Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 21 1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 10:33 AM Post #201
Where can I find the challenge? I will submit one after church.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 10:34 AM Post #202
If you go to the very 1st post of this group there is a link to the challenge under helpful links. It is called "CURRENT Challenge". I hope that helps hon.
Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 12:04 PM Post #203
I added two more designs to my entry
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 1:50 PM Post #204
Gemstone
Labradorite

Reason
I love the iridescence, especially when shining through the rough stone.

Beliefs
It is claimed Labradorite was discovered in 1770 by missionaries, it is known this gem was used by the Beothuk peoples in northern Canada much earlier than the late 18th century and had been referenced in older Inuit legends.

One of these recounts that long ago the Northern Lights were trapped within the rocks along the Labrador coast in Canada, till an Inuit warrior saw them and decided to set them free. The warrior was able to release most of the lights with just one blow from his spear. Some however stayed imprisoned within the stones in what are hypnotic Labradorite gems.

Labradorite gems are known to pacify an overactive mind, assisting it in focusing its efforts on imagination, creativity and developing new ideas. It is a powerful tool for bringing back joy and spontaneity into ones life, awakening a sense of adventure and eliminating the emotional drain of daily routine and excessive responsibility. As it is invaluable in brightening minds and expressing creativity, this stone is recommended for teachers, composers, creative writers and playwrights.

Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 4:32 PM Post #205
Gemstone: Amethyst

Reasoning: I just really like this gemstone, and purple is my favorite color.
Beliefs: Amethyst was known as a gem that would bring forth the highest, purest aspirations of human kind. Chastity, sobriety, and control over one's thoughts were all attributes heightened by wearing the stone.

Gemstone: Lapis Lazuli

Reasoning: This blue rock just looks really cool to me. I also like working with cooler colors (blue, green, purple).
Beliefs: Its deep, celestial blue remains the symbol of royalty and honor, gods and power, spirit and vision. It is a universal symbol of wisdom and truth.

Gemstone: Ruby

Reasoning: I wanted to go away from the cool colors I did in my last two designs. Also, 'tis my birthstone.
Beliefs: When rubbed on the skin, they were also thought to restore youth and vitality. For thousands of years, Ruby was considered the stone of love, energy, passion, power, and a zest for life.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 6:18 PM Post #206
All right everyone, pencils/paints/pens/stylists/etc...down. Deadline has past for this brutal yet fun challenge. I will have updates done shortly, as well as the top 3 and next challenge posted following suit. You all have done extremely well, and you should be proud of the work you have put forth. Way to go everyone! And we all can breath again... ^_^.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 6:58 PM Post #207
~ENTRIES THUS FAR POST 4~
"Gemstone" Mandatory Challenge
(A Dragon Creation)

Below you will find the designs thus far per represented player/member. If you don't see your design here, it may be in another "Entries Thus Far" post if there happen to be any others. If not, then check to make sure you have met all the requirements listed for the challenge. And then lastly contact me. You can contact me first if you are change, editing, and or adding new materials to your original post. Remember keep it to one post ladies and gents. If you need assistance, please let me know otherwise keep up the amazing work everyone!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Splov's Designs:

(Moonstone)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lenore Designs:

(Labradorite)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Grif's Designs:

(Amethyst)

(Lapis Lazuli)

(Ruby)

Edited By Celticnuru on 5/26/2019 at 6:59 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 7:41 PM Post #208
~"MANDATORY/Gemstone" Challenge TOP 3~

Welcome one and all to another edition of "Top 3". I truly hope you are all having a great weekend, and continue doing so for those with extended weekends due to the holiday.

First off, I wanted to start off thanking everyone that participated with in this mandatory challenge. I know it was a bit brutal, and I was a bit of a stickler so to speak about deadlines, requirements, rules and for that I am sorry. And even though they need to be upheld, I will try to go about upholding them in a fashion that hopefully will not seem so brutally aggressive.

I also have find out that I may have even upset a few of you with my actions, and that was not at all my intention. I want this to be fun for everyone regardless of skill, talent, and or passion. I will attempt to better myself personally on that front going forward, but please understand with any future mandatory challenges, (though rare as they are), things will be a bit more intensifying than your average weekly challenge. But through the blood, sweat, tears, fears, and what have you the prizes will be worth it. Prizes for mandatory challenges will be a lot large in worth than your average weekly challenges well making things hopefully worth the aggravation I seemingly have put you all through. Again I will most definitely work on that for you all as well.

And speaking of challenges, below you will find a list of the "Entries Thus Far" posts so you all may reflect, revisit, review, critique, comment/remark on for those designs that have been successfully completed for this challenge. It is through these comments that we learn how to improve and better ourselves as designers. So do not be afraid to speak out!

If you notice your design is not present, please contact me privately so we can discuss this. It very well may have been a mistake on my part, or there may be a missing requirement with in your original design post. To which I most definitely can explain if you contact me via PM. If you have any questions or concerns, please do contact me as well.

POST 1
POST 2
POST 3
POST 4

Without further adieu.....Your "Top 3"!

WINNERS...Please be sure to check for your special message below the image of your design for further instructions!

1ST PLACE ~

LENORE'S Design: Labradorite

@Lenore....Congratulations on becoming our 1st Place winner of this challenge. Please set up a currency exchange for 10 diamonds, and alert me when this is completed. Also send a COD for 25,000g. Click here to claim your new THEMED fur baby(I hope you enjoy!). And keep an eye out for an avi item coming your way. You can keep, use, and or sell said avi item.

2ND PLACE ~

SAKURA'S Design: Natural Chalcedon

@Sakura....Congratulations on becoming our 2nd Place winner of this challenge. Please set up a currency exchange for 5 diamonds, and alert me when this is completed. Also send me a COD for 15,000g. And keep an eye out for an avi item coming your way. You can keep, use, and or sell said avi item.

3RD PLACE ~

ART'S Design: Carnelian

@Art.....Congratulations on becoming our 3rd place winner of this challenge. Please be sure to send me a COD for 5,000g. Also, keep an eye out for an avi item coming your way. You can keep, use, and or sell said avi item.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 8:20 PM Post #209
~MEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE~

Those Whom Have Opted Out: Shimeree, DrMako, Sakurakuromi

For this weekly challenge, I challenge you all to design a pet based on what "Memorial Day" means to you. Wither your design represents our brothers, sisters, moms, dads, or other various family that have served that have given everything in the line of duty, still currently serve, or something else entirely that is fine so long as it represents what "Memorial Day" means to you. Reference pictures are welcome, and there is no size limit to your design, nor limit to how many you make. Just remember to contain everything to one post only! Also, please remember to challenge yourselves, and step outside your comfort zones!! And lastly...Participation is not required, you can opt out if you need to. Though please do give it a try!

REQUIREMENTS
1.) All designs must stay with in the theme/concept of this challenge and be contained only to one design post that you can edit as many times as you wish up to the deadline. Just remember to PING me if you submit, change, edit, or swap out a design!
2.) Please only use your favorite breed/species of pet for this challenge.

RULES
1.) If you opt out of this challenge, you need to PM me or PING me in thread. Do not say you may or may not compete. You either are, or you are not. There is no inbetween. Just be mindful of the deadline.
2.) All group core rules are in affect/effect as well!

EXAMPLE

(General -Memorial Day Design)

(Army & Navy)
NO this is not required to do, but I wanted to explain why I chose what I did. You can if you want to as well.

I have personally had relatives that have served in the Army and Navy. I thank them and everyone else whom have made that ultimate sacrifice and are no longer with us, as well as I am continually grateful for those that still serve. Not just in the Army or Navy, but in every branch of the military and or civilian line of service such as police, fire fighters, medical personal, and city!

Army

Navy
Edited By Celticnuru on 1/15/2020 at 6:08 PM.
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 5/26/2019 at 8:26 PM Post #210
can i still sign up?

NAME: encryption
PREFERED NAME: (idc really)
PLAYER ID: 112583
NAME OF FAV. SPECIES IN SYLESTIA: sylvorpa
Edited By Encryption on 5/26/2019 at 8:27 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.028 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.