Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 116 1, 2, 3... 115, 116, 117... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1151
All right folks. I will do the update when I get home after work. I will also at that time post your instructions, and hand out Mark's to those that unfortunately deserve them. Please stay tuned...
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 5:28 PM Post #1152
Im making mine rn, sorry!!!!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 5:41 PM Post #1153
Sorry hon, you are too late. The deadline for the challenge has passed. I announced before I posted the challenge that the deadline was Friday at 5 p.m. Central Time. I know that this Festival has got a lot of us excited. However if we can do the festival then we have time to do the challenge. So unfortunately Marks will be issued to those who didn't post in time or state before deadline that they were opting out. I will do all updates after work tonight.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 7:14 PM Post #1154
READ DO NOT SKIM!!!

All right folks, I have updated the last of the eligible submissions to the the "Entries Thus Far" post. What you are to do now, is review the entries upon that post. Pick your top 3 choices, and PM them to me. DO NOT post your Top 3 here. The ones with the most votes will be 1st, followed by 2nd, and then 3rd.

Even if you did not participate/opted out, I ask that you please do this. I need all votes PMed to me ASAP. The deadline is Sunday by 12pm to cast your vote.

After that I will put up the top 3 for this challenge, and put the next challenge up.

Also it seems like we had a HUGE issue with time management as well as an issue following the rules/guidelines. Remember, if you can get on to do the festival and partake of its' events, then you should be able to find time to do the challenge fully and correctly. Especially if you READ the entire challenge design post, as I explain in detail what is and is not acceptable. Skimming it only results in errors, and or loss of information which shows in the details of one's work. I am addressing everyone on this, as not to single anyone out. So please remember you can't pick and choose what you do and don't do from the design post. Each aspect of each requirement or anything present on the main design post MUST be met for a submission to be eligible. Failure to do so only proves you cannot follow the rules and or directions, and is a blatant disregard for the challenge as a whole. That is why it is extremely important to read everything and not skim the information.

If you don't know what the word "Skim" is, it means to read something quickly without reading the entire thing. And there by only retaining partial information.

Remember folks, I give you a week to get these things done so I don't know what else to tell you on that. If you follow the rules then there is no issue. If you don't, then there are consequences for your actions. Simple as that.

MANDATORY Challenge Information/Reminder:
As a reminder, not this next challenge but the challenge after that is a mandatory challenge. The date of said challenge is Nov. 10th! You are all required to participate and there will be no opting out permitted for that particular challenge. The prizes for the top 3 and best critique will be worth it!!!!
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 11/2/2019 at 6:01 PM Post #1155
Hi. Sorry about not submitting a design. My laptop hasn't been working. Either way I wanted to let you k how that I will be taking a short break from D.C.U. I'll try to squeeze in the mandatory challenge if I have to.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/3/2019 at 6:45 AM Post #1156
You have already been taking a short break from the group, as you haven't been activity lately. Besides that you will have to PM me to discuss you membership as you have already received your 3rd mark unfortunately.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/3/2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1157
All right folks, I have calculated the voting so far. I am still giving you all that haven't cast your vote time to do so still.

I have the next challenge ready to go as well once I post the top 3.

If you have any questions, concerns, and or issues please let me know and I will do my best to assist you. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing what you will bring to the table next time.

Enjoy the fest!!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/3/2019 at 12:23 PM Post #1158
TOP 3 - "Superhero" Challenge

I want to thank each and everyone of you that participated and or let me know you were opting out. This week proved to be challenging for a great number of individuals, but it didn't seem to stop you. So give yourselves a pat on the back for an amazing job well done. I hope the next challenge proves to be just as thrilling and outstanding as this one did. Below, you will see our top 3 stotic heros that have come to save us. Please be sure to see if your design is below. If it is, make sure to follow the directions in the personalized message to you. If you do not respond by the next deadline, your prize will be forfeited. For now though....Your TOP 3 by popular vote!!!

1st PLACE ~
Spirit's Designs:

(Insurgent Demon/Bron)
Original Design:

Altered Design:

@Spirit....I wanted to congratulate you personally for really stepping up your game and design this week. You truly did an amazing job, and I believe a number of your co-designers agree you are deserving of 1st place. As such, please send me a COD for 20K. Also, I have some brewing items if you would like one such as: (only choose 1 cata if you pick a cata) Catas([Faelora] Rotting Woods, [Morkko (Aged)] Vampiric, [Nytekrie] Haunted Brew, [Sylvorpa (Aged)] Black Widow, or a greater blood vial. You can also if you don't want a brewing item, take a random avi item that I have in storage. So that means you can have teh 20K and one other item from those that I listed. Please let me know as soon as you can.

2nd PLACE ~
Sai's Designs:

(Dream Wanderer Yume)
Original Design:

Altered Design:

@Sai...You did an outstanding job this week. Your design was extremely beautiful and pleasing to the eye to see. I really enjoyed your submission, and the story that went along with it and I believe the others did agree by the way they voted. Amazing work this week. Well done. Please send me a COD for 15k.

3rd PLACE ~
Sunny's Designs:

(Fotia the Fire Elemental)
Original Design:

@Sunny...Your submission was truly amazing to see. Your concept was well thought out, and your fellow group members felt you deserve the recognition this week for all your hard work. And I have to agree with them. Your critique was friendful as it was straight forward. Your description/story about your hero was really detailed which I liked. It to me left me wanting to know more about Fotia. You really were amazing and truly awesome with your submission. Keep up the amazing work. I just wish your critiquer would have been sooner then that of the deadline so we could have seen how you would interrupt their helpful suggestions of improvement. I am sorry they did not give you enough time to do so. But all in all, I think it turned out alright. And good luck next week.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/3/2019 at 12:25 PM Post #1159
I did not want to single anyone out, so I figured to address this with everyone here. If after you read this you decide you want to leave the group then PM me privately about your decision stating you want to leave and I will remove you with no questions asked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Good Morning/Afternoon to one and all. I noticed of late there seems to be a real issue with attendance of late, and have been getting various "I'm to busy with other things on Sylestia at the moment that I can't do this right now" excuses. Don't get me wrong, I mean by all means I completely understand life happens and there are some things that just can't be avoided or come about unplanned. Life will not be held against you, so long as you communicate...But if you are opting out or blowing the group off because you have other things to do here on Sylestia is kind of a slap to the group's face and utter BS. After all you are the ones that joined this group knowing full well what was expected of you with everything else already on your plate...I didn't make you, though I am glad to see you here. And I hope to continue seeing you here so long as you are ACTIVELY here participating.

Remember, you joined this group and agreed to participate in accordance with the nature of this group as a whole by joining. And with a good sense of time management you should be able to give this group your all just as the others do and are expected to do. Because I am most certain a number of them have just as much on their plate as you do if not more, yet they still manage to participate on a regular basis. And if you couldn't based on everything else you had going on, shouldn't have joined in the first place until you could actively give it your all. I mean after all, you are given over a week's time to complete each challenge. So there is no reason to opt out unless RL catches you off guard some how. I mean school, family, work, illness, mental well being, death of a loved/dear one, broken laptops are all valid reasons to opt out. Being too busy with other things on Sylestia is not.

I love each and every one of you as fellow designers. But this is something that has been weighing on me for some time, and finally it had to be addressed. I hope you can understand that and I hope to see you with the next challenge now that the have been aired so we can all move on and enjoy the D.C.U. for those that choose to remain.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/3/2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1160
"Supervillain" - Challenge
(READ EVERYTHING, DO NOT SKIM)

You can't have a superhero without a supervillain right?! Just like there is no light without the dark...So for this challenge, you will need to create an original "Supervillain" using the wardrobe option in Sylestia. So put your creative thinking caps on, and dig deep into the reserve of yours and let's see what you have to bring to the table this week. Remember though, you will have to meet ALL requirements unless otherwise stated. Don't forget to check back on a regular basis if you haven't received a critique. Once you have one, be sure to get that altered design into your design post before deadline (Sunday Nov. 10th @ 5pm CST).

Those Choosing To Opt Out: Piclethedarklord, Shimeree

~ REQUIREMENTS ~
(No Size Requirement, however when critiquing, reference pictures are a must!)

1.) You must create an original "Supervillain"of your very own using only the wardrobe option. Anything with in that wardrobe is permissible to use.
2.) You must also name your "Supervillain". Not just that but in 4 to 5 GOOD sentences, give an explanation of why your villain is a villain, and or why they have the powers they do. Basically, the reason for being. The longer this is the better.
*3.) (Only the very 1st poster of a challenge is excused from this requirement.) Be sure to include within your design post your critique for the designer that posted before you whom besides myself you must also PING when posting. Your critique MUST be of their 1st DESIGN ONLY, as well as a bare minimum of 3 to 4 sentences in length! Explain what they can improve on, as well as what you liked about their design specifically. You MUST provide a reference picture to what you are referring to, so that the designer you are critiquing better understands what you are trying to convey. With that in mind, DO NOT by any means leave a fellow designer hanging and waiting on you as that is just rude, and inconsiderate.
*4.) (ALL MUST COMPLY WITH THIS ONE)You must recreate your original design, but remember to incorporate some of the suggestions made to you by your design critiquer. That is why it is important to stay on top of any PINGs and or critiques made to you!! If you don't receive a ping, then by all means check regularly to see if someone has critiqued your design and get your altered piece done a sap. Take that new design, and place it NEXT TO your original design so that we may see the changes you made. Remember, without this your design post is viewed as incomplete.

~ RULES/GUIDELINES ~

1.) All core group rules apply!
2.) Before you post your design, make sure you have your critique ready along with your design for the person that came before you. That includes the reference design of the piece you are critiquing, that showcases the improvements you are referencing.
3.)Do not place hold for your design post by saying W.I.P...Only post a design once you have the start of it ready including your critique piece, or when are opting out.

~ EXAMPLE ~
AQUARIUS

Aquarius came into being after watching many of her friends and family slaughtered by the hands of man kind. Wither it be to scientific experimentation, and or out right over fishing and pollution. It mattered not. Was was being done was done, and it didn't end there. Watching the human wastes and man made by products leaching into the surrounding, and seeing first hand the discarded carcasses of those she held dear being cast a side enraged her to no end. In fact, Aquarius herself became as untameable as the sea herself. She is the self proclaimed embodiment of seven seas.
The very voice of goddess Calypso, and like hell if she would stand by a moment longer and allow this to go unpunished. If the humans want to harm her waters, and kill her friends then she too would do so in return. She would not discriminate against age, gender, species, or what have you. She would and will harm and or kill indiscriminately. With the abilities to communicate with the marine line, and command the unrelenting waters of the deep...Aquarius would drown those daring and bold enough to tread her waters using their vessels to create barrier reefs. She would push out the toxins both man made and not back on land and into the arms of man kind. I mean why should her kind and or any marine life be meant to suffer alone. She now believe in an eye for an eye. And if that meant bringing out about the fiery depths of hell to do so, then by god she would do so and with a vengeance!
Edited By Celticnuru on 1/15/2020 at 8:42 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 115, 116, 117... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.