Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Girls Can't Be Pirates | Sign-Up Thr...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 121
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 8:46 PM Post #1

~ Girls Can't Be Pirates ~

Everyone saw the piece of parchment.
The first was a ropemaker's apprentice, in the streets before most people had risen.
It was easy to spot, and whoever had pinned it to the governor's door with the slightly rusted dagger had obviously wanted it to be seen. It said:

Dv hvvp Trioh lu hgilmt zmw hlfmw nrmw zmw ylwb, zmw ziv mlg zuizrw lu Dlip, Wzmtvi, zmw gsv Hvz.

Tiruubm'h Dsziu. Gdrortsg. Gsv ozhg wzb lu gsrh dvvp.

Dsl hzbh dv xzm'g yv Krizgvh, gll?

Of course, no one had a clue what it said, as it all seemed to be gibberish. But three days later, a girl - the governor's ten-year-old daughter, no less, was running through the streets of the port town, waving a piece of parchment, and screaming that she had figured it out. When they caught her, the words of the mysterious message were suddenly figured out:

We seek Girls of strong and sound mind and body, and are not afraid of Work, Danger, and the Sea.

Griffyn's Wharf. Twilight. The last day of the week after this appears.

Who says we can't be Pirates, too?

Everyone took it for a joke. After all, the message was blunt, clich, and completely absurd. But when the twilight of the last day of the week came around, fourteen girls and young women were standing at the end of Griffyn's Wharf, watching a small sloop, controllable by one skilled seaman, sail into the harbor.

The woman who came for them introduced herself only as Shadow. And so it happened that pirate woman and fourteen former seamstresses, housewives, and other girls and women stole the Lady Cyrene, a fine warship that had made port only a few days past, pirating it and renaming her The Night's Revenge. ((After observing the proper ceremony, of course - it's bad luck to change a ship's name in any other way.))

They've been plundering this coast and others ever since.

((Gods, I was re-reading this and I just realized how cheesy it sounds. Sorry, doing PotC movie music in band for the past month for our next concert has put me in a pirates-y mood.))

Now, twenty years later, they're still at it. The original crew is gone and dead - piracy tends to have a high mortality rate - but girls are still joining up whenever the Night happens to make port. But the British Navy has had enough of them, and has sent out three warships to track them down and sink the Night's Revenge. So what will become of the crew of female pirates, and the soldiers bent on sending them to the bottom of the ocean?
Edited By MistressNyx on 4/11/2019 at 8:23 PM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 10:22 PM Post #2
~ The Forms ~

Pirates
((Please do not include the stuff in parenthesis))

Name

Nicknames/Titles

Age ((17-25))

Gender ((These are the girls))

Rank ((See next post))

Preferred Weapon

Appearance

Personality

Backstory ((Optional))

Dislikes

Strengths

Weaknesses

Relations ((Friends, Enemies, etc.))

Why'd You Become A Pirate?

Other

The Navy

Name

Titles

Age ((21 up))

Gender ((These are the boys))

Rank ((See next post))

Preferred Weapon

Appearance

Personality

Backstory ((Optional))

Dislikes

Strengths

Weaknesses

Relations ((Friends, Enemies, etc.))

Other

Edited By MistressNyx on 4/11/2019 at 8:23 PM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 10:36 PM Post #3
~ Characters ~
Of course, on an actual ship there are far more roles - Master Of Sails, Ropemaker, etc., but I'm not including everything. IF YOU WANT THE ROLE OF CAPTAIN, YOU MUST PING ME WITH THE TYPE OF CODE USED AND HOW YOU SOLVE IT. WE WILL SEE IF YOU ARE UP TO THE TASK OF CAPTIAN...

Pirates
((In order of rank))

Captain
Maxine Nevermore Darling | Espenfalls

First Mate ((Quartermaster))
Defiance Peregryn | MistressNyx

Sailing Master
Akira Steele | Akirashadowwolf

Map-Master
Tracey Ximena Salvador | Orca2Whale

Gunners ((3))
- Esmeralda Youngblood | Luminousheart
- Mira Draconi | Dragonsrcool54
- Diance Diaba | Dragongem23

Sailors ((Unlimited))
- Lucinea Ameilia | DruidOfBees
- Amelie DeLacour | Queenie
- Ophelia Elisa Harrow | Annabella321
- Circe Karesinda | Fallingsky
-

Cook
Amelia Clark | Moonlitwolf0

Apprentices ((3))
- Cassiopeia Van Prince (Defiance's Apprentice) | Fallingsky
-
-

Powder Monkey ((Age 10-13))
Pigwidgeon Aedia | Fallingsky

The Navy
((Also in order of rank))

Captain
Fane Starr | Bluepearl13

First Mate

Lieutenants
- Troy Alejandro Salvador | Orca2Whale
-
-

Cartographer

Surgeon
Rory Slaine | Luminousheart

Midshipmen ((Sailors)) ((Unlimited))
- Alisa Taercot | Dragongem23
-
-
-
-

Gunners ((Equal in rank to sailors)) ((3))
- Hunter Draconi | Dragonsrcool54
-
-

Cook

Powder Monkey ((Age 10-13))
Weston Atalix | Luminousheart

Pinglist
MistressNyx, Luminousheart, Akirashadowwolf, Dragonsrcool54, Orca2whale, Dragongem23, Moonlitwolf0, Bluepearl13, DruidOfBees, Queenie, Annabella321, Fallingsky
Edited By MistressNyx on 5/28/2019 at 7:10 PM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 10:39 PM Post #4

Name
Defiance Peregryn

Nicknames/Titles
- Dia
- Lady Peregryn (jokingly)
- Sometimes newer pirates and the younger ones who are scared of her simply call her Quartermaster, though she does not mean to be scary

Rank
Quartermaster

Preferred Weapon
She's a decent shot with a flintlock pistol, but she prefers to use two short, curved sabers, one in each hand - her unique fighting style. Like all the other pirates, she's excellent as aiming and judging distance with a cannon, so that's nothing special. Defiance is can wield a cat 'o nine-tails barbed whip ferociously, because as Quartermaster, she's in charge of punishment aboard the Night's Revenge and her crew.

Appearance

Personality
Defiance is very grown-up for her age, both mentally and physically. It is practically unheard of for a girl (or boy) as young as 19 to become the second-in-command aboard a ship, but then again it is also practically unheard of for a group of girls to pirate a ship and still be around and successful twenty years later. While Defiance has a sarcastic, quirky, and rather coarse sense of humor, she knows when she needs to be serious and focused. She is very dedicated, often to the point of not knowing when to give up. When there is a task that needs to be done, from taking over the helm for a bit to emptying the latrines, she will gladly step forward and do it without having to be asked. As Quartermaster she is in charge of punishment. She wields a nine-tailed whip ferociously, but that does not mean she likes to do it. Mostly, she will assign you to nasty tasks or limit your rations as penalty instead, but sometimes she has to make an example of someone. She can be scary, but she does not try to be. Really, Defiance is a nice person.

Backstory

- Being in charge
- Learning new things
- The adrenaline of a fight

Dislikes
- Confined spaces
- Being on land for long periods of time
- Having to take stupid orders

Strengths
- Never gives up
- Not afraid of hard work
- Excellent swimmer sailor
- Handy with a cutlass and pistol

Weaknesses
- Slight claustrophobia
- Sometimes plays favourites amoung the crew
- Will do anything for a friend
- Overprotective

Relations

Why'd You Become A Pirate?

Other
Edited By MistressNyx on 5/26/2019 at 10:01 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 10:46 PM Post #5
Might join if one of the rps im in dies (little chance of that happening tho....)

If i get time I'l ljust dump in some of my lesser-used OCs.

EDIT: SO sorry just saw don't psot sign. *facepalm* Feel free the knock one of my characters over the edge if I ever join one of your rps.
Edited By Orca2whale on 4/10/2019 at 10:47 PM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 11:26 PM Post #6
Hmm, there won't be many cliffs in the middle of the sea. Maybe we can have you keelhauled instead? ((Don't worry, I'm not mad - I've made all the posts I need and I just need to complete them.))
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 4/10/2019 at 11:33 PM Post #7
GOod idea

Oh....Have you ever watched Pirates of the Carribian 4 (the one with the mermaids?)

If it's possible (and not OP), I have deemed one of my rps to have died. So could I be liek a mermaid who's coining as a regular girl, then when you kick me off the deck I could jsut turn into a mermaid and just hang around being a mix of annoying and helpful (and if the rp revives I can easily come and go, helpful since I'm gonna be on and off and wifi is not my friend :D)
Akirashadowwolf
Level 54
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 39
Posted: 4/11/2019 at 5:36 AM Post #8
could you let me know when you are accepting forms? Also I was in the same boat with PotC music when I was in middle school band XD
Dragonsrcool54
Level 56
The Perfectionist
Threads: 75
Posted: 4/11/2019 at 6:53 AM Post #9
So, everyone else was posting so why not XD

Is it possible if I have a navy person, who quits (jumps ship) and gets rescued by pirates? I kinda want to be a pirate, but Im not good with female characters. Plus, i think it would be cool if I have a navy guy quit and yeet off the side. Especially if hes an orphan and was forced to join the navy. More reason to jump ship.

WAIT IDEA- what if hes related to a pirate? Like shes a cousin or something? I could make that work! As long as I make both the pirate and navy person. That cool?
Edited By Dragonsrcool54 on 4/11/2019 at 7:00 AM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 4/11/2019 at 8:12 PM Post #10
Everyone - you can go ahead and make characters now!

Orca - Yep, I've seen PotC 4... a while ago. The first three (original trilogy) are definitely the best, though. Your mermaid idea... hmm, I wasn't really planning on having magic-type stuff like PotC, keeping it a pretty realistic RP. Can I maybe see you character first?

Dragons - Yep, I like your idea about someone jumping ship. Go ahead.
Edited By MistressNyx on 4/11/2019 at 8:13 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.