Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2019 Spring Festival - Create an Easter...
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 4/26/2019 at 10:05 PM Post #61
Digital Entry!

The color inspo comes from the Eventide Beach and Maui Punch Canna neph themes :)
Which are also the theme of my two fav noodles I own so :p

(Got the insta siggy on the bottom left and the user ID on the bottom right)
I struggled a bit with the blue one, as the angle was kind of strange, but I like how the whole thing ended up turning out! The orange one does look a little flat though. However I especially like the shadows on the egg and the crystals :O

Okay that's all!
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 7:57 PM Post #62
Spent the day making this :D In case anyone was wondering...i do not recommend acrylic paints on smooth plastic surfaces...90% of my time was just spent trying to get the paint to stick to the egg @-@

The egg itself. Its a plastic egg shaped case that had gummy bears in it :D

First layer of paint! Had to do thin layers so it dried fast to limit the risk of stripping earlier layers off by the paint being too wet. Reduced drying time, and i was running low on white paint so it eliminated the need to remix paint too often and waste precious resources.
I chose a nice baby blue because I like blue lol. It also meant i could use some of the leftover outside paint to mix the inside paint to help lighten it without using too much of the white lol.

Outside is painted, moving on to the inside! The inside is just slightly brighter and paler than the outside meant to be more sky-like than just blue.

To take advantage of the clear front, i decided to go for a 3D effect. Here i painted varying shades of yellow and brown directly onto the inside of the clear section for a nest appearance.

For the rikki on the inside, i decided to paint the upper body ont he inside of the clear section, and the lower body on the inside of the solid part of the egg, again to create a 3D effect. Thankfully, the smooth plastic surface did have the benefit of being easy to remove the paint from when I realized I should've painted the eyes first instead fo the head itself...working backwards is hard lol.

Finished the interior painting.

I wanted the outside to look like an egg before it was flipped to reveal the scene on the inside. I decided a neph would be fun to recreate using hot glue.
Additional pic of the hot glueing prior to painting

What better color to paint the vines than sparkly holo green?! Courtesy of my nail polish collection :D

My original plan was to paint the eggs on the inside, but i realized that would look silly with the 3D effect. So i decided to sew them out of some spare felt.
The finished eggs. The felt wasnt playing nicely with the handsewing, especially after i flipped things rightside out lol.

Hot glued the felt eggs on the inside, and this is what the finished product looks like on the front!

And heres a few pics of the finished product!

Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 4/28/2019 at 4:00 PM Post #63
Ferrikki inspired Easter eggs

Start with hard boiled eggs and several colors of dye, then cracked the shells.

After soaking for a couple hours I peeled them. Should have had the pink one sit longer I think.

But they came out okay

Feathers made from felt

Proud parents! Made them in the generator. Used the new trait! Nobody steal my design please :)
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 4/29/2019 at 7:26 AM Post #64
mwahahahaha! *thunder*

Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/30/2019 at 4:06 AM Post #65
My Sylestia Easter Egg Digital Entry:

It's a Zolnixi that found a golden Easter egg! Or is it a wild pet she's found?

Enjoy! ^w^
Edited By Banzai on 4/30/2019 at 4:07 AM.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 5/2/2019 at 8:39 PM Post #66
*jawdrop*

I mean...I think they look nice. :D
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 5/2/2019 at 8:45 PM Post #67
Thanks! uwu
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 5/4/2019 at 1:57 PM Post #68
I went into my front yard today, and amongst the flowers dotting the yard, I spied...a flowery egg!

(Click for a larger picture)

Why, it must be an Aeridini egg!

(The lighting was very nice for this picture! I was pleased.)

I started with the idea that Aeri eggs looked most fun to make, and I have quite a few fabric flowers lying around. (Craft supplies accumulate in my house...)

I bought a pair of large plastic Easter eggs from a craft store, and gathered my other supplies. As you can see, I was originally planning two eggs of different colors (I was planning to make one in the closed bud stage of the Aeridini egg), but I ran out of steam on this and just made one.

I painted the egg with a cool new paint I had just bought, a paint with a color shift. It's not as visible as I hoped, but you can see the effect here especially well because of the camera flash.

I cut many petals from tissue paper (many, many petals, as I glued layers together to make them stronger), and colored them with watercolor pencils.

I glued all the petals on, and added some beads on clear beading thread. I know the Aeri egg has the glowing bits coming from the petal area, but the holes in the egg were a convenient spot to put them. Then I put the egg outside in the flowers for the pictures! Flowers seem like a likely nest for an Aeri.

Note: I put two usernames on my card because I was considering changing my username, and wanted it to be valid if I did. I've decided against it for now, so please ignore the second name.
Edited By Lonefox on 5/4/2019 at 1:59 PM.
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 5/5/2019 at 11:22 AM Post #69
Here is my digital easter egg ^-^ I'll probably do the real easter egg later and add it to this post! I decided to do a ryo egg.

And here is my real life entry! I decided to make a real lost eggling.

Here are pictures of all my supplies. I used a real egg since our chickens just happen to lay one the perfect size-although it's less then a third their normal size egg.... sooo I don't really know what happened xD
The tree is my Brazilain Raintree bonsai-and I used dried leaves that I trimmed off it eariler, along with shamrocks that I found in my other bonsai's pot.

Next I started to arrange the leaves and shamrocks into a nest-I also painted blue spots on the egg (like the picture you see with a lost eggling), but I forgot to take a picture of that...

And finally I put the egg in the nest!

Edited By Vineyiea on 5/20/2019 at 2:46 PM.
Wolfiesparks
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 32
Posted: 5/6/2019 at 4:14 PM Post #70
Remind!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.