Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Fall Festival - Storytelling Day 13
Page 21 1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Amberfur
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 91
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 8:48 PM Post #201
Ryori
Im not sure that we can trust him. Yae muttered as Zima started to pad forward.
What choice do we have? Zima asked, starting to quicken her pace and leave Yae behind. Zuris out there and we have to find her! Yae let out a deep sigh before scuttling after his friend.
Zima trotted up to the Warrior, Yae trailing behind. The ryori gave a nod before leaping into the dark underbrush of the forest, Zima and Yae following cautiously.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 10:04 PM Post #202
(Major apologies for my absence. My husband had pneumonia.)

Ryori.

Zima gasped in shock, "But how did you know about my sister Zuri."
The Ryori looked at her with wise eyes, "One does not live this close to danger, without knowing all that happens in the territory. I heard the coven as they passed mocking thier young prisoner, who was stubborn in her belief that someone would come to rescue her."
Yae looked at the ryori curiously. "Do you think we are strong enough to beat the Blood coven?"
The ryori blinked at her, "Where we are going strength will be useless. It is stealth and wit that will win the day. Now we must hurry. We have a long wat to travel and only a short time to get there...if we wish to arrive before it is too late."
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 11/23/2018 at 9:33 AM Post #203
Ryori

Zima looked at the ryori. 'Are you telling the truth?' She asked as she stumbled to keep up.

The ryori nodded, going forward. 'I did tell you we had to hurry. Are you coming?' He asked, never allowing down. Zuma looked art Yae with a tad bit of worry.

You're leading is in a trap, aren't you?' She asked, struggling to find sturdy for holds in the slickening road. It had started to rain a tiny bit ago. The ryori growled ominously.

' no questions. Just keep going. He said, urging them forward. ' the sun rises. '

Zuma wondered if that was a code or something, for the next moment, a Bush rustled, and Zuma jumped. The ryori continued, unafraid.

Then the whole forest turned into a cacophony of noises, as multiple animals ambushed them. The ryori quickened his pace, Soon leaving the hatchings In the mayhem off the trap.
Redfeather1957
Level 62
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/23/2018 at 10:53 AM Post #204
Ryori

Yae huffed and sat up, inspecting their surroundings for no real reason before returning back to her seated position. "Zima?" she whispered, a quaver of doubt in her high-pitched voice. Zima hummed a yes in response. "I really don't think this is wise...". Zima slowed her pace slightly, despite the warrior's previous words imploring them to hurry. "Why? Yae- what's got you so worked up? The Hunter told us to find him and... well, here he is.". Yae shuffled about nervously "Yes, that's just the thing. Where's he gone?". Zima looked forward up the pathway to try and spot the mysterious ryori. He'd vanished. "Oh- oh no. Where's he gone?" Zima hesitated, a thought forming in her mind "He's a ryori... he can become shadows, a phantom. Why, he could be anywhere...".

Suddenly, the pair of hatchlings heard the same sibilant, hollow voice that belonged to the warrior. "Why, yes. I could be anywhere... but-" it stopped. A second later Zima and Yae saw him reappear about two metres infront of them. "I'm right here." he laughed, a strange sight was a ryori laughing. "What did I say, child? I know many things... your thoughts, your feelings. You did not trust me and ...you still do not, but... I ask you, lunemara. Why? Why do you plant seeds of doubt in your friend's mind? I was merely showing you the way to your destination. When I disappeared I was searching the area for danger in my phantom form. Those vorkids disappeared because I put a vanishing spell on them- I would not let young ones such as yourselves see such a gruesome sight! Lunemara, how did you come to know of the Hunter? How did you come to find this young vulnyx? Dumb luck was it? Or are you not quite what you make out to be?". Yae scowled as the Warrior finished his sentence. "Young vulnyx, I implore you do not speak a word... instead listen to what your friend has to say...".

Word count: 298, sorry for going over!
Edited By Redfeather1957 on 11/24/2018 at 7:08 AM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 4:42 AM Post #205
Day 13 Prompt

Hello everyone! This upcoming entry will be the last for the story. Because of that the word limit will be lifted, so write your hearts out to finish it up.

Also there is going to be a special prize for everyone that participates for the last entry, you will receive a Wheel of Themed Ticket. Also everyone that has already gotten their entry chosen, will receive one so that it's fair. :)

Please put the word Savior at the top of the post so I know that you are replying to the current version of the story.

Click to View to Full Story

By Asviloka

Wandering on their own wouldn't accomplish anything. Even if Zima harbored doubts about his trustworthiness, even if she felt more than a little afraid, she wouldn't give up. She'd come this far, she wasn't going to abandon her sister.

Zima hurried to catch up. The mysterious Ryori continued forward as though nothing had happened.

"What happened to Zuri?" Yae asked. "If you know so much, you must know how this all started."

"Obviously," the Ryori replied. "Why else would I seek you out? But it's unwise to share all that one knows. Especially in a wild place such as this. Anyone could overhear."

Zima glanced fearfully at the trees around them, wondering who or what might be there. Watching. Listening.

But Yae wasn't so easily distracted. "Why do you need our help to save her, if you can fight so well on your own?"

The Ryori laughed softly, in that way older creatures did sometimes when they thought you were being foolish. Zima bristled. She didn't like that kind of attitude.

"Why?" Yae persisted.

"There are other forces at work beyond the mere physical. You, Lunemara, are unnecessary. But one whose blood is the same, ahhh, she will be instrumental in thwarting those who would harm Zuri."

Zima shivered. "But we can save her? Right?" Her voice came out faint.

"If you are strong enough to do what is required," the Ryori said cryptically. "There will be a cost, one you must pay. But yes. We can save her."
Thunderclancat28
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 5:18 AM Post #206
Savior

"Well, what's the cost?" asked Zima impatiently. They had been traveling for a week. They could see the Beyond lands now. They were dusty and muddy.

"We are here." the Ryori avoided the question and pointed to a dark tunnel. "This will bring us to the volcano and Zuri. Best to be on your guard. We aren't the only ones here." He threw a rock into the tunnel and with no booby traps triggered, they walked on.

Yae yelled as they turned a bend to "Duck!" Zima trusted her friend and ducked. She pulled the Ryori with her and fluffed up her fur. Twin blades sliced over their heads.

"Thanks Yae," Zima breathed a sigh of relief.

"How did you see that coming?" asked the Ryori. His tone was that of disbelief.

"Easy" Yae said with confidence. "The slits in the walls."

They ran on and came to Zuri's cage. The Ryori picked the lock and she ran out and hugged her sister. "Go, go. You tripped an alarm when you opened my cage door."

They all sprinted back through the tunnel and kept running until they were exhausted. They were Umbra Forest now. They had left the Ryori a couple of hours ago. They got home, dusty and dirty and the Umbra Forest Vulnyx council heard their story. They said they would be more alert from now on, But i didn't believe them. The Ryori asked Yae to be his apprentice, and she accepted. I like adventure, but not that much!
Edited By Thunderclancat28 on 11/25/2018 at 5:19 AM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 6:14 AM Post #207
Savior

``What cost? I will do anything! I must save Zuri!`` She cried.

``You shouldn`t be too sure after you hear the price you will have to pay.`` He droned on.

``Try me,`` she said fiercely. ``Like I said, nothing is too much a price to pay for Zuri.``

``Well, if you insist on knowing, you will be required to make a special sacrifice. It will involve a spell, one to find her specific location. While I have the majority of the ingredients here, the two most important ones are missing.``

``And they are?`` Zima asked impatiently. ``Where can we get them?``

``At this moment, both of those ingredients are standing before me.``

Yae gasped, paling as she understood what he meant. Zima, on the other hand, did not know why Yae had suddenly turned pale, or what the Ryori meant.

``If they are right in front of you, why don`t you just get them?`` She wondered out loud.

``That is because the ingredients we need is your left eye and a vial of your blood.``

``Eh? Haha, funny joke. Get serious already.``

``I am deadly serious. Are you willing to sacrifice your left eye for your sister? If not, stop wasting my time and leave at once.``

Zima gulped, trudging over to Yae to have a quick discussion about the strange new circumstance they found themselves in. After a minute of readying herself, Zima returned to stand before the Ryori.

``Yes. I am willing to give you my eye and some blood as long as it will be used to save my sister.``

``Ok then. Lets get started on this spell immediately.``

Zima sat with Yae, watching as the Ryori hustled around, grabbing herbs and crystals and depositing them into his portable cauldron. After finding everything he needed, he mixed everything around with a thick stick. Once he had completed the first stage, he beckoned Zima over. She gulped, quite nervous and afraid, but walked over anyways.

The Ryori held up a small glass vial, and a small clean knife.

``Now, this will hurt, but only for a second.``

Zima nodded, closing her eyes as the knife gently jabbed into the crook of her front leg. Before she knew it, a fresh white bandage covered the small wound, and a small amount of her blood was being added to the brew.
It bubbled, coming into the second stage. The Ryori began to chant, readying the potion for as soon as her eye was placed into. After completing his incantation, he approached Zima again. He rubbed her shaking arms, showing the first sign of genuine kindness they had seen in him since they had met, and raised the knife over her eye socket.

``This will be done quickly, I swear. I have a special potion here to take the pain away, so do not fear.`` He plunged his hand down.

She barely felt it, instead noticing the sudden darkness, the darkness that would remain with her forever now.

She felt a soft, furry hand rubbing sometime of ointment over her newly empty socket, the arm of said hand shivering. She slowly opened her right eye, finding a shocked Yae staring directly at her. Zima smiled a bit to reassure her, letting her know that she was ok.

A loud plop resounded from near the cauldron as an eye was dropped into the mixture. Sparks were immdiately emitted, bright and colourful. They raced into the sky above, forming a map. Zima and Yae gazed in wonder at the red dot that symbolised where Zuri was. She had been so close this entire time. After quickly wrapping Zima`s head with a soft cloth, Yae and Zima rushed in the direction of the dot. They were determined to end this adventure and rescue Zuri.

After a few minutes of stalking towards Zuri`s location, they spotted a large dungeon-like building. They crept towards it, not finding anyone around it, and slowly inched inside. They tip-toed through the entrance, finding a large corridor. They slowly walked through it, not a single soul was in sight. It was eerily quiet. They continued to make their way through, getting closer and closer to Zuri`s location. Finally, they found the place where the red dot had shown them.

It was a large, dark cell. The concrete floor was filthy, the walls stained. In the center, a body lay. Still, unmoving. Closing her eye and letting out a soft prayer, Zima knocked the door open and approached the form. It was Zuri.

A single tear slid down her cheek as she shook her sister. There was no movement to indicate she was breathing or even alive at all.

Yae stood by the door, cursing under her voice at the unfairness of everything.

Zima sank next to her sister, and began to cry. Suddenly, a loud noise echoed through the cell. She quickly got up, prepared to fight. No one entered, nothing seemed different. She was about to pass it off as her mind playing tricks, when it happened again. She looked down in wonder at Zuri`s now steadily moving chest. Loud snores rumbled out of her throat as she slept. Zima began crying again out of happiness before shaking Zuri awake.

``Mhmmm, please leave me alone,`` she whimpered opening her eyes. She instantly recognised her sister.

``Oh golly gosh! Zima! What happened to your eye! Why are you here?`` She looked around astonished. ``I am still dreaming, arent I? There is no way you could be here.``

``No Zuri, you are wide awake. I came to rescue you.`` She sniffled, bringing her sister into a gentle embrace. ``I missed you so much. It`s time we went home.``

They both walked to the entrance of the cell, meeting Yae and together, they left the strange dungeon, never looking back.

Their laughter and joy echoed throughout the land, finding the Warrior, and changing his face into a gentle grin. It reached the Hunter, she chuckled slowly, knowing they had succeeded. Finally, it reached their den mother, and she began crying out in joy. They would all be together again.

(That kinda got unintentionally dark at several points. Whoops)
Edited By Shibui on 11/25/2018 at 2:57 PM.
Redfeather1957
Level 62
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 6:28 AM Post #208
Saviour

Zima shivered again "What is the cost?" she queried, nervous of what she must do. The Warrior's honey hued eyes suddenly turned sad. To see a ryori show true emotion was a rare sight; both Zima and Yae exchanged looks of terrified bewilderment at his melancholy expression. "You must sacrifice something, little vulnyx, it must be" he gulped"... your own life." Zima gasped, her eyes lit with an emotion she couldn't explain. Was it sadness, anger, annoyance, apprehension? Yae was silent, staring straight into the warrior's miserable gaze. "This is what we must do to save Zuri?" she finally said. The Warrior nodded, a low-spirited air about him. Zima's azure eyes turned glassy as she came to a conclusion. "I'll do it.".Yae stared at her, mouth agape. The ryori paused before saying "You are sure you are willing to do this?". Zima whispered a faint "Yes. For Zuri. Yes I will.". The warrior smiled a barely visible, sad smile before bowing and nodding.
"You are the bravest sylesti I have ever come across, young one. I wish that this wasn't the only way. I truly do." he paused and rose from his bow "Now, swiftly we must go or all efforts shall be in vain." he didn't walk far infront of them anymore, he stayed by their side, rarely saying a word. None of them said anything at all as they carried on down the path through the Beyond Lands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A large crack in the face of a cliff came into view as they managed to finally leave the thick woodland they'd been travelling in. The sun was low upon the horizon, sending golden rays onto everything around them and casting long shadows across the hard, stony ground. "This is the Coven's base. We have got here just in time. We may say that Lady Luck is on our side..." the Warrior said, melancholy obvious in his voice. Yae sniffed, as if holding back tears "Hardly.". The lunemara shed a single tear as Zima whispered a weak:
"It's okay... it's all for Zuri, isn't it? It's worth it.". As she turned to face the crevace in the dying light, she heard the Warrior whisper "It's all for Zuri. We'll do this.". Zima turned, a delicate smile upon her face.
"Yes we will. The only question is," she turned to face her ryori friend "how?".
"We're going to have to sneak through the crevice, avoid guards and get to the central chamber. I've dealt with the coven before, I know how they work... this is all about stealth and precision. We're lucky to be here today as well. It's the new moon. The coven member's energy is drained during the new moon due to the lack of Vaeluna's rays, somewhat like luporas."
Yae wriggled forward "Why's that?".
The Warrior shook his head "I've no idea. They just draw their energy from the moon.". Yae nodded before querying "Shall we go now?". The Warrior stepped forward before murmuring:
"There's no time like the present.". As they entered the Coven's base the Sun set, leaving the world in shadows and darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stalactites hung from the grimy ceiling of the cavern. Rats ran across the ground, squealing and fighting over scraps of rotting meat that gave off a sickeningly repugnant smell that would make even the most stoic and proud ny'venes shudder. The narrow tunnel sloped steeply downwards, it seemed to go on forever. Down, down, down the travelled, trying to avoid littered bones sharp stones. "How much farther?" Zima questioned, alert for any danger that may come their way. "Not too far...," the Warrior replied "In fact we're nearly at the end of the tunnel now." as he said this they finally got clear of the dark, dismal passageway and found themselves in a square, stone-brick room. A single flickering torch was placed in a bracket upon the wall. "Finally, some light." Yae muttered as they stopped to collect their thoughts (and courage) in the aged chamber. The Warrior turned to look at them "If I remember rightly, the central chamber is down those flights of stairs.". He motioned with his tail, leaves whirling about him.

Cracked steps crumbled beneath their feet, small stones falling and breaking off into dust. "It seems no one's been here in a long time..." Yae whispered, clinging tightly onto Zima's bristling fur.
"The members of the coven rarely leave. I wouldn't be surprised if these steps hadn't been climbed or descended in over a decade... there are multiple entrances, they must've taken your sister through a different way." Zima grimaced at the thought of her sister being taken away by these blood thirsty vulnyxes.

At the bottom of the stairs was an archway. Ancient spiderwebs hung from it. "The central chamber is just past this room..." whispered their ryori friend. This room was very similar to the one they'd just come from. Square and dismal; a single torch lit the room with it's warm, flickering glow. Suddenly, a blood red vulnyx entered the room from a door to their left: a stone key hanging around his neck. It started to growl, a deep, throaty sound that made both Yae and Zima quiver in fear. The Warrior seemed calm and composed, assessing the situation, unperturbed. The ryori swiftly ran forward, ducking beneath the coven member and sliding behind him. He made quick work of the malicious, deep red vulnyx, stealing the key in the process and hanging it around Zima's far smaller neck. "Swiftly, young ones, if I'm correct she should be just down this hallway." he ran forward, Zima and Yae close behind and turned a sharp left and-yes! There she was. A vulnyx huddled up in a metal cage in the corner of the room. She had a few cuts and grazes on her neck, flank and legs but nothing too fatal or gory. "Zuri!" Zima exclaimed as she entered the decrepit chamber. Excitement was clear in Zima's azure eyes as she sprinted forward, shaking the key off her neck and unlocking the door to her sister's cage. "Zima? Zima? My god! You came! You came!" the slightly older vulnyx squealed, tears of joys welling up in her pale blue eyes as she leapt forward to hug Zima tightly. Yae and the Warrior looked on happily as the siblings reunited. The Warrior's sibilant, hollow voice gently rang out through the room, a smile evident on his face. "Young ones, we must be going... but, Zima...". Zima perked up, a serious expression forming "What?" she queried nervously. The ryori grimaced, all signs of joy had disappeared. "Zima, only one of you can leave the Beyond Lands...". Zima, Yae and the newly found Zuri's happiness faltered and left. "Only one?" Zuri whispered, her pale brown fur bristling and her icy blue eyes filling with tears. The Warrior nodded "Yes, I'm sorry-" Yae interrupted.
"So this has been for- for nothing?". Zima stepped forward
"Not nothing, Yae. I'll stay... I came here to save Zuri and if that means me having to stay then... I- I'll do it.". Zuri whimpered "No! It was my fault I got captured. I was walking outside the den on the blood moon. Mama told me not to, she said the Coven would get me but I didn't listen. Go back home Zima, you deserve it more than I do.". The Warrior shed a single tear as Yae wept several.Suddenly he stepped forward, a thought forming in his head, and whispered "My friends... there is another way. It isn't perfect but it is certainly better than one of you having to stay in this dismal hovel for eternity.". The others perked up immediately, eyes filled with hope. "I can transform one of you into a ryori. A wanderer never able to stay in one place.". Zima stepped forward and smiled weakly.
"I'll do it.". Zuri protested again but neither Zima or the Warrior took notice.
"You are sure? It cannot be undone."
"Yes. Warrior, please.". The ryori smiled again, bowed and said
"You needn't call me Warrior. My real name I shall give you. My name is Au'Rakal. Only the worthy get to know even of my name and, Zima, you are certainly worthy.". He rose from his bow and motioned for them to follow him.

They went back the same way they'd came, through square rooms and rat-infested tunnels. The stars shone bright in the inky back sky, not a cloud could be seen. The fresh air greeted them all kindly, enveloping them with t's grace and wonder. "Again, Zima, are you sure you wish to do this?".
"Yes. I certainly am, Au'Rakal. I am ready.".
"Then so be it." Autumnal leaves fell from the surrounding trees and wrapped themselves around the young vulnyx's form. Oranges, reds and ambers swirling about in a flurry of wind. Au'Rakal's eyes glowed with a strange light as he chanted in a language only known to the highest ranking ryoris could interpret. The wind suddenly stopped, leaves dropping to the floor as Yae and Zuri exclaimed in utter awe. In place of the young azure eyed Zima was an azure eyed ryori.

"Z-Zima?" Yae stuttered. The purple ryori smiled, astral garbs flowing in the cool breeze.
"Yes, Yae?" her voice was still the same, as were her mannerisms and speech.
"My God!," Zuri exclaimed in surprise "Why, look at you. My dearest Zima, you look so different!". The Warrior stepped toward Zima and said in a joyous tone "Are you well?". Zima beamed and chuckled in happiness.
"I certainly am! Au'Rakal, I thank you dearly.". Au'Rakal nodded
"It is my pleasure to travel with you on your journey Zima, Yae." he smiled warmly as he motioned for them to follow him out of the Beyond lands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The straw dens of their tribe came into view as the reached the zenith of a hill. "There! There it is! Home! Oh home- how utterly brilliant!" Zuri exclaimed in joy. Zima and her sprinted down the hill into the village, Au'Rakal in his phantom form running in the air above them whilst carrying the far slower Yae. "Mama! Papa! We're home! We're home!" Zima shouted this as they entered the village. "Zima? Zuri?" the voice of their parents could be heard as the entire tribe exited their huts to see what the ruckus was about. Au'Rakal morphed back into his physical form as the pair eventually stopped running. It would be an understatement to say that the tribe was surprised to see not only a lunemara but two ryoris with the still recognisable Zuri. "Zuri! My God, you're alright!" her mother cried as she hugged her tightly, her father in turn did the same. "Who are these two?" the leader questioned, eyes confused and slightly wary. "This is Zima.". Zima stepped forward and smiled brightly "Hello mama, papa.". She silently leapt forward to embrace her parents in a tight hug. "How? Why- you- you're a ryori! How can that be?!" her mother questioned, eyes alight in joy in both her kits return. Zima turned to face the leader of the Vulnyx Council, scowling in anger. "The Blood Cascade Coven is real. I've been there. We've been there. And you didn't believe me. You thought I'd killed her! My own sister!" Zima composed herself before continuing "Me, Yae and," she paused, remembering to not say Au'Rakal's name in front of other company "the Warrior saved her. But only one of Zuri and I could leave the Coven alive so... he turned me into a ryori. A being that is not quite dead yet not quite alive. In limbo. I am now sworn to wander Sylestia. A ryori can never stay in a single place and a ryori can never break a promise." she smiled at the end of her sentence as Yae and Au'Rakal came forward to stand level with Zuri and herself. Her azure eyes gleamed in the light of the firepit's flickering light. "Yae, Warrior. I thank you greatly for returning my daughters home." Zuri and Zima's father said. Yae bowed and smiled"It was no problem, sir.", Au'Rakal did the same. All retired to the firepit to tell the entire tale of their journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two months had passed and Yae had grown into a fully fledged lunemara.

Pale golden rays shone down onto the land as Zima, Yae and Au'Rakal got ready to leave to unknown places and strange lands. "Mama, papa, my dearest Zuri. A ryori must wander... I have Yae, I have the Warrior. I shall be fine. Do not worry." Zuri wept lightly
"I cannot help but worry, Zima. Just- just be safe.". Zima beamed at her and whispered
"I promise. A ryori can't break a promise." with that she turned and set off, Yae on her left and Au'Rakal on her right. Out into the unknown.

When there's no word limit, I go overboard. Sorry!
Edited By Redfeather1957 on 11/26/2018 at 1:46 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 7:55 AM Post #209
Savior (This will have two endings...mwhehehehe

"Wait!What?!" Yea yelled terrified for her friend."No!You can't ask her for that!Shems already lost so much!" she looked down at her feet."I've already lost so much"."Child it is not you choice to make" the Ryori told her."And it is not my job to tell her.We must hurry,they are waiting." He stalked off."Wait!" Zuri asked running after him.
They traveled for many days,many starlit nights.Thru shadowed places and places of light.All until they reached the mountain.The lonely mountain.The supposed Palace of gods hidden among the ruins scattered on it.
"W-why here?" Zuri asked the Ryori."Because the council would like to speak to you..." over the course of the last few days he'd gotten quiter,colder.His fur and fog had begun to shift to a colder blue.And his wings had hardened into ice like wings.

Yea backed up from him...as fin he was radiating cold.
"Ah,here we are" the ryori said turing round.His form flickered."We don't have much time" his voice said distorted."Fall will be over in just a few days time,and your sister will be trapped in the shadowlands....forever" he said the last part as if he understood."The council of sages will explain the rest to you" he pointed to a large circle of skeletal trees."I cannot enter,you must forgo it.Without me"Zika nodded and her and yea made their way into the circle of trees.They we're surrounded by Ryori.One in each of the 5 trees,looking at them.One tree was emotes,it looked battered,bruised and bloody.Yea shuddered

"Do not be afraid children." a familiar voice said."H-hunter?" Zima asked."Yes it is me child.Do not be afraid." One of the ryori's jumped down from their tree.Her dark blue markings looked,familiar...much like the hunter's."We have agreed to help you,if your ready to pay the price it takes to save your sister." she looked at the two,almost sadly."What is it?" Zima asked.The Red Ryori spoke."You must sacrifice a loved one...only then will the Nightmare lord let you pass thru his gates to retrive your sister.But neither of you will ever be the same."."Who would i..." Zima stopped and looked at Yuri."B-but she's my friend!I-I can't lose her!" she said nuzzling the small Lunamara."You won't lose her" the earthen toned one said."She'll always be with you,as one of the souls that will help you on your journey."she looked at the two,"You remind me of my children." she said sadly."Sweet souls pushed into situations that each choice has a major consequence."."So what will you choose?" the grey one demanded.

*Sacrifice Yae OR Sacrifice Zuri*

Sacrifice Zuri*
"I-I can't lose Yea....I-I'm sorry Zuri." she said softly.Her thoughts we're conflicted."Your choice shows just who you are" the grey one said."You'll slowly forget about your sister,yea will replace her in your memories.Zuri will become non-exsistant in this world." the gold one warned."But the choice has been made!" the Red one replied."Go home...sleep.Hadatchi will lead you home" he motioned to the blue Ryori waiting outside the trees.Zuri nodded and grabbed yea,he mind foggy."Zima no!your sister is more valuable to you than me!" Yea cried."I-I'm not worth it!".Zuri shook her head."Yes you are" she said.
The pair made it home safely,memories of Zuri disappeared.They grew up happy,both found mates and their children became close.They became a family."She had a happy ending without me..." a lavender Ryori said looking thru a window into the living world."It's okay...she made her choice" the hunter said looking with her.
"Time flows on...with or without us"

Sacrifice Yea*
"Do it!I'm not worth it!" Yea yelled."B-but..." .ZIma seemed reluctant."Okay." she gave in.Yea stood in front of the 5.Zuri stood next to her."What so we have to do?" she asked."You don't have to do much...just prepare yourself." the golden one said.The Ryori's made a circle around them.Each had it's own arua.The arua's swirled around the two hatchlings.Yea felt herself fading,"I love you " she whispered before she faded.In her place was a small orb.Zoma looked at it.She felt different,lighter."Hey!" the orb shouted."I'm not dead!" It was Yea's voice.Zuri looked at her paws,wait!They were Ryori paws!"I-I'm a ryori now!" she said."Now go!The rift between our worlds will last only so long" the grey one said."Yea will go with you.Her soul is tied to your's.".They all fizzed and popped,at least to Zuri.

Then it was dark...very dark.And hot."Well" a dark voice said."They really got you to do it.." a dark face appeared with blood red eyes."I wonder if they told you the whole story." he circled them."Zima?" a small voice said.A white face appeared behind the dark one.The eyes went wide."You did it...he told me you would." then Zima realized something."Zuri...Y-your a...Ryori" she said softly."So are you" Zima replied looking at her."We won't ever be separated again" she added looking at her sister."Who did you sacrifice?" she asked."It was..." Zuri stopped."How do you know about it?" she asked."I-..." Zima held back her words."She did it herself,to get to me...it makes me sad that you don't recognize me." the dark one replied.Zuri recognized that voice...she backed up."D-dad?" she asked fearful."So you do...how long did it take for you to forget?Years,months?" he asked."Your sister had the sense to go looking.She sacrificed a friend to get to me,she went with the Coven to get to me." he seemed proud."Yet you couldn't even get the council to believe you" he said with distaste."I-i tried..." she said with a growl.Zima calm down,he's trying to get to you Yea warned.Zima took a deep breath."Zuri..we're going home...back to the living world.".Her father laughed,"I'm cursed,i can't...a neither can you" he growled."No Ryori can unless it' says the season of the dead"."No....inwant to go back...back home" Zuri said hopping off of her father."Inwant to be normal again" she had tears in her eyes."Zuri,you can't" he told her."Yes we can!" Zika yelled grabbing zuri.The world poppers and fizzed around her."No!" she head a voice shout.Claws raked against her face."Yes we can!" she yelled again.They dropped into the circle of trees causing ravens to startle and fly away."Zuri?" zimaasked.we're back...and both of your are still ryories.A cold wind blew by.Zima picked up Zuri who had fallen asleep..or blacked out.One of the other.Her wounds stung but she had gotten her sister back.And learned a lesson.She would never,let someone make that mistake again.For the rest of eternity scaring hatchlings away from the beyondlands,protecting those who traveled over too soon.Her and her sister became the guardians of the the beyondlands.Zima and Zuri the gatekeepers.
Edited By Dragongem23 on 11/25/2018 at 10:06 AM.
Lunalovesgames5
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 8:24 AM Post #210
Savior

"Cost? What cost? There's no cost too big for me help the people that I love so dearly."
Zima exclaimed at Yae, with a look of courage in her eyes, but under that courage lies an everlasting fear.

"Well now, you are very determined to help Zuri, you are indeed brave, but I ask you, would she do the same for you?"
Yae asked. Zima paused as she looked to the ground,

"Well, yes, of course she would, she is my sister, isn't she?"
Zima asked back with slight sadness in her voice, Yae looked at her and Zima glanced back,

"You're very sure of yourself, maybe you're stronger than I thought."
Yae said crypticly. Yae looked at Zima dead in the eyes and asked her,

"I hope you know that the price may very well end up being your life, do you really wish to continue?"
Zima stood there, trying to process the question.

"Yes, just help me save her, please."
Zima said with courage and fear. To that Yae replied with,

"Very well, let us find your beloved sister."
And with that, they were off.

(I'm sorry it's not longer or better, my grammar and spelling are also kind of bad so you have to excuse me if this is hard to read)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.