Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 12/23/2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2331
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=233#2328
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 12/23/2021 at 6:59 AM
(No worries at all! Glad to see you back.)

Morning
--
However long the housework job will last, it's clear from how quickly the shoddy note was produced that the employer is desperate for help. You tear the note from the wall and head to the address written on it.

You find yourself in one of the more affluent estates of Boulder, higher up on the slopes of Mount Hott. Chillfest celebrations are well underway here, the houses decorated festively for the occasion.

The house you've been directed to isn't so calm and peaceful, however. You can instantly see the chaos as goblins run to and fro on errands; a deliveryman with his cart drawn up outside argues with a well-dressed orc; and another orc wrestles with Chillfest decorations as she puts them up on the house.

For a few minutes, Pike ignored the chaos of the address he was supposed to head to and simply admired the peaceful scene of the rest of the prosperous people's property. His family had never decorate for Chillfest and the best present he had ever gotten was a box for all the things he had collected. He had lost that box, though, and all the treasures it held, a year or two ago and since then, he had done his best to not hoard all the unique things that would simply "take up space" according to his family.
Pike turns his attention to the discord at the address mentioned in the note and sighs in expectation of some trouble ahead. He hesitates, wondering if he would be able to calm down the two arguing, before he shakes his head slightly. He was not interested to possibly get hit by an orc again today. Instead, he steps out of the way of running goblins and up to the orc with the decorations, "Hello? I'd be happy to put some of those up for you." If he dies because he angered an orc by abusing their pride with an offer to help them put up lights, he could blame it on his over-eagerness to help wherever he is able to.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 7:44 AM Post #2332
Evening
--
"That little devil didn't feel cowardly when he sank his claws into me," Felicia mutters angrily. "But if you can make it work..."

Then she pauses, seeming to click. "Allergies? Nicote-" she catches herself. "No, we'll need to get used to calling you Newt from now on. Newt, if you have a problem with griffins you're going to have to sort it out. You'll be surrounded by them during the daily duties of the captain of the guard. If your brother had the same problem, you'll need to find out how he coped with it."

As you descend another flight of stairs, you realise that you are now heading into the dungeons. You walk past holding cells with jeering and wary faces behind the bars, then on into the next room of solitary, more secure cells. Felicia pulls out a key, unlocking a door and shoving her way inside with a loud metallic creak of the hinges.

Inside, your eyes adjust to take in the features of its occupant. Huddled on a bench at the far wall, a very familiar face sends a disbelieving glare your way.

"...brother?" the real Newt hisses.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 8:08 AM Post #2333
(No need to apologise. If you want to take a break to let your creativity recharge, then no worries at all. CK will be here when you feel ready to jump back in)

Evening
--
One cooking fire burns at the centre of the camp, where the clan is huddled around its warmth eating the broth from the pot hanging above it. The prisoners are a few feet away, in the dark and the cold, with the one unarmoured orc nearby keeping watch on them.

"I'm not sure, but I'll find some resin for now so that it's there if we need it," Aegis mutters, crawling back away from the edge and moving off into the darkness.

"That might be credible enough," Murva says. "Hm... we'd either need a very good aim, or have a very smart trick up our sleeves to get it where we need it to go. It's getting it lit that will be the trick. I can't see a way to do that without getting caught that doesn't involve putting it straight into their fire."

She hums to herself thoughtfully, looking at you. "It would be like magic, though, if we managed to pull that off."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 8:45 AM Post #2334
Morning
--
The cheery street fills you with a sense of tranquility, despite the juxtaposition between the chilly festival and the volcanic surroundings down here in the southern territories. Now that you've hit the road, there's bound to be all sorts of things you can freely collect from here on out.

The pair continue their heated debate without so much as a glance in your direction as you walk right past them, sparing you their ire.

The orc turns round, scanning you with a judgemental expression while saying: "Ah, finally! You got the note down at the market square, right? I hope you like heights, because since my apprentice went and injured himself I've been short of a guy for putting lights on the eaves."

Nearby, a few boxes lie open with hundreds of lights spilling from them. Up above, the three-storey building looms overhead with the two bare, unlit floors awaiting decoration.

"It might take until midday or the afternoon depending on how good you are," she says cheerily. "But I split the cuts 50-50, and these folks around here are loaded."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 11:43 AM Post #2335
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=234#2333
Time Posted: 12/26/2021 at 8:08 AM
(No need to apologise. If you want to take a break to let your creativity recharge, then no worries at all. CK will be here when you feel ready to jump back in)

Evening
--
One cooking fire burns at the centre of the camp, where the clan is huddled around its warmth eating the broth from the pot hanging above it. The prisoners are a few feet away, in the dark and the cold, with the one unarmoured orc nearby keeping watch on them.

"I'm not sure, but I'll find some resin for now so that it's there if we need it," Aegis mutters, crawling back away from the edge and moving off into the darkness.

"That might be credible enough," Murva says. "Hm... we'd either need a very good aim, or have a very smart trick up our sleeves to get it where we need it to go. It's getting it lit that will be the trick. I can't see a way to do that without getting caught that doesn't involve putting it straight into their fire."

She hums to herself thoughtfully, looking at you. "It would be like magic, though, if we managed to pull that off."

*I have wind magic and Crimson is a hellhound. It shouldnt be too difficult for a few skilled archers. We aim near the cook fire and use that as a distraction to slip down there. One of us will keep up the distraction while the rest of us rescue the prisoners. Crimson will help with the distraction agreed? Please Crimson?* Asteria had a few ideas from her time as a ranger and from stories Kiki had told her in the past.

(Nope I am good to go now.)
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2336
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=234#2332
Time Posted: 12/26/2021 at 7:44 AM
Evening
--
"That little devil didn't feel cowardly when he sank his claws into me," Felicia mutters angrily. "But if you can make it work..."

Then she pauses, seeming to click. "Allergies? Nicote-" she catches herself. "No, we'll need to get used to calling you Newt from now on. Newt, if you have a problem with griffins you're going to have to sort it out. You'll be surrounded by them during the daily duties of the captain of the guard. If your brother had the same problem, you'll need to find out how he coped with it."

As you descend another flight of stairs, you realise that you are now heading into the dungeons. You walk past holding cells with jeering and wary faces behind the bars, then on into the next room of solitary, more secure cells. Felicia pulls out a key, unlocking a door and shoving her way inside with a loud metallic creak of the hinges.

Inside, your eyes adjust to take in the features of its occupant. Huddled on a bench at the far wall, a very familiar face sends a disbelieving glare your way.

"...brother?" the real Newt hisses.

"Surprised you recognized me this time." Nicote snorts.
He steps just inside the door, leans against the wall, and crosses his arms, leveling the ultimate annoyed look at Newt. ""Be glad I was in the area and decided to be nice and lend a hand you idiot." he tells him. "You owe me one for this, by the way. So, care to explain yourself or should we just jump straight to the point and you can tell me how not to sneeze every five seconds around griffins because I hihgly doubt my wyvern can pass as one, as good at playing an act as he is."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/27/2021 at 7:48 AM Post #2337
(Alrighty)

Evening
--
Murva grins. "Excellent plan. Aegis and I are more skilled with slings than with bows, but otherwise it should work. So just fling unlit lumps of pine resin onto their fire, let it catch light and flare up uncontrollably?"

Crimson perks her ears up. "Okay! What can I do?"

For thinking a situation through tactically, you have gained +1/3 Combat proficiency

Murva looks down the craggy ravine walls. They're steep, almost vertical at points, but they should be climbable if you grab onto the vegetation and rocky outcroppings. There's no telling if the prisoners will be able to climb them, though, and the couple of centaurs are definitely going to have trouble on the sharp incline.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/27/2021 at 8:25 AM Post #2338
Evening
--
"...lend me a hand?" he whispers. His confused stare doesn't hide the way his eyes light up hopefully. "You're getting me out of this hole? Honestly, Nicote, I haven't done anything wrong!"

He looks overwhelmed, but takes in the attire which you now wear and narrows his eyes, realising what you're saying. You can almost see the cogs turning, even after so long since you last spent time in the same room as each other.

"Y-you aren't working on behalf of the Elven Council," he speaks to Felicia, astonished. She glares, making him flinch. He turns to you. "And my dearest, estranged brother has finally decided to crawl back, dressed up like me, and make out as if being manhandled into a prison cell is doing me a favour."

"Was this whole controversy your plan, Nicote?" he asks, more worked up and condemning than you have ever seen him before. "Knock me out of elven society so that you can slip back into my place without anyone noticing? The accusations against me have disgraced our family. Why would you do this?"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 12/27/2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2339
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=234#2338
Time Posted: 12/27/2021 at 8:25 AM
Evening
--
"...lend me a hand?" he whispers. His confused stare doesn't hide the way his eyes light up hopefully. "You're getting me out of this hole? Honestly, Nicote, I haven't done anything wrong!"

He looks overwhelmed, but takes in the attire which you now wear and narrows his eyes, realising what you're saying. You can almost see the cogs turning, even after so long since you last spent time in the same room as each other.

"Y-you aren't working on behalf of the Elven Council," he speaks to Felicia, astonished. She glares, making him flinch. He turns to you. "And my dearest, estranged brother has finally decided to crawl back, dressed up like me, and make out as if being manhandled into a prison cell is doing me a favour."

"Was this whole controversy your plan, Nicote?" he asks, more worked up and condemning than you have ever seen him before. "Knock me out of elven society so that you can slip back into my place without anyone noticing? The accusations against me have disgraced our family. Why would you do this?"

"Oh, most definitely not my idea, trust me" Nicote snorts. "But while you were off trying to get out of trouble I was off having the time of my life trying not to get me and my party kidnapped twice in a week. You should know by now the last thing I want is any part of politics. As it is however, it's either this or we both get put through the slammer and frankly as far as I"m concerned I'm probably your best bet to not getting locked away for life or something so either you let me take your place and dig you out of this mess and never speak of it again or you can explain to the family the embarrassment you've caused."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 12/27/2021 at 2:27 PM Post #2340
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=234#2337
Time Posted: 12/27/2021 at 7:48 AM
(Alrighty)

Evening
--
Murva grins. "Excellent plan. Aegis and I are more skilled with slings than with bows, but otherwise it should work. So just fling unlit lumps of pine resin onto their fire, let it catch light and flare up uncontrollably?"

Crimson perks her ears up. "Okay! What can I do?"

For thinking a situation through tactically, you have gained +1/3 Combat proficiency

Murva looks down the craggy ravine walls. They're steep, almost vertical at points, but they should be climbable if you grab onto the vegetation and rocky outcroppings. There's no telling if the prisoners will be able to climb them, though, and the couple of centaurs are definitely going to have trouble on the sharp incline.

(Thank you)

Asteria looks at Crimson, *You can watch for enemies up here. That and help with the distraction if it comes down to that. Getting the prisoners out will be the hardest part. Is there another way to get the prisoners out? Some if not all of them wont be able to make that climb and I refuse to leave any behind if there is a possibility of saving them.*
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 233, 234, 235... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.