Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 253 1, 2, 3... 252, 253, 254... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 7/1/2020 at 10:51 PM Post #2521
All right everyone, I will be doing critiques so to speak for those that have done a submission thus far tomorrow. If you are PINGed, then there was something said to you. So please keep an eye out.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/3/2020 at 8:36 AM Post #2522
If you have been PINGed to this post, I want to thank you for coming to see what it is all about. Below, I have said a little something to each and everyone of you individually since you have already submitted at least 1 or more designs. So please find your name, and see what I have to say. It will be a critique, suggestion for improvement, and or request for change. Maybe a combination there of....Either way, all requests for change will need to be addressed before deadline for your design in question to be considered eligible. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise, keep up the awesome job, and rock on with your designs!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Limor....You have already blown my mind with amount of different flavors let along designs. I actually had to stop and research some of these flavors which are all true. But in my research, I found some even more disturbing flavors that are completely too outrageous to believe yet true. I will spare the names for those squeamish that maybe reading this along with you Limor. So for now, I will break it down by flavor.

First being...GREEN TEA. Personally, I dislike it as the taste makes me envision chewing on hay/straw. It has an earth taste that I can't over look yet my son loves the stuff. That is ok, not everyone will like the same thing. But that is besides the point. Your lup design has a nice soft green color. I love that you used the "Spring Flowers to represent in a way that earth taste. The "Ornamental Headpiece", however makes it appears as if it has vanilla in it with how the sticks come up off of it. It very well may, then again I could be wrong. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong over all with this design. Very well done here.

MONSTER ENERGY....With this nixi design, I believe you captured the Monster Energy drink rather well through out the main body of the design. The yellow-green coloration of the "Life Runes" was a nice touch offering a bit of contrast. With the representation of the ice cream itself, I believe, seen in the "Spirit Flames" mutation nicely as well. My only room for suggestion is maybe swap the coloration combinations between your C1 and G1 to tone down the amount of green seen, while also giving the over all design the claws marks as seen on the can as well? Either way you don't need to run with my suggestion if you don't want to, as I said before the design is very good as is too. Very well done.

RASPBERRY GOAT CHEESE....I am not too keen on the whole ice cream flavor, but I love the design. My only issue is that it appears a bit busy, and at the same time not..I can't quite put my finger on it exactly to be any further possible help here. My only suggestion is figure out which trait might be best removed or swapped, while maintaining the whole vibe of the flavor in question. Otherwise, nicely done here.

HOT CHEETO....Your design over all is very impressive. I love the fire mane and tail that represents the heat/spice of this frozen treat. Though I am not entirely sure the about the "Enchanted Butterflies". With that in mind, you are entirely correct, something needs to go there. It isn't quite right without something, and wings would take away rather than help the design. It is hard to say with limited traits, so if anything, I would stick with the trait already being used for now.

LAVENDER....This design is a nice design, however I am not seeing the darker purples nor the pinkish purples. True you don't have to mimic the exact coloring of the ice cream nor the plant...Is the reason for the darker and or pinkish purple colorations a way of having contrast? And another thing, the "Speckles" trait with in the tail is a bit distracting. When looking at the design my eyes are immediately drawn to it. Maybe swapping it out for a "Spring Arcanist's Flare" would tone that down a bit while maintaining the same color scheme? Just a suggestion there, otherwise again nicely done.

KING CAKE....This design is very neat, and festive. I do like it. I think you hit the nail on the head here, but my only issue is that tail. The "Tail Wisp" no fault of your own mind you, is not very appealing. I think it is just how it was designed. There is just something a bit off about it. It is very comicbook looking I guess you could say, and it takes away from you already cute design. And none of the other tail mutations would work. I think you did a marvelous job here, and made it work. Very well done.

BLUE MOON...With this design, honestly I can say right off the bat that there appears to be too much darkness with in it. But when I played with the coloring just a bit, I realized there is no way around that with the given colors as is. So don't worry about that at all then. Reason being, I don't want you taking away from what already works. It will have to be as is. Otherwise, that is all I honestly have to say about this particular design. It is a well thought of design.

RAINBOW SHERBET.....I think you chose an interesting species for this particular design. The lune is not something I would image a design for ice cream would work for let a long look appealing. However with the soft muted and kind dull coloring(which is good), you managed to really pull it off. Very well done there on your color choices. However, with your M2 mutation choice doesn't seem to really help nor fit with the over all theme I think you were trying to go for. Maybe swapping out your "Spring Blossoms", for "Glow Dust", "Swirling Snow Flakes", or "Scarab Armor" might do the design a little more of justice so to speak? Again, just a suggestion there.

RED VELVET CAKE....Must like your Raspberry Goat Cheese design, there is just something about this design that doesn't quite seem right. I thought it was the chibi wings, but it is not. I can't quite figure it out persay, and for that I am sorry. I mean the design screams red velvet, but just something appears a little off. Since I can't exactly pin point the problem I am seeing, keep as is. You did well with this one.

HONEY RHUBARB....Another flavor I am not so certain of, but the reference picture does make it rather appealing. I guess I will have to give it a try some day, so thank you for providing another interesting flavor to try out. In truth, if you have never tried any of these flavors try them. Never know if you might like it until you do. But that is besides the point. The over all genes and mutations are nicely choosen. I just feel that the coloring on the design is a bit dark. Try lightening it up just a tad more and it might just do the trick.

SMURF GELATO....Your vorpa is beautifully down. I can see the mixture of the ingredients very nicely through not only the colors, but the traits and mutations as well. Nicely done here...Very nice.

CATCHING FIRE....Ummm..No. Just no here. Want nothing to do with this one at all in regards to trying it if it comes just as your reference picture displays...Firm nope. But I absolutely love your design. I have nothing ill to say about it. Colors are spot on and appealing to the eye. Your traits and mutations are nice. Amazing job with this one.

RICK AND MORTY....Your griffi design is far more elegant than the name of the flavor. Interesting choice, I might add too. The genes are softly added in, and not too overly powerful. They don't stand out too badly and flow very nicely with the over all design and theme of the flavor I would say. Mutations are very nicely chosen as well. I don't have much ill things to say, nor any suggestions to make. Again you have done an amazing job here with this one.

DEEP OCEAN SWIRL....I just absolutely love the name of this flavor. I love the ocean, and the coloring see with in your reference picture truly does make it seem like a ice cream I wouldn't mind giving a try. Your avatar design is nicely done too. My only issue really is the green I am seeing in it. Not sure of it's purpose outside of simply adding a bit of contracts. Maybe bring some of the darkness from the antler area down and replace the green with it? Or maybe a darker blue rather than a green? My only other question is, what is the purpose of the dark antlers? The design with the dragon in the back seems a little top heavy. Maybe play around a little more with the avi items and find a little more of a better merriment then what is currently going on and it may help. Otherwise, very well done with all of your designs. It is always a pleasure to see just what you bring to the table each week. Keep up the amazing work that you do!

@Sunny....You brought multiple designs to the table this week, which was really nice to see for you and everyone. Thank you for your hard work. You only have 1 design that is currently not eligible for possible placement. That is your puff design for your "Cookie Monster" ice cream. In the requirements, it states to not use ice cream and or candied related items. So you will need to change your M1 slot before deadline to make it eligible. With that set a side, let's break down your designs one by one.

LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE...I think you picked a good species for this flavor, even had a few good trait choices as well. My only real issues are that it seems rather dark in the body of the lune, and very raspberry in color than blueberry. If you do dark, I would recommend more of a navy blue or violet color that the reddish maroon looking color. And maybe swap out the "The Tree Dryad Armor" for "Spring Blossoms"? Otherwise, I do love the softness of the yellow in the wings. It is a pretty yellow color. The M3 and G3 choices work well together. Your represented the lemon and the light color of the icecream nicely. Very well done here.

CARNIVAL COOKIE....You did a design/flavor of ice cream that is based on one of my favorite cookies! Now I want some, lol. Either way, I would give this a try in a heart beat. And your over all design was nicely done, and rather spot on. I have nothing ill to say, nor any suggestions to make. Wow, you did amazing here Sunny.

CHERRIES, PECANS, And CREAM....You did another amazing job with this rikki design. All of your trait choices worked wonderfully together with your color choices. My only issue is the burnt sienna, or burnt orange I am seeing in your design. I can only assume that is for the pecans. Maybe swapping it out with a little more of a brownish color might do the trick. Otherwise, very nicely done.

AVOCADO MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP....No...Won't even try it. I have had avocados, and I can honestly say I don't like them. I am sure this flavor tastes appealing to many, but not for me. Don't worry, won't hold that against you. Your bear design was nicely down, and shows an nice merriment of color especially from your reference picture. My only question really is why the armor? It makes it so ridged. By all means do not change it, it works. Just curious as to why you chose that.

STRAWBERRY BANANA....Your luff design does have that strawberry vibe to it. But maybe lighten the soft yellows a bit more so they don't appear to be too dark might help. Outside of that, you are golden with this design.

@Koterfaye....You too have brought many designs to the table this week, and many of them are rather interesting flavors. Very well done there. Thank you kindly for all your hard work this week. Let's break your submissions down by design a bit.

GREEN TEA....Honestly, right off the bat I would have loved the male's tail over on the female. Yes, I know that is a male chicken's tail type...But it would look pretty on the girl too. Outside of that personal opinion there, your over all design was nicely done. Nothing too big nor over the top. Very nice. I honestly have nothing really negative to say. This design was beautifully done. Very good job here.

BLACK ICE CREAM....Very nicely done here, I like the choice of the "Fox Fire" and"Glimmering Jewels". They both were nice touches. However your "Snow Leopard" was a bit distracting, and takes away from your design a bit. Or at least in my opinion. I would recommend taking and using either "Fox" or "Dolphin" for your G1 gene traits. Those two flow better with your color choices than the leopard print. Outside of that, very nicely done.

BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE....Your over all design is nearly flawless in my opinion. I know that when a blueberry is crushed it does have that purple maroon color, but why not so more of the bluish violet of the outside of the berry a little? Just a suggestion here. Also, the burnt orangy look to the feathers, and antlers also seems rather dark and out place. Maybe softening it up a little while lightening it a little so it appears more orangy in color than that? Again just a suggestion there. Otherwise, and amazing well done job here.

PASSION FRUIT......I can't say anything about this. I truly love this design, and think you did an utterly fantastic job. Very well done...Very well done indeed!

POMEGRANATE SORBET....Again, I can't say anything here. I think you did a marvelous job here. You really hit the spot with this one Koterfaye. Again very nice work!

HOMEMADE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP....I think you did an awesome job with this design. I love the use of those wings, as they really give that "Mint" vibe to it. My only real issue is that there seems to be too much dark in this. The excessive use of the chocolate hinders rather than helps. Maybe do a "C6E3B1" for your G2 slot, and a "72A611" for your M3 slot might do the trick. Again just a suggestion, otherwise your trait choices were spot on to making this flavor happen!

PATRIOTIC NEAPOLITAN....You designed beautiful a very patriotic qitari. Admittingly though, there is something off about the dark muted blue color that is throwing me..I unfortunately cannot put my finger on what exactly is off putting with it. And for that I am sorry. Your traits were nicely chosen, so it isn't that...Just something about the colors..Maybe if you play around with them just a take bit something a tad better might appear. I know not much help, but it is only a suggestion there. Otherwise, nicely done.

MOOSE TRACKS...Again, another delicious flavor that is really spot on. I have nothing ill to say, nor suggestions to make really, other than if there is some way to add a bit more dark brown. Otherwise, leave as is hon you did an awesome job.

PURPLE SWEET POTATO....Not sure I am too keen on this flavor. It looks and sounds horrible. But then again that is just me. Still would give it a try, as appearances can be deceiving. As for the design, I think your color choices work along with the mutation...However, the genes clash a bit. Maybe play around with them a bit more might help to bring a combo that doesn't clash as much? The tail and wing genes are what pop out more at me as clashing. But again it could be me, so take it more as a suggestion than anything. Until then, you did an amazing job this week! Keep it up!

@Dragongem23....You brought a couple of nice designs to the table this week. I would love to try them both. But let's break them down by design.

LACTOSE FREE BUTTER PECAN...Not many know the plight of being lactose intolerant. But I and my hubby both do. We try and stir away as much as possible from things containing milk. So I am happy to see something flavors we use to love be turned into ones we can enjoy again. So thank you for that. As for the design itself, I think you did the flavor justice. I love the design very much. I have nothing ill to say about it, nor any helpful suggestions to make. Way to go there!

LACTOSE FREE SALTED CARMEL CLUSTER...This sounds delicious, absolutely delicious...As for the design, your mutations and genes was very nicely chosen. No compliant there. However, your design seems bland in regards to richness and or color. Maybe play around a little with the shading to make it pop more might help. Otherwise, very nicely done this week!

@Stryker666....Thank you kindly for bringing multiple designs to the table this week. I truly appreciate your hard work. I think your designs are very nice, and would like to take a moment to discuss them more individually.

WILD 'N' RECKLESS SHERBET....Your rikki design is very pretty. I do enjoy it a lot. I always loved the galaxy trait of the orb. Where as the loppy ears make it adorable. My only issue is the blue in the sherbet is not represented. You have this bluish purple color instead. Try using more of the lighter blue and see how that looks. Otherwise, very nicely done.

OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERED PECAN....I love what you have done with the lup design. I really do think you have something here. The are only a few changes I would like to suggest for improvement. Maybe darkening or lightening a trait or two wither it be gene or mutation...Just something to add a little more contrast, so the over all design doesn't appear bland. Outside from that, I think it is marvelous. Way to go!

@Sophiegrace....You brought to the table so far 2 nicely done designs. I think you are really stepping it up this week, and don't think it has gone unnoticed. Because we have noticed! For now, let us break it down by design.

MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP.....Your rikki design in my opinion is flawless. There is the right amount of everything to make it fit. I honestly can't rave enough about it. Very well done. Very well done in deed here.

VANILLA....Your avi design is truly vanilla looking. I mean the items used are nice. But if there is a way to soften it over all in color it might work a lot better. Otherwise, nicely done. I do have a question though. Is the vanilla you are using French Vanilla, or just class homemade? I am asking, because I see very tiny dark specks through out the ice cream seen in your picture. Until I hear from you, very nice work this week!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/3/2020 at 8:37 AM Post #2523
If you have been PINGed to this post, I want to thank you for coming to see what it is all about. Below, I have said a little something to each and everyone of you individually since you have already submitted at least 1 or more designs. So please find your name, and see what I have to say. It will be a critique, suggestion for improvement, and or request for change. Maybe a combination there of....Either way, all requests for change will need to be addressed before deadline for your design in question to be considered eligible. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise, keep up the awesome job, and rock on with your designs!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Annoyed....You always seem to wow and amaze with your designs. You are very talented as a designer in my opinion, and I think you did amazing this week with your design. Your ROAD RUNNER RASPBERRY is very nicely done. I have in truth no ill comment, nor suggestion of improvement to make. Way to go!

@Duckbunny427...Thank you for your elegant design submission this week. You did a great job, and I can see the hard work that you put into this. So let me take a moment, and break your BLACK RASPBERRY flavor down for you. Your chosen flavor can easily be seen in your avi design. My only suggestion for improvement, as your design appears rather dark, soften up with some slightly lighter purples. Then I think you will be pretty spot on with it. I know with a lot of the avi items it is kind of hard to change colors around, but give it a try. Otherwise, great job this week!

@Byteme96....Thank you for participating this week. You did a really great job this week with your rikki design. Your COCONUT and MANGO flavor was a nice choice to mimic. However, though your genes and mutations are fine...Your coloring though nice, could use a bit of a touch up. Maybe make the almost white coloration in the body a more soft yellow, where the crisp yellow darken it just slightly to an yellowish orange color and you might just have something there. Take that as you will, as it is just a suggestion. Other than that, you did a great job this week.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 7/3/2020 at 5:11 PM Post #2524
I updated my designs based on your feedback. :) Thanks!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/3/2020 at 7:16 PM Post #2525
I will make sure to include them with the next update. Thanks for the heads up. :-)
Byteme96
Level 70
Fabled Sculptor
Threads: 108
Posted: 7/3/2020 at 7:38 PM Post #2526
Updated my design. :)
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/3/2020 at 9:15 PM Post #2527
Thank you for the heads up. I will update the ETF when I do my next round of updates. Thanks again :-)
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 11:02 AM Post #2528
Just a heads up folks, today is deadline day. So if you want to change anything up please do so before deadline. Also, if you haven't yet submitted please do so ASAP and or declare your opting out before deadline too.

One last thing, if you change anything please remember always to PING your challenge host a heads up. If you don't your design might not make it into the ETF post. This will be your last heads up/friendly reminder about that. Next time, we won't add your changed submissions if you don't PING us a heads up that you made a change and or addition.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 6:21 PM Post #2529
TOP 3
"ICE CREAM" Challenge

I want to take a moment and thank each and everyone one of you for participating. You all delivered more than I ever expected with this challenge, and for that I thank you. You blew me away with all these different flavors. Some of which I didn't even know existed. So very cool there. And because of your hard work, I have decided with the help of my staff to enact a new reward. This reward will be randomly handed out privately to one member. It could be because they posted the most designs, or impressed us the most outside of the TOP 3. But we will not announce that person, as it will be their pleasure to announce it if they would like to. So consider it a mystery prize so to speak. But speaking of prizes, how about we award the TOP 3 of this flavorful design challenge...

They Are....(If you are chosen, please claim your prize before the next deadline or it will be forfeited.)

1st PLACE ~
Sunny's Designs:
Flavor Of Choice: Cookie Monster Ice Cream

@Sunny....It was a close one Sunny, with your Cookie Monster Puff design. It almost didn't make it for eligibility as you used a prohibited trait, but in the end you made a beautiful switch just in the nick of time. Very well done. For your hard work, please select a pet of your choice from my "Group Choice" tab with in my stables or state that if you would rather have an avi item. Also, please send me a COD for 20K.

2nd PLACE ~
Koter's Designs:
Flavor Of Choice: Black Ice

@Koter....You presented a great number of delicious designs that seemed amazing and looked extremely appealing to one and all. Your Black Ice ice cream Ryori was one of the unique ones you presented that stood out the most. Your design had this classy ritzy look, which highlighted all the interesting bits and pieces of your chosen flavor. Very well done. For your hard work, keep an eye out for a random avi item heading your way. You can keep it or sell it as it will be yours.

3rd PLACE ~
Dragon's Designs:
Flavor Of Choice: Lactose Free Butter Pecan

@Dragon....You produced two awesome lactose free flavors. In truth, I didn't know they exsisted, and am so incredibly glad to know there are choices out there for people whom have an issue with lactose. But out of your two flavors, your qitari design is what stood out the most. It has an elegance to it that your other design did in fact lack. But that is ok. Your other design was a great one, but the enchanted butterflies the qitari had gave it just that extra something to make it pop. Keep up the amazing work you have been doing!!!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 6:40 PM Post #2530
"Countries" Challenge

In this challenge me (Limor!) will be your host! With the advent of America's 4th of July yesterday we on the team came up with the patriotic challenge! In this challenge you have to create a pet based on a countries flags. Either use your country of origin or your ancestors country!

~Requirements~

1.) Find a good reasonably sized legit picture of your country's flag, and create a pet design around the colors found with in that flag. If you would rather do it for another country you can do so, but it really should be about the country you were born in. Or have lived the longest in. The image needs to be visible, not a clickable link. (You can also do your ancestors flag!)
2.) Please state the country you based your design from.
3.)You can make as many designs are you want. Just keep it all to one post.

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~
Chosen Flag: Royal Flag of Scotland

So I have a Scottish heritage and for this design I chose the Royal Scottish Flag to create a design around! The mascot is a lion which at first led me to lighira but I was getting flower vibes from the border so ended with a vulynx. I currently live in America (and always have, was born in my current home town - never moved) but i want to visit Scotland one day
Edited By Limor on 7/5/2020 at 6:41 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 252, 253, 254... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.