Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/11/2021 at 2:34 PM Post #2291
Afternoon
--
"Neither am I. You don't think that just because I'm the council's greatest asset that I'm actually liked, do you?" she scoffs. "No. In this plan, it doesn't matter in the slightest whether Nicote Marker is a name to be respected or reviled."

"I've already told you my motives. I am spurned by most other Elven officials - captain of the guard is a much desired title, but of the Adventurer's Crossroads? You don't get many notable Elven titles any further away from the council than here." Having to speak the degrading words disgusts her, and she growls scornfully. "What I want is allies I can trust and rely on to back me up."

She quirks a brow. "Good terms? Nicote, without me, you'll be lucky to keep on hostile terms with the rest of Anaia before you come to the abrupt end of your Path. This is what I have to offer - take it or leave it."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 11/11/2021 at 3:06 PM Post #2292
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=229#2290
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 11/11/2021 at 2:04 PM
Evening
--
The experienced mercenaries are focused in an instant, recognising that something is wrong. They cautiously creep to your side, eyes wide and alert as they scan the forest around you.

But there isn't much foliage for a group of ambushers to hide in. The suspect yet small collection of shrubbery gathers around the base of an outcropping of rock - otherwise, spindly trees dot the pine-needle carpeted slopes few and far in between.

The seconds drag on. Near-silence reigns save for your party's hushed breathing.

"I'll go first," Asteria whispers, "keep a good distance away in case I'm right and if the wind picks up hold onto something."
Asteria slowly creeps towards the collection of shrubs as she loads her bow, "Elvan Ranger, come out of the bushes right now."
She hopes her plan works and that this wasn't Crimson trying to follow them.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 11/11/2021 at 4:07 PM Post #2293
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=230#2291
Time Posted: 11/11/2021 at 2:34 PM
Afternoon
--
"Neither am I. You don't think that just because I'm the council's greatest asset that I'm actually liked, do you?" she scoffs. "No. In this plan, it doesn't matter in the slightest whether Nicote Marker is a name to be respected or reviled."

"I've already told you my motives. I am spurned by most other Elven officials - captain of the guard is a much desired title, but of the Adventurer's Crossroads? You don't get many notable Elven titles any further away from the council than here." Having to speak the degrading words disgusts her, and she growls scornfully. "What I want is allies I can trust and rely on to back me up."

She quirks a brow. "Good terms? Nicote, without me, you'll be lucky to keep on hostile terms with the rest of Anaia before you come to the abrupt end of your Path. This is what I have to offer - take it or leave it."

"As long as I don't have my head seperate from my body I'm willing to take you up on that offer." Nicote shrugs. "As it is there's a ripe chance I may end up indirectly being the reason a clan gets decimated at the rate things are going."

"I can agree that allies one can trust are most definitely a priority....and as that is in both of our interests, I think i will tkae you up on the offer of alliance. But if I ever learn that you have plans against me, those in my party, or my family....." He leaves that in the air.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 11/12/2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2294
Evening
--
"No. If you're right, we're right behind you," Aegis breathes, expression determined.

The three of you slowly approach the bracken. As you bring your arrow to your bowstring, voice painfully clear in the cool evening air, another rustle which couldn't be from the wind sounds before you.

You hear Murva curse colourfully on your left, her voice coming out in a low hiss. She grips her weapon tightly, shield raised reflexively.

The quiet becomes agonising.

"Oh, drat."

A small, fluffy head pokes out from the bushes, the rest of the hellhound pup following close behind. As your intuition predicted, an apologetic-looking Crimson emerges with fallen ears and a sagging tail.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 11/12/2021 at 12:35 PM Post #2295
Afternoon
--
"Excellent. I'm glad to have you on my side, Nicote," she smiles broadly, and for a moment you can understand why she has come to be known as 'Feral' Felicia.

She presses the palms of her hands together, tapping her fingertips to her lips thoughtfully. "On that score, trust goes both ways. Providing you play your part in my plan, your brother will be perfectly fine, but I can't gaurantee that I can protect him if you make a mistake. Your role is the riskier one, I'll admit... but no riskier than seeing how you fare with the bounty over your head as things stand."

She gestures to one of the overturned chairs on the other side of the desk to her, at your feet. "Please, sit. We have a lot to discuss. First and foremost the fact that 'Nicote Marker' is swiftly becoming an infamous name as the claims of your supposed treason spread. We can... compensate for that, let's say. But it won't be a simple matter."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 11/12/2021 at 1:07 PM Post #2296
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=230#2294
Time Posted: 11/12/2021 at 11:50 AM
Evening
--
"No. If you're right, we're right behind you," Aegis breathes, expression determined.

The three of you slowly approach the bracken. As you bring your arrow to your bowstring, voice painfully clear in the cool evening air, another rustle which couldn't be from the wind sounds before you.

You hear Murva curse colourfully on your left, her voice coming out in a low hiss. She grips her weapon tightly, shield raised reflexively.

The quiet becomes agonising.

"Oh, drat."

A small, fluffy head pokes out from the bushes, the rest of the hellhound pup following close behind. As your intuition predicted, an apologetic-looking Crimson emerges with fallen ears and a sagging tail.

Asteria couldn't help but laugh quietly, "I should have known you'd follow me. I'm not angry so don't be too upset. I'm just glad you weren't caught."
She lets down the bow and puts it away before looking around, "Crimson did you detect anything while you were coming here? Anything strange or smelling of goblin or orc?"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 11/13/2021 at 6:40 PM Post #2297
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=230#2295
Time Posted: 11/12/2021 at 12:35 PM
Afternoon
--
"Excellent. I'm glad to have you on my side, Nicote," she smiles broadly, and for a moment you can understand why she has come to be known as 'Feral' Felicia.

She presses the palms of her hands together, tapping her fingertips to her lips thoughtfully. "On that score, trust goes both ways. Providing you play your part in my plan, your brother will be perfectly fine, but I can't gaurantee that I can protect him if you make a mistake. Your role is the riskier one, I'll admit... but no riskier than seeing how you fare with the bounty over your head as things stand."

She gestures to one of the overturned chairs on the other side of the desk to her, at your feet. "Please, sit. We have a lot to discuss. First and foremost the fact that 'Nicote Marker' is swiftly becoming an infamous name as the claims of your supposed treason spread. We can... compensate for that, let's say. But it won't be a simple matter."

"I haven't failed any plans yet and I plan to keep it tthat way." Nicote agrees. "So, what do you need me to do? I will mention I do have some things to clear up here before I'll be able to go anywhere."
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 11/13/2021 at 6:51 PM Post #2298
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=229#2281
Time Posted: 10/27/2021 at 1:32 PM
(You change your username an ungodly amount, hold on~
I know she really is just incredible isn't she? You roll a natural 1 on perception. You perceive absolutely nothing.
But now I've got two images I'd like to get commissioned xD Do you know if it's possible to make a requests thread in the Artwork Trades forum? I could find people interested in illustrating for CK then)

Evening
--
"Well, stick around my place and some adventure or the other is bound to sweep you up!"

"Hmm," she muses, looking torn and suspicious at the same time. "Okay... but if something is broken from now on, let me know and I'll handle it. I don't want you catching yourself on a loose nail or something awful like that."

She certainly doesn't appear to be the best at acting inconspicuously.

"Absolutely!" Rythia beams. She points at the inscription. "See that? That's the insignia of the Golden Sunrise Clan. They are pretty renowned around here... at least, in certain circles that is. They're quite secretive othewise. Yes, I had one of their people staying here a while back, but he disappeared rather suddenly. It was rather a shame, too - he always paid his rent on time and was very helpful."

He doesn't appear like he'll return in time for your conversation. Seems you'll need to handle it alone and fill him in about it later. It seems a little early, though, to be deciding it's a 'small' mystery.

(I also love how Rythia and I are holding like two conversations simultaneously)
(Yep, it's possible! Don't know how many offers you'll get from that compared to if you commission specific people, but I've seen it done.)

"Of course!" I say brightly. "That's probably a good idea, seeing how clumsy I can be," I laugh it off, pretending not to notice how suspicious she's acting. What else could she be hiding beneath the floorboards?

"A clan?" I ask, fascinated. I hadn't expected it to be much-- maybe a random family heirloom of Rythia's or something, not tied to a whole clan, as the inscription seems to suggest. "How do you know it was him, specifically, and not someone else from the clan? What was his name?" I press, trying to suppress my curiosity and utterly failing.
Edited By Skwardy on 2/18/2022 at 10:08 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 11/14/2021 at 8:45 AM Post #2299
Evening
--
Her ears prick up as she realises she's not in trouble, offering a wolfish grin. She bounds over.

"Well I am," Murva mutters. "Pup almost scared the life out of me."

Crimson looks up at you. "Nope! Numbat wouldn't let me out of his sight, until..." she hesitates. "Well... the camp got up and left. As soon as the sun disappeared behind the mountains they headed off. In all of the activity I was able to sneak away and follow your scent! I'm getting pretty good at it." She holds her head up proudly.

"But nope. There were no orcs or goblins on the way, just you. They musn't have left yet. Haven't you seen anything?"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 11/14/2021 at 9:34 AM Post #2300
Afternoon
--
"Good. However," she winces. "if you have unfinished business, you'll need to be smart about it. I have command over the elven garrison but the decree for your arrest comes from the top. I cannot change that. You will be arrested on sight unless you can outwit some of the barbarians posted here.

"As for what you need to do..." she trails off. "First, you need to attend a trail in order to oppose the claims made against your brother's name, before it's too late. Then we can start work on gathering the evidence and supporters to clear your own, too - which means getting rid of those who fabricated your crimes in the first place."

She takes a breath, looking uncertain as to how you will take the next part.

"You can do that by impersonating your brother."
Edited By Falconetti on 11/14/2021 at 9:35 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 229, 230, 231... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.