Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Short-storytelling Contest! (Prizes Vary...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 34
Posted: 12/1/2018 at 6:36 PM Post #1
Welcome to my storytelling contest thread! I hope to reuse this thread in the future, with different prompts for each contest. Prompts may be to play off of certain songs, a spin-off story from a game or fandom, or just about a certain concept!

Contestants(14 Max):
1/14

Rules:
Maximum word count is 1,500. I read every entry, so don't extend it too far.

Story must follow the prompt. If it doesn't, your entry won't be counted.

Do your best with grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. To me, the easiness of the read is extremely important, and will count towards your overall placement. A few mistakes are dismissable, however.

A single entry per person.

Note that the entries are not connected, unlike the Storytelling contest hosted by Faiona.

Stories relating to fandoms under a non-fandom prompt are allowed, but for the sake of you and anyone else, I would suggest no ships, who knows what war would break out.

At the end of your entry, please tell me your top three picks for the eggs available, which are listed at the bottom of this post.

Ping me!

Story Prompt:
The prompt for this current contest is to make a short story off of this song: Of Monsters And Men - From Finner or Of Monsters And Men - Sinking Man

Contest Prizes:
1st Place: In addition to the participation prize, 2,000g, two eggs of their choice, and two breeding pairs of their choice.
2nd Place: In addition to the participation prize, 1,000g, one egg of their choice, and one breeding pair of their choice.
3rd Place: In addition to the participation prize, 500g and one breeding pair of their choice.

Pairs:
(Smaller images are offspring examples)

All Sylestis 6vis

Both Sylestis 4vis

All Participants: One of the following eggs: (Will breed after the contest is closed)

Avalible Eggs:
6vis Ryori (x5)
6vis Ny'Vene (x5)
6vis Faelora (x2)
6vis Vulnyx (x1)
6vis Puffadore (x1)
6vis Nephini (x1)
4vis Majestic Peacock Traits Griffi (x3)
Total eggs avalible: 18

Avalible Number of Participants:
Edited By Ithyr on 12/6/2018 at 7:55 AM.
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/1/2018 at 10:59 PM Post #2
Entries

Natalyag
We came to this new land on a back of a dragon. We were looking for a new land. Our island had been destroyed. Though we are far from home we are happy. Or at least as happy as we can be, with the earthquakes rocking the house and the flooding of are new homes. We were happy or it seemed we were. Every good day never ended well. Finner would say Keep your head up high and we did. Now day after day we would lose someone from chasms caused by earthquakes or drowning from floods. But still we stayed happy. No morning for the dead. Now all are gone but you and me. Oh, how time passes by. All alone, all alone, but happy.

Raiyenn
The cold nipped at her gloveless fingers, begging her to turn back. But it was too late, as she had already made her decision. This place simply wasnt home. Sure, the people here had always been kind to her, but deep down she knew; their smiles were simply a mask to hide their pity. She was sick. And here, thats all she would ever be.
Its a bit cold to be going out isnt it Orca? her neighbor asked, hiding their concern behind a warm tone and a saccharine smile.
Ill be back soon she said, the lie sweet like honey in her throat
She walked, calmly at first, towards the soft sandy beach she had known since she grew up. Soon, her footsteps hastened to a run. Her breath hung in the air like little white clouds, as her pale blond hair flew behind her in the cold winter wind. She had made it. She looked to the majestic beast that lay waiting in the depths of the water, and at last, truly smiled. Just out to sea was a beautiful blue whale, waiting just for her.
On the back of this whale, she set sail. She had no destination, no deadline, only a vast sea ahead of her, to do with what she would. So she made it her own. Building up spires of sea glass, she rose her own kingdom. With a crown of pearls, she made her claim as queen. By her side was her only true friend.
Since that day, many months have passed. Legend says if you watch the horizon on the coldest day of winter, you may see her. To this day, she smiles happily as she rules over her little kingdom of two.
Edited By Ithyr on 12/13/2018 at 8:37 PM.
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/2/2018 at 11:23 AM Post #3
Reserve
Edited By Ithyr on 12/2/2018 at 12:38 PM.
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/2/2018 at 12:38 PM Post #4
(Bump)
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/3/2018 at 5:26 PM Post #5
(Bumpity bump)
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/5/2018 at 6:00 PM Post #6
(Annnnd another bump)
Crazycats
Level 69
Corporal
Threads: 11
Posted: 12/5/2018 at 7:27 PM Post #7
Its short and based of the song. Enjoy

We came to this new land on a back of a dragon. We were looking for a new land. Our island had been destroyed. Though we are far from home we are happy. Or at least as happy as we can be, with the earthquakes rocking the house and the flooding of are new homes. We were happy or it seemed we were. Every good day never ended well. Finner would say Keep your head up high and we did. Now day after day we would lose someone from chasms caused by earthquakes or drowning from floods. But still we stayed happy. No morning for the dead. Now all are gone but you and me. Oh, how time passes by. All alone, all alone, but happy.
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/6/2018 at 7:39 AM Post #8
(Bumpity Bump)
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/6/2018 at 7:38 PM Post #9
(Bump)
Ithyr
Level 35
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 12/8/2018 at 12:04 AM Post #10
(Bump)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.