Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Fall Festival - Storytelling Day 13
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 22, 23, 24 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/29/2018 at 11:57 PM Post #31
Quiet hoofs took a step closer to Zima, "Hush little one", whispered Darkfire, you are very much in danger, I know your council and kind try to disregard the Coven, but they do it at their own peril. The Coven maybe quiet during most of the year.... but this time, when the leaves change color and winter is around the corner. They are very active. They are looking to capture siblings and sacrifice them to their unholy gods. You and any other of your littermates are in grave danger.

How do you know so much? Zima asked. Darkfire ruefully said.... I have been tracking them for many years. My brother, Pippin, had lost 2 friends, Kyra and Vaeri to the Blood Cascade Coven. Always it was the week before Halloween. Pippin will no longer talk about it, but we have spent the last year studying and tracking down the Coven. Soon it will be time for action, but for now.... I want you to know, Zima, I believe you and want to protect you from harm.
Kenywi
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 33
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 12:00 AM Post #32
"Of course, I'll help you, Zima, I am the renowned Vulock Holmnyx and it would be my honor to assist you! Now Miss Zima could you please tell me what happened on that unfortunate night?"

"OH thank you Mr. Holmnyx. Well, Zuri and I were talking about what we should do for the Fall Festival. We were giggling and purring about all the costumes we could do when Zuri just stopped walking and got this strange look on her face. I mean her whiskers and ears just stood straight out, well after about a minute or two she suddenly snapped out of it and got all excited.

"I've got the greatest idea," Zuri said. Why don't we go as a Blood Cascade Witch!"

"Zuri we can't do that. You know what they say happens to Vulnyx that does such things."

"OH, Zima you're such a scaredy-cat! It's just an old Manx tale to scare us, this could be a lot of fun an no one else will have the same costumes as we do!"

"Well that is true," I said. "We might win the most original costume even."

We started talking about idea's and what we should do and we really weren't watching where we were going. Then Zuri tripped and fell into a puddle of this black ooze and really smelled bad. I was just poking fun at her when I said if she came into town like that someone would write a really bad song about her called Smelly Cat and she got so mad and then....
Edited By Kenywi on 10/30/2018 at 12:01 AM.
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Threads: 96
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 6:17 AM Post #33
The circle of Morkko around Zima shook their heads in unison. The head Morkko stood up and gave her a look of quiet sympathy.

"I am sorry little one, but we cannot help you. It would provoke conflict between us and the Vulnyx Council. I'm afraid that is too much of a risk to take. You can stay tonight, but I would encourage you to keep going. There are many rogues in these woods that would take you in."

Zima's eyes were pleading, but she eventually let two guards lead her to a small den in the Morkko camp. Suddenly, a young Morkko burst into the den. Zima jumped back in fear, eyes wide. The Morkko held a claw to her mouth and beckoned for Zima to follow her outside. Once they were far enough from the camp, she turned.

"I know who they are! That coven that you mentioned? They've taken our cubs before. We could work together! If you and I helped bring them back, you'd get your sister and maybe," she paused, "maybe the tribe would let me back in!"

"Let you ba--," Zima shook her head. It didn't matter. "I'd be glad to have you join me!"

"Thank you so much! My name's Kilan, by the way."

They both headed off into the forest, sneaking quietly, but still letting out a low laugh once in a while. Both were entirely unaware of the small pair of blood-red eyes watching them from a distance.
Edited By Happiness on 10/30/2018 at 6:22 AM.
Evieseriously
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 89
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 6:34 AM Post #34
Zima knew that the only chance she had to find her sister was to ask Old Wompwire. Everyone said that Vulnyx was crazy, but her aunt told her that he could be trusted in a time of great need, and she was desperate after all. She entered the shack of Old Wompwire with an offering in her jaws (as her aunt told her to do). Zima had doubts once she saw the old Vulnyx. He lay on the floor, fur gray, skin wrinkled, eyes blind. She snapped out of it and placed the shiny black feather at his paws. Before she could say anything he spoke, "Zima, sister of Zuri, you've come to seek my help. And what a beautiful feather you've brought me!" "How did you know all that?" Zima questioned quietly. "It's my job. I wont say more- you must hurry! North of The Dark forest, then west to the coast. In the caves you will find your sister!" Zima turned to leave but Wompwire stopped her with his last words, "Go now, as the sun is still high, for at night the Coven will return and I'm afraid you wouldn't live to tell the tale."

Zima couldn't let her fear stop her, Zuri was already in too much danger. She ran as fast as her paws could take her, pounding the ground until they screamed at her to stop; but she didn't- she couldn't. Through The Dark Forest she ignored every creepy branch, every lurking set of eyes, screams and hallowed moans. She would be brave for her sister. And brave she was. She went west to the coast and down a rocky path until she was facing the caves. Almost all looked the same, until she saw a soft glowing light come from the one nearest to her. She darted in, ears back and tail down. She gasped when she saw the room- black melted candles, a pedestal with an open book of glowing symbols. She snapped out of the phase as she noticed her sister locked in a small wooden crate, unconscious. She lifted up on her hind legs and came bashing down on the crate with her front paws, busting it easily. She snatched up her sister's scruff and ran. Under normal circumstances she didn't think she'd be able to run this much, this far. But she had to for Zuri. She ran and didn't stop until they were safe in their village.

(I had to edit because I suppose I didn't understand the rules, if we had to finish the story or just continue a part of it.
Edited By Evieseriously on 10/30/2018 at 9:37 AM.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 6:53 AM Post #35
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=68054&page=2#16
Author: Griffinquill
Time Posted: 10/29/2018 at 7:26 PM
So I'm confused on the rules. So we write a story based off what you wrote, correct? So where does our prompts come in?

Her story is the initial prompt, then each day she chooses a continuation from the submissions. That chosen story then becomes the basis for the next day's submissions.

The 'prompt' is the story itself that we write, which everything will continue from in a chain.
Yamato
Level 65
The Artistic
Threads: 68
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 8:28 AM Post #36

[Tonokotoa | Tanakatoa]
{Ferrikki Twins}

Tonokotoa sighed. "Well... I dunno... Seems a bit sketchy, helping a wanted convict..." he said. Tanakatoa hit him in the side with one of her tails, keeping a passive face while doing so. He yelped in surprise, his magical orbs popping out of the grips of his three tails. He quickly gathered them up, wrapping his fluffy tails around the fiery spheres. "Tana!" he hissed angrily.

"We'd be most glad to help you."
Tanakatoa said, smiling. She smiled. "Don't listen to Tonokotoa. He's the odd one. He can be unusually stubborn!" she laughed. "But he will help anyway he can. RIGHT TONO?" she said, giving him the stink eye.
"Yeah, sure. Whatevs. We'll help in anyway we can."
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 11:04 AM Post #37
Can I say this from Zuri's point of view? If so, ...

Zuri wandered across the barren hills. She knew it was dangerous, but she had to do this. For her sister, for her world. For their lives. As the scenery changed from ashen grey to pitch black, she took a deep breath. The time was coming. She took another deep breath and let out a low but loud hiss. She heard a clanking sound beside her. She turned her flame colored head to the noise, but other than that, she didn't move. If she did, she would break her promise. If she broke her promise, well, her sisters world would practically end. The clanking noise grew louder, and soon a big brown tom emerged from the shadows. "You've arrived." he said in a low drawl. "No one's here?" Zuri shook her head, and the tom nodded. "Good." he said. "Follow me." Zuri did without complaint. She promised she wouldn't violate rules. As she got hooked up to a big thorn that grew magically from the ground, she told herself she was doing this for Zima. The tom stepped back to admire his handy work. More dark and red creatures came from the shadows. The tom smiled cruelly as he stepped forward again. "Last words?" Zuri shook her head. Then he rushed at her and opened his mouth to give the final blow. Zuri didn't move. "No!" a shout suddenly rang out. Zuri saw her sister launch out of the shadows just as the tom smashed into her. The tom then swiveled to his companions, and they all disappeared. With weakening strength, Zuri looked at her sister. "What have you done?" she asked before falling into a deep dark sleep that she didn't know she'd get out of.

To be continued ... (If I can continue it, and how do you put the animals on here?)

P.S. Sometimes I get so carried away with telling the story, I pass the limit. Sorry if I did. I didn't check.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 10/30/2018 at 11:57 AM.
Redfeather1957
Level 62
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 1:34 PM Post #38

"I surely shall, young one. My name is Ko'kalak ... you certainly shouldn't be wandering about these parts of the wood. Rogue luporas have made a home in the dark valleys just to the West and nytekries silently swoop down from their perches when the moon is covered by silvering clouds.," the feather tailed zolnixi noticed the fear she had instilled in the azure eyed vulnyx and hurried out a swift "but they're a very uncommon occurrence.".Zima seemed to brighten up a bit after hearing those words; her tail lifted up from the ground and her melancholy air had lightened. Ko'kalak paused and stared above at the slither of a moon, it had a resemblance to the curled white down feather of an Aurleon. "And... of the Blood Cascade Coven I do not know. But I believe you. I don't know why. I honestly don't, but I feel as if Vaeluna has something in store.". The pale brown zolnixi's eyes were like deep golden wells of compassionate gloom as she observed Zima's posture. One that told of a deep rooted sadness, anguish, anxiety but a small glimmer of hope in her sapphire irises. A foreign, vague thought crossed her mind, like the elusive smell of a primrose... but it was gone before she could acknowledge it. It was always said that zolnixis could converse with spirits. Perhaps it was true...
Edited By Redfeather1957 on 10/30/2018 at 1:34 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 2:38 PM Post #39
I have chosen the new prompt for the continuation of Finding Zuri! Thank you everyone that has participated so far! It was a really tough choice and I hope that those that didn't get chosen will continue to enter, as I am super excited to see where our story goes! :)

I have updated the front page of this post with the new entry, please make sure that you are writing your new entries to continue based on this story.

Please put Spotted Kittens at the top of your post so that I know you're aware that you are replying to the new prompt. Thank you!

Click to View to Full Story

Day 2 Prompt

By Elleshie

Yae

Oh no! I am so sorry that something like that has happened to you. Your sister disappears, nobody will believe you, and then they even blame you?! That is dreadful! Truly dreadful!

I believe you, Zima, for whatever it's worth. I'm just confused about why you would come to me for help. You do realize I'm just a teeny, tiny Lunemara caterpillar, right? I'm no good at tracking or investigating, let alone fighting a whole coven. I can't even fly yet! The only thing I do is hang around and eat leaves.

Oh, don't make that face, please. I didn't say I wouldn't help you! I just don't think I'll be any good at it. But I know someone who would! The Hunter in the Shadows! I've heard others say that the Hunter can find anything and anyone. It doesn't matter how difficult or impossible the task seems, the Hunter always finds them. The Hunter will find Zuri!
Edited By Krinadon on 10/30/2018 at 2:41 PM.
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 2:50 PM Post #40
Spotted Kittens.

I am the Hunter in the Shadows. Little ones, who have both come so far to ask for my help, tell me. Do you know why I hunt in the shadows?

It is because I'm made the the shadows themselves.

But that is neither here nor there.

Equally the stuff of legends are the characters in the plot you tell me, Zima. The Blood Cascade Coven! You say it is an elder's tale, but, do not all children's stories find their roots in reality? We ryori, we too have tales of this coven, though no one in living existence have ever seen it. So, who better to find a ghost, than a ghost himself? I will help you, little ones.

But first, were does our search begin? Enigmatic Grotto? Faerina's Shrine? We cannot find an end, unless we go back to the beginning.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 22, 23, 24
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.