Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 284 1, 2, 3... 283, 284, 285... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Saroyan
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 6:15 AM Post #2831
Bird of choice:Sunbittern
Locations:east of the Ands, lowland tropical South America
Fun fact:When threatened, they display their large wings to the predator, showing the markings resembling eyes to scare it.

Bird of choice:Spotted Woodpecker
Locations:Europe, Asia and Africa
Fun fact:It's Latin name, Dendrocopus is a combination of Greek dendron and kopos meaning "tree" and "striking"

Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 9:12 AM Post #2832
Very nice start...I will add it to the next update.

Just remember going forward though to PING the challenge host your submission and or heads up about any updates. Otherwise you could get missed.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 9:13 AM Post #2833
All right everyone, there only a few hours left in this challenge. Way to go so far, you are all doing amazingly well for those that participated thus far. Keep up the great work that you are doing.

I will be doing updates later today.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 6:38 PM Post #2834
TOP 3
The "Avian" Challenge

With this challenge, we have all seen a wide variety of our avian friends out there. Some since passed, while other fly among us. It is extraordinary to see how truly diverse the species is. No wonder we as humans keep discovering and or seeing new ones almost every day. I mean seriously, there are so many different breeds, that we only have just touched the tip of that ice berg so to speak. Makes me wonder what the next one will look like. So I truly appreciate that you all brought to the table this week so many different breeds/kinds. I am talking about one and all here...From the domesticated to exotic really was nice to see. You all worked hard and stepped up to the plate. There was only really one or two incidences where a member didn't follow the rules exactly, but that is ok. We learn together. For now though, I want you all to give yourself a pat on the back. You did amazing this go around. And speaking of amazing, please help me congratulate this challenge's top 3....

They are.....

(If you are chosen, please collect your prizes before the next deadline or you will forfeit them back into the prize pool.)

1st PLACE ~
Limor's Design: Bee Eater

@Limor...Your design was jaw droppingly beautiful. I honestly started at it for the longest time, and thought of what it would be like to have one as a pet. It was crisp, and well thought out. Honestly, it even has a bit of a native vibe to it which I just love. And though you presented many different designs, this one far shined the brightest in my humble opinion. Way to go! And because you did such an amazing job you have a choice to make. Please select one of the opinions below for your prize an let me know.

Choice A: Your choice of a pet from the group tab and or sales tab to have as your own, and or resell if you prefer, 15k in gold, and a mystery avi item.

Choice B: 22k in gold, and 2 mystery avi items.

2nd PLACE ~
Dragon's Design: Hoatzin

@Dragon....Like I said before to you, I just love the muted tones, even though there are some bright coloration you could have used but missed out on. It is a very peacefully appealing design, and not many can pull that flower trait off and make it look good. However you did, which was nice to see and only proves that with the right color combo anything truly is possible. Please do keep up the great work you do, and continue taking those awesome risks. For now though please send me a COD for 18k.

3rd PLACE ~
Annoyed's Design: Belted Kingfisher

@Annoyed....I loved the fact that you didn't just attempt to base your design strictly on gene traits. I like the contrast of the mutations with the genes, your design came together very nicely. I even like the hint of the burnt orangey color reflected in the trim of the starlight armor. Nicely chosen there. And though normally I don't do this often for third place, but I want to thank you for your hard work so I am going to do it this time. Please chose from the following options and let me know which one you would like to do.

Choice A: Help design an up coming challenge that you can either take a bye in and or participate in.

Or

Choice B: Send me a COD for 10k.

With that, concludes the TOP 3. Everyone you did amazing, and the next challenge should be up shortly!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 6:47 PM Post #2835
"To The Stars" Challenge

With this challenge, you all are being charged with the task of coming up with a interstellar design. What in the bajeebus am I talking about? Well you need to do some research and select either a stand alone actual star and or constellation to base your design on. Neat right? I think so...So often we find ourselves just gazing up at the stars wondering and pondering on "what ifs", and or reflecting on how they make us realize how truly small we are. We are but a tiny speck in the grand scheme of it all. So with that in mind, put your thinking caps on and dig deep. Try hard to be unique from the other members as there are countless possibilities out there. Not just that, but remember to follow all of the requirements for this challenge too. Good luck star gazers, we look forward to seeing what you bring to the table this week.

Those That Have Opted Out: Shimeree, BookishFlower

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) Design must be designed based on a real star and or constellation. Try using a majority of the colors seen within your chosen star and or constellation. Even if it is in the background around it.
2.) You must provide the name of the star and or constellation you are using.
3.) Your chosen star and or constellation must be an official documented star and or constellation. There are some really neat unofficial ones but those will not count. So with that in mind, provide proof from whom stated that it was an official star and or constellation.
4.) Must provide a reasonable sized reference picture not more than 400 x 400.
5.) Also include at least 1 fun fact about your chosen star and or constellation. Though more are welcomed.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~
1.) All Sylestia and group rules are in affect/effect.
2.) If you need help, please do ask.
3.) Do no ignore PMs and or other communications from players. Especially staff. It is completely rude. If you don't agree with what they are saying, instead of ignoring them please politely explain your side or what have you.

~EXAMPLE~

Chosen Constellation: Draco Constellation
Officially Documented By: Claudius Ptolemy (2nd Century astronomer)
Fun Fact(s):
1.)One of the deep-sky objects with in this constellation is the Cat's Eye Nebula.
2.) Draco is never setting and can always be seen by northern latitudes.
3.) Draco is one of original 48 constellations that were discovered by Ptolemy.
4.) Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series was also named after this constellation.

Edited By Celticnuru on 9/10/2020 at 6:54 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 6:54 PM Post #2836
All updates including the hall of fame have been completed.

Good luck one and all with the new challenge this week!

Just a heads up...Our last challenge for the holiday season will be a Mandatory challenge in November!

Then in lue of the holidays like Thanks giving and Christmas we are putting it to a vote.

HOW MANY OF YOU WANT THAT TIME OFF FROM CHALLENGES??

PM me your vote, yay to being off or nay to design more. The reason being, is some say yes I want to design so lets continue but not even half of you showed last time. So I am giving you one last chance to say yes lets take off or no lets continue on.
WingsOfAmber
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 34
Posted: 9/6/2020 at 7:46 PM Post #2837
Chosen Constellation: Corvus
Documented By: Ptolemy (2nd Century)
Facts:
-Translates to "Crow" from Latin
-Its four brightest stars are Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, and Beta Corvi
-The stars in it were named by Johann Bayer using Greek letters Alpha to Eta.

Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 9/7/2020 at 2:13 AM Post #2838
Sorry, but I'm going to have to opt out this week, I've got a big exam coming up and I dont think I'll have time to make a design
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/7/2020 at 10:28 AM Post #2839
No issues there... Education is extremely important. Good luck with that and see you need week.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/7/2020 at 10:31 AM Post #2840
Just to remind everyone, this coming Sunday at 5pm CST is deadline for this challenge. This challenge is only for this week.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 283, 284, 285... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.