Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Writing Contest V.6
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 27, 28, 29 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 9:56 PM Post #31
Each round is different. I also can't say if yours is too long or too short.
Amarok
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 10:26 PM Post #32
but that...makes no sense...

If you have a pre-defined word limit paramater in your head for judging us, then how on earth are we supposed to know what it is if you're unable to tell us? Contests usually are very clear about word limit parameters. If you're using a word limit paramater to judge how effectively we can communicate in a limited span of words, that's fine. But you have to tell us what the limitation is in the first place.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 11:03 PM Post #33
There is no word limit lol. I want to leave room for you to write more and be creative. If you think your story doesn't need to be long because its pretty good, then that's fine too.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 7:13 AM Post #34
been busy, still trying to decide if I have a good enough idea to enter
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 11:04 AM Post #35
I'm sure you'd come up with something, you often have great ideas.
Taragonra
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 24
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 7:05 PM Post #36
I'll go with song 5-Sonata Arctica-Fullmoon

"How could I let this happen?" The man thought. "How could I have possibly lost track of time at this time of month?!" Frantically he packed the things he might need, even though it was a farce. He didn't need any of them. He doubled over in pain, cursing the Moon glowing from the window. As the moonlight glinted off his ring, he cursed himself as well. He should have known better. Should have known this would happen someday. Why did he let his heart win again? This was going to end the same way it always did, if not worse. The townspeople were getting suspicious too. He had to go now, before she woke up. Before he killed her too. He could feel the changes starting, he had to leave NOW! But where too? There was nowhere in this small village to hide for the next few nights. Nowhere to run to. Forgetting the things he packed, he stumbled towards the front door, trying to hold back the howls that strained to burst from his chest.

*click* He looked up and to his horror saw her blocking the way, locking the only door that might have kept her safe.

She looked at him in concern, "Darling?" She took a step towards him.

"NO!" He stumbled away, "get back, you don't understand! Run! Get away from me! I-" he stopped to chock off a howl that began to break free, collapsing in his effort to stay himself.

She ran to him, holding him as the pain of the transformation wracked his body. "I know what you are. I always knew. And I don't care."

He groaned again as the fangs, claws, and fur began to grow. Growling he flipped her over and pinned her to the floor, straining to stay himself, to understand what she was saying. "She knew? What s she talking about?" His thoughts were cloudy with the killer instincts trying to take over as he ripped himself away from her.

"You don't have to be alone anymore. How many years has it been since this happened? How many years have you been alone? You don't need to lock me out. I love you, I don't care what you are! I'll become whatever you need for me to stay!"

He howled as the transformation completed. The monster looked at the woman in front of him. She was different. There was....no fear. She wasn't screaming, she wasn't trying to kill him or get away. The way she was looking at him...the monster had never seen a human look at him like that before, and he never would again.

He ran, faster than he'd run from a mob before. The villagers had of course, heard her screams. They had knocked the door down, the extra time from the door being locked was all he needed...all they needed. They hadn't realized that all the howling was no longer coming from one source. He might be a monster, but the blood thirst from one's first night is something else. The house he left was, as many times before, a bloody mess. But this time, he hadn't caused it. He glanced at the she-wolf beside him and howled again, and she answered. Somehow, the monster didn't feel as much of a monster anymore. And he'd never have to be alone again, whether he was a monster or a man.
Edited By Taragonra on 4/30/2018 at 2:37 PM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 4/22/2018 at 4:23 PM Post #37
great *hugs* hope to see ya there
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 4/22/2018 at 4:23 PM Post #38
btw, its for you to decide
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 4/23/2018 at 8:01 PM Post #39
*bump*
Jennileigh25
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 19
Posted: 4/23/2018 at 8:58 PM Post #40
I used Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow for this song. I think it relates to many issues these days. You never know what someone else is going through. You don't know what is happening in their mind or at home. Don't judge another, you won't ever be able to walk in their shoes.

Trigger Warning-Bullying and Suicidal Thoughts and Actions

The day is done. Another one has come to past. A walk into the front door, silence and darkness greets me. It was once filled with light, but that changed the day mother died of cancer. Father lost his spark. The other kids dont know, they dont understand why I wear her clothes. I cant breathe or talk about it. The pain and grief isnt over, I have to move on. I should run, run from him and his darkness, I need to move on. Still its two more years until I can.

My room is locked away from him and it holds her. I look in it and toss my bag on the ground and lay in the bed, dried tears and blood linger on my face but I dont care. I wish they knew, knew it what it was like to live how I do. I want them to feel the same way. Let them all burn in their own hatred and I will stand there and laugh at them as I walk away, headed to nowhere.

Screams and shouts are muffled as I bury my face into my pillow. There is no point, it is lost, all of it. I lift my head to breathe and my eyes see the picture that sits on my nightstand, a small paper note folded there. Her last words to me written there, I cant give in. I wont let them win! I cant let them break me. They dont know anything about me! They havent lived what I have lived through. I will stand tall, shut it all out but make them see, no matter what they say or do, I will shock them all, they will all gasp in surprise!

Another day in this place, more words, snickers and eyes following me where ever I seem to look or dont look. A misplaced step, a fall to the ground, blood from a broken nose as I lay there in the dirt, tears blind the sight. Home again, "I cant do this anymore." Whispered words to no one that cares to listen any longer. The bathroom, a blade, my arm, it would be so easy. "Take me with you Mom". Show me where Heaven is. Tears run down my face as the blade presses into my skin, an easy cut. I close my eyes as the blade pushes deeper. Let the darkness take me.

The blade falls to the counter, my knees grow weak and I fall to the bathroom floor. The tile is cold on my legs and I bury my face in my hands. Barely a scratch to my wrists but it is all lost. All of it, there is no point. Between my tears and sobs, I look up and see a picture of my mother hanging in the mirror. My father must have put it there. She is smiling again. I sniffle and wipe the tears away and stand once more. I cant give in. I have to live for her. I cant let the pressure of the kids or the loss of her, be the reason why I fail. I cant let my life fade so easily.

I am nervous, nervous that father will join her soon. I need to watch him. I follow him around, stalk him. I cant change myself but perhaps I can make sure he doesnt join her. The kids dont understand, they laugh, joke and point and still they dont know what I go through. Why cant I show them? I have no courage to change. I am not proud of what I have done, not proud of anything. I will shut them out! I will show them!

How? How do I show them? How do I not break? How do I not give in? I need help, I cant do this. Why did you leave me mother? Father, please help me. Help me to stand again, help me get pass this. Will I ever stop looking over my shoulder for her? Will I ever stop watching to make sure you dont do something and leave me also? Should I just go? Should I go before you so that you wont hurt? What do I do now?

I must go on. I must stand tall somehow. I must pull strength. I can shut them all out and still live my life somehow. Perhaps Father will follow my lead, perhaps it will change one day. I can shut them out and still have hope that this cant be all there is, cant I?
Edited By Jennileigh25 on 4/23/2018 at 10:43 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 27, 28, 29
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.