Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 221 1, 2, 3... 220, 221, 222... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 7:39 PM Post #2201
"Mothers Around The World" Challenge
(READ EVERYTHING)

Those Whom Have Opted Out: Shimeree, Animallover966

With this Mother's Day inspired challenge, you will be charged with the task to create a pet design based on motherhood from around the world. Like what life for them is like, what do they do differently then they do from where you are located, etc... And with that in mean you will need to do some research with this one a bit. So please take some time to study the many different aspects of motherhood from the region you choose to base your design on. If you can't think from something modern, you can indeed use something based from history and or myth. And though you can choose your own mother for your inspiration, we ask that you don't because that would be in truth taking the easy road and we want you to challenge yourself. So try to think outside the proverbial box so to speak. You could pick to design your submission on a mother from Africia, Europe, South/North America, or anywhere you choose. And while you do your research for this challenge, please be sure that your design meets all the requirements below!

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) You can only use the female gender of the pet species of choice. But please bare in mind to use the hardest species it is for you to work with. After all moms are some of the hardest working individuals out there!
2.) Keep all your designs that you submit to one post.
3.) You must give the name of the region in which you chose to base your motherhood design on. A reference picture would also be nice to see.
4.) You design cannot be larger nor smaller than size 250.
5.)Give a bit of insight to your chosen mother of choice and region.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~
1.) All group core rules are in play.
2.) Be sure to respond to communications in a timely fashion.
3.) If you need help please by all means ask ASAP.

~EXAMPLE~
(Given by Limor)

Region Of Choice: Africa

Mothers all over the world are truly hard working. They birth, and get right back down to business. But unlike most mothers from around the world, Africian mothers tend to have it a little more rough in life. A greater portion of the continent doesn't have the luxuries that others may have. They often go without. Yet they still make due with what they have regardless and keep working while nurturing and supporting their family.
Edited By Celticnuru on 5/13/2020 at 9:33 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:00 PM Post #2202
Everyone, I wanted to give you all a heads up. After careful consideration over recent events that have transpired we have had a change in staff. I want to thank Animaspectra for all the hard work in which she has done as staff for the group. She was passionate about her position and the group. However, due to some recent developments, we had to part ways. We wish her the best.

In her stead, Koterfaye has stepped up to the plate and has begun lending her hand/time to the D.C.U. cause as our new staff member. Thank you again Koterfaye, we look forward to working with you!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:07 PM Post #2203
Also, everyone...One the 1st page of this thread, I have posted a link to the dicord server for the D.C.U. Our main focus will be here, but if you want to join us and chat over there you now can!!!
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:10 PM Post #2204
Self reminder ping
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:22 PM Post #2205
I'm going to have to opt out this week, I've got too many important assessments to do this week and wont have time to work on any designs. sorry!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:28 PM Post #2206
That is understandable. I hope you meet your deadlines, and we hopefully will see you next week!
Auria
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 63
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:34 PM Post #2207
Chosen Region: Japan

The difference in American and Japanese mothers is almost limitless. Of course both are hardworking and love their children dearly. However, in Japan, mothers are expected to be perfect as how their children act is reflected on their upbringing. When a child falls and cries the mother doesn't pay it any mind until it stops crying, and then comforts the child. This teaches children to comfort themselves. Instead of scolding a child the mother simply says "Everyone is watching and laughing at you, so you should stop." It teaches children to be mindful of the group rather than being self-centered. Japanese mothers often sleep with their children rather than the husband.

Worked on this for on hour straight! I actually got in on time! Yay! (Ignore mini celebration)
Edited By Auria on 5/10/2020 at 8:35 PM.
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 8:48 PM Post #2208
Region of Choice: Philippines

From what I have researched and heard about from a friend, Philipino mothers are usually strict.
From the perspective of their children, mothers are found to be more nurturant and involved than fathers. Mothers are also perceived to be more powerful than fathers in that they give the directives and organize the childs activities. As in most places, the mother is seen as the caretaker of the children, and of the home.

I talked to a friend I know who lives in the Philippines and he told me that mothers there are very strict and tell their kids what they should be in the future, but they are also kind. He also told me that many kids there can be stubborn and spoiled, which can sometimes drive their mothers crazy.

Image:

Design:

Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 9:01 PM Post #2209
New self reminder ping
Akirashadowwolf
Level 54
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 39
Posted: 5/10/2020 at 10:21 PM Post #2210
Region of Choice: Inuit people of Alaska

I have always fond the Inuit people fascinating so I decided to use them on this challenge. The mothers would have their husbands chosen for them at a very young age and were considered married after their first child. While the men were out hunting, the women remained at the camp and responsible for keeping the fires going and sewing clothing in order to keep their families warm.
In the event that a family was unable to care for a child, they would resort to infanticide. When this is done a mother would abandoned their infant in hopes that a family who was less desperate would adopt them before the cold or a wild animal killed the child. It was believed that this was the infant's best chance against starvation.

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 220, 221, 222... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.