Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Genetics & Mutations
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
12mickeygirl
Level 63
High Priest
Threads: 22
Posted: 12/16/2018 at 1:34 AM Post #1
Can someone explain the whole genetics section on a pet's profile?
Such as on my pet, Zola. What does the different color text mean on the genes and mutations: the green, blue, and purple? Also the different letters in parentheses along with the yellow bar with the 10/10 & 100%?
Thanks for reading and helping.
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 72
Posted: 12/17/2018 at 10:16 PM Post #2
okay so the 10/10 bar with 100% displayed just talks about her food. so if she's been fed fully, it'll display 10/10-100%. if she's hungry, it'll drop to 9/10-90%. :)

different colored text means the trait is different. (yeah, obviously, get to the point.) so those that display in green are carried traits, which means that if she breeds with another Nixi that carries (or has visible) a trait in that same slot (G1, G2, M1, etc.), there's a possibility that their offspring would have a visible trait in that slot.

blue is a regular visible trait, which means that she displays it, and that if you breed her with another Nixi - even if he doesn't have a trait in that slot - their offspring may carry her visible trait.

purple occurs when they have both a visible AND carried trait in that slot (only about 82% sure, feel free to correct me if that's wrong). so their offspring may end up with one of two traits (or multiple, depending on how many the other parent has).

the letters in parentheses just tell you what genes/mutations your pet has. so on Zola, she has two green, two blue, and two purple. overall, 4 visible traits and 4 carried traits. i'll give an example with each of these.

G1 is (NA). so we know that 1) it is a carried trait. (two ways to tell: first, it's green. second, the first letter is N. that means Nothing, so there is no gene or mutation in that slot.) and 2) it is Banded Stripes. (other than reading that off of her profile, we know it's true because if we hop on over to the Generator and pull up a Nixi, the first gene in G1 is Banded Stripes [labeled AA].) now, a little tidbit on the Generator. if you play around on there, you'll see that when you have a trait set to Visible, it displays as (AA) or (GG) or whatever else. that is because it automatically occupies the dominant AND recessive trait slots. when you change that same trait to Carried, it displays as (NA) or (NG) or whatever else.

M2 is (JJ). so 1) it's visible, because there's no N included. 2) it's Spirit Flames, because that's what the Generator said. (the mighty, all-powerful Generator.)

G3 is (CI). this means that 1) she has two traits in this slot, 1 vis and 1 carried. 2) these traits are Life Runes (vis, which we know because it's listed first) and Star Runes (which we know from the Generator page).

(one last thing real quick: dominant vs. recessive. so just like human genetics, this game has dominant and recessive slots for each gene or mutation. for example, me. mom has brown eyes, dad has blue eyes. i ended up with blue eyes because my mother carried a recessive blue eye gene, and my dad only carried blue. so based on regular statistics, i had about a 75% of getting blue eyes, except after you account for the fact that brown eyes are significantly more dominant than blue, there was still a good chance i could end up with visible brown and carried blue. the game works the same way. Zola's G3 is (CI) which is listed that way because Life Runes is a dominant trait and Star Runes is recessive. thus, when her parents bred, she received the dominant trait as a visible and the recessive trait as a carried, resulting in the funky purple gene.)

i hope that helps! sorry if i got a little crazy, i love studying genetics and i get really excited when i have the chance to talk about it. let me know if you have any questions! :D
Edited By TopazWolf on 12/17/2018 at 10:18 PM.
12mickeygirl
Level 63
High Priest
Threads: 22
Posted: 12/18/2018 at 8:39 AM Post #3
Thank you so much!!! You have been great help!
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 72
Posted: 12/18/2018 at 3:30 PM Post #4
no problem! glad to assist :3

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.