Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Vigy
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 127
Posted: 1/18/2019 at 7:37 PM Post #81
I guess lol.

I'm ok at drawing people, i just suck at legs and things like that. But I guess I could study legs and "things like that" for a bit.
Edited By Vigil on 1/18/2019 at 7:42 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 1/19/2019 at 1:42 AM Post #82
sorry I haven't been responding I had to study for finals >.< Anyways some suggestions and my own thoughts.

I really like the idea of a circus. You could have a lot of fun with that, it can be a very fun and easy slice of life thing. (perhaps a young griffi or sylesti recently joined and you follow it's life as it learns the trad i dunno)

I could also see an adventuring school thing (for some reason I just think harry potter without all the death and life threatening events every year 0.o)

I would however suggest like Limor said give everyone a job. Figure out specifically who can do what because each of your styles are different.

I would also highly reccomend that you keep the strips short. This does not have to be a seven page epic for each issue. They can even be just four short panel jokes or something. Think simple but fun.
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 1/19/2019 at 11:00 AM Post #83
Tis alright, Grape.

So we're back where we started where we can't decide which idea is better. They both would work fine.

We need to figure out everyone's strengths, but I'm not sure how we're going to do that. I suggested we all draw a Sylesti and decide which style we like best, but I'm not sure.

And of course it won't be a seven page epic. It's like the funnies in the newspaper.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 6:57 PM Post #84
We need to figure out dates for getting stuff down. And I suggest 4 pages per month, this will equate to a page per week like a lot of comics. We can also do little spoof comics around something happening on sylestia at the time or holidays (like in February have the story comic and like a valentines comic, similar to how Two Kinds had one shot holiday themed comics).
--
I think character designs should be in by February first. Sketches on Feb 14th. Then we have the rest of the month to shade, color, etc etc.
--
A page could be like 4 boxes per page, so all in all around 16 small boxes per month. I think this would be doable with a month time span. I could do sketches and shading myself, lineart if needed as well. I also think if we did a little 'holiday' one-shot this could just be a job set aside to one person per month who gets a break from the main story line and can work on their own little one shot
--
I myself would be willing to paint backgrounds. I have experience doing that and that would make anything with lineart (things we want to stand out) push forward.
--
Perhaps a magical carnival, combing mine and Grape's ideas.
--
Please make sure to read everything on this thread where discussion happens.
Edited By Limor on 1/23/2019 at 7:17 PM.
Vigy
Level 65
Trickster
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 7:13 PM Post #85
Hmm, I like the idea of it, but we also need to keep in mind that sometimes we might not be able to, like if we are grounded or without wifi, or just plain busy.

I think we should start designing characters, and I like the idea of a Harry potter type thing, but adventuring instead. But, maybe the Sylestis could be something different, as we can't have a hoard of characters, like maybe keep each frame with only 4 characters so it doesn't get to crowed.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 7:15 PM Post #86
Hmm I like that. And Grape did say the carnival could be fun, maybe we could merge the idea? Like a magical carnival exploring the fields of sylestia.
--
For the background I would be willing to paint every background. This would keep the lineart of characters forward and visible but still keep a pleasing background
Vigy
Level 65
Trickster
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 8:18 PM Post #87
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=71409&page=9#86
Author: Limor
Time Posted: 1/23/2019 at 7:15 PM
Hmm I like that. And Grape did say the carnival could be fun, maybe we could merge the idea? Like a magical carnival exploring the fields of sylestia.
--
For the background I would be willing to paint every background. This would keep the lineart of characters forward and visible but still keep a pleasing background

The carnival I think would just be to hard, because I really wanted to make a female student who was a complete rebel.. :)
And plus you don't stay at a carnival for more then a day lol.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 8:44 PM Post #88
Hmm I just feel like a school would be more difficult you know? Since you'll have to keep track of where everything is and work harder to make things consistent while with a carnival if you follow the carnival employees they tend to travel around. So you get more of a view of sylestia and you get to explore a wide range of landscapes, terrains etc. It would also be an easy way to keep the cast to a few people while in a school you'd need a lotof different side characters that do need to keep showing up.

But thats just me speculating also Living your plan for what to do when sounds good,however I would suggest trying to stockpile maybe one or two month's ahead so that if you do end up being late or something you have something to put in.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 9:11 PM Post #89
Yes exactly, once someone finishes doing their job they can start work on next months. That's also why I suggested monthly one shots made by 1-2 people, if the main story line has to get pushed back we'll at least have a one shot to throw out
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 9:12 PM Post #90
As stated by Grape above thats why I think we should do the Carnival, it has a lot more opportunities and can be taken to many different things with a lot more open ends to story lines
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.