Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:20 PM Post #1
@Site_Users,

Hi guys, there are going to be a few adjustments to the Fall Festival contests. Because of this, I will also extend the contest by a week making the end date October 6th at 12AM server time.

One thing I would like to point out is that a lot of people seem confused about the description part of the entry.

"This contest is more about creativity than the actual art, don't be afraid to participate if you're unable to draw well...just do your best and write a clear description of what you envision your gene as. "

You were suppose to draw what your gene/mutation/avatar outfit was suppose to be. The description part was for if you aren't a great artist then describe what you're trying to do - but still draw it.

Another thing that wasn't suppose to be allowed was just finding random images off the internet and saying 'do this'. Like I said, you were actually suppose to be drawing on a blank pet image or a blank avatar base.

The last thing that I keep seeing too is there are multiple suggestions/entries of the same thing...like 'leaf dress/outfit'. I just want to stress to please check through all the entries, if someone has already posted that idea...please do not go and repost it. Please come up with something different. Feel free to quote an entry and say that you like that idea, but please don't just resubmit the same idea.

Because I guess it wasn't clear from the beginning, everyone that has participated will still get the participation prize. However, in regards to winning a copy of the outfit and the pet essence only the people that actually drew their entry and submitted the idea first will be given those prizes. So from this point on you will not receive participation if you do not follow the rules correctly in the contest.

If you have any questions feel free to post them in this thread.
Cranberry
Level 60
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 20
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:22 PM Post #2
Ooooh. -blinks-
Thank you for the clarification!!
I thought if we just described it our best then that would count.
I better get drawing!
Lehana
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 48
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:25 PM Post #3
Ooooh, I misread originally and thought text was ok. In that case, and since the time limit has been extended, I'll try to draw stuff.

A question, is it ok to edit in pictures to my text posts?
Altaira
Level 60
Threads: 15
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:29 PM Post #4
Hmm. Well, one question.

How different do the ideas have to be? I mean, can there be only ONE leaf-shaped gene, or only one leaf shaped idea per gene per pet or... ?
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:36 PM Post #5
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 3/28/2024 at 8:13:44am

Ooooh, I misread originally and thought text was ok. In that case, and since the time limit has been extended, I'll try to draw stuff.

A question, is it ok to edit in pictures to my text posts?

@Lehana,

Yes you can edit your post to add your drawn images.
Katherineac
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 98
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:42 PM Post #6
I certainly hope mine is original enough. It's hard when leaves and stuff are such a common theme of fall. Lol. I was trying to give an original flare to mine. Hopefully I'll be able to get an entry done for the other two
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:44 PM Post #7
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 3/28/2024 at 8:13:44am

Hmm. Well, one question.

How different do the ideas have to be? I mean, can there be only ONE leaf-shaped gene, or only one leaf shaped idea per gene per pet or... ?

@Altaira,

The problem was stemming from the fact that there were tons of entries of...like 'Leaf dress, Leaf Fairy Dress' or 'Leaf Gene'.

Here are some examples of some drawn images that are the same type of theme but different enough to be their own entry.

Ladygin
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 248
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:47 PM Post #8
Thanks for the calrification. Hope mine is ok.
Altaira
Level 60
Threads: 15
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 7:57 PM Post #9
I can see why there would be a ton of entries like that. Fall leaves are really common, it's not like we have any flowers or such to make it different (like we could for spring). On the bright side, there are quite a few different Halloween-themed ones!

I'd been trying to think of autumn themes rather than Halloween themes, but I'll ponder on it a bit more and try to give a really different idea... based on.. uh, something.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification!
Dragondawn
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 150
Posted: 9/28/2013 at 8:07 PM Post #10
@Faiona,
how did you get both the crown AND the henna on??? IS IT A THING ONLY YOU AND KRIN CAN DO?!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.