Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Spring Festival - Create an Edible...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 6/17/2018 at 12:54 PM Post #31
I...tried T.T So far both of my ideas have managed to fail, so i'm putting them both up for participation since nothing seems t quite be working as i want it to >.<

Attempt #1: I wantd to make a savory beetle. My plan was to make the ody otu of my fave "stuffed chicken" dish, with an exoskeleton of bacon. Unortuantely, the bacon was too thin and kept falling apart, so I was unable to complete this one.

Gathering the ingredients. Meet my little helper, our foster kitten Pepper, who is misbehaving while also standing next to...some pepper xD

The stuffing is made of cream cheese, shredded cheese, and spinach. Pepper says it is yummy >.> (I had to keep removing him fro th counter, and he kept coming back. It took him the time it took for me to get my camera out and snap a pic, hence why he got in this one lol.)

Finished stuffing. Pepper wants spinach.

Chickens all stuffed and ready for the bacon. This is where it all went to chaos and between uncooperatie bacon and havign to toss a kitten off the counter, this is the last pic i got of this one. IT was yummy! but...not buglike in the least :/

Additional helpers, who made moving difficult. They are Pepper's sisters Coriander and Nutmeg, who like to get under feet and spent the entire time I was working on this just mewling at me.

Attempt #2: Lunes are insects! I decided to use some wafer cookies i had to make a dough-like substance using peanut butter. I wanted to use that to sculpt the lune, and then I was going to sculpt some branch wings as well.

Gthering the ingredients.

The mixture of peanut butter and wafer. It kinda ended up more of a rice krispie treat consistency. Oh well, should still work right? (spoiler alert: wrong)

I made the body in 3 sections (mistake). I decided to use a peice of dry spaghetti to hold them together.

The end result was...ah...well...i'll just let your imagination run wild with this. I couldnt do wings on him, because everytime i tried to pick him up his head fell off despite being "glued" with peanut butter. He got chocolate krispie eyes and spaghetti arms. I tried? XD

If i can think of something else to try before fest ends i'll add it on, but figured my failures could at least get me participation @-@
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 6/17/2018 at 2:34 PM Post #32
Well, I managed to cobble this thing together. Better late than never I suppose! xD I love this contests so much, but real life and what not have gotten hectic again, not to mention how stinking hot it gets during the day which makes it not pleasant to cook inside. However, here it is...Butterfly Pizza!

The gathered ingredients. Not listed are the tools such as the knife and stencil used to cut the pizza crust.

After trying multiple ways of creating lines on the pizza crust that did not require the use of the marker (since thats not edible), I finally decided to just make a stencil and use it to cut out the butterfly wings. This proved to be slightly more difficult that I had thought at first because my artistic skills are very poor. xD

Here is the cut out pizza arranged on the baking sheet. I used a little extra to make the "body". Pro Tip: If you are worried about trying to make your pictures look nice because your kitchen and dishes are a mess...cover everything in tin foil! :D

Me trying to be as artistic as possible. When I first conceived this idea I had grand plans for a very intricate design, but in the end I had to just sort of wing it! (tee-hee, see what I did there?)

The pizza as its going into the oven. I sprinkled the green onions around to give it sort of a speckled look and I have to say I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Also am kinda impressed with myself for making this a purely veggie pizza, but then again, veggies are perfect for butterflied because they're so colorful!

Fully baked and out of the oven. Was surprisingly tasty and looked great! I did add a few green onion pieces for antennae just to make it look even more like a butterfly.

Edited By Britters on 6/18/2018 at 1:10 PM.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 6/18/2018 at 11:49 AM Post #33
Well, I finally get my photos uploaded and come here to post them and find that someone has done something similar. xD But here's mine anyway because I put a lot of effort (and probably time but I didn't watch the clock so I don't actually know xD ) into it and they're not exactly the same. ^_^ And, someone has already set precedent for Lunemara being insects so I don't have to. :D

Step 1. Gather ingredients: Strawberries, blueberries, and curds and whey.

Step 2. Food painting! ^D^ This is the wings and the beginning of the thorax, the wings basically painted with the whey and a spoon ^w^ and the thorax being formed with curds. ^_^ I wanted the whey to show some of the detail texture like on real Lunemara and used the curds to create a kind of furry look for the thorax and arms. ^D^

Step 3. Finished with the curds and whey.

Step 4. Just kidding! I had to wait until I had a head before I knew where to put the antennae. xD Now it has a body, formed out of carefully arranged strawberry halves. ^_^ There was this one strawberry half that had this curve at the tip, so I just had to use it for the "nose". ^D^

Step 5. Beginning the wing decoration using more thinly cut strawberry wedges. The wing design was based on a real Trait, but I wasn't at my computer (and I had messy and sticky hands) because I'm using this s******y new camera from 1995, so I couldn't check and see if I was using a current or old version of the Trait. ^D^; -Or if I was even making it look right since I was trying to do it from memory. xD

Step 6. Added more to the wing and antennae design and added Ladybug spots body Gene and an eye with blueberries ^w^ and added glow to the wing tips using strawberry juice from the strawberries. :D

Step 7. Added more details to the wings and antennae and added Tri-Color Gene to the thorax using strawberry and blueberry juices from their respective berries. ^D^ (The strawberry juice is the lighter, slightly oranger colour and the blueberry juice is the darker, somewhat purple colour.)

Step 8. Take a picture without flash so some things are better seen without the glare and reflections from it. (I can't tell if others will be able to see the kind of sparkle in there that was meant to kind of emulate Glow Dust or not... It seemed to mostly only show on the parts over the body.) Also, I noticed that the glow on one of the wing tips was not showing very well on the camera so I thickened the strawberry juice on it. (That technique wouldn't have worked for the Glow Dust because of the nature of the juice and the sparkle technique, so that remains of questionable visibility. xD I know it's there so it's easy for me to see it, but I don't know if others can see it. ^D^;; )

And there's my food insect! ^D^ I hope you like it!
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 6/18/2018 at 9:56 PM Post #34
I present to you:

How to Stage an Entirely Fake and Ridiculously Unbelievable Picnic Emergency

1- Gather some black licorice.

2- Cut the licorice in circles and thin stripes.

3- Arrange the pieces of licorice to form ants and place artfully all over the food.

4- Shout dramatically: "Oh, no! There's ants in our food! This picnic is ruined!"

Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 6/19/2018 at 8:41 AM Post #35
Here's mine:

First I collected the ingredients.

Then I dyed the fondant.

I started making some roses to accompany my insect.

Finished the roses.

Started making the insects.

Made a couple more bees.

Top view of finished product!
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 6/20/2018 at 3:50 PM Post #36

I woke up early this morning, so I thought I could squeeze this in for my breakfast. It doesn't look as good as I hoped it would, but it is still pretty tasty!
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 6/20/2018 at 5:47 PM Post #37
I decided to try to make a mantis from celery and peanut butter.

Carved this to make part of the body.

I decided to use peanut butter to make the abdomen since that would help keep the rest where it needed to be. The celery part above the abdomen would be the wings. I cut pieces of celery and bent them to make the legs.

I didn't notice how blurry this picture turned out, but this is with the head put on.

I got the other set of legs done.

It's getting there but there's some touching up to do.

I tried cleaning up the presentation and added a bit more to the wings. I got some spaghetti and a few pieces of celery to make it a little bug to catch.

It's complete. It's about to catch a little bug.

Edited By Savynn on 6/20/2018 at 5:49 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 6/20/2018 at 9:56 PM Post #38
Step 1: ingredients

Step 2: Sculpting the giant gummy bear into wings was the hardest part.

Step 3: Finished. The eyes are cherry halves, the body is banana and chocolate, the stinger is a section of peanut butter cup, the legs are carved chocolate bar sections, the pollen on the hind legs is salt tinted with yellow food coloring, and of course the wings are sculpted from the giant gummy bear, with a bit of food coloring to bring out the vein pattern on the wings.

Yes, there are green metallic bees. This was not photoshopped.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 6/20/2018 at 11:51 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 11:57 PM Post #39
1st Place

Prizes: 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, 3-Visible (2-Vis if Majestic) Spring Festival Themed Pet of Choice, [Majestic Seed Pouch] x1, [Box of Garden Supplies] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3

Angelzrulez

Dragoil

2nd Place

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Majestic Seed Pouch] x1, [Box of Garden Supplies] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x2

Absoluteinsanity

3rd Place

Prizes: 250 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Majestic Seed Pouch] x1, [Box of Garden Supplies] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1

Pickless

Participation Prize

Prizes: [Philter of Expedient Learning] x1, [Perfume of Themed Attraction] x3, [Premium Seed Pouch] x1, [Premium Fertilizer] x3, [Avatar Item (Spring - Retired)] x5, [Decorated Eggs] x1,000
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.