Forum Index > News and Announcements > Patriotic Event Overview
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Beckh0und
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 74
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 2:09 PM Post #71
Omg, this is hurting me so bad! I need those pets, and I need 400 diamonds or more to get another stable, but I can't! D: It's so impossible, and I like saving up my gold, and It takes too long to do anything.. ):
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 7/5/2018 at 7:28 AM Post #72
If it helps at all, saving up gold and diamonds does get easier as you get more familiar with the site. If you intend to stick around Sylestia for a while, you'll learn good ways to earn gold. If you want, I could PM you a few pointers.

Also, the Blazing Fireworks pets were around last year, so they'll hopefully return next year too! You should have more chances to get them, even if you can't find any this year ^.^
Etherealeternity
Level 45
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/7/2018 at 7:16 PM Post #73
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=63183&page=1#4
Author: Banzai
Time Posted: 6/30/2018 at 9:12 PM
Once again, I'm pleased with the Zolnixies! I'm a huge Nixi fan! ^w^
Same! I might be new here, but I've already found a favourite!
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 2:59 AM Post #74
I've about had it with how this site works. If I didn't know any better I would say they had coded it especially so that pyros wouldn't show up for me. 3rd day I rambled around the lost grove until I grew bored/discouraged/frustrated or until my fingers/wrists cramped up....3rd day in a row without a SINGLE Pyro. Apparently the tweak didn't do anything. Or was the spawn rate .0000000000000001 before and now its a whole .000000000000001? Because if so that isn't much of a change. I've seen a total of 3 pyros this whole event (2 on day 1) even though I'm legit courting carpal tunnel from the amount of extra fighting I've been doing. to think I spent money to support this site...total toilet flush on THAT money.
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 3:08 AM Post #75
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=63183&page=8#74
Author: Vermontvampyre
Time Posted: 7/8/2018 at 2:59 AM
I've about had it with how this site works. If I didn't know any better I would say they had coded it especially so that pyros wouldn't show up for me. 3rd day I rambled around the lost grove until I grew bored/discouraged/frustrated or until my fingers/wrists cramped up....3rd day in a row without a SINGLE Pyro. Apparently the tweak didn't do anything. Or was the spawn rate .0000000000000001 before and now its a whole .000000000000001? Because if so that isn't much of a change. I've seen a total of 3 pyros this whole event (2 on day 1) even though I'm legit courting carpal tunnel from the amount of extra fighting I've been doing. to think I spent money to support this site...total toilet flush on THAT money.

Hej! Where are you doing you battling? I'm doing mine in the Lost Grove with my best team, and it usually takes me about an hour and a half to two hours to find one every day, although the other day took me three. I've been just trying for one a day as that's fine for me, but others have been getting one in the Lost Grove and then moving over to Astryls Tranquility to get one there too. That probably goes way quicker as the opponents are easier to beat, so the battles go quicker. I think it has to be hard because the themed pets are very expensive, so in order to stay like that they have to be difficult to get...if that makes sense? Feel free to PM if you'd like :) I joined a few months ago and have loved the site, but I made a lot of mistakes with my battles at first, because I didn't have the right equipment etc., and that could really slow you down if you've done the same. You probably haven't, haha, but let me know if you need any help. I'm off to hunt my daily pyro now, wish me luck!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 4:35 AM Post #76
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=63183&page=8#74
Author: Vermontvampyre
Time Posted: 7/8/2018 at 2:59 AM

Looking in the database, you've done just over 500 total battles in the Lost Grove since the event began last Sunday.

I did a quick comparison against another player that is typically very active; they have done just shy of 10,000 battles in that same time frame - a 20x increase.

These are the statistics that we have to manage and try to balance for. I was not at all exaggerating in my previous post when I said that our high playtime players do 10x+ more than our average players lol.

I'm sorry that you have been frustrated with the Patriotic Event. But with your account not even a month old yet, I'd have to wager that you and your pets have a ton of room for growth as time goes on. This growth makes it easier and easier to accomplish personal goals during events.

We do care and appreciate the feedback and it's why we have implemented such things as battle counters with increasing spawn chances in the past and, just this week, a daily 'bonus' to make it easier to find your first one each day.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 5:03 AM Post #77
To be honest, 10k battles in a week during the festivals seems a normal number to see for me because some people usually hype up to find themed pets and bosses and will grind for hours. I usually find my FIRST pyro in a day after around 150 battles in average so try to do 150 or so battles in a day and see if you can find one. Might need more because it still depends on your luck.
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Posted: 7/8/2018 at 11:51 PM Post #78
Thing is as a new player this event is even WORSE then if I had a fully level 70 team with complete vinethorn set. I keep having to leave Lost Grove for healing because I haven't managed to get the billion and one items needed for the Temple of Light nor the trading post and I cannot afford to buy LG healing items at the cost they are in the dang town. I need all the gold I'm getting to save up for buying more diamonds to afford more stables because sadly you can only have 200 pets unless you buy diamonds in some manner to buy extra stables.

As a newb I don't have a clue what to price anything at and the only stuff I have worth any amount of money are the pets from this event and the spring one and I am not about to get rid of those since I spent so much time working to get them. No one wants the pets I have to sell. Getting rid of them by releasing them is crap too. After all the ONLY "reward" for releasing pets you find gorgeous to make room for other stuff...is you just get a lair slot. It makes one NOT want to release. After all unless you are releasing hatchies you've probably wasted money on feeding it if not actually paid money to breed the egg it hatched out of. If it was a caught critter that you are releasing there goes the thousands you spent on the multiple nets it took to catch it (after all unless you are insanely lucky you'll use more than one net per catch.)

You say I've only had 500 battles. With my level 65s that's a total of about 5 hours that I wasted where I could have been doing other things...like cleaning my house like it so desperately needs.

Maybe you should ask your "more active" players A)How new of a player they are (probably way older than me) B) what other online games do they play on a same or more active basis than this one (probably none...unlike myself ...I play Dragon cave, flight rising, magistream, plus have an irc chat AND discord chat I am active in just about every day) and C)what sort of responsibilities they have going on at home (I bet they are all childless people and/or teens who are on summer vacation.)

I haven't noticed a boost at all...just notice no matter how many stupid battles against insanely challenging (seriously where is the difficulty toggle I always play on easy) creatures that are NOT the ones I'm looking for until I get insanely bored, or my creatures get hurt bad enough that I have to go and hang out in the barracks for forever to recover (sometimes I'm forced to exit zone and lose my spawns), or my hand starts to ache. I've legit never had achey hands from playing any online video game...until this one.

I never expected to get the same amount of items/pets as the more active players. I did expect I'd be able to find a pyro at least once an hour though. This hasn't happened and its made me very discouraged about staying with this game...which makes me feel even worse as I actually gave RL money to you guys...sometimes I've never even done with Flight rising which is legit my favorite game right now.
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 3:13 AM Post #79
I think you should aim to try to find them in Astryl's Tranquility. With Level 65 pets kitted out properly, you should get through hundreds of battles way quicker than in the Lost Grove, and therefore find more Pyros. Like I said, I spend about 2 hours a day on here. I have been more active in the past, and am active when I have the time. I am childless, yes, but I'm not a teenager on vacation and live a pretty busy life, and I think there are plenty of active players who are just as busy as I am and more so. Please don't insult players for playing, although I can understand the frustration. Again, I'm only a few months older than you on this site, so I've been there. But there are lots of players willing to help as well :) You will level up crazy quickly in AT and if you do a few Dungeons of the Forsaken runs. That will help in the Lost Grove. I've sent you a philter of expedient learning, so you will level up even quicker :) The battling will get easier when you reenter the LG at a higher level. It is meant to be extremely time-consuming and difficult in there, as it was created to keep us busy while the site gets a huge overhaul. You can find Pyros in the other areas, and I would recommend that. I think that's how the event caters to newbie players who haven't reached max level yet. The Lost Grove is currently the most difficult area in the game, so don't be too worried if it's too hard yet haha. A few more levels and you'll be wiping those sprites out in no time! In terms of gold for diamonds, yes that does take a while, particularly while a sale is on, but there are loads of great ways to make gold, and 200 is quite a lot of pets! If you've got some higher statted pets, you can send them on missions for gold, or run through the dungeons and sell all the equipment and prizes you get. I promise, it gets a lot easier to make gold once you've got a few buildings built in the LG, it just takes a while to get there, but I think that's like any game. Good luck, and PM me if you need anything!
Edited By Sarahnyy051 on 7/9/2018 at 3:49 AM.
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 5:22 AM Post #80
the only issue is I wanted to obtain one more rikki to hopefully pair with the one I was lucky enough to get already lol XD Plus I've been taking the pyro hunting time to work on the LG quests I need to do.

EDIT: Almost forgot to say thank you!
Edited By Vermontvampyre on 7/9/2018 at 5:23 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.