Forum Index > News and Announcements > Patriotic Event Overview
Page 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 4:57 AM Post #91
This thread is getting a little on the ugly side. I don't think anyone was attacking you, but like mentioned above, sometimes forum posts can be misinterpreted and cause offence. Your posts have felt a bit like that, but you're frustrated, and that's ok too. I just think there are several things you're doing that are making things a bit more difficult for you. Level 65 should be slow in the Lost Grove, but it can be quicker. It's great that you're in there at all, because the XP you will get from battles will be worth it, and you will level up quickly. Are Night Stalker, Day Beauty and Merna your battle pets? I know it's preference, but I would recommend attuning them to Earth, Light and Air, and arranging them in your party in that order. That's been my go-to set up in the LG and it really helped me a lot. I can send you some weapons for those elements if you'd like, but I would suggest taking some of the advise above and trying to save enough gold to invest in some max stat pets. There are some species that are quite cheap, really, and even if you just have one, it will really help. I just cleared basically all of my stables, but I'll PM you about some of my non-max stat, but 60-70ish pets if you think that would help. I have found the community here incredibly helpful. When I joined I pretty much wanted everything all at once, but I enjoyed going through the storyline and saving gold and doing things that way. I was off work though and I did play pretty much nonstop for the first week haha. I'm about 3 months in now, and I'm still learning, but I promise you the grind pays off. Once you have a good set of gear, you can sell any drops you get from enemies, and they aren't just the bosses. I've got loads of Exotic gear from chests and normal enemies too. I get that it's hard at the beginning, but you really only just started, and all we're trying to do is give advise and help you get to the point that you want to. I was intimidated by the breeding element too at first, but now I almost like it more than the gameplay, but I'm still delayed by having to save up gold to buy dyes and magical pies and trait disrupters. I don't mind that it takes a while; I think that's fair. If you stick with the site I really think you'll find it's worth it. We're only all defending it because we love it :)
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 5:21 AM Post #92
I know things have gotten easier for me since I joined and that people on this site are very helpful. I'm not even that impatient really? But this game is like Monster Hunter. They throw you into it with little to no tutorial and you're expected to hit the ground running. (Especially considering what tutorial there is sets you up for the old text based battle and exploration system...not the system in the 3rd zone.) But again I find it upsetting where the ONLY way to make reliable money is one thing I don't want to spend all my free time doing (aka battling) or sending pets on missions (which I can never remember to do and is super annoying when I realize I want to change their proficiency points/equipped gear but I can't because on mission and of course I've forgotten about wanting to do that when they get off miss
Also if i had a buck for everyone who's told me what elements i should be using and what prof points should go where and what items i should equip on them or even the fact that i should aim to get Max stats asap....well I'd have enough money to donate and buy a permanent scanner >.< I like my set up. I do NOT want an earth pet as a tank...I like my water tank. I do not want a wind attack that hits only 1 enemy at once...I prefer the splash attack that using a fire pet gives you. As for the Light I like her where she as...as my support/healer. Not trying to be rude but I think that this game should be the same difficulty level no matter your party set up. Maybe just a hair different depending on attacks and such...but not so big that you are FORCED to use a wind attacker when you prefer fire.

As for offering me items? lol I have at least a full set of each of the exotic gears if not 2 (and I'm not counting the stuff that's equipped to my party either.) But each extra exotic gear i get is only around 3k gold or less (the exotic warden helmet things are like 2.4k gold when sold.) This means if i fight all the none named boss spawns and get 1 extra piece from each that I then sell? That's only 18k gold a day (because as I said I have other games to play) of course at about 1k of that goes towards feeding my pets. then the rest is either saved up for expanding either my stables or my equipment folder/inventory folder or is used to buy the nets/healing potions/revival potions that I am in desperate need of because as of yet I haven't been able to construct even one building >.< Why not? Because they aren't dropping the items I need >.<
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 5:29 AM Post #93
Eep saw this after I sent you a message oops. I used to have water too, but Air just won me over. Just suggesting as that had worked for me far better :) I meant vinethorn gear, which is the level up from exotic. I wasn't trying to just repeat everything others had said, it's just that's the best advise out there I think.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 5:48 AM Post #94
How casual are you to not be able to spend just 30 mins in a day to earn some ingame gold? If you hate doing dungeons you can just do missions. Doing missions alone should earn you 100k gold in a day if you do it right and that only takes 5 mins. Also, every time you complete missions go send your pets on missions again first before opening your satchels. If you aren't willing to spend 5 mins in a day just to send your pets on missions I have nothing to say anymore to you.

The thing is no one forces you to grind. I think some old players still play this game because they like the breeding aspect in this game and thus why they still haven't reached lvl 70 yet, let alone having all buildings in Lost Grove. If you don't like to grind you don't need to do it. You can still earn some ingame gold by sending your pets on missions and use the gold to buy stuffs you want. Having all buildings in Lost Grove is also not necessary. I'm sure many players still don't have all buildings due to how many mats are needed to unlock one, especially the last 3 buildings.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 6:05 AM Post #95
Hey Vampy ^^

I wanted to post to see if I could clear a few things up being an Older player who is on the casual side of things. I'm Currently in collage and looking for a career as I prepare to graduate in the next month while I work little side jobs here and there, needless to say I am Busy and the even has left me a little worn from sleep XD. Over my entire 3 years here on the site I may have only put in close to 200 dollars, and that's when I had graduated High school and had some play money from a summer Job But believe it or not I only baught stuff to boost my fest endeavors.

Like many others have said this is not a Pay to Play game, but I have learned You don't always get what you are looking for but there is a good chance you will get something someone else is. Most of my fest is spent trading the things I might not want to keep to people ho have something I do want We are a pretty tight nit community who loves helping each other out and I personally love to spoil newbies when It comes fest time. Its just a balancing game between poor luck and nice people, so you can find most of what you want each fest if not the next go around.

as for the Diamonds, There is the currancey exchange, but I find that a bit gold consuming so I devote my time and effort to winning the forum games aiming for the top spot so I can save up. Thats how I got my scanner and tester Not to mention trading the really good items and pets I find for Diamonds. I guess I trying to say you don't have to Pay to play more you have to Trade to Play wither that be Time or Items. This mini fest was steep imo it was much harder and thats because the player base is getting more talented Like Latte and Zen and Theafy! (And countless others you three were just the first to come to mind ^^) That sometimes does leave us new or more casual players in the dust, but I know Krin and Fai are trying their best trying to balance the difficulty. We are lucky to have Admin that even Listen our concerns (Most of the just shoo us away like Peasents)

If you Have any question Feel free to PM me I dont Mind taking about it further
-Kate
Vermontvampyre
Level 65
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 6:55 AM Post #96
....what part of "i can never remember to send my pets on missions" do you not get? If I was at a desk rather than having a laptop on my lap I would have just headdesk'd myself into unconsciousness.Kind of hard to get money from missions IF YOU CANT REMEMBER THEY ARE THERE. Since all you are going to do is harp on game play that won't work for me and my crappy memory then please just stop replying kthxbai.

As to the other 2 who kindly replied (sorry I already forgot your names so I can't add you to the ping) I get what y'all are saying. And yes I find it great that the admin takes the time to reply to us (or at least Krin does...is he the only admin lol?) Its just that this game goes from 0 to 60 in .8 seconds and if you aren't prepared to spend most of your time focusing almost solely on this game alone you are left behind. This isn't a great business model in the long run.

I mean like I said i feel like I was tricked into joining this game because I though it was going to be like I dunno...flight rising except not so many dragons with a tad bit of adventuring thrown in for fun. Except what I got is the worst zubat filled cave that I'm forced to grind in and everyone telling me I pretty much need this team with these exact stats and screw all the pretty pets because this is an RPG DARN IT. Like seriously these darn forest sprites can go roast in hell with the zubats from like every pokemon cave EVER. (If you haven't ever played pokemon....what rock do you live under? :P)

I don't recall which of the 3 of you said "grind a dungeon for 30 minutes" ...the only dungeon i can do in 30 is Nightfall and I barely get 15k G IF that...and I'm able to completely the slide puzzle each time no issue too and I always get the "pick a rune based on weather right" and have only ONCE messed up the combo lock. So yeah its not like I'm missing all of those. Again I don't get very much of anything from it. Any more than 30 or so minutes and I'm eating into my game time on the other, less grindy, games and chatting with my friends. Heck between pms and forum here I wasnt able to find the time to sign into my irc channel last night meaning I missed talking to 2 great friends.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 7:21 AM Post #97
Missions are the easiest way to get 100k gold in a day. If you aren't willing to do that, then I guess I can't expect you to do anything else because apparently you prefer to whine than spend some effort in this game.

I was the one who told you I grind 2 dungeons in 25 mins and I'm sure I can finish them less than 25 mins now since the lvl cap has been raised from 60 to 70 with better gears to use as well.

If you want to get stuffs you want without spending any effort, I guess this game isn't for you. Also, don't worry this is my last reply to you. Shouldn't have wasted time to talk with rude player like you in the first place.
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 9:50 AM Post #98
I guess I just don't really know what you want from this post. No one is saying screw all the pretty pets, but you're trying to play in the hardest area of the game that some longtime players haven't even reached yet after less than a month with really low-statted pets. It will be hard until you upgrade your pets and your gear. All exotic doesn't really cut it in the LG if you don't have pets that are strong enough. You're getting the same advice over and over again because it is the best advice. Everyone is just trying to help. I'm not going to post here anymore as it's a very unpleasant thread now, but feel free to reply to my message or ask anything whenever. I'll leave those high stat pets set up for you for 1 gold for a few days. All the best.
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 12:46 PM Post #99
Although this has been entertaining to read and lurk on, I don't think this is the place for this conversation, plus it seems to be getting hostile... Maybe move to the suggestion box or general chat?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 5:50 PM Post #100
Locking this thread.

It's been mostly civilized so far and I thank those who were keeping it as such. However, the event has now ended and this was very borderline offtopic during the event, but is very much so at this point.

We have a ton of options available for seeking help/asking questions and I implore anyone struggling to seek those out. We are all here for the same reason! And there are literally hundreds of people in this community going out of their way to help others reach that same goal every single day. So if one is truly interested in getting help and figuring things out - the help is most definitely available to them.

The Q&A Forum is a fantastic place to ask simple, and sometimes even complicated, questions about all sorts of topics.

The Battle Forum is a good place for asking complicated battling strategies to make battling easier and get help figuring out how to build powerful parties.

There are also a plethora of guides in the Player Guides forum on all sorts of topics, including on how to make lots of Gold.

You can always use the PM system to have private chats about all of the above topics with those willing to lend assistance.

And lastly, you are always free to send me a PM about any question or issue you may be having and I will do the best I can to offer my assistance.
Edited By Krinadon on 7/10/2018 at 5:51 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.