Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 12/6/2019 at 5:35 PM Post #1581
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=158#1580
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 12/6/2019 at 4:34 PM
Your familiar hugs you back. "You too. See you tomorrow."

He waves a wing in farewell before flying off, soaring up toward the massive stonewood trees and through the colourful festive banners that are being put up among the branches.

As you walk through the city in search of an inn, you are greeted by more colourful streamers hung from buildings for the festive season. There is an overall merry feeling in the streets of Elvenor as the best time of Chillsky.

You come across 'The Golden Candle Inn'. Being in the upper areas of Elvenor, getting a room may take more effort than a cheaper inn in the lower areas of the city. But the room will be better here, and you will be provided with nicer services.

I go into the inn and look around to find any workers, preferably one that looks like a receptionist. Once I find one I say, "Hello there. Everyone's getting prepared and jolly for the season, huh? Is there any favors I can do here?"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 12/6/2019 at 7:29 PM Post #1582
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=158#1575
Time Posted: 12/6/2019 at 3:14 PM
You turn your head around until you realise you can actually see a faint wisp of smoke. You look down to your fire wielding hand and you realise the edges of the flame are catching on the rope that restrains your arms. Loose threads sizzle and smoke as they burn away.

Nice.
This is great.
Maybe he can escape...But where the heck is he? Ah well. Not important.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1583
"I can't read that well, but it looks like a kind of task board. And look at this one-" she taps the note in question with a claw, looking at you "-what do you think?"

The note reads:

Volunteers wanted! Must have a flying familiar.

Volunteers needed for Elven patrols over the forest. Working hours: late morning to midday. Go to the Elven barracks to be assessed and equipped for the patrol. 5G earned every shift worked.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1584
"Alright. Shall we have a look around town then, see if there are any notices anywhere for available jobs?"

Shootingstar looks relieved that he won't be left on his own. He trots over, fluttering his wings a bit.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1585
The whole place is buzzing with activity. A large hearth burns happily, warming the space. A small band plays festive tunes to the customers, getting a few tips flipped into a collection tray for their bother. People chat, eat and drink at the round wooden tables, a low rumble of voices as the music plays on.

Servers go around the full-up tables with trays of dishes and steaming food and mugs of ale. But they all look far too busy to stop and chat, so you move further into the building - round tables and chairs and people bustling about.

By the back of the room there is a counter with a couple of workers serving people sat at the bar. A woman leans against the wall behind them, overseeing everything that goes on. As servers go by on their trips to and from the hectic kitchens they look at her uneasily, but not for too long.

Her rich looking clothes marks her as someone high up here, and you can safely assume she's the innkeeper. She turns to you as you speak, nodding her head.

"Many of my workers have taken ill," she says haughtily, looking down her nose at you. "I normally wouldn't bother accepting favours but..." she waves her hands to the many people around. "Needs must. I have a business to run - what is it that you want for your favour?"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:45 AM Post #1586
The smouldering flames peter out, running out of proper fuel. But you can definitely feel the ropes being looser than before. But burning the ropes won't work properly without being properly controlled. You were lucky that the fire didn't catch your clothes alight.

The flap of the cover on the cart is tugged by the wind, letting you glance again at flat white nothingness. You can't discern from the cart your general surroundings.

The goblins haven't come back though, and you certainly can't hear the wild things. Escape may be possible - you can't have travelled that far, surely.
Edited By Falconetti on 12/7/2019 at 10:46 AM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 12/7/2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1587
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=159#1584
Time Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:30 AM
"Alright. Shall we have a look around town then, see if there are any notices anywhere for available jobs?"

Shootingstar looks relieved that he won't be left on his own. He trots over, fluttering his wings a bit.

"Sure and Shootingstar do you really think I'd leave you alone in a strange place," Asteria asks.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 12/7/2019 at 1:49 PM Post #1588
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=159#1586
Time Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:45 AM
The smouldering flames peter out, running out of proper fuel. But you can definitely feel the ropes being looser than before. But burning the ropes won't work properly without being properly controlled. You were lucky that the fire didn't catch your clothes alight.

The flap of the cover on the cart is tugged by the wind, letting you glance again at flat white nothingness. You can't discern from the cart your general surroundings.

The goblins haven't come back though, and you certainly can't hear the wild things. Escape may be possible - you can't have travelled that far, surely.

He wonders if theres a bail or something, then he can just undo the ropes.
Eyelashviper
Level 61
Threads: 224
Posted: 12/8/2019 at 6:30 AM Post #1589
"I can't read that well, but it looks like a kind of task board. And look at this one-" she taps the note in question with a claw, looking at you "-what do you think?"

The note reads:

Volunteers wanted! Must have a flying familiar.

Volunteers needed for Elven patrols over the forest. Working hours: late morning to midday. Go to the Elven barracks to be assessed and equipped for the patrol. 5g earned every shift worked.

I smile at Raven "I guess whoever made this needs volunteers to patrol over the forest. I think we should volunteer. What do YOU think?"
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 12/8/2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1590
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=159#1585
Time Posted: 12/7/2019 at 10:41 AM
The whole place is buzzing with activity. A large hearth burns happily, warming the space. A small band plays festive tunes to the customers, getting a few tips flipped into a collection tray for their bother. People chat, eat and drink at the round wooden tables, a low rumble of voices as the music plays on.

Servers go around the full-up tables with trays of dishes and steaming food and mugs of ale. But they all look far too busy to stop and chat, so you move further into the building - round tables and chairs and people bustling about.

By the back of the room there is a counter with a couple of workers serving people sat at the bar. A woman leans against the wall behind them, overseeing everything that goes on. As servers go by on their trips to and from the hectic kitchens they look at her uneasily, but not for too long.

Her rich looking clothes marks her as someone high up here, and you can safely assume she's the innkeeper. She turns to you as you speak, nodding her head.

"Many of my workers have taken ill," she says haughtily, looking down her nose at you. "I normally wouldn't bother accepting favours but..." she waves her hands to the many people around. "Needs must. I have a business to run - what is it that you want for your favour?"

Not knowing how to please her, I bow my head slightly. "A stay at the inn, please," I say. "What do I have to do?"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 158, 159, 160... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.