Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:50 AM Post #1
I cannot believe that another year is over and that Sylestia has been up, running, and growing for over 6 years now! It's so crazy. I always enjoy writing these annual posts because it's usually one of the few times I sit down and actually can fully look over everything we have done in the past year. As the year unfolds, it's sometimes hard to grasp all of the little things that get added in or changed throughout the year and sometimes I sit there grumbling about how slowly we are progressing. However, sitting down and reviewing everything all at once in a thread like this, it makes it a lot easier to grasp just how much Sylestia changes and grows from year to year.

A Year in Review

In the past year, we have seen:

-Week of Love, Fortune Week, Easter Event, Spring Festival, Patriotic Event, Summer Festival, Fall Festival, Black Friday Event, and of course the Winter Festival.

-The release of the Lost Grove. While it definitely has not quite unfolded as planned, it has been a great learning experience all around and I do think it's been generally well received. Obviously, there have been a lot of shortfalls. But it's given us a ton of ideas for the future of what to do and what not to do; what works and what doesn't; and what you guys enjoy in action and what you don't. Without it, we would not have had nearly as much insight as we transition towards the future concepts of Sylestia.

-The introduction of Wild Stats. Again, something that hasn't quite fully come to fruition. But I think it's a great addition that will continue to evolve over time and further add to the excitement and rewards for going out into the world and capturing rare pets.

-The introduction of the Official Purebred tags for Offspring of Themed Pets.

-The release of the beloved Ferrikki species.

-The release of the incredibly long Lupora revamp.

-The release of over 650 new Avatar Items.

-The creation of 890,000 new pets.

-And last but most definitely not least, a massive growth in our community. We have had over 23,000 new players create an account this past year to try Sylestia out. In total, we had 20,000 players actively play Sylestia at some point throughout the year. I first started parsing daily statistics for playerbase information back in 2015. Back then, it was gauged that our active playerbase (meaning, has logged in within 2 weeks) was 1,300. Not only have we literally almost doubled that number at this point as we are currently averaging 2,400, but we now have more players log in every single day than what our entire active playerbase was just 3 years ago. During last month's festivities, we also broke our online-at-one-time record with 510 players online at a single moment. All in all, it has been incredibly exciting to watch our community continue to grow and grow.

What's Next?

First and foremost, we will be releasing this year's Winter Festival sometime this week. I will try to get things started by Wednesday, but there is still a lot that has to be done so I unfortunately cannot promise a start by that date. But it will definitely be active by this weekend. =)

In January, we will be looking to release not only a brand new updated Wardrobe, but also a ton of Avatar Base updates and new additions. I can't wait for this to be finished as it's something that has been incredibly long overdue.

For the Lost Grove, we will be releasing the next section which will include a ton of new content. We will also try and push through a couple more updates for the Lost Grove that have been in limbo for awhile now. We are also working on a brand new feature that will be showcased within the Lost Grove that we are excited to see how the community receives it as it is something we would like to incorporate into Sylestia as a core mechanic down the road.

Other things that are on the radar but nothing official has begun yet and I cannot make any promises for:

-Breeding Grounds overhaul
-Player and Pet Profile Page overhaul
-Hatchery overhaul

Other than that, our main goals for 2019 are:

-Finish up and finalize the Lost Grove
-Work to get more Pet Traits added in on a more consistent basis
-Work on our next species revamp (most likely either Faelora or Nytekrie)
-Begin laying the groundwork for Sylestia's Re-Release and End of Beta

Thank you for taking the time to read our annual anniversary review! We hope that you have enjoyed this year as much as we have and that you will be looking forward to all the new things that we will be working on over the next year! We hope to see you again in 365 days or so to be reading over our 7th Anniversary announcement post!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:52 AM Post #2
Thank you for all the hard work you and your staff does. We truly appreciate it more than we can express. And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:54 AM Post #3
thank you Krin, i will definitely be here next year. Little question, that wonderful wearable... I cannot find it anyone in my wardrobe
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:57 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=70744&page=1#3
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:54 AM
thank you Krin, i will definitely be here next year. Little question, that wonderful wearable... I cannot find it anyone in my wardrobe

It was handed out before I unlocked it in the Wardrobe. It should be there now. It's near the front of the Legendary Event Held items.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:57 AM Post #5
Will the main storyline for non-hardcore players ever resume? It's been. . . three? years now, and aside from the Lost Grove side area there's been no storyline advancement.

Congrats on six years! That's a long long time to be succeeding on the internet, and it just goes to show that Sylestia is more than just another flash-and-fade fad site. You've built something really amazing here. :D
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 7:01 AM Post #6
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=70744&page=1#5
Author: Asviloka
Time Posted: 12/17/2018 at 6:57 AM
Will the main storyline for non-hardcore players ever resume? It's been. . . three? years now, and aside from the Lost Grove side area there's been no storyline advancement.

Congrats on six years! That's a long long time to be succeeding on the internet, and it just goes to show that Sylestia is more than just another flash-and-fade fad site. You've built something really amazing here. :D

Ever resume? One thousand percent yes lol. It has been killing me not being able to continue that.

However, it most likely will not until after we re-launch and leave Beta.
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 7:02 AM Post #7
Ah thank you thank you, i see it now
Charlottespider
Level 66
Threads: 38
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 7:02 AM Post #8
Thank you very much krin. This site is very exciting. It grows and improves fast compared to other sites Ive played. I love it here.
Cornbeansoup
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 31
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 7:05 AM Post #9
This definitely has been one hell of a year with so many updates and content and I cant wait for the next one! Thank you SO MUCH Krin and Fae, for all the work you do into creating such an amazing community where we can all come together and appreciate every little bit of it! <3 So glad I joined those 3 years ago! Cant say Ive ever been happier. :)
Liria
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 7:06 AM Post #10
Thank you for all the hard work this year Krin and the admin Team! i love this game more than anything!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.