Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/27/2018 at 11:16 AM Post #11
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=61749&page=1#10
Author: GoldGryphon
Time Posted: 5/27/2018 at 10:50 AM
I guess I am just not remembering how the perfumed worked in fests. Because I do understand the LG works.

So, in the fest zone, the perfume will consider it is an encounter with water sprites and Sylestia/Themed pets, but not the bandits? If this is the case, then it would be better for me not to have an active perfume when I cross the pond.....

Any encounter in the Festival Zone will consume a Perfume tick, including bandits. The first check in any encounter is whether or not a Themed Pet was triggered regardless of location. If a Themed Pet was not triggered, then it goes about the normal script and finds what enemy you're battling.

So that's why any encounter will count for the Perfume because the Perfume will affect every encounter in the Festival Zone. If you're on the water, it will just be limited to only the species able to be found on the water.

But every encounter has a chance of spawning a Themed Pet and the Perfume will boost that chance every time while active.

The Lost Grove uses a population thing and it functions completely differently - so that's why the Perfume also functions differently there.
Edited By Krinadon on 5/27/2018 at 11:16 AM.
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 5/27/2018 at 2:02 PM Post #12
Thank you for this, Krin. I definitely prefer having festival zone perfumes right now.

Also, I just completed a run of the zone using a perfume and I think this is the most successful themed hunt I have ever done. I managed to meet eight themed pets and captured seven of them!
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 5/27/2018 at 9:33 PM Post #13
Krin, my apologies.... I feel like such an idjit for not remembering how the perfumes worked in the fest zones compared to lost grove. But it finally clicked and I do understand. Thanks for being patient with me and explaining it so well.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/27/2018 at 10:41 PM Post #14
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=61749&page=2#13
Author: GoldGryphon
Time Posted: 5/27/2018 at 9:33 PM
Krin, my apologies.... I feel like such an idjit for not remembering how the perfumes worked in the fest zones compared to lost grove. But it finally clicked and I do understand. Thanks for being patient with me and explaining it so well.

No worries at all! Don't have to tell me that many things here are rather confusing. =P
Aprilleo10
Level 64
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/6/2018 at 12:42 PM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=61749&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 5/27/2018 at 3:58 AM
Once again, we've had to make some adjustments to how Perfumes of Themed Attraction work. This was due to the them being attuned to the Lost Grove and now going back to having regular Festival Zones... the bonus that accrues with using them in the Lost Grove was basically not compatible with the Festival Zones and there was no way to keep them the same item and that bonus remain as it is.

Therefore, we have spliced them into two separate items. All existing Perfumes are now the Perfumes used for Festival Zones. There really was no viable solution for choosing one or the other so we went with the option we figured most would prefer. If you had existing Perfumes and would like them to instead be the Lost Grove version, please send me a PM with the specifics and I'll be happy to accommodate.

All players' Lost Grove Perfume bonuses were kept exactly as they were and have remained untouched. However, if you had an active Perfume going, it was set to be a Festival Zone Perfume. Meaning, it no longer will be active for the Lost Grove. You will have to use the Lost Grove variant to continue getting the benefit from the Lost Grove.

For those who already had active Perfumes, I just kept their duration even though Festival Zone Perfumes are now set to 20 Battles. So you may notice that first Festival Zone Perfume lasting much longer than the ones you use after it.

The two variations are now available from the Diamond Shop:

Perfume of Themed Attraction
Price: 150
Availability: Limited to Festivals

Perfume of Themed Attraction (Lost Grove)
Price: 100
Availability: Always
what does the perfume even do?
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 6/6/2018 at 2:24 PM Post #16
Increases the likelihood of encountering a themed pet when you're in the festival zone.
18eities
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 6/6/2018 at 8:25 PM Post #17
Festival zone or lost grove. Previously there was only the festival zone, then Krin changed it to work in the LG when the Lost grove came out (but there wasn't a fest running then, either.). Now that there's two different zones to worry about, Krin's split it into two items.

Both increase the chance of finding a themed pet.
Edited By 18eities on 6/6/2018 at 8:31 PM.
Sakarineveah
Level 18
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/9/2018 at 9:35 AM Post #18
[quote=1259899} why are you going to wear perfume if no one can smell it?

not in a rude way
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 6/23/2018 at 4:49 PM Post #19
The Perfume is not for humans/players to smell, it is for Themed Sylestis to smell to attract them to your location. ^_^ Much like real life deer (and other real life creatures) attractant is supposed to attract the deer (or creature in question). (Though real life deer attractant can definitely be smelled by humans... o.o )

@Krin, I had 2 questions and I'm putting them here instead of PMing you in case anyone else wondered the same thing. ^_^
-Can Perfumes of Themed Attraction still be converted to the Lost Grove variant?
-Do we have to convert all of the ones we have if we convert them or could we convert just part?
Thank you for your time and attention and I hope you have a nice day! ^_^
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 6/23/2018 at 8:18 PM Post #20
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=61749&page=2#19
Author: Varyntha
Time Posted: 6/23/2018 at 4:49 PM
The Perfume is not for humans/players to smell, it is for Themed Sylestis to smell to attract them to your location. ^_^ Much like real life deer (and other real life creatures) attractant is supposed to attract the deer (or creature in question). (Though real life deer attractant can definitely be smelled by humans... o.o )

@Krin, I had 2 questions and I'm putting them here instead of PMing you in case anyone else wondered the same thing. ^_^
-Can Perfumes of Themed Attraction still be converted to the Lost Grove variant?
-Do we have to convert all of the ones we have if we convert them or could we convert just part?
Thank you for your time and attention and I hope you have a nice day! ^_^

You can't request to convert new perfumes - only older ones from before the change.

And you can request a split amount - just split the stacks in half (or whatever number) if requesting.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.