Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Winter Festival - Pet Trait Design
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Go to Page:
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:29 PM
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the 2018 Winter Festival (Coming in December)! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!
1. Design a pet gene or mutation for only the following species: Aurleon, Draeyl, Ferrikki, Griffi, Kelpari, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nephini, Ny'vene, Puffadore, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your trait, come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.
2. You must draw the trait on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your mutation. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.
3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Winter themed.
4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.
5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.
6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.
7. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your trait idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes. To clarify, an entry can encompass multiple Trait Slots. As an example, say your entry is a Butterfly set for a certain species. Your entry can include Butterfly Wings, Butterfly Antennae, Butterfly Armor, etc. Species are all different with their Trait Slots so we're looking more at design ideas and not strictly Trait Slot submissions.
8. The end date is November 18th at 11:59 PM server, after that there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.
I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)
All entries that are picked will have the trait created and the designers will receive a Mystical Essence of their choice. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.
Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
You know, I like the normal neph wings, but it's a shame we can't see it on a 6v. So how about having a non-different wing trait in the M1 slot - Diamond Dust(M1)
Aurleon - Crane (G2)
Ferrikki - Galactic Halo(M3)
Puffadore Trait Set - Samurai's Stars(G3), Samurai's Katanas(M1), Samurai Helm(M2)
Lupora - Cactus Armor(M1)
Edited By Theafy on 11/18/2018 at 8:34 PM.
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:32 PM
Lunemara Gene Two--the G2 color is cyan in this image.
Nephini Pearl Armor/Jewelry
Qitari Gene Three Wide Stripes--seriously, it is hard to come up with new G3 traits.
Zolnixi Wings--Dragon Wings? Bat Wings? Flying Fox Wings?
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 11/4/2018 at 3:38 PM.
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:42 PM
Luscious Beard Qitari
Edited By Lenore on 11/18/2018 at 9:25 PM.
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:43 PM
Kelpari - Crystal Gems
Luffox - Tuxedo
Sylvorpa - Iridescent Colorpoint
Edited By Savynn on 11/18/2018 at 11:43 PM.
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:46 PM
Sylvorpa Paint (Baused off of Zolnixi Paint)
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 4:11 PM
Savannah Terrarium (the white dots represent fireflies) Feather gene is Firefly Tracks, body gene is Freckled Stars. And lastly, firefly wings! The bottom wings are transparent and the top part i decorated with swirls :)
The bright colors are gems. The lighter part of the saddle is transparent, and supposed to represent a fin.
Royal Intricacy G1, Enchanted flowers M3, Dreamcatcher wingraps M1
This is a fullbody g1 trait. The white is c1 and masks c2, c2 becomes the fading highlight color. The mane grey color would be gc1
Steampunk Sailboat fins, tail, and goggles. Those details are compasses x2, a string of beads, a note in a bottle, and a few feathers. The body gene is Pirates Mark. Its kind of a tattoo xD haha, there is an anchor, a skull, cross bones, and rope. Oh and a mermaid tail!
Eygyptian Regalia has a tassel headpiece and decorative armor and cuffs. Heiroglyphs runes sit on top of gc1 which is a fade of black over grey. They spell out Griffi and Sylestia on both legs *they are meant to be a fullbody trait, but may have to switch to g3 slot..
Kiddie Kite Wings and Tritone fade (G1 or G2). The wings root off an anatomically incorrect floooofy arm with a floooofy paw shaped fluff that has a lot of toes, and it has a lot of ribbons and bows flying off majestically. The gene would take from g1 or g2 colors, whichever slot.. and c1 for the head, and c2 for the mid colors. I imagine if it was in the g2 slot that any g1 trait would show up on the head part of the fade (white) and fade out into the c2 section (peach)
G1 Yorkshire Terrier inspired by my dog
Edited By Watercolors on 11/7/2018 at 8:20 PM.
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 4:42 PM
Winter Wind - Mutation Three - Zolnixi
Okay, so not the best example. I just had an idea for having snowflakes and a light breeze flowing around the Zolnixi. And possibly little sparkles floating around as well.
Edited By Mintleaf on 11/4/2018 at 6:39 PM.
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 5:14 PM
Resubmitting a lot of mine.
Glassy Wings (All light parts are transparent)
Sunken Treasure or Pirate Jewelry
Magnificent Mane--It's the Qit's Luxurious Locks for Lups. XD