Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 294 1, 2, 3... 293, 294, 295... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Byteme96
Level 70
Fabled Sculptor
Threads: 108
Posted: 9/18/2020 at 7:14 PM Post #2931
I won't be able to get on my computer the next two weeks so I won't be able to participate in the challenges. Can I opt out in advance?

Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 9/19/2020 at 6:51 AM Post #2932
Yes you can. Just if it is long that 2 weeks please let us know, so we can place you on leave until you return.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/19/2020 at 11:09 AM Post #2933
Editied
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2934
Alright everyone, I have completed updates thus far. You still have time if you would like to add to and or change up any. Just PING me a heads up if you do. Though DO NOT quote me your original post.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 5:33 PM Post #2935
alright everyone, pencils down your current challenge is over!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 6:10 PM Post #2936
TOP 3
"Extinction At It's Finest" Challenge

Though truly heart breaking to see just the mere tip of the HUGE ice berg of all the loss this world has endured, it is nice to see and reflect upon them once again. To for a moment wonder what it would have been like to have lived while they did. What differences would there have been. The endless possibilities and what if scenarios. It is utterly mind boggling. Either way, you all truly impressed me with the wide assortment of animals you have provided for the group to see this week. And not only that, but the fact out side of those that had to opt out...Everyone completed the challenge....YAY!!! I am so proud of you all. Thank you so very much for all your hard work, and dedication you have given to the D.C.U! Again thank you. And with that aside, I would like to take this moment and reflect upon this week's top 3 designs.

Your Top 3 are....

(If you are chosen, please collect your prizes before the next deadline. Otherwise you will forfeit.)

1st PLACE~
Animallover966's Designs:
Extinct Animal Of Choice: Caspian Tiger

@Animallover966...Way to impress the judges with you beautiful Caspian Tiger Griffi. Your color pallet pops vibrantly, and the mutation choices were brilliantly selected. It truly was a unanimous decision for us to choose your design. Your hard work defiantly showed this week, as you clearly stepped up your game. Very well done. Very well done indeed. And for your hard work, please select one of these 2 choices. Once you have made your decision, please PM me and let me know which one. Choice A, or Choice B.

Choice A: 10 diamonds, pet choice from sales/group tabs of my stables, 1 random avi item.

Choice B: 20k in gold, a bye for next week's challenge, and 2 random avi items.

2nd PLACE ~
Sunagakure's Design:
Extinct Animal Of Choice: Bubal Hartebeest

@Sunagakure...You have submitted a great number of decisions this week, with each one of them being just as beautiful if not more so than the last. However, it was your last design that shown the brightest in our opinion. Your colors though close in hue, where gracefully shaded just right to make it an extraordinary piece. It is extremely appealing to the eye, and very pretty. Keep up the impressive work that you do. And for your hard work. Please send me a COD of 20k in gold or pick a pet of your choice in the sales and or group choices tab of my stables. Please let me know when you have made your decision via PM.

3rd PLACE ~
Articu's Design:
Extinct Animal Of Choice: Cape Verde Giant Skink

@Articu...We judges agree that your choice in steering away from the fancy and beautiful stood out and did not go unnoticed. No in fact, your decision to focus on the skink showed one and all that beauty can also in many shades, colors, and forms. The deep rich greens in contrast to those the lighter shades was a very nice touch creating some neat affects not only in highlights but shadowing as well. It was a very well thought out design over all. Thank you so kindly for sharing the skink with us this week. We hope to see more of your amazing hard work. Keep it up!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Also, remember once a week we hand out a mystery prize to one luck random member of the D.C.U!!!! Will it be you? Only time will tell...
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 6:10 PM Post #2937
"Extinction in Plants" Challenge

So last challenge we took a look at the wonderful creatures who no longer walk this earth, in this challenge we'll be looking at the plants that can no longer be found growing in earth's soil. This challenge will be more difficult than the last one but I trust that all of you will step up to the plate and do your best!
Here is a list to help you all in your designing!

Those who have opted out: Bytme, Celt, Bookishflower, Animallover966, Ammythesta, Sootybean, Sunny, TheatreTechNerd

~Requirements~

1.) You must pick at least 1 extinct plant that truly existed in the history and or modern day of this planet.
2.) You must provide a reference picture along with the name of your chosen extinct plant(s) of choice.
3.) Please list the date (year or era of time if date note truly available) of when the plant went extinct.
4. ) If you can include a description of what your plant likely (or did) look like!

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~
Extinct Plant Dillhoffia
Date: During the Ypresian age
Coloring: The Dillohiffia was believed to have come in shades or pinks and purples, most similarly to todays Petunia flowers. It likely had darker green stalks and was a smaller flowering plant that didn't reach great heights.

Edited By Limor on 9/27/2020 at 7:03 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 6:18 PM Post #2938
Updates have been completed.

Everyone, I will be taking this challenge week off due to my birthday that is coming up.

If you need me, please by all means PM me, PING me, I will be glad to assist where I can.

And lastly, thank you Limor for helping out this week ^_^
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 6:28 PM Post #2939
Opting out this week! (taking a break for my birthday :D)
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 10:50 PM Post #2940
Extinct Plant: Caladenia brachyscapa, also known as Short Spider-Orchid
Date Last seen in 1979, formally declared extinct in 1999.
Colouring There is only one confirmed image of the plant, as seen below. It is a shade of purplish-red, with a singular hairy leaf in the centre. There is not much information about it, as it was first described in 1988, 9 years after it was last seen. It is believed that it was a shade of pinkish-red with a few red spots at the base and the end of the long and thin petals, had an underground tuber, and was about 4-5 cm wide and 3-15 cm tall.

Edited By Shimeree on 9/22/2020 at 4:04 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 293, 294, 295... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.