Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 141 1, 2, 3... 140, 141, 142... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 5:41 PM Post #1401
omg im so sorry i was really busy today and forgot till now TwT
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 5:42 PM Post #1402
TOP 3
"1 Color, Many Shades" Challenge

Some of the most basic of challenges, can be just as difficult as the most complex. With this challenge, a great number of you truly brought it to the table this week. You did an amazing job, and it is a shame that I can only do the top 3. Just know your hard work was truly appreciated, and did not go unnoticed. Please make sure to help me congratulate those that did make the top 3 this week, as it was well deserved. Your top 3 are....

(If you are in the top 3 please, be sure to claim your prizes by next deadline for they will be forfeited.)

1st PLACE ~
SpiritBeast's Design:

Original

Altered

@Spirit....I am not a fan of the vorpa(s), but your design was exquisite. I love your color choices. I have a new respect for the color orange. And you managed to choose the right shades for the right traits, which gave your design a whole sense of depth that was smooth with each transition. Outstanding work. Please go to my stable, and in the "GROUP" tab of my 1st stable, pick a pet out that you would like. If you do not like any, if you want to have an offspring of from a pair of your choice please let me know. Also, please send me a COD for 15,000g.

2nd PLACE ~
Opipearl's Design:

Original

Altered

@Opipearl...I love the burnt look of your rather warm design. I truly like it, and believe that the light peachy orange was a nice offset to the darker oranges. Admittingly though, I do like your original over your altered design. For your hard work, please send me a COD for 10,000g.

3rd PLACE ~
Limor's Design:

Original

Altered

Other Designs:

@Limor....I believe you had a real eye for detail in your multiple set of designs. Each had it's own unique appeal to it. You picked colors and traits that worked well with each other in a smooth mesh of artistic beauty. I truly appreciate your hard work, and think you did an amazing job. Keep up the outstanding work that you do.
Edited By Celticnuru on 12/29/2019 at 5:52 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1403
~Fandom~ Challenge
Challenge Brought To Us By: Akira!!

(READ EVERYTHING!!)

DEADLINE: Sunday Dec. 29th, 2019 @ 5pmCST

Excused/Opted Out Of Challenge: Sairento, Koterfaye, Shimeree, Articu

With this challenge, you will be responsible for creating a avi and or pet design that is based around a "Fandom". A fandom is a collection of common/extreme interests and or fan of one particular subject. A fandom can be based on such things as favorite furries, actors/actresses, movie genre (example: Star Wars), singer, band, and what have you. There are tons and tons of fandoms out there. If you are unsure, go a head and use google. And if you still don't understand, contact me privately and I will better assist you. As for your design....Your design can be either a pet and or avi design. Just be sure to read and full all rules and requirements for this challenge. Good luck one and all!!

~REQUIREMENTS~

1.) You can make as many designs as you want. Just be careful, as all designs and your critique must fit into one design post only that you can edit as many times as needed.
2.) You must use a reference picture for your fandom, as well as give a written description of why you chose that fandom. This will help broaden our minds to what interests you as well as given us a glimpse into another fandom that we may want to check out on our own.
* 3.) (Only the very 1st poster of a challenge is excused from this requirement.) Be sure to include within your design post your critique for the designer that posted before you whom besides myself you must also PING when posting. Your critique MUST be of their 1st DESIGN ONLY, as well as a bare minimum of 3 to 4 sentences in length! Explain what they can improve on, as well as what you liked about their design specifically. You MUST provide a reference picture to what you are referring to, so that the designer you are critiquing better understands what you are trying to convey about their design. Perhaps a side by side comparison of their design and what you believed their design should look like with your tips of improvement. With that in mind, DO NOT by any means leave a fellow designer hanging and waiting on you as that is just rude, and inconsiderate.
*4.) (ALL MUST COMPLY WITH THIS ONE)You must recreate your original design, but remember to incorporate some of the suggestions made to you by your design critiquer. That is why it is important to stay on top of any PINGs and or critiques made to you!! If you don't receive a ping, then by all means check regularly to see if someone has critiqued your design and get your altered piece done a sap. Take that new design, and place it NEXT TO your original design so that we may see the changes you made. DO NOT put your critiqued piece after any paragraphs or or comments. It must be right next to your original piece. Remember, without this your design post is viewed as incomplete.
5.) Your design cannot be bigger nor smaller than the example shown below.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~

1.) All core group rules are in affect/effect.
2.) Failure to follow any requirements and or rules will result it in being clearly seen in your work that you are unable to follow directions. Remember to ask for help if you need assistance and or clarification. Otherwise, at the end of the challenge you will be assigned a negative mark accordingly.

~EXAMPLE~
(Since I did a avi example, all pet designs must be at a size of 250!!)

Fandom Of Choice: The Moriartians

I am a fan of Andrew Scott's rendition of the infamous master mind and criminal consultant James (Jim) Moriarty, as well as many of his other works. However, he did a beautiful interpretation of the fictional character in BBC America's Sherlock series. His Jim Moriarty really brought a new element to the table that drew in fans like myself all over the world. From his sheer genius, cockness, swagger, to his rather ballsy moves. So much so we have united come together as a fandom based group to be called the Moriartians. In the group we share images of Andrew as Moriarty, and discuss the different things about the character. What we liked about him as the character, discuss fan fics, artwork. We also go on about how we would love him to reprise the role of the character, in which he said he would be happy to do so. We just need to figure out a way to contact the producers and demand that they bring him back from the dead to do so. Sorry we are passionate about that. Maybe by say faking his own death and such, as we have many theories on how his supposed suicide does add up. But then we can dream. *Sigh* The man, and by man I mean the character, is too brilliant to be dead. But that is ok...For now though we share and swap stories and pictures until something happens.
Edited By Celticnuru on 1/15/2020 at 8:49 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 6:03 PM Post #1404
Fandom: Sally Face
I'm a great fan of sally face, its a wonderfully made indie video game about a boy who loses his face and has to defeat a cult. I have much respect for the game as the creator, Portable Moose, designed and coded the whole thing almost on his own. The fifth game just came out and having finished it a few days ago my love for the game has been renewed!

Sally:

(mask)

(no mask)

(avi)

((updated))
Edited By Limor on 12/23/2019 at 10:14 PM.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1405
whilst ive never heard about sally face, i would suggest making the skin color on you avi a little pink. though its only on the mask its nowhere on your design. also, i would suggest making the pants red and the shoes blue like it is in the pictures ive seen. you're design is quite good (with the striking blues and blood reds ), and i hope to see more of your great designs in the future!
~nintendo~

i chose ths fandom because it is one of my favourites i have been playing nintendo games for as long as i can remember. their bright and cheery atmosphere in the mario, splatoon aand party games along with the mind boggling puzzles and combat of the legend of zelda series.
calamari inkantation nixi (sung by sthe squid sisters) (thanks limor for the help!)

after critique:

inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2JN5BxA_0

marvel
i chose this particular faandom because of the great experiences watching the movies reading the comics and watching the cartoons. and because of that i probably wouldnt of checked out my favorite shows and books like percy jackson and pokemon.
iron spider

rick riordan myths universe (or whatever the heck its called)

percy jacksson (W.I.P.)

Edited By Picklethedarklord on 12/26/2019 at 7:45 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1406
No it can be more than one. Just remember in the future to have your questions outside of your design post so they stand out easier, and aren't missed.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1407
ok thanks!
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 6:36 PM Post #1408
look at my post plz it has my critique
Akirashadowwolf
Level 54
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 39
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 8:56 PM Post #1409
Furry Fandom
As a member of this fandom myself, I have seen the common misconceptions about us and would like to clear some things up. A furry is simply someone who is a fan of anthropomorphic animals (animals with human characteristics). We create our own characters, buy and sell art, meet new people online and at conventions, and some of us (myself included) get fursuits of said characters. we are not the monsters people make us out to be.
I'm using my suit and character Blossom as my main example.
-->

Critique
I actually found it really difficult just because there were so many references which caused me a lot of confusion. so I decided to look into the design on it's own. I felt like the colors did well in its combination. The only thing I felt needed to be changed was some of the shading. I darkened G2 and M2 a bit to give a bit more accent and I lightened G3 because the sudden dark purple seemed really harsh against your design.
-->
Edited By Akirashadowwolf on 12/24/2019 at 11:59 AM.
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 12/22/2019 at 11:10 PM Post #1410
Could i possibly opt out?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 140, 141, 142... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.029 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.