Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > ~Battle of the Bands Design Contest~
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Qbb
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 4
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 4:00 PM Post #11
Oh okay. Thank you for clearing that up for me!
It is appreciated and I will get to designing as soon as inspiration hits me!
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 4:22 PM Post #12
I'm entering this for the song category.

My favorite song of all time is Tightrope, by The Score. (Most people probably haven't heard it, both the song and band are not well-known.) The opening verse begins with "I can't be everything that you want me to/ fill my mind up with silly dreams/ is all I seem to do." These lyrics really speak to me. I often feel that way, that I can't live up to other people's expectations. The singer's voice is full of passion and power.

I chose the Nephini because they appear delicate yet remain strong, like a tightrope. The colors are somewhat similar to the Atlas album cover. Blue is the color of the sky ("when you're this high off the ground"). The silver is the tightrope itself, and the yellow/gold is for sunlight and a little contrast.
Edited By Lamprey on 8/14/2018 at 6:18 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 5:11 PM Post #13

Band/Group/Solo Artist:
Cry****** ((This band is what I listen to when i'm like,, sad and I just kinda feel like being sad in a way. I love this group and ig a lot of people don't lol. They appeal to the 'sadcore' genre and there one of the few bands in that genre I love, I suggest them highly. The dog is also there mascot/logo))

Song:
I want to be Normal - Awfultune
dyed my hair brown months ago
i didnt feel comfortable in it
why am i so impressionable?
dark colors im just not with it
got my hair tied up and im feelin good
no one can take that away from me
feels like im living in hollywood
i can see it in my dreams

i want to be normal
i want the normalcy
i want to be normal
i wanna live my life care free
i want to be normal
why is that so hard to be?
i want to be normal
but its just easier being me

blonde suits me just fine
but things change easily
and i know in no time
ill be changing peacefully
i like to swim but the chlorine makes my hair green
the sun makes it yellow and winter evens out things
but yesterday dont really mean anything to me

i want to be normal
i want the normalcy
i want to be normal
i wanna live my life care free
i want to be normal
why is that so hard to be?
i want to be normal
but its just easier being me

((This artist is fairly unknown, and honestly he deserves a lot more publicity. His music is truly amazing and he is in need of some help like money wise to the more people that listen the better. He is completely solo for the most part and records all his stuff himself. I love his music because a lot of it is very relatable to me.This song is the first song I ever heard by him and will always remain to be one of my favorites))

Album Art:
Mindless Self Indulgence ((God I love this band, it's one of the only like truly emo bands I listen to lmao. Mostly there music is just like a pick me up and its different from a lot of other stuff. I really highly suggest listening to them, they make some p rad stuff))

If anything is done wrong just tell me!
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 5:15 PM Post #14
I'm thinking about doing one for the album art category. Does an EP count as an album?
Lovelock
Level 75
The Tender
Threads: 121
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 5:16 PM Post #15
Sure!
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 5:20 PM Post #16
Great! I'll start designing then.
Yamato
Level 65
The Artistic
Threads: 68
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 5:50 PM Post #17

One of the main things that left an impression on me was Katy Perry's Peppermint costume! The plain simplicity of it is wonderful. I thought I'd recreate it as a sylesti. Also, candy = yum!

I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show
And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above
But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
- Excerpt from Pompeii by Bastille

For some reason, this song appealed to me. I like World History, and this song made me think of Rome (obviously) but it also felt like I was part of the ruin of the city, and it gave me a sense of tranquility. Odd, I know. But I LOVE this song. So here are my Pompeii Qitari. The Fiery Manes represent the lava from Vesuvius. The Solar Champion's Singe represents the magma from the volcano. The dark grey colour and the Magma Runes represent ash falling from the sky. The flowers represent traditions and culture that is being destroyed and burning in the eruption:

I loved this album cover ^^^ because I love imagine dragons, and I love SPACE. I loved the colour scheme and blues and purples are pretty easy for me to work with.

Edited By Sweden on 8/18/2018 at 12:16 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 5:55 PM Post #18
So i probly won't have for the offspring bags but it..i want to do this
I don't really have a favorites song but i do like CK9C,all of these things are music i love and i thought i could work with
All Souls Night By:Lorena McKennitt

The group Abba(All the music in MammaMia is written by them)

Celtic Garden cover Art(David Arkenstone i think)
Edited By Dragongem23 on 8/14/2018 at 5:56 PM.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 6:13 PM Post #19
This design is for the Album category.

Based off of the Myths and Legends EP art. Myths and Legends is by The Score (yes, again). It has four songs: Legend, Miracle, Higher, and Revolution. Each one has a certain message.

For Legend, it's that we should keep going until we're the best. Some lyrics: "A fighter with the fever for the fame was all I ever want, was all I ever wanted." "Won't stop 'til we're legend."

Miracle is telling how we go through hard times and sometimes need a miracle to make it. "It never goes the way that you planned, success is a door that always slams, I'm trying to break it."

The message in Higher is very clear in the chorus, "They try to keep me down but I just get higher." In other words, nothing can bring us down so keep fighting for your goals.

Revolution explains how we should prepare for change, don't let it hurt you. "Can you hear the drumming? There's a revolution coming." And near the end: "I'm risin' up, up from the ground. From the bottom, can't hold me down."

Thanks for doing this contest! I don't really care if I win anything, I love talking about music. ^^
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 8/14/2018 at 7:43 PM Post #20
Does the designed pair have to be idnetical? since for the song I feel like a male and female pair would fit perfectly for my choice. However for it to fit even better I think the male and female should have different designs. would that be alright?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.