Forum Index > News and Announcements > Spring Festival Overview
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 34, 35, 36 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 5:59 PM Post #101
ok so, 4 times using diamond runs in the past few days... NO premium seeds. Why are they so hard to find this fest? Why is it just large baskets, A few ferts here and there, and a regular (not even a mystery seed) pouch for using 400 diamonds a turn? Yes, some okay avatar items, but I was mainly going in for premium seeds, and I'm not getting them anyways. :(

That is 1600 diamonds, Zero fableds. Zero restricted pets. A few prem ferts, that have all had lesser ferts.

I get it, I may be a tiny whiney, I am sorry....but 1600 dias is a lot, for nothing really worth it in returned face value as far as nice seeds.. I'm trying to go for fableds, but since nothing drops fabled seed packets, (100% based solely on mystery pouches as far as rng is concerned)... What happend since the night you came in asking for our opinions on the egg maze?

I am really disheartened. And there is still a couple weeks to go I'm sure..
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 6:05 PM Post #102
I kinda agree with 8bit. I went 3 times in the mythic maze. Only got one fabled seed and two regular ones. Kinda wished I got a better chance at a higher seed.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 9:53 PM Post #103
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75659&page=11#101
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/24/2019 at 5:59 PM
ok so, 4 times using diamond runs in the past few days... NO premium seeds. Why are they so hard to find this fest? Why is it just large baskets, A few ferts here and there, and a regular (not even a mystery seed) pouch for using 400 diamonds a turn? Yes, some okay avatar items, but I was mainly going in for premium seeds, and I'm not getting them anyways. :(

That is 1600 diamonds, Zero fableds. Zero restricted pets. A few prem ferts, that have all had lesser ferts.

I get it, I may be a tiny whiney, I am sorry....but 1600 dias is a lot, for nothing really worth it in returned face value as far as nice seeds.. I'm trying to go for fableds, but since nothing drops fabled seed packets, (100% based solely on mystery pouches as far as rng is concerned)... What happend since the night you came in asking for our opinions on the egg maze?

I am really disheartened. And there is still a couple weeks to go I'm sure..

I haven't made any changes to the Egg Maze prizes since the Festival began.

The only change I've been contemplating so far was changing how the Themed Pet encounter rate worked and changing it so that the Mythic version instead had a guaranteed chance of encountering at least one versus just the odds of encountering at least one.

The main enticement of the Mythic Egg Maze is a very very high chance of getting to defeat the Treasure Boss + those 2 guaranteed Eggs + the extra Sparkling Eggs + the Themed Pet. In terms of specifically using the Egg Maze to find the 1200/800 Diamond Seed Pouches at the cost of 400 per run, it just isn't intended for that. Those are essentially meant to just be bonuses. It is also intended to be a good place to turn excess stockpiles of Gold into premium Festival rewards.

The Premium Fertilizers, Enrichments, Root Strengtheners, and Mystery/Regular Seed Pouches are meant to at least try and recoup the physical cost of the entry Fee. And then the added bonus of the Unicorn Avatar Items, free Wild Themed Pet, and a chance at a valuable Seed Pouch are meant to be the bonus that pushes it over the threshold of "being worth it".

However, just inherently by how the whole thing functions, there's a lot of RNG involved. Unlike a feature where you just click a button and then the server calculates a reward and says, "Here you go." This one involves a lot of player input.

It is definitely one of the hardest entry fee features to balance for.

If you are specifically just wanting Mystic/Fabled Seed Pouches, I would suggest just buying them directly.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 9:57 PM Post #104
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75659&page=11#102
Author: Aerii
Time Posted: 4/24/2019 at 6:05 PM
I kinda agree with 8bit. I went 3 times in the mythic maze. Only got one fabled seed and two regular ones. Kinda wished I got a better chance at a higher seed.

If you had purchased the 3 entry fees with Diamonds, that would have been 1200 Diamonds.

One Fabled + 2 Regular is 1600 Diamonds in store value right from the start.

Additionally, I assume you would have received multiple Unicorn Boss wins with unique rewards from that, Fertilizers/Root Strengtheners/Enrichments.

You also would have received quite a lot of Decorated Eggs. And hopefully a Themed Pet encounter or few.

That's basically exactly how the feature is tuned.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 10:04 PM Post #105
I wasn't aware of it not being a good place for seed pouches. I guess that's my bad that I kept trying to go for it. But even the boss wasn't dropping what was considered 'worth it' in terms of diamonds. Avi stuff you really cant price it through the whole fest like that, because the more of them out there, the less they're going to be worth.
Some of the uni stuff are already at 50k in broker, some less, some more.

I mean...4 times, I just didnt feel it in the last couple of days. Had I known each time I wasnt going to get a seed pouch that was fabled +, I would have, just bought them from diamond shop.

So, pretty much, besides contests pouches maybe(?), my chance of fabled seeds are extremely slim, if lucky, and keeping in mind the diamond exchange... I cant spend like I have in the previous fests, not for a long time coming.

I was certainly hoping for a better outcome. Gambling is not my forte.
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 10:09 PM Post #106
^-^ I was just stating what I kinda wished for, I know it won't happen. I definitely got my diamonds worth with my three runs. Even though I don't really go for eggs, just the boss then wander hoping for themed.

I know it takes a lot to get everything working right and appreciate all the hard work you put in Krin. I just like to waffle on about things I'd like to see sometimes.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/24/2019 at 11:15 PM Post #107
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75659&page=11#105
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/24/2019 at 10:04 PM
I wasn't aware of it not being a good place for seed pouches. I guess that's my bad that I kept trying to go for it. But even the boss wasn't dropping what was considered 'worth it' in terms of diamonds. Avi stuff you really cant price it through the whole fest like that, because the more of them out there, the less they're going to be worth.
Some of the uni stuff are already at 50k in broker, some less, some more.

I mean...4 times, I just didnt feel it in the last couple of days. Had I known each time I wasnt going to get a seed pouch that was fabled +, I would have, just bought them from diamond shop.

So, pretty much, besides contests pouches maybe(?), my chance of fabled seeds are extremely slim, if lucky, and keeping in mind the diamond exchange... I cant spend like I have in the previous fests, not for a long time coming.

I was certainly hoping for a better outcome. Gambling is not my forte.

It's just really hard to control the rewards from it. I had a few runs while testing where I literally walked away (from one single run) with over 2000 Diamonds worth of prizes. And then some runs where I'd walk away with just 300 or so.

There's a guaranteed 5 Sparkling Eggs + Treasure Boss + 2 Treasure Eggs. If you battle a Lvl 60+ version, there's a total of 9 premium dice rolls. This is excluding everything else it offers (Themed Pet and Regular Eggs).

For those 9 rolls, it's just impossible to really control the results on a one by one basis. You could literally walk away with 9 Majestic Seed Pouches or 9 Large Baskets of Enrichments. Well, roughly. I don't think it's quite black and white like that but you get the idea lol.

And that's assuming the player was able to find all 5 Sparkling Eggs + the Key + make it to the Temple + defeat a Lvl 60+ Boss. I have no way at all guaranteeing that without just completely changing the feature and making it simply just a 'Click Button -> Reward' feature.

So yea, there definitely is just gonna be an RNG element to it.

I'll continue brainstorming to see what I can do. Like I said, I will look into making at least one guaranteed wild Themed Pet encounter for the Mythic version. And I'll see what else I can do.
Fastnatalie1
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 118
Posted: 4/25/2019 at 12:35 AM Post #108
Hey Krin, I know you are kinda busy, but if you get freetime, could you add in pictures of what the new restricted themes look like. I've been wondering if I should plant my Spring Victorian Ferriki or not, but I'm not sure what the final result will look like. Thanks.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/25/2019 at 12:47 AM Post #109
(psssssst @krin just saying... "There's a guaranteed 5 Sparkling Eggs + Treasure Boss + 2 Treasure Eggs." This was worded in a recall confusing way and i had to read super thoroughly several items to figure out what you were meaning lol. I was gonna go in and say that treasure boss wasnt guaranteed cause i didnt get the keys on my mystic run >.<)

That side note aside, i actually wrote out a big response here agreeing with the points stated by everyone else but then i did the math and proved my points wrong and so now i gotta keep my mouth shut xD (also at the risk of giving kin a heart attack for the mere fact that im...actually defending him on something o.o i know, real shocker. I think there may be something wrong with me i'll get back to you after checking if ive been poisoned or hypnotized)

So i came in here to agree with everyone else and complain that i had the most not-worth-it run of the mystic maze you could possibly get. Didnt each the treasure boss (never found a single key), only got 1-3 mystery seed pouches(all regs, go figure. also not entirely sure how many exactly, because idk if i got any from bosses prior to entering the maze) , and about a grand total of 3 large enrichments. Nothing else worth noting.

But the thing is...

Lets do the math here:
-Mystery egg pouch * 1-3 = 400 decorated eggs in fest shop, each
-Large basket of enrichements *3 = 100 eggs each
-Goign rate for decorated eggs = 500 gold on the broker.
So, in gold each mystery seed pouch is 200k. Each basket is 50k. So total, enrichements equal 150k since I know for sure i got 3 from the maze. Thats 350k. Converting to diamonds at the typical 2k conversion rate, that would be a total of 175 diamonds minimum. Maximum, we get up to 750k which is 375 diamonds. Thats only 25 short of the 400 entry fee. And thats not including the addition of any decorated eggs and additional goodies you would get from finding the eggs. In this case, i found about 21-23 of the eggs that run, so 15-20 give or take contained things other than what i have done the math on. If each of those eggs contained only 2 decorated eggs, thats around an additional 5-10 diamonds, which lessens the gap between the entry fee even more.

I honestly could not have had a worse maze run. I in no way see that even being a possibility. If someone can beat how terribly i did in that run, they depserately need to sacrifice their first born child to rngesus or something because wow that would be terrible luck. (or just ignoring every egg node for some reason, butt hats just dumb so i doubt anyone would do that) But still, i managed to end up coming out of it with just under what i paid to get in. I literally was reading through and was all prepped to defend the other players on this one cause i feel ya....i was not thrilled about that run at all and did not intend on going back in for a mythic run. But after doing the math on it, even I, reigning Argument Queen of Sylestia with Proficiency in Making Krins Life Miserable, cannot argue with it lol. Its completely, totally fair in an rng type feature. If we expected to get exactly our moneys worth each run, the site would go bankrupt and we wouldnt even /have/ these events anymore. A 25-150 diamond loss is entirely fair, and will most likely balance out in future encounters. Even at the highest possible loss from my teribad run, thats only a 225 diamond loss, which is only barely over 50%. (im also leaning more on the 2-3 seeds that run over the 1 seed) Which while that situation isnt great, its also not absolutely terrible.
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 21
Posted: 4/25/2019 at 1:04 AM Post #110
After being completely surprised by a random Rose Arcanist Aeridini seed from a regular seed pouch, I tried looking for the theme colors. I had no reason to keep up with the progress of this theme's installation in the site until just now. Has it been put in yet or is it not done?

Edit: This is unrelated, but I have this strange streak going on with the basic maze and themes. When themes do show up, they always come in pairs. One shows up, and soon afterwards, another one shows up. I've only seen 4 themes total in the basic maze. I haven't done the other version of the maze so I don't know if I'm suppose to see this many themes in about 4 - 7 maze runs and if the themes coming in pairs is just random coincidence or a bug. I think both times I saw themes, I didn't find the key to the temple. I ended up getting three, the other one ran. A Lunemara, Lupora, Faelora, and Morkko (which is the one that ran).
Edited By Nightstooth on 4/25/2019 at 3:38 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 34, 35, 36
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.