Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Summer Festival - Avatar Item Desig...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 8:50 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests for the 2018 Summer Festival (Coming in August)! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Summer Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base

Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Held Item
1 Avatar Head Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Summer Themed. So anything to do with the summer season, this includes any holidays that fall in the summer season, summer weather etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is July 15th at 11:59 PM server, after that the thread will be locked. Yes. This is a very short deadline. Some circumstances have come up which have forced us to get these started ASAP. Having such a short duration is the only way we could have the design contest at all. Sorry!

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference.Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! :)

Prizes

All players who submitted a valid design received the following rewards: [Sun Tokens] x500, [Premium Sculpting Catalyst] x1, [Premium Clam] x3

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Edited By Krinadon on 9/13/2018 at 8:26 AM.
Zenaku
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 41
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 8:58 PM Post #2
Will edit this later to be more classy but here's the design~

Witch of the Eye
(Based on florida's hurricanes name can use a bit of help)

Female

Male

Back variants
Fire

Water

Outfit: Witch of the Eye outfit
Head: Headband of the Eye
Held: Bottled wind (variants would be akin to the backs)
Back: Hurricane Spirit (Male has Storm, female has Wind)

Edited By Zenaku on 7/8/2018 at 9:26 PM.
Kalores
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 109
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 9:00 PM Post #3
Ah summer. I can't wait to go up to the family cottage and do some stargazing! Nice thing is, then can happen anytime of the year~ It is based off of stars, nebulas, and space. I call this set, the Celestial Starfire Set. It would go quite well with the recently completed Starfire Set for the Vulnyx~

All images were taken with my cell phone camera as my scanner does not want to work right now ^^u

Outfit: Celestial Starfire Outfit- I did it on the male and female base. Where the blue trim is on the tops, the purple dots in there are supposed to glow like stars. The energy effect coming out of the bottom of the tops is supposed to look like the Aurora Borealis, and is not supposed to be see through. The dots in the aurora energy are little stars which glow.

Wings: Celestial Starfire Wings- The wings I put on the female base. The arms of the wings are feathers, with each feather and the joint of the wing sporting a Starfire Crystal each. The crystal on the joint and on the larger feathers has a glowing star inside. The energy coming out of the feathers is supposed to look like the Aurora Borealis, with little glowing stars throughout them. I did not colour in the feathers so the detail could be seen.

Back Item: Starry Night Background- I put the background on the male base. It supposed to be very dark blue(I do not have dark enough blue water colour paints). There are many little glowing stars in the night sky with a few shooting stars streaking by.

Head Item: Celestial Starfire Circlet- I put this on the female base. Much like the outfit and wings, the energy coming out of the crown is supposed to look like the Aurora Borealis, with little glowing stars throughout it. In the middle of the circlet is a Starfire Crystal, with a glowing star within. The purple dots around the circlet are suppose to be glowing stars.

Held Item: Celestial Starfire Dracate- I put this little guy on his own as I wanted to put in lots of detail but it would have been more difficult if I drew it right next to one of the avatar bases. A dracate is a cat/dragon, which combines my two favourite creatures! He looks up into the face/eyes of your avatar, and his nose almost touches or does touch the fingers of your avatar's outstretched hand. The wings are just like the avatar wings. The body is a combination of dragon and cat, with the front legs being more cat like, and the back legs being more dragon like, although I couldn't resist putting little paw pads in. It has fur all over it's body, with little horns coming out of it's head. There is a fire in between the horns, that has little glowing stars in it. The muzzle is a bit longer than on your average cat. I outlined the dracate in black where other colours were not needed so that the details could be better seen.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 9:29 PM Post #4
Image was done on Windows Paint (not the 3D version, just good ole fashioned paint)

With the heat comes the bugs...

Introducing Sylestia's first Swatter held and Swatter wings!

xD

Edit: I should state better, the drawing and the image was done on paint, and uploaded to imgur.
Edited By ALatteJava on 7/8/2018 at 9:37 PM.
TriadItari
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 23
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 9:32 PM Post #5
OMG those are amazing! I bet most people would never have thought of that. and so true about heat and bugs. I hate mosquitos.
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 9:33 PM Post #6
Yay, I've been waiting for this! I'm pretty happy with this one.

I think "Stargazer" is a good name for this.

Stargazing is common in the summer, and is a very "romantic" activity, so I went with a traditionally romantic look, with the flowing dress and wavy tied hair.

Stargazer Dress:
A starry dress that has gradient color and more "stars" in the darker area toward the bottom. It has a sash that also darkens toward the end, and transparent sleeves. Yes, it has no shoes, but that's just because I couldn't come up with ones I like. :P

Stargazer Telescope:
For looking at the stars.

Stargazer Hair:
Wavy hair pulled into a low ponytail, with a ribbon bow that matches the sash.

Stargazer Background:
The part that was the majority of the work: A starry background featuring a galaxy and shooting stars. Originally, I just had the galaxy, but then I thought of shooting stars, which are romantic, and decided to just do both. Also, some silhouetted hills in the background.

Edit: Here's my male concept!

Edited By Lonefox on 7/11/2018 at 10:06 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 9:37 PM Post #7
Alright, so I have randomly been inspired to break out the colored pencils. So this IS on the female base, but I drew it in my composition book. :)

Manta Ray Outfit

Manta Ray Garb (Outfit): So this very sleek sort of dress is meant to mimic that shapes of the underside and body of the manta ray. I also added some kelp/seaweed wrist and ankle decorations. I'm sure with shading and detail it would look so spectacular.

Manta Ray Headpiece (Head): This is supposed to look like the tentacle like shape of the mouth of the manta ray.

Manta Ray Fins (Wings): These are of course the beautiful fins of the manta ray.

Manta Ray Buddy (Held): My sketch of the held item lacks a lot of detail, but its so small that my skills weren't up to the task. I think little floating manta ray buddies would be super adorable, and the avatar is holding a little purple/pink seashell in their hand.

Kelp Forest Background (Back): I love underwater backgrounds and I think we need more of them. This is a kelp forest background meant to look like the beautiful kelp forests you see in the ocean. Also complements the wrist and ankle decorations.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 10:08 PM Post #8
Now presenting: Som's questionable drawing ability the Sun Warrior outfit!

(or Sun Hunter, or Sun Fighter, or Sun Stroke, or Sun Burn idrk)

Entry level: "I... I tried? :')"

(realized I forgot to fix the opacity of the base - I lessened it while I was drawing... but oh well :P)

And, just in case it's not clear - the held is meant to be some kind of star growing in/around his hand... but stars are kind of hard to draw and it's getting late :') maybe I can try to fix it/make it look better later, we'll see
Edited By Somneli on 7/8/2018 at 10:20 PM.
Soupboi
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 10:13 PM Post #9
It's been raining alot where I live so I decided to base my avatar on that

Head-a blonde or brown bobcat
Held-a umbrella
Outfit-a fluffy dress with lighting bolts on it
Background -it's rain
AC9123
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 145
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 10:17 PM Post #10

I call it Summer Stars

It looks weird. But oh well :)

the hedgehog held item
because hedgehogs come out in summer...

I'm kind of confused though. Are all items in one post supposed to be related?
Edited By Ac9123 on 7/9/2018 at 7:05 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.