Forum Index > News and Announcements > Patriotic Event Overview
Page 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 5:54 AM Post #81
That's true then :) Hopefully you have better luck today! And no worries; I promise it will get easier!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 10:10 PM Post #82
I find this extremely insulting. I have released over 30k pets. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this site so far. Do you see me whining about it? No, because its a CHOICE. I AM a very active player, and probably one of the most active fest participating player, even tho I hate to admit it. And I have probably played a ton more online games than you.

I HAVE FUN I ALSO HAVE CHILDREN

So for you to sit there and assume the top players are probably childless is just rude.

You're option is simple..stay and have fun, or don't stay and find something else to maybe try and enjoy a little better. Absolutely NO single person here, is forcing you to stay, to play, to pay or not....You dont even have to pay to play, there is NO monthly subscription, THERE IS a place to spend gold for diamonds...there is WORK to get nice pets, but it also takes TIME.

We are lucky to have admin that care about his players. Krinadon....this is his baby, his heart and soul, and his JOB. The dude could just stop everything and throw this site out the door and get a normal job...but he doesnt. He has poured his love, and his own time and money, to satisfy US. He and Faiona are the best admins hands down, I have ever had the blessing and privilege to speak with, let alone play their game then I ever will.

So yes, I am going to support their game from time to time.

Your choice is simple...stay and play, enjoy the ride, enjoy watching the future changes----or don't and miss the community this place has built up and being a part of it.
Edited By ALatteJava on 7/9/2018 at 10:10 PM.
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 11:30 PM Post #83
I am childless, but I am definitely not a teenager and I have a full time job where I work 9+ hours every single day on average, plus I have a lot of pets in real life to take care of. (I also spend time on some other sites every day, but thats besides the point). I am very busy but I spend time on here when I can and I enjoy playing even though it can be difficult at times, especially in the Lost Grove, which I just started before the event began.

I found 3 pyros the other night and 3 again tonight. It takes a lot of battling and luck but they are there.

I would say if you are not having fun with the game then why are you playing (and why spend money on it for the same reason)?

Just my two cents.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 12:45 AM Post #84
I understand your frustration, we've had that phase as well but you will eventually overcome it if you don't give up. Personally I think festivals aren't meant for new players because players who already have reached max lvl along with max statted pets and best gears will always have advantage over new players who still have a hard time to get gold. The patriotic event has already ended but you still have a lot of time to be on par with other players until next festivals. So good luck and I hope you have fun on your next festivals.
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 1:14 AM Post #85
This is my feeling too. Events are NOT geared for new players. How can a game, that OBVIOUSLY has a pay to win slant (hello only having one freebie one use tester and scanner and the only other ones being bought by premium currency which is bought by REAL MONEY), totally ignore the fresh blood? How is making it so you have to be super good at the game going to help grow the community? Events should take the level of the user into account. Like how the spring event took my level into account. That was a good event...the reason why I stuck around once I realized how pay to win this site really is. The "Patriotic Event" was a load of crock. Great and easy if you have lots of ingame money to throw at healing items and/or diamonds to get the special pets from the diamond shop. Plus lots of ingame time to spend grinding for the mere chance of potentially running into the pyros (which seemed to be legit terrified of me?)

Also everyone? I don't know why you're all harping on the childless/teenager bit. That wasn't an A) B) AND C) scenario it was a A)B) and/OR C)Scenario. So yeah you can be a completely responsible adult with 50 kids....but if this game is the game you give MOST of your online attention to (if not all) then you /of course/ will do better than me who is fluttering between at least 5 games and 2 internet chats that AREN'T region chat in LG. So by automatically assuming I mean AND rather than actually reading my words? You guys are the rude ones and the ones needlessly attacking me.

This game doesn't need to be hard to scare away newbs...y'all doing just fine considering I'm upset with how CRAPPY I felt trying to get a stupid pyro to show up and now /I'm/ being attacked for it. I never outright attacked anyone yet I'm pretty much getting my throat ripped out for not being all "This pay to win game is completely lovely! I love not being able to get any of the pets I want because the chances to run into things are so infinitesimal that I'm more likely to get struck by lightning .....TWICE!"
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 1:51 AM Post #86
I wasn't here during the spring festivals (I took 2.5 year hiatus and just came back 2 weeks ago) so I don't have any idea how was the spring festival different from the patriotic one.

How is this game Pay to Win? You can trade your ingame money to diamond using the currency exchange which you can use to buy all premium items. There are no items in the game that require you to pay real money to get them.

Also regarding healing items, I haven't used any single healing items from the Lost Grove and I can do endless number of battles without having to heal my pets using items either. Some nameds are probably still hard to beat if you don't use items, considering you don't use epic gears on all your pets. But as you beat more nameds and get more epic gears you should be able to beat them easier.

You need to take into account that once you post something in the forum there is a chance some people might get offended even if you don't have any intention to do that in the first place so it's important to check your post multiple times before you post to avoid misunderstanding.
Hdawg
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 23
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 2:12 AM Post #87
the spring event was a zone event (had its own zone that was scaled to the player rather than the zone) while the patriotic and pryo event is held in story zones where pets and players have to be a specific level to get to and survive.
as someone who, i guess, isn't very good at the game its very difficult to get though the lost grove without the healing items for me (to be clear i'm the one thats bad at the game, vermont seems to have gotten to lvl62 in less than a month). i know the "solution" is to get "better pets and gear" but from a new player's stand point that can be very difficult. i personally didn't get that far in the game when i first started, the bandit camp kicking my butt harder than DotF ever did. the only reason i was able to beat it was because i over leveled my pets.
i can understand vermont's frustration as i've felt the same way about the near pay to win atmosphere of the site (it can be beyond difficult to get enough ingame money for diamonds least for me and new players. i honestly have no idea how you guys are so good at this. i can barely get 300k and here you guys are just buying diamonds. its really impressive tbh) but i can confirm i've stayed because i have fun and the community is nice. i think we all might be tense and defensive, and this isn't the place for an argument.... although i don't really know where one would be held aside from PMs...if you ask me i think we all need to step away from each other for a while.
Edited By Hdawg on 7/10/2018 at 2:16 AM.
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 2:35 AM Post #88
Not Pay to win? You need premium currency if you want to scan stuff more than once or genetically test things more than once or make anything infertile (yeah I know those last 2 people offer to do for free but i don't like the added risk of "selling" my pet to someone who may or may not send it back) you also need premium currency if you want more than 200 total pets (the max 1 stable can hold btw.)

"Just buy the Diamonds with your gold" i hear you say. Except making gold is so laughably HARD on this game that legit the best and easiest way to make it is....by selling diamonds (catch 22 there)

Yeah i can send missions....when my crappy memory reminds me to ship off my pets. Yes I can do tasks in the first 2 subzones of the 3rd main zone....if I wish to pause from the hours of grinding trying to advance my story line. The easiest "not pay to win" way of making money for a newb is by selling high level LG drops from the inventory. Of course that crap pretty much ONLY drops from the bosses.

Older players who have probably poured years of time if not hundreds of real life dollars into this site have their Max Pets and gorgeous 6 vis guys they can sell for buttloads of gold. To be able to get max pets of my own or 6 vis pets i would literally have to have the time to mess with the breeding system but at the moment I can't because i'm busy scrambling trying to make enough gold to expand and buy diamonds to get more stables and eventually the other items from the diamond shop. This is isn't an adoptables game like I thought. It's legit an rpg that has decided to kill an adoptables game and wear the adoptable game's skin. (Crude imagery but true to how i feel) ...its like...a more cuddly version of Monster Hunters which i cannot play because its too hard.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 3:50 AM Post #89
But you don't need to pay real money to get the premium currency is my point. I have all the unlimited use stuffs and I bought them by trading ingame currency (that I saved for a few months) to diamonds using currency exchange. Sure it takes time but it's doable to progress without having to pay real money. You just need patience and sadly it seems you don't have one.

You can get 100k gold in a day easily by sending your pets on missions (always send your pets on the 12 hours or 6 hours missions because those missions are the most profitable). You just need 5 mins to do that (alarm would help if you're a forgetful person). You can also get 50k gold if you spend 30 mins doing the first 2 dungeons by selling all the epic or lower gears you get. I have done that in the past and iirc I only needed 25 mins to finish all 2 dungeons (you probably need more time if you aren't used to the puzzles). You will get 150k gold easily in a day if you're willing to do these things I mentioned above.

I never rely on selling pets as my source of income (admittedly I'm not that creative that people would buy my pets either). Most of my gold came from missions, daily dungeons, and sold stuffs I got from the festivals. By doing these, I was able to save enough gold to afford stuffs I want. If you can't pay with real money to buy premium currency, you should pay with time and effort.
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 4:45 AM Post #90
What you aren't seeming to get from what i'm saying is I CANNOT remember to send missions off 9 out of 10 times. What the hades would a darn alarm do when it goes off and i'm sitting there like "why the hell is that going off?" Yeah i can send them off immediately after they come in if I'm on the part of the site that highlights the bars orange....but the thing is I HATE the orange notification bars so by the time I've gone and grabbed the stuff from trades and swapped to my inventory and opened them I've forgotten that...hey i can send X number of pets out on a mission.

Again I'm a CASUAL player I want to be able to just play around with the breeding and nurturing aspects of the site. I don't WANT to have to grind the stupid dungeons just to make money. I should be able to make money OTHER ways. If I wanted to grind on a stupid online game I'd grind coliseum on Flight Rising where I actually understand the mechanics and healing is an easy refresh away! of course to do any significant breeding you need more stables and to have them maxed out with costs diamonds and gold and that means I'm FORCED to do the grindy crap. Because of course besides missions...which I've ALREADY mentioned I can barely remember exist...Grinding is the ONLY money maker.

This game toted itself to me as an adoptables game...I say its a role playing game that's killed and skinned an adoptables game and is wearing its skin. I love the breeding and nurturing aspect of the game. I wish not to leave as I love the art as well. So yeah I feel kind of lied to aout the whole "come and collect and breed pretty creatures" aspect. Should have been "collect a few creatures and then be forced to grind grind grind some more so that you can get a few handfuls of trump change that you may be able to use to get more space". Stg there are at least 50% more money SINKS on this site then there are ways to make money.

I just wish people would realize that what works for them DOES NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. Not everyone wants to spend all day every day grinding in one game to the exclusion of all other games (especially during holiday times when MULTIPLE games are having holiday events) just for the /chance/ of meeting up with a specific creature who drops stuff for you...or to advance your progress in a zone like .5%. Especially when the repetitive motion ends up giving you hand/wrist cramps....when NO other game does...because no other adoptables games forces you to fight to move on to various places.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.