Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Barracks Tasks (The Lost Grove)
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 3:18 AM Post #1
We have finally released the much talked about Barracks Tasks feature. This feature allows players to visit their Barracks (inside the Lost Grove) and accept various Tasks from within any buildings that they have constructed.

At this time, there are two different types of Tasks available: Weekly Tasks and Daily Tasks. Daily Tasks can be repeated daily and reset every day at midnight. Weekly Tasks can be repeated weekly and reset every Sunday at midnight.

The rewards for Weekly Tasks are better than the rewards for Daily Tasks, however the Tasks typically will involve a bit more effort.

Additionally, each section will have its own Tasks available to it. This means that as you progress through the Lost Grove and unlock more areas, more Tasks will open up per day/per week.

At this time, only the Temple of Light is offering Tasks. Before I release all of the Section 1 Tasks for all of the buildings, I want to make sure everything is kinda working correctly.

Lastly, the only available rewards from Tasks at this time are gold and materials. More will be added as time goes on. We also intend to add a way to view your current Tasks while exploring via one of the defunct buttons on the interface.

Please post any questions/comments/feedback about this new feature. Thanks!
GloriAnne
Level 70
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 13
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 3:25 AM Post #2
Ah, awesome! Thank you for doing this!!

I got a ferikki orb for the weekly task fulfillment! Yes!!!!!!! :D

EDIT: Found some of the lost scouts. The graphic for them is showing as a yellow ! on the map.... not sure if this is intentional, or should be a picture of a scout instead? Just in case.
Edited By GloriAnne on 3/27/2018 at 3:36 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 3:39 AM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59301&page=1#2
Author: GloriAnne
Time Posted: 3/27/2018 at 3:25 AM
Ah, awesome! Thank you for doing this!!

I got a ferikki orb for the weekly task fulfillment! Yes!!!!!!! :D

EDIT: Found some of the lost scouts. The graphic for them is showing as a yellow ! on the map.... not sure if this is intentional, or should be a picture of a scout instead? Just in case.

Hehe. Yes, that is intentional.

The artwork requirement for all of the Tasks would be way too much. So for the indefinite future, Task Interactions will just display as the exclamation point.
GloriAnne
Level 70
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 13
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 3:41 AM Post #4
Okay :) Just checking.
Kaydra
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 238
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 3:59 AM Post #5
Thankyou so much Krin, I never thought id get that darn Nephini dust >.<
Tasks are already amazing <3
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 5:03 AM Post #6
Nice! I'll have to take a look later...maybe I'll get some of the stuff I still need for buildings...
Antiquechainsaw
Level 33
Threads: 12
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 11:05 AM Post #7
This sounds really helpful, but alas, I am not level 60. *dramatic faint*
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 11:51 AM Post #8
I am kind of bummed that these are tied to opened buildings. I have been trying to get anything opened since they became available, with no luck. I was hoping the tasks would help with the monotonous grind and actually give me some sort of accomplishment because I am starting to think that this is a lost cause. Looks like that is not the case.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 2:47 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59301&page=1#8
Author: Faeyla
Time Posted: 3/27/2018 at 11:51 AM
I am kind of bummed that these are tied to opened buildings. I have been trying to get anything opened since they became available, with no luck. I was hoping the tasks would help with the monotonous grind and actually give me some sort of accomplishment because I am starting to think that this is a lost cause. Looks like that is not the case.

The rewards are shared by all Tasks. So you can get the same rewards from a Temple of Light Task as you can a Blacksmith Task.

It's relatively easy to build the first two buildings which will help you open up more ways of finding materials for the other 3 buildings.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 3/27/2018 at 6:23 PM Post #10
That would have been a much better implementation, Faeyla. Personally, I have zero drive to touch TLG myself anymore, due to the fact that pretty much every step of it is very much set up in the format of story-less, meaningless, grind task A to get equally uninteresting task B so that you can grind for C now, all with no real sense of why am I bothering to do this. What outcome do I get from it? Oh yeah, new grind tasks. None of which feel meaningful. Every day spent in the zone having zero sense of actual accomplishment.

I've not fought the boss as i'm hearing over and over from those who have, that they don't feel a point to continuing anymore and any last shred of desire to continue with it has ended. Do I feel like anything is working together as a community like this zone was always advertised it would be? Nope. About 2-6 people complete 99% of the stages them-self, and the rest of us are told if we want things to be more meaningful feeling we should.. drop out and do it entirely by ourselves. Great options we are being offered there. Who needs a community event, right? It's just listed that way for show I guess.

Just remember, Krin. It's only a grind if it isn't fun. But if you can't figure out how to make any of the steps remotely fun for anybody, even for the heavy players who haven't been expressing that doing 99% of the stages themselves has been fun either, then it is all a grind. It isn't about having a billion things for people to do. It is about having any of those billion things actually be funner than.. going next door, and playing some other game. This is the problem TLG has. Because I can think of a great deal of things more fulfilling feeling than any of this. I mean.. you want us to farm to unlock a quest log, now. That's pretty ridiculous.
Edited By Zelly on 3/27/2018 at 6:30 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.