love them, they have more depth to them now.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.