Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival Game - Avatar Dress Up
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 11/10/2013 at 10:18 PM Post #61
The Spirit of Summer

I drew some inspiration for my entry from a song called A Winter's Carol. The song personifies Summer and Winter is beings, interacting only briefly each year. The Summer being living in darkness for the winter, before returning to take her place with the sun. I used the kitsune tails and wings to represent the encroaching darkness that surrounds her.

The Spirit of Summer brings warmth and comfort to the lands in the warm months of the year. She wields her blessed lantern, casting the cold and stifling darkness to the background wherever she roams. She frolics care-freely amid new growth and the summer birds and butterflies, chasing away thought of the creeping shadows to the back of her mind.

As the months grow colder and the nights become longer, the forgotten shades return, relentless in their pursuit. Hers is the time old cycle, knowing once more she will be eclipsed by the winter's darkness. As cold November reigns in it's icy domain, the summer spirit clutches tightly to her flickering lantern. It is a lonely path that she must walk, but she must never forget her purpose. To fail to awaken the summer would leave the world waiting in the darkness with her. Waiting for the sun to once more rise again.
Edited By Zelly on 11/10/2013 at 10:19 PM.
BandaidMcHealerson
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 11
Posted: 11/10/2013 at 11:07 PM Post #62
Beep Beep I'm a Paintbrush

Actual creation of this avatar consisted of 'hey, pick me an item to coordinate my avatar with' 'DO THE ARTIST PAINTBRUSH BANDAID'. The Red Wolf outfit matches the stick colour nicely, while the rest of the colouration is to go with the bristles and the paint dripping off. Drip drip. As for why Bandaid would look like this? Well...

It seems I'm busy dreaming again. I'm in a world I don't entirely recognize, but that I feel should be familiar. A few steps takes me someplace new, and my feet never quite touch the ground. It takes some focus, but I get an outfit to stabilize - fur today, it seems - instead of never being quite sure whether or not I'm clothed. With my last moments of full lucidity, I decide I should go explore this world. As long as I don't get turned to stone or something again, these dreams are awesome.
Metona
Level 60
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/10/2013 at 11:55 PM Post #63

Changed a bit after learning more about her.

Inspired by the Lady of the Lake, "Viviane", with Excalibur.

"Lancelot-Grail Cycle", is a back story for Viviane, who later became the "Lady of the Lake". Vivian started to learn her magic from Merlin, who develops a desire for her. She learns of this, and refuses his love until he had taught her all of his magical secrets. After she learns all he knows, she uses the same powers he showed her, and traps him in a tree, or under stone. Being that he had the ability to see what will happen, he already knew what her plans were. He isn't able to counteract her plans, because of something of importance that the vision had shown him. When given the opportunity to, she traps, and seals him into either a tree, a stone, or a cave. Shes been said to have done this for a few reasons; so only she can love him, to protect him, as a vendetta, and a few other reasons.

There was a second Lady of the Lake, her name is "Ninianne", from Post-Vulgate Cycle. Her story is almost the same as Viviane's, although in this story she is now the one that gives Arthur the sword Excalibur. " She has also been known as other names; Nimue, Elaine, Niniane, Nivian, Nyneve, and Evienne, among other variations

In some stories she lovingly raised Lancelot, however she had stole him as an infant.

The Celtic Lady of the Lake was called Gwraggedd Nnnwn (Lake Faerie). These fae often married mortal men. They've also been known as a race of elves that dwell in water. They are said to be very beautiful women with blonde hair. The also enjoyed the company of females and are known for helping mortal women and children.

From the Celtic Lake Fae inspiration, I've given her wings. Only instead of butterfly Fae wings, I pictured her with wing of blades after she became the guardian of Excalibur. She has also been given long blond hair and elf ears from the inspirations. I kept her in a blue theme to resemble her dwelling in the Lake. And of course the magical sword Excalibur.

References;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake
http://www.thaliatook.com/AMGG/vivian.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancelot
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/ladylk.htm
Edited By Metona on 11/11/2013 at 2:04 PM.
Alli614
Level 72
The Whimsical
Threads: 4
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 5:01 PM Post #64
Are we allowed to edit them still or is the contest over for sure, or does it go for the extra week of the festival?
Edited By Alli614 on 11/11/2013 at 5:02 PM.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 11/11/2013 at 5:40 PM Post #65
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7629&page=6#53
Author: Blackswan99
Time Posted: 11/7/2013 at 11:39 AM

She is,The Blind Who Can See, She Who Protects All, and most commonly known as, Friend Of All Sylesties,

She is the very person who first tamed Sylesties, when all Sylesties are wild and lurks in the forests and lakes. She is the one who calmed the great beast, Storm Breather the Morkko, when he was wild and fierce. She is also the one who first wrote the most detailed book on the Sylesties and their ways.

All this happened long ago, when humans fear Sylesties, and thinks of them as demons from below.

Emira was her name. Born during a full moon in the night, she never fear Sylesties and even plays and talks with them. Because of that, she was feared by everyone in the village. The only ones that still care for her are her parents. When she was six, she became braver and tries to tame a Bulbori. For days she cared for it, hoping sooner or later it will become her friend. By the end of the week, she succeeded and named the male Bulbori- Hepste.

By the tender age of 10, she left home to go travelling around to meet Sylesties. She meet all kinds of Sylesties everywhere and make notes of them. Soon word travelled about her actions, there were all kinds of reactions from people. Some are fearful Of Emira. Some were curious. Most avoided her when they see her. She became well known when she tamed a fierce Morkko, Storm Breather who attacked a village by just petting and speaking softy. Later on, Storm Breather carries her to towns and cities by letting her ride him.

When she was 20 and know almost everything about Sylesties, she finally settled down in a village, and wrote a book about Sylesties. She wrote down everything she know and by her 22nd birthday, she finished it. It was titled "Sylesties And Everything About Them". But nobody wants to read it, everyone dare not go near her, let alone read her book. Miserable, she left her precious book to a church nearby, and returned home.

A week after she returned home, she was infected by a disease that almost took her life, but like a miracle, she managed to survive. Unfortunately, her eyes cannot be saved and she became blind forever. So, she always put her staff for walking nearby, with Hepste by her side. Somehow, she found that though blind, she can feel an object in front of her when she walked. She was happy knowing she was not truly blind, but still carries her staff together with her.

Emira was just 25 when she passed away, sleeping. She died without any cause. Two nights after her death, on a full moon, she appeared to a childhood friend as a goddess in her dream. Her friend told everyone about it. The whole nation became curious about her and her works and started doing research on Sylesties and found out everything she believed was true. Her book was recovered and now kept in a museum as a treasure of the past. Emira was worshiped as a goddess of Sylesties. To this day, adventurers who lost their pets reported find them back again, with sights of the goddess nearby, smiling.

Sorry for the long post! Can't help myself when writing stories!

You so will win! :)
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 11/12/2013 at 3:57 AM Post #66
The contest continues until the end of the extended festival.
MakeshiftDemon
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 52
Posted: 11/15/2013 at 10:18 PM Post #67

(click image for the character of mine he's base off of)

This man lived a good life as a human, never breaking any rules and always making sure everyone around him was happy and healthy, Yet he had always been terminally ill and knew he had but a few years left to live and wanted to make the most of his time by doing good deeds for the community rather than spending it selfishly. When he was on his deathbed he was given an award by the mayor of his town for all that he's contributed. Knowing he's gotten this he was able to die happy.
Upon death he became an angel, he was happy at first, but years past and yet he found himself bored. Nothing to do but lay around and sleep. He lived a good life, and this is how he was being rewarded. His heart filled with rage and became evil. Although most of the crimes he committed were very minor, such as gambling, or refusing to pay parking tickets, others were much worse, unmentionable to say the least.
As punishment for his crimes his wings were ripped off and he was sent to the underworld. Thrown in he landed in front of what looked like a reception desk in a hospital waiting room, tacky fake plant included...except it was on fire. The man looked around and grumbled, walking up to the desk. "What're you doin here?" The demon at the desk shouted at the man. "That's a good questions, for I don't know myself..." "Alroighty then! Let me just pull up yer file! Oh, this ain't good. Says here you committed many crimes as an angel! Don't you know better?! Well then, We have to assign you a new name!" he proclaimed as he opened the file and wrote something down. "You're name, from now on and forever, is Vitiatus! Ha! Do you know what that means?"
"I'm afraid I don't..." Vitiatus said shocked by the sudden forced name change. "It means Corrupt and Unpure. Ain't it fitting for scum like you!? HAHA! Now lookie here Vitiatus, all ya have to go back to the human world and make a human willingly give up their soul to you, or you will die. You only have 200 days to do this. Here, to sweeten the deal, we'll even make ya a demon prince if you make it back alive! Not that you'll even make it out of here in time to do it anyways. Most of the guys like you die in the waiting line to get out of here!" The demon closed the file and slipped it into a very large filing cabinet. "Waiting line to get out is over there."
With a deep, depressing sigh Vitiatus walked over to the line. Well, this isn't so bad I suppose, the line doesn't appear to be to long.... He thought to himself, but it wasn't long before he realized he was terribly wrong, as he exited the first room he entered another very large room filled to the brim with velvet ropes marking off lines and lines stuffed to the brim full of demons like him trying to get back to the human's world.
What seemed like days passed by, heck it probably was days. Vitiatus grew to accept the fact that he probably was going to die waiting in this line, much more he would die in pain as his demonic wings began to grow, replacing the spot where feathered wings once were. As days passed on he began to get ill again, much like he had been in his human life. Yet he was finally drawing close to the end of the line, but he was beginning to get tired of waiting.
Using brute force he fought his way to the front of the line. As he approached the portal to earth he took a kit that they gave to everyone, containing warmer cloths, because it's much more cold on earth compared to the underworld. A large tome containing all the rituals they need and how to preform them and a shabby looking sword. Vitiatus was insulted that they'd even consider giving him such a pathetic weapon and only after knocking one of the guards out, took his pale red blade that glowed a light blue hue.
Before the other guards could retaliate he jumped through the portal and was flung onto earth. Falling at an alarming speed, he stretched his now fully grown wings acting as somewhat of a parachute he landed gracefully in a forest only a short walk away from a city. Vitiatus began walking towards the city, but stopped, realizing it was indeed cold. With a brief shiver he began changing into the warmer clothes given to him. It was colder than he remembered it being, yet he had no idea how long it has been since he died.
Mindlessly he dug through the pockets of his trench coat, pulling out a few things that must have been put in there for safe keeping. There was what looked like a pocket watch. As expected Vitiatus put it on, but as he closed the latch he was jabbed by a small needle and the watch face lit up with the number 157 Days. Had I really been standing in line for 43 days? He wondered, pressing a button on the side to switch it to the default setting, listing the current date and time. 11:53 AM November 4th 2013. Vitiatus did the math in his head quickly and muttered to himself upon completion The day I will die.... is April 10th 2014.
Without any time to pause he moved onto the next object, a wallet. Opening it up it contained a considerable amount of money. Not enough to support him for 160 days, but certainty enough to get him some food and a hotel room for a few days. In one of the card slots was what appeared to be a black credit card, oddly enough, it had his name on it, his new name. When he turned it over, it had his signature on it, well what would be his signature should he had signed anything with his new name. A sticky note was attached to it reading only: Use in case of emergencies only. Go figure he said plainly.
Digging around in the deep pockets of the coat he finally managed to grab hold of the next object. It was cold and hard and as he pulled it out he examined it. It was a pocket knife with many seemingly useless attachments. He put everything back into his pocket and pulled out the final item; a note! Vitiatus noted that it was on some pretty nice stationary as he began reading it to himself.
'Welcome to earth! This is what I would be saying if you were going on a vacation. But you're not, and don't forget even once that you're being punished for what you've done. You have 157 days until you die and if you somehow manage to lose you're watch you'll know your time is almost up when you're symptoms become so bad you'll barely have enough energy to sustain yourself. As expected you should be feeling some symptoms now, perhaps some light fatigue or some coughing.' Almost as if cued Vitiatus coughed once or twice and continued reading. 'In order to live you must make a human willingly give up their soul to you without any doubt in their mind. Whatever you have to do to make them do it is fine as long as they do it willingly. Should you succeed you may come back to the underworld and you will be named a demon prince of one of the many territories. Although many others have tried no one has yet to complete this task. Good luck on your journey, I hope it's full of pain and suffering. With love, the receptionist.'
With a light growl Vitiatus crumbled up the note and tossed it away from him. Enough messing around. I have to get to the city before nightfall. He began walking towards the city, he knew he couldn't fly in, it would draw to much attention to him, and as he got closer to the city he realized he should probably put his coat's hood up to hide his horns. The hood made his eyes barely visible and those passing by surly wouldn't notice. He hid his wings underneath his coat, they were still somewhat small and could be hidden easily when pressed against his back.
As he walked into the city it's how it was to be expected during a weekday lunch hour, bustling and frantic. He walked through town going unnoticed until he walked into a small restaurant that was nearly empty except for several tables and the waitress chatting to one of the customers. Vitiatus seated himself quietly on the opposite side of the restaurant, away from the windows and near a corner, trying to avoid interrupting the waitress's conversation. Although it wasn't long before the waitress noticed him and walked over to him with a smile. "Hello!" she said kindly as she placed a menu in front of him. "My name is Elanora and I'll be your server for the day. Would you like anything to drink?"
Vitiatus glanced up at the woman briefly, she had brown hair tied up in a bun to the side, assumedly for work, and bright green eyes.(Here's an avatar I threw together really quick, this isn't part of my entry and only acts as a better idea of what she looks like.) A fairly typical human girl. "Just water." he mumbled. Oh, Okay if you say so! She smiled and walked to the back room of the restaurant.
While she was gone Vitiatus skimmed the menu and sighed, he wasn't really all that hungry, he just needed somewhere to sit and gather his thoughts in peace. Yet it wasn't long before his silence was broken by Elanora's return. She set the glass of water on the table and smiled. "Are you ready to order? Or do you need more time?"
Rather than replying Vitiatus took the glass of water and downed it's contents in several gulps. He hadn't realized until now that he was so thirsty. He didn't reply to her, only continuing to read the menu lost in thought. "O...oh I'll refill your glass and come back in a little while then." She took the empty glass and once again walked away, stopping by another table to talk to the other customers. Vitiatus broke his focus on the menu for a moment to glance at her again. He closed it and set it on the other side of the table and stared out the window blankly, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.
In a short while the kind brunette returns with another full glass of ice water, setting it on the table in front of Vitiatus. "So...." She said casually leaning on a table behind her "What brings you here? We usually don't get many customers here other than the regulars." As she spoke Vitiatus once again drank the glass of water, setting it on the table and trying his best to ignore the woman pestering him. After a few brief moments of silence Elanora spoke up once again "Is there anything I can get for you sir?"
With a sigh Vitiatus opened the menu once again and skimmed over it one last time before closing it and setting it on the table again. "It doesn't matter. Bring me whatever you think is good." Vitiatus was actually very hungry, even after drinking 2 glasses of water. Make it quick.
Sure thing, I hope a Ruben is okay, best in the state our customers say! Hehe.... She picked up the menu, taking away his only escape from talking to her and rushed away to the back room once again. Vitiatus gave her a sideways glance as she walked away, and letting out a long, drawn out sigh How will I get a human to trust me? Much more give up their soul to me! Humans hate demons, No wonder no one has ever completed this task.
In 15 minutes or so Vitiatus began coughing, muttering profanities under his breath between fits of coughing. As Elanora walked out with Vitiatus's food, he got up, left 30 dollars on the table and rushed out still coughing. Oh! Sir? Are you okay? Elanora set the plate on the table and chased after him. Vitiatus rounded a corner into an ally way trying to lose her, but his plan failed as she caught up to him and grabbed his shoulder. With a voice full of concern she said Sir should I get you help? Are you going to be okay?
Don't touch me and leave me alone. He cleared his throat one final time and continued walking. Elanora reached out and grabbed ahold of whatever she could, the only thing being his hood. She pulled back. Vitiatus's hood slid down, only getting caught on his horns for a moment. Great He grumbled sarcastically as he turned around drawing his blade. You just had to stick your nose where it doesn't belong.
Elanora's eyes widened as she glanced between his horns and his sword. N-No! Wait! I won't tell anyone I promise! Please don't kill me! Vitiatus lowered his blade slowly and put it back in it's sheath. Putting his hood back up he retorted Words are cheap, how can I be sure you won't tell anyone? She began rummaging through her pockets and said I'll give you something very important to me, if I tell anyone you can destroy it... Seconds later she pulled out a small, very old looking book. Here, It doesn't look like much but it was given to me by mother. It's been in the family for generations. It's full of recipes and cooking tips, admittedly I use it more of a journal now though.
Vitiatus narrowed his eyes at her and ripped the book out of her hands and opened it thumbing through some of the pages before closing it and slipping it into his pocket. Very Well. We will have a meeting every day though. I can tell if you lie to me so don't you dare try or I'll destroy this petty book on the spot. just a minor lie that she wouldn't be able to tell if it was true or not. On to a different subject. I can't stay in town for very long. I have wings and they're growing. Where can I stay that you can still come visit me Every. Single. Day. You'll have to bring me food and stuff but I can give you money for that. Better yet, if you're such a good cook you can bring me something you make every day.
Oh, well you could get a tent and live in the woods outside of town, I know it's not exactly the high class you're expecting but If you intend to stick around for a while you could eventually have a house built. She pondered on other solutions. I guess I could make you food every day, but you can't be to far out of town if I do, I can't be walking miles in the dark after my job just to give you food.
Fine, fine. Go buy me a tent, be back here in 30 minutes. How much does it cost to buy one? Vitiatus pulled out his wallet and thumbed through his money waiting for an answer. It doesn't matter, just get me a nice one that has a lot of room. I don't want to be crammed into a tiny tent. Get me some blankets and a heater as well, it appears to be the fall and I don't want to be cold in the winter. He continued to list other things he wants for his tent as Elanora wrote it down. When he was done listing everything off he gave her 800 dollars and she ran off to get everything he wanted.
Elanora returned almost an hour after Vitiatus sent her off, she arrived dragging a very large backpack stuffed to the brim with everything he asked for. He had been pacing around, probably angry she was late. "Finally. I thought you ran off with my money or something." He murmured as he picked up the backpack with ease and put it on his back, adjusting the straps and clipped the buckle around his chest. "Show me where I can set up my tent, and be quick.
Yes uh... Sir! My name is Elanora by the way. What's yours? She smiled and walked out of the alley way and down the street. He followed and responded with only Vitiatus. Elanora walked quietly for a short while, expecting more from him but spoke up moments later with Oh, thats a nice name I guess! Vitiatus turned and glared at her. Is that some kind of joke? It's typical a human wouldn't know what I means. This name was forced upon me, It means corrupted and unpure. When I was made a demon they told me my new name and I couldn't recall my old one.
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you Mister Vitiatus sir! She put her hands up defensively. Vitiatus gave her one more glare and continued walking. The rest of the walk there was silent and as they arrived Elanora turned to him and grinned Okay we're here! Do you want help setting up the tent? I mean I don't really have any experience in camping or anything but I'm sure there's something I could do.
No. Leave now. Come back at the same time tomorrow. Vitiatus took the backpack off and tossed it to the ground and opened it, shortly after beginning to set up the tent. Oh, alright, I got you some food to last you until tomorrow, it should be in one of the pockets then. It wasn't on your list but I also got you a water purifier so you can get water to drink from the stream near by. I'll see you tomorrow then. With that Elanora left and Vitiatus set up his camp.
The following days all seemed the same to Vitiatus, he'd wake up, sit around camp until Elanora arrived with food of varying quality. She'd tell him about her day while he ate as he pretended to listen and seem interested. As the days drawn on Elanora seemed to stay longer and longer, later and later, much to Vitiatus's dismay, until one day Elanora was late. Vitiatus sat impatiently on a log he had set up next to the campfire. He anxiously pressed the button on the face of his watched, it had switched from the number of days he had left, which has ticked down to 65 not to long ago. Where had 92 days gone so quickly? As expected he had been getting more and more ill, often times he'd have a fever, sometimes his coughing would get so bad he'd cough up some blood. He pondered on this for only a couple of moments, how long he had left didn't seem to bother him much, he accepted his fate long ago and he knew he was going to die. He looked down at the face of his watch again, Elanora was over an hour late. How dare she he growled.

---Uh, oops, story's to long continuing in next post I guess??---
Edited By MakeshiftDemon on 11/15/2013 at 10:18 PM.
MakeshiftDemon
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 52
Posted: 11/15/2013 at 10:18 PM Post #68
---Continued---

It was only 20 minutes or so later she showed up with dinner for Vitiatus. About time he huffed. Ah- I'm sorry I'm late... I was making a really nice dinner because 3 months ago today is when we met! Also you've been kind of down lately so I thought I'd make you a nice dinner. I hope that's okay. Elanora smiled lightly and moved on, besides, you've been getting sick a lot too... and I thought that this would make you feel better, are you okay by the way? The entire time I've known you you've been sick, but you're getting worse and worse. I'm really worried about you.
Vitiatus sighed. I suppose it's time I tell you everything. My story, why I'm sick all the time, everything. You see, I use to be a human like you, and now that I think about it probably wasn't to long ago that I died. Time passes differently in the underworld after all, 40 days only seems like a few minutes on earth. Anyways, as a human I lived a good righteous life, but much like I am now, I was very sick all the time, and eventually illness claimed me. When I died I became an angel and I was happy at first, but eventually felt let down. I turned into a monster, and to say the least they weren't happy with me. They sent me to the underworld where I was turned into a demon and they told me I was going to die in 200 days. His story up until now was true, yet he took this opportunity to change it to benefit him. I stood in line to get out for 43 days, and once I was out I started looking for a way to become an angel again. I went into town and that's where I met you. I have a plan on how to become an angel again, but I only have 65 days left to complete it. I won't bore you with the details though. He finished by casually waving his hand as if to shoo off the topic.
Oh! That's really cool! I really hope you make it Vitiatus! If you need any help I'd be happy to help you. Elanora seemed really excited about all this. Vitiatus smirked, for what seemed like the first time in the 3 months they've known each other and replied I'd appreciate that, but for the time being I'd like to do everything I can on my own. Elanora seemed slightly flustered and seemed to struggle with her words as she said y-your welcome! You're a really good friend of mine Vitiatus, and...that's what friends do for each other!
Hmm... is all Vitiatus responded with as he started to eat his dinner and the day continued just like any other, Elanora stayed and talked about her day and stayed longer than any other day previously, going home long after the sun had set and the moon had begun rising. Make sure to bundle up Vitiatus, it's going to be a cold one! Elanora waved goodbye. Yes, you too, be careful on your walk home. Vitiatus shouted back and climbed into his tent.
Time seemed to rush by faster and faster as Elanora seemed to spend most of her time with Vitiatus now, even sometimes staying over night when he was particularly ill. Vitiatus, as expected, was very sick, with only 20 days left to live. Vitiatus was practically bedridden and only got up when he had to. He was always to some extent feverish, pale, weak, coughing, more often than not coughing up some blood. Elanora unzipped Vitiatus's tent and slipped in before she let to much cold air in. She set some food and water next to Vitiatus to eat whenever he had the appetite to, although it seemed pretty nonexistent lately.
I'm really worried about you Vitiatus.... Is your plan going to work? she sat next to him and tried to smile. Instead of replying Vitiatus instead dug something out, a certain small book and handed it to her. Here, take it. You don't have to come back anymore. My plan failed, I'm going to die. Elanora looked really upset, on the verge of tears even. I... I don't want you to die! Between work and college I don't really have any friends. You're to important to me to go just as we're getting close!
Vitiatus coughed, seeming as pathetic as possible as he put his real plan into action, starting with a lie. Elanora, there was nothing I could do, I was lied to from the start, they never intended to make me an angel, they just wanted to watch me struggle and fight for my life as I slowly withered away and died. I have of course explored other options, however I couldn't possibly ask you to go through with the only option left...
Tell me! I'd do anything just so I can see you more! Elanora shouted, more determined than ever. If you insist... I have been reading this book here. He gestured towards his spell and ritual tome and continued It says that if I get a human to willingly give me their soul we'd both become angels. He stared directly at her with almost pleading eyes. Elanora, if you give me your soul I'll live and become an angel again, and you'll become one as well... He was confident that Elanora would indeed become an angel, yet Vitiatus would remain a demon forever. Maybe she'd show up again, but surly she'd never forgive him.
I'll do it! Being an angel sounds really nice, especially if you can show me how to be one and we can be together forever! Elanora smiled. When can we start this? How long does it take? She seemed absolutely ecstatic as she got up ready to do whatever she could to help get ready. Vitiatus sat up and opened his book to the page he had marked. Okay, I need you to get me some things. 6 pillar candles, and a bowl of some sort, I have everything else I need here. Go get those things while I set up the circle. He struggled to get up, refusing her help when offered and got up on his own a few seconds later. They both walked out of the tent, Elanora heading back to town for what he asked for and Vitiatus was drawing a strange runic circle in the dirt, making sure not to mess up any of the lines as he drew more of it. As Elanora returned with the candles and the bowl Vitiatus finished the circle and put the candles in place, lighting all of them one by one.
Stand in the center and don't move. It won't take long I promise. Vitiatus said as he picked up his tome and started reading aloud from it, Elanora couldn't understand what he was saying, but it seemed almost musical. Vitiatus paused and looked to Elanora. You're sure you want to go through with this? Once I start the next part there's no going back now. It won't work if you have any doubts either...
I've never been so sure in my life Vitiatus. She smiled at him, for only a moment he forgot it was winter, and forgot that he was dieing as he got lost in her words and her smile. Snapping out of it he wondered what happened and continued the ritual. He carefully stepped into the circle, drawing a pocket knife from his sleeve. Stay calm, this won't hurt for very long. He handed her the bowl and grabbed her other arm. Elanora flinched as Vitiatus put a long, deep cut down her forearm. Vitiatus took the bowl and let the blood from the wound drip down into the silver vessel. Elanora seemed scared but remained motionless. I said stay calm. Vitiatus said as he stepped out of the circle, taking his gloves off, and cutting his own arm and let some of his own blood drain into the bowl.
We're almost done, as I read the next portion you won't be able to move but don't panic, If anything starts going wrong I can break the circle at any time. Vitiatus ensured her. Okay, I trust you. She smiled at him and put her arms to her side for the remainder of the ritual. Vitiatus picked up the book and continued reading, as he did the circle began glowing and Elanora was frozen in place. She could still talk and look around without moving her head.
As Vitiatus continued reading he felt something tugging at his heart, yet he wasn't sure what it was- it couldn't be his illness, and certainly it wasn't the ritual. He did his best to ignore it as he continued reading, and as he continued reading the incomprehensible language his words seemed more and more powerful. Finally finishing his words he looked up at Elanora as she said I'll see you soon Vitiatus!
A look of shock and realization fell upon his face as he only managed to uttered one word. Wh-what? With a flash of light the ritual was completed. Vitiatus ran into the circle and caught Elanora as she fell. E-Elanora!? He shouted, yet it was already to late the ritual had claimed her life. He shook her lightly, almost expecting her to wake up again. Oh god. No! What have I done!?...Elanora I.... I'm so sorry....

[The End]
Isa
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 13
Posted: 11/16/2013 at 6:19 AM Post #69

For centuries, the world was bathed in the light of harmony. All creatures and races were united as one, and peace reigned through kingdoms all around. One day, the harmony fell into darkness by a creature so evil, it split the lands apart and the world fell into silence. Above it all, in the distant clouds a race of people had watched over the realm for those centuries. When it fell silent, the wise council stepped forward and consulted the Luminaria Crystal. The crystal was a sacred item, to which this race of people looked to in times of trouble. And grave times these were, indeed.

The crystal revealed a young man, still only a feather of existance on the Nibani Elm Tree. The Nibani Elm was said to be where all the air people were born and where they returned to when they had fulfilled their destiny. Now don't be fooled, just because they were people of the air, did not mean they were limited to that single element. When his feather was chosen, the young man was born with the playfulness of a wild cat, endowed with the courage of the wolf and gifted with the elements of water and wind. His name?

Isa Delenas Mariposa

Once chosen, Isa was sent to down from the clouds. His journey would be long, but the path that had been chosen for him was one that Isa would boldly face. He'd meet several people along his journey and learn the sting of betrayal and the pain of loss. When the great battle against the monster came upon him, Isa gathered his magic, his strength and the love in his heart for the people he'd come to know, and upon the cliffs did the battle rage for days. In the end, it came down to one final blow. This blow would be the downfall of the monster who became entrapped in a large crystalline like tree deep in the forests of the darkest parts of eather, where no person would travel.

Having fulfilled his destiny, Isa sought to return to the air kingdom, only to find that, he still had another journey to live. Not knowing when the Nibani Elm would call him back, he set to living peacefully among the natives of the world, learning and growing from each new experience.

My Inspiration: I love the lighter colored blues and greens, water followed by wind are my favorite elements and I just adore good fantasy stories or roleplays.
Eglath
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 11/17/2013 at 3:51 AM Post #70

While exploring the woods, enjoying all the pretty decorations and special holiday styled Sylesti in Esior's Fields, I was suddenly besieged by a seemingly endless swarm of undead... I tried to fight them off, but there were too many so I fled, but they kept up the pursuit. As I ran for my life through the twisting forest, I suddenly found myself in a graveyard. "Great, from bad to worse" I said to myself. I looked around desperately for a way to escape or a position giving me a tactical advantage against the approaching horde of rotting flesh...
And there, at the edge of the graveyard I saw what I hoped would be my salvation. An old stone building, perhaps a mausoleum. Creepy, but it provides better cover than just standing among the graves with fresh corpses digging themselves free of their earthen tombs to join the fight...
So I ran to the mausoleum to make my last stand. I even found a healing potion left in a crate by the water's edge, a strange place for a boon like that, but helped turn the odds a bit more in my favor of possibly surviving this onslaught.
So I turn to face the horde, my flanks protected by the river and the stone of the building, and I wade through the unrelenting tide of homicidal rotting flesh. The strategic advantage of the position helps immensely, but the rows of corpses seem to be getting larger, and I fear I will fall from attrition despite my advantages.
But then there is a huge flash of fire off to my side and the zombies all kneel in reverence to the huge black shape that emerges from the flames and smoke. This terrifying creature radiates evil and malice, his armour glows with a black aura and his sword is bathed in flames and ancient power runes. His head ... his head is naught but a giant flaming Jack-o'-lantern. This being turns his nightmare of a horse at me, brandishes his great-sword, and charges straight at me.
I fight him off with every ounce of energy I have left but I am already drained from my previous battles. Even with the aid of the potion I found I take a heavy beating.while this Headless Horseman just grins wickedly through his never changing face. Fearing I am at my end, I launch one last attack, expecting to feel one last sting of flaming steel to quickly follow, ending my existence. But my strike is true and catches him unprepared, knocking his pumpkin head right off his body as he violently explodes, knocking me backwards in the blast.
I regain consciousness shortly after. All the undead are gone. There is not even any evidence that the battle occurred except for my own wounds, a smoldering suit of armour, a melted sword, and a now inert pumpkin with a spooky face carved into it.
Thankful I am alive, I examine the remains more closely, finding a few bits of candy inside the pumpkin. Again odd, but I have found stranger loot in past battles...
Holding the Pumpkin head, I wonder what could have created such a strange being... Did it truly not have a head? Or if it did, how it could see out of such a strangely carved pumpkin? I place the helm over my head to try and see for myself what the view was like... And suddenly feel a shock of energy jolt through my body, dark flames engulf me and stretch out to the ruined armour and sword, repairing them as they fly at me. After another flash of black flames, I find myself wearing the same armour and holding the same sword as the Headless Horseman had minutes before.
Frantically I struggle to free myself, but I am unable to remove the armour, drop the sword, or take off the pumpkin head.
As I struggle, I notice other adventurers I had met previously in the fields approaching. At first I hope they can help me... But then realize all they see is a scary pumpkin headed creature running at them brandishing a huge flaming sword...
So now I am running away from my previous allies and friends, trying to not end up as just another trophy on someone's mantle, slain and looted for the "epic gear".
AHHHH!!!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.