Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/30/2022 at 1:08 PM Post #2441
Nightfall
--
Meridah's expression falls for the briefest moment, long enough for you to notice before her cool facade is back up. "Losing people is something we were forced to get used to - but I can't dwell on that while I still have the living to get out of here alive."

Crimson appears to appreciate your effort, getting up despite her fatigue. She sniffs your wounded arm, letting out a whine. "You're hurt," she says, eyes wide.

It's a valid concern - using a rope will help most get enough purchase to get to the top. But it's not going to help Glorin, and there are a couple other freed prisoners who are wounded and will clearly struggle. The group will need to come up with some way to carry the wounded up the slope, but while trying to climb yourselves, it wouldn't be a simple matter. Maybe there's some other way to pull them up the slope?

"I'll take the help. Keep the questions," she glares at you as she makes the sharp rebuke.

"Leave it for now, Asteria," Aegis warns you quietly as the elf turns away.

There's a shout from the top of the slope. You hear Mirandah cry: "Watch out!" before there's a blur of motion and a thump. The rock haphazardly rolls to a stop, rope coiled around it in a knot, the length of which leads off up the slope to where the other end must be tied at the top.

"Right, we're one climb away from the end of this nightmare. Get going!" Mirandah encourages as the first centaur moves up to take the rope, tugging it twice. He's unsteady as he's pulled up, hooves slipping on the loose gravel and rock, but he doesn't fall as he continues toward the top.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/30/2022 at 1:37 PM Post #2442

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notice

Hey folks. As I'm sure is the same case for the rest of you, things have gotten busier for me. This is just to let you know that I'll be managing to break previous records and be even slower to respond than my norm!

I'll try my best to throw the occasional response your way when I can, but don't expect anything major until Christmas-time, when I should be able to tackle your posts with enthusiastic abandon. This will probably suit most of you anyway at this busy time of year.

May you walk your long and winding Path safely,
~Falcon

Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 9/30/2022 at 6:44 PM Post #2443
(Alright, you stay safe out there)
(Second edit: will make a different response maybe)
Edited By Whiterosealliance on 10/1/2022 at 12:40 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/30/2022 at 9:23 PM Post #2444
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=245#2441
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 9/30/2022 at 1:08 PM
Nightfall
--
Meridah's expression falls for the briefest moment, long enough for you to notice before her cool facade is back up. "Losing people is something we were forced to get used to - but I can't dwell on that while I still have the living to get out of here alive."

Crimson appears to appreciate your effort, getting up despite her fatigue. She sniffs your wounded arm, letting out a whine. "You're hurt," she says, eyes wide.

It's a valid concern - using a rope will help most get enough purchase to get to the top. But it's not going to help Glorin, and there are a couple other freed prisoners who are wounded and will clearly struggle. The group will need to come up with some way to carry the wounded up the slope, but while trying to climb yourselves, it wouldn't be a simple matter. Maybe there's some other way to pull them up the slope?

"I'll take the help. Keep the questions," she glares at you as she makes the sharp rebuke.

"Leave it for now, Asteria," Aegis warns you quietly as the elf turns away.

There's a shout from the top of the slope. You hear Mirandah cry: "Watch out!" before there's a blur of motion and a thump. The rock haphazardly rolls to a stop, rope coiled around it in a knot, the length of which leads off up the slope to where the other end must be tied at the top.

"Right, we're one climb away from the end of this nightmare. Get going!" Mirandah encourages as the first centaur moves up to take the rope, tugging it twice. He's unsteady as he's pulled up, hooves slipping on the loose gravel and rock, but he doesn't fall as he continues toward the top.

"Do we have more rope? We might be able to make a rope harness or two for the prisoners that can't climb up. If not, we might be able to use my tent to make a sling and get them up there. It's going to be easy though," Asteria responds, "We'll need the other prisoners up top to pull them up."

She is well aware that she is injured but if she can ignore the injuries for now and help the others that's what she'll do. She still has questions but those can wait for another time to be answered.

Turning to Crimson Asteria speaks, "I know but I'll be okay. We'll all be okay. Just keep an eye out please. I know you're tired and I'm asking a lot but please just stay awake a little longer. When we get back to camp you can take a nap and have the rest of the treat."

(Thank you for telling me.)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 2:20 PM Post #2445
(Sounds good ^^ This will also fit my similar lack of response time perfectly, haha)
Edited By Larkian on 10/1/2022 at 2:20 PM.
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 10/3/2022 at 10:27 PM Post #2446
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=244#2440
Time Posted: 9/16/2022 at 3:22 PM
Afternoon
--
The odour not deterring you in the slightest, you take the left path on a whim. Your echo is eerily dull and weak in the confined quarters, and Brazentalons certainly does not materialise when you call his name.

This street is filled with rubbish - in sacks or barrels, often tipped and spilling out onto the ground - clustered near what must be the back-doors to establishments facing the streets beyond. You could try to scale one of the barrels, but that might be a bit precarious. Otherwise, you are bordered on both sides by vertical, slick, unscaleable walls which ascend four, five, six stories high until you can see the strip of blue sky above.

Perhaps the ring is a bit of an extreme measure for now. You find your thoughts inexplicably drawn to it, now that you've touched upon the subject - what if it is the solution? It would be so easy to slip it on your finger...

You're looking at the piles of rubbish you pass for something to climb when you hear a noise behind you. You wouldn't have heard it if you hadn't been paying attention, making you turn to regard an elf, concealed in a shadowed alcove where he leans against the wall idly. It's unclear why he feels the need to idly lean in this dingy back alleyway, and his clothes only accentuate how out-of-place he appears. He has a red cloth tied around his head, a matching red, heavy overcoat, an eye-patch and baggy black-blue trousers tucked into his high leather boots. A small golden hoop hangs from his pointed ear.

"Ye lookin' for somethin'?" he asks gruffly. You can't help but notice his voice seems forced - like he's putting on his ridiculous accent. He smirks knowingly. "Elf like yerself oughta have a familiar. Did I guess about right?"

I say nothing for a bit, wondering if I should give a truthful answer to this suspicious fellow. What was 'elf like yerself' supposed to mean? He's an elf too as far as I could tell. But where was his griffin? Maybe he just meant elves from Elvenor. Hm... Surely it can't hurt. Maybe he can help?
"Yeah. Mind helping me out? I could do a favour for you in exchange."
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 10/8/2022 at 12:12 AM Post #2447
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=245#2442
Time Posted: 9/30/2022 at 1:37 PM

Notice

Hey folks. As I'm sure is the same case for the rest of you, things have gotten busier for me. This is just to let you know that I'll be managing to break previous records and be even slower to respond than my norm!

I'll try my best to throw the occasional response your way when I can, but don't expect anything major until Christmas-time, when I should be able to tackle your posts with enthusiastic abandon. This will probably suit most of you anyway at this busy time of year.

May you walk your long and winding Path safely,
~Falcon

(Don't worry, i just saw this today i think you're good XD)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 10/11/2022 at 9:18 PM Post #2448
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=244#2433
Time Posted: 8/24/2022 at 8:00 AM
(Yeah that wouldn't be so bad. Maybe that just makes your character a super-carefree individual.
The only detective work the Egg Police have time for is in order to CRACK down on egg-thieves. Huehuehue.
Um. Good question. M'kay, I've revised my knowledge of medieval lighting, and have decided we'll go arbitrary game rules here lol)

Morning
--
He skews his ears thoughtfully. "Ehh... I suppose we'll find out which the longer we stay here," he decides tactfully.

Travellers on foot, of course, but if lugging your gear around isn't for you there are the possibilities of staying in a fixed location like at the inn or your very own place, or to travel by cart or caravan.

"You can light it like this," Skywhisper goes on to explain, and you light the lantern. A cheerful warmth emanates from the little flame which takes hold from the oil-soaked wick. He holds his talons near the lantern and gives a satisfied cluck. "That'll do. We'll need to find more lantern fuel later but that should be fine for now."

(My problem is I keep forgetting the setting so I forgot where you put the egg and what's in the room. I'm gonna need to write more things down :I)

It's a thought that's come to me before, but in the end the convenience of being able to travel anywhere relatively self-contained outweighs the back pain.

"Oh! That's quite convenient," I remark, securing the now-lit lantern in beside the egg, where it should hopefully ensure its warmth until we return. "That's all, we ready to go now? If need be, we could probably pick up some lantern fuel on the way back if we need to use it again later."

(Me too tbh, oof)
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/13/2022 at 9:50 AM Post #2449
Nightfall
(Strictly speaking I should have mentioned it earlier but I'll be by whenever I can)
--
"No more rope. And a rope harness might not be any good on its own - dragging Glorin up that slope with nothing to protect him won't do him any favours. But with the sling..." Aegis nods. "I can't think of any better ideas. That could work."

Meridah huffs begrudgingly at your suggestion. "If you two can manage to put it together I'll take it. In the meantime, those that can will climb to the top, where they can help lift the others."

Your cut arm is still bleeding, but you should be able to work through it while accepting it's going to hurt - keep that in mind if you're scaling the slope too. The main concern longer term is blood loss and keeping the wound from getting infected. So while helping is your first priority, the faster you all get to safety the better.

Crimson straightens and ducks a nod, bounding a little ways away to watch down the chasm for pursuers.

The rope comes back down the slope as the next ex-prisoner begins their way up to safety.

"Unless you had something else in mind, the way I see this sling working is probably going to damage your tent when it's pulled over the sharp rocks and gravel," Aegis says. "We should be able to repair it as soon as we get our hands on some material and a sewing kit, but until then it might not be of much use as a shelter. If you're okay with that, can we begin?"
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/13/2022 at 7:57 PM Post #2450
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=245#2449
Time Posted: 10/13/2022 at 9:50 AM
Nightfall
(Strictly speaking I should have mentioned it earlier but I'll be by whenever I can)
--
"No more rope. And a rope harness might not be any good on its own - dragging Glorin up that slope with nothing to protect him won't do him any favours. But with the sling..." Aegis nods. "I can't think of any better ideas. That could work."

Meridah huffs begrudgingly at your suggestion. "If you two can manage to put it together I'll take it. In the meantime, those that can will climb to the top, where they can help lift the others."

Your cut arm is still bleeding, but you should be able to work through it while accepting it's going to hurt - keep that in mind if you're scaling the slope too. The main concern longer term is blood loss and keeping the wound from getting infected. So while helping is your first priority, the faster you all get to safety the better.

Crimson straightens and ducks a nod, bounding a little ways away to watch down the chasm for pursuers.

The rope comes back down the slope as the next ex-prisoner begins their way up to safety.

"Unless you had something else in mind, the way I see this sling working is probably going to damage your tent when it's pulled over the sharp rocks and gravel," Aegis says. "We should be able to repair it as soon as we get our hands on some material and a sewing kit, but until then it might not be of much use as a shelter. If you're okay with that, can we begin?"

"Since we don't have any better options, I'm fine with that," Asteria agrees, "she takes the tent out of her bag and hands it to Aegis.

Asteria carefully takes her knife out and cuts part of the coat she is wearing. She washes it in the snow as best she can before wrapping it around her arm. She knows it is far from great medical treatment but at the moment it's the best she has.

After making sure the bandage is secure, she helps Aegis make the tent into a sling. She hopes that the sling will do the job even if it isn't great. The biggest issue will be when it is lifted, the issue of it falling apart worries Asteria a good deal. Asteria also knows that she most likely won't be able to carry Crimson up the cliff so Crimson would have to use the sling as well. Asteria does what she can to make the sling strong using methods taught to her by the other Rangers that she has been around most of her life.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.