Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Sharing and Design Discussion > arti's theme/random design thread
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 3:48 PM Post #1
this is a thread to list my theme designs, along with random ones. do not steal them! i will be extremely unhappy if my ideas are taken. just don't do it. nobody likes their work being stolen and used by someone else.

~~ feel free to make suggestions ~~

o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o`o

VVV links to previous festival designs will go here VVV

Fall Festival 2018
Winter Festival 2018
Spring Festival 2019
Summer Festival 2019
Fall Festival 2019
Winter Festival 2019
Spring Festival 2020
Fall Festival 2020
Winter Festival 2020
Spring Festival 2021

themes that i have designed:
- Frosted Forest Ferrikki (Fall 2018, originally named Permafrost)
- Frosted Soil Qitari (Fall 2018)
- Frigid Night Kelpari (Winter 2018, originally named Clear Night)
- Lovely Lavender Griffi (Spring 2019)
- Coral Reef Ferrikki (Summer 2019)
- Rough Seas Morkko (Summer 2019)
- Vengeful Demon Draeyl (Fall 2019)
- Deathberry Ferrikki (Fall 2019)
- Penguin Aurleon (Winter 2019)

thread glossary:
WIP Theme Designs
Next Spring Festival
Next Summer Festival
Next Fall Festival
Next Winter Festival
The Way I Design
A Short/Simple Guide to Themed Pet Designing (my way)
My Favorite Designs from My Entries
Design Polls

Art's Chosen Designs (for reference)
All Possible Projects
WIP Post
WIP Post
Monster Hunter Ideas
Official Themed Projects
Edited By Articu on 4/14/2021 at 10:54 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 3:48 PM Post #2
back to first post
VVV current wip festival designs for contests will go here VVV

whiteout/frost sentinel ferrikki

sunlit forest ferrikki

seafoam nytekrie
Edited By Articu on 2/15/2021 at 1:14 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 3:49 PM Post #3
back to first post
Spring Festival 2022

Edited By Articu on 4/23/2021 at 10:12 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 3:49 PM Post #4
back to first post
Summer Festival 2021

tropical aurleon

margarita bulbori

dusky sands ferrikki

ultraviolet griffi

leafy sea dragon kelpari

sandchaser luffox

tropical magic lupora

tree frog nephini

drifting jellyfish ny'vene

firefly squid sylvorpa

anaconda vulnyx

playful koi zolnixi
Edited By Articu on 5/21/2021 at 11:30 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 3:49 PM Post #5
back to first post
Fall Festival 2021

shadow-touched ferrikki

nephilim ryori

grape vulnyx
Edited By Articu on 5/3/2021 at 11:25 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/10/2018 at 2:51 PM Post #6
back to first post
Winter Festival 2021

seraph lupora

nougat vulnyx
Edited By Articu on 2/16/2021 at 8:38 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/10/2018 at 2:52 PM Post #7
back to first post
how i design things (design help in a form, i guess)

i figured that some players might like help to up their chances of getting picked for festivals, or just designing in general. so, i will make a post on how i design. in this post, i will include the steps i take when i come up with a random design, a project design, or a theme design. i usually use the same steps for each, but they vary depending on which i'm doing. this is also the only post that will have normal-sized text xD. please note: i don't think anyone else uses my terminology for things, and if they do, it's likely to be in a wholly different way. just keep this in mind as you read.

what differences are there between general, project, and theme designs?

to me, general designing is a way to test myself and what i can do, or just a random spark of inspiration ((or, more commonly, i do it out of sheer boredom)). these are the designs i have public. if i like a color scheme, i save it for later, and do not post it as public. i also try not to save color schemes that i consider decent as public, because then people use them without permission, and i really don't like that :').

i put a little more thought into project designing. project designing is when i come up with a dye scheme for a pet ((typically pairs, legendary tamed pets*, or pets that i just think need to get changed up*)) that i will either keep to show off or turn into a project to sell. these are usually based off of my personal interests, or something that i think would look nice in general.

and last we come to theme designs. i devote a lot of time and thought to these, because they are a way to push myself and improve. personally, i view them as a culmination of all my efforts to learn what looks good and catches peoples' eye. i don't care so much for the reward of being picked as i do for the delight of knowing that people like them. theme designs are my way of trying to make others happy.

* - i have a small line of legendary/max stat dye schemes on my profile, if you want an example

so, how do i do my theme designs? what steps do i take?

first, i take into consideration on when i want to design for a theme contest. i typically have some prepared ahead of time. but anyways, i don't like to be stressed when i do a theme design. i like to be relaxed, because the ideas and inspiration come easier. keep in mind that your feelings, as well as the time, may play a big role in how you design.

second, i think about what season it's for. what are some things that relate to it, whether it be plants, animals, foods and drinks, phrases, weather phenomena, and even feelings? let me tell you right now: i get absolutely nowhere if i'm not inspired. you also need to think about the species you're designing. what colors can go where to best show what i mean? would a different species suit this theme better?

and third. the actual designing itself. this is where everything you know comes into play. be prepared, and you will succeed :).
Edited By Articu on 12/18/2018 at 8:00 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/10/2018 at 4:07 PM Post #8
back to first post
designing a themed pet

this post shows how i generally design for theme contests. for this demonstration, i will use a pet that i find easy, and one that i find challenging. the one that i find easy is the ferrikki. the one that challenges me is the morkko. but first, i will give a little essay on colors.

colors are the foundation of a design. if you don't have good colors, you won't have good results. consult a color wheel if you want help to know what colors look good with each other; colors opposite each other ((i.e. red and green, violet and yellow, blue and orange, etc.)) will contrast with each other the most. if you put a dark blue, use paler shades of orange. a lighter violet should have light yellows and golds with maybe a bright dandelion yellow, depending on how you go about it. keep this is mind as you design, because just one color can make or break a great design.

now, let's get started. for the ferrikki, we will take the route of a watermelon. for the morkko, we will do a morpho butterfly.

for the ferrikki, i will go with a dull green base. the morkko will have a dusty brown base. i find it easier to choose a color (on the inspiration) that will show the other colors the most.

~ once you choose a gene or mutation color, be sure it works with the rest of the colors, as well as all of the traits in that one slot, along with others. this is very important. ~

in the honor of watermelon, i am choosing stripes. for the butterfly... i don't know what traits i'm using. just thought it looked nice. sometimes you need to go with your gut; this is what i did here. for colors, it's easier to make either genes or mutations look the closest to some of the actual colors. if you do this for one, it leaves you with more wiggle room in the other color slots. so in my watermelon designs, i will stick with lighter greens, and a red for the orb. The morkko will have dusty and dull-looking colors for its genes to stick to the browns (apart from the runes, because then they'll pop on the brown).

~ the mutations you choose to use will also play a decently sized role in how it looks. ~

now we're cooking! because i stuck close to watermelon colors on the genes, i am able to vary a bit more in the mutation colors. because the morkko has browns, blues and blue-greens are the easiest (and obvious) choice for the mutations.

some things to remember:
- trust your gut
- relax, and if you get stressed, take a break
- have fun
- you won't always get picked. but have faith, and you will eventually :)
- contrasting colors aren't always across from each other on the color wheel (i.e. violet and green)
Edited By Articu on 12/29/2018 at 11:17 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/10/2018 at 5:21 PM Post #9
back to first post
my favorite designs that i've come up with (themed contests)
Edited By Articu on 4/23/2021 at 10:11 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/10/2018 at 5:22 PM Post #10
back to first post
art's chosen theme designs (for reference)

frosted forest ferrikki (fall 2018)

frosted soil qitari (fall 2018)

frigid night kelpari (winter 2018)

lovely lavender griffi (spring 2019)

coral reef ferrikki (summer 2019)

rough seas morkko (summer 2019)

vengeful demon draeyl (fall 2019)

deathberry ferrikki (fall 2019)

penguin aurleon (winter 2019)
Edited By Articu on 12/23/2019 at 4:12 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.