Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 3/3/2018 at 2:35 AM Post #11
Prologue
The soft shushing of leaves brushing up against fur fills the usually silent forest. A single Ryori stepped out into a dark clearing. The mask he wore glistened in the moonlight for a second before he quickly stepped back into the safety of the shadows.

The forest fell into silence once more, only to be broken a couple minutes later by the sound of loud hooves and claws raking the forest ground. A deep, masculine voice cut through the night air "Ryori? Where are you? Show yourself damn it!" The Ryori calmly stepped out behind the large body of the Griffi.

"No need to get mad Griffi." He said smoothly. The Griffi spun around in surprise but quickly covered it with a scowl. "I assume you will agree to our terms?" The Ryori paused. This was the reason he was here tonight and he was not pleased to be the one doing it. He felt his stomach squirm with worry, at that moment he was glad for the mask that covered his face and emotions.

The Griffi waited for his answer and the Ryori knew he had to give it now. "Yes, we will join you..." The Griffi nodded once with triumph and the Ryori saw he had a taught smile on his face. "Good. We will send word of when it will begin soon." The Ryori didn't acknowledge the Griffis word but simply turned around to leave.

He heard the woosh of wings and by the time he looked back the Griffi had flown off into the night sky. He continued walking back to his leader, to report. He knew he could teleport but he would rather walk. It gave him time to think. As the captain of the Ryoria Guard, he had a job to do.

That job was to protect his people, no matter what. Yet, he thought as he walked. This was perhaps not the way to protect them. He understood that tension had been high between certain kingdoms and empires but was it really the time to act? He couldn't help but feel that perhaps they were diving in too soon.

That there had been a misunderstanding. He quickly banished the thought. No thoughts like that lead to revolts, revolts lead to mutiny, mutiny leads to chaos and if his leader was right (and he really wanted to believe he was) then they could not afford that chaos right now.

He sighed and shook his head lightly. He hadn't realized it but he had reached the gate. The shout of the Ryori guards startled him but he quickly recovered and gave back the password. He looked up at the gates, his eyes only slits through the mask.

The guards heaved open the crank that would allow him to enter.Once it was fully open he hurried through. As the gates closed behind him he realized it was too late to back out now. The war was to begin.

And there was nothing he could do about it.
Edited By Grapejuice on 3/26/2018 at 4:33 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 1:50 PM Post #12
Chapter 1
"Minoa! Give me back my puppet!" The shrill voice cuts through the warm, hazy summer air. The Castle courtyard, normally quiet and peaceful is now filled with the arguing voices of two young Puffadores. Minao, with her soft, sandy, mocha brown fur that swirled into strange shapes, and brilliant green eyes looked down at her younger sibling "Why should I Kusko?" she asked stubbornly.

Kusko whose orange and reddish fur made him seem so different from his sister looked up at her pleadingly with his big blue eyes. The crown of soft glowing blue silk was askew upon his head. The scarf, made from the same material fluttered uselessly by his side. "Please Minoa, I have to go! Dad's taking me to start my training today." Minoa smiled slyly, "Well then you won't be needing this!" She hefted the puppet higher up.

For something that had caused all this commotion it wasn't spectacular. It was once a beautiful puppet of Dalrie: Riser of Day but was now sad, grungy and flat. A small tear had appeared on it's back causing most of the stuffing inside to fall out, one eye had been ripped off and it was patched and even fried in some areas.

"Watch out! You're gonna break it even more" Kusko shouted with fear. Minoa immediately felt bad when she saw that fear in his eyes. She sighed and brought the puppet to his level. Kusko immediately grabbed and hugged it. He looked at her warily as if she would suddenly change her mind and grab it back.

Instead, the pretty puffadore princess lightly patted her brother on the head and grumbled "Go on then, you said dad was waiting for you. Be careful you understand? Don't get into any trouble and don't stab yourself with a sword alright?" He grinned up at her and nodded his head the crown know perched precariously on one ear.

Minoa chuckled slightly and set it straight. "Get going then." she barked and he turned around and scampered off, his short legs skimming over the earth and his puffy tail pointed straight up like a flag. Minoa watched him until he disappeared out the courtyard gates. She then turned and walked back into the castle.

She wished she could have followed her young brother but she knew her duties lay elsewhere. Namely in getting ready to become queen. Her mother was the current queen but was training her for when she was married off and had to become queen of her own kingdom. Minoa scoffed at this idea. To think that she would be handed off like some sort of prize.

Yet it was what was expected of her.

"Minoa!" The stern voice took her by surprise and she whipped around to see her mother, queen Venera standing behind her. Minoa looked like a younger version of her mother, the only difference is that she had her father's brilliant green eyes, while her mother had blue eyes. "Yes mother?" she asked automatically "I want you to go to the throne room, you still need to work on your court behavior."

Minoa rolled her eyes and suppressed a groan, she badly wanted to tell her mother that she couldn't care less how she behaved in court but instead said: "Yes mother." Her mother gave a single nod then turned and walked back the way she came. Minoa grumbled all the way to the throne room, even going as far as kicking an old armor suit that stood guard outside it.

Once inside she didn't see anyone, just her. She supposed her mother would come soon. She looked over at her father's throne, he had always told her not to go on it, and since then she had played a game, sitting on it as long as she dared before being caught. Well, she thought, I'm bored and no one is here, time for another round of Throne.

She looked around one last time to make sure no one was there then walked towards it. She admired the fine mahogany handles and the beautiful feathered purple cushion. She especially adored the jewel set in the center, just above where her father's head would rest. But she loved most of all the sense of rebellion welling up in her.

She placed one paw on the seat, preparing to leap up when a loud bang echoed outside the hall, she froze and turned around. She could hear yelling from the hall, another loud bang and then movement from one of the windows caught her eye. She ran towards it and what she saw made her stiff with shock and fear.

She could see the left wing of the castle was on fire, she could also see shapes moving, swords clashing and bodies dropping, lifeless onto the ground. The doors flew open and she jumped around to see her mother racing in. Queen Venera's normally beautiful coat was marred with scrapes and ash, her crown was slightly burned and her usually flawless outfit was in tatters.

She looked around frantically it took her a moment to spot her daughter but when she did she rushed over to her in relief "Thank Dalrie they haven't caught you yet. Come we must get you to safety." She nudged her daughter's flank to get her moving and then raced ahead. Minoa didn't move, Venera turned around to glare at her "Come one! We have to go" She barked and Minoa snapped out of her daze.

She raced after her mother who was headed towards the throne "Mom! What's going on, there's fighting, and-and I heard shouting and what sounded like a bomb being dropped. Mom!" She yelped in surprise as her mother disappeared behind the throne.

"Mom?" she called out tentatively and her mother popped back up. Minoa looked on in surprise as her mother dragged her over to a small trap door hidden inside the throne. The little door opened from the back. It was flawlessly camouflaged only noticeable if opened.

"There's no time to explain, no listen to me, and listen good. You go in there, there's a tunnel it leads outside the city, go through the tunnel and escape, don't look back, whatever you hear keep going, try and make it to the Laera, Foreakki, or Abodora Kingdom's tell them what happened here. Got it?"

Minoa looks at her mother hopelessly "How can I do that when I don't even know what's happened here?!" she screeches in frustration. Her mother looks down at her sadly "The Ryorr's and Griffi's are attacking, we believe the Lupora and Morkko's may be in on it too." Minoa feels her mouth drop open and goes to ask something else when they hear loud footsteps coming from the hallway.

Her mother looks around panicked "You have to go! Now!" she yelps and with a quick push, shoves her daughter through the door and shuts it. Minoa tumbles forward and lands hard on her stomach the breath is briefly knocked out of her and she feels dazed in the darkness. She is dimly aware of voices and yelps of pain but it takes her a moment to get her bearings.

Once she got her breath back and her eyes adjusted she moved down the tunnel. She heard a voice and paused.

The tunnel leads under a small grate in the throne room. She could just see what was going on from under it. A large Griffi was sitting atop the throne she could see the backs of her mother and father, they were surrounded by a Griffi on each side and where currently being pressed down against the ground.

The Griffi on the throne let out a deep laugh "King Vasilis and Queen Venera. Oh, how the mighty have fallen." She heard more voices and assumed more Griffi's surrounded the area. "I suppose it's only fair, that you get what you deserved. My demands were simple, help my people and the lesser kingdoms and no harm would come to yours, yet you did nothing."

He spit out the last word and she watched as her father craned his head up, she couldn't see the rage in his eyes and the way he glared at the Griffi. "We do not respond to threats." he spits back before the Griffi guarding him forced his head down. The Griffi on the throne's eyes thundered with rage he opened his mouth to speak but the door banged open once more.

This time it was the Ryori guard captain who walked through with five other Ryori. "G'hawl" he greeted the Griffi, the Griffi nodded back "Yes?" "We have captured the city, we apprehended many we did find this one though." and Minoa watched in horror as a small reddish-orange shape was shoved forward. Kusko.

She wanted to yell and scream at them to let her brother go but something made her stay quiet. "Ah if I'm not mistaken this is the young prince." G'hawl (the griffi on the throne) muttered "Come forth young one. Join us." She watched as Kusko ran towards his mother and father.

The griffi's standing guard let them up momentarily to hug their son, it's not like they could escape after all. G'hawl looked over at The ryori "And the girl, where is she?" Minoa felt a chill creep up her spine, they were looking for her. "We haven't found her yet G'howl" the ryori answered Minoa thought he sounded relieved but perhaps that was just wishful thinking.

"Well find her then Kalu!" G'hawl roared, Minoa was certain Kalu would cower back but to her surprise, he squared his shoulders, she couldn't see his eyes through the mask but she was certain they blazed with anger "Be careful G'hawl, do not let this power run to your head. We helped you because we saw no other choice, that does not give you the right to command us." He said all this calmly and quietly but somehow that made him seem that much more deadly.

He then turned around and the other ryori's followed him silently. G'hawl watched them go with a hateful stare then turned his attention back to the family "Well your daughter is free, but we will find her until then I want to remind you that none are safe here."

Minoa hadn't even begun to ponder what that could mean before he leaped off the throne and raked a claw through the air. His claws glinted silver and sharp and then came up with blood dripping down their side. This time Minoa couldn't keep the whimper from tumbling out.

She watched helplessly as her brother screamed in pain and surprise, she watched as his cheek swelled up and blood dripped onto the floor from the gash. She watched her father roar in outrage and launch himself on a guard and watched as her mother launched herself towards G'hawl. She watched as both of them were overpowered and sent flying back towards the center.

Then she heard her mother yowl "Run! Now!" She knew this was meant for her and on shaky, quivering legs ran away from the nightmare and farther into the unknown.
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/22/2018 at 4:26 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/26/2018 at 5:09 PM Post #13
Chapter 2
Kalu left the throne room feeling tired. Most would feel angry or even vengeful after being dismissed like that, especially in his position. But he didn't think much of the Griffi captain. He didn't believe in brute force nor did he condone it.

However, he had his task and wouldn't fail at it. Kalu turned to look at the five other Ryori's under his guard. He took three seconds to come up with a plan and nodded to the first one "Go take the third division and have them block off all exits." The ryori guard nodded and quickly raced off, he turned to the next two and waved his tail three times, that was the signal for stay put and guard the throne room.

They both nodded and took up position in front of the two huge double doors. He looked at the last Ryori and finally said "I want you to search all the dwellings and castle, take division 1 to help you, I want every house checked, she might be hiding out there." he paused for a moment then hastily added, "Don't use force unless necessary." The ryrori guard bowed his head and with a puff of smoke disappeared.

Kalu turned around and breathed out. He doubted that the princess was anywhere in the castle nor in any other dwelling. It was best to check but he remembered how the queen had screamed for someone to run.

His instincts were screaming that she was still somewhere in the kingdom but was already escaping. He froze. The Throne. They had found the queen behind the throne. Something told him she wasn't hiding.

He narrowed his eyes curiously and quickly stormed back into the throne room. He heard G'hawl yelling at him for whatever reason but decided to ignore him. Now was not the time to explain stealth and sneakiness to a Griffi. instead, he hurried to the back of the throne.

Kalu ran his paw against the base and to his delight he found the grooves of a door. Kalu smiled and wrenched it open. he was dimly aware of G'hawl standing behind him shouting orders. He moved to enter but G'hawl shoved him out of the way. Kalu growled, perhaps he thought, it was time to teach the Griffi his place.

He muttered a single word "Jahual" and immediately his body shifted into a blue smokey substance. Only his eyes remained solid and remained in the center of the smoke. He shot forward, past G'hawl and into the tunnel. He reformed into solidity and with one swift movement closed the door. He used another quick spell to make it stick. It would take them a while to open it.

He heard G'hawl screaming for him to open up on the other side but simply smiled and purred "Now now G'hawl, we wouldn't want you hurting yourself on the hunt. I'll take care of this one." he turned around and ran down the tunnel. It was dark but he had a natural glow from his orbs and eyes, he knew the Puffadore probably wasn't as fit as him either that should certainly slow her down.

He would catch her, that was certain and he would bring her back. It was a while before he heard the soft pitter-patter of paws. He slowed down slightly, he needed the element of surprise. He didn't expect her to put up much of a fight against him but he didn't want to hurt her.

Then he saw her, she was crouched down in the dark and cold tunnel. She was breathing heavily and seemed to be exhausted. It surprised him that she had made it this far. However, he was a little satisfied to see a royal like her brought to this state. Her fur was mussed up and grimy. Her once beautiful butterfly scarf was slightly torn and her crown was askew.

He silently scolded himself, enough dallying it was time for action. He silently crepped up and then leaped forward. She wasn't expecting it and had no chance. He slammed down on top of her quickly pinning her paws down on the ground. He leaned down to whisper in her ear "Come with me quietly and you won't get hurt. I can promise you that." He just hoped she'd heed his words, he didn't like her for a royal but that didn't mean that Kalu wanted to hurt her. She was still just a child. Looking at her though she seemed closer to being an adult. suddenly Kalu yelped in surprise. he hadn't expected her to bite him. She had somehow twisted her face to bite his right front paw that was holding down her own front paw. Kalu glared down at her but she arched her back quickly and he felt myself being squshed against the tunnel roof. If it wasn't for his armor he was sure that he would have, at the least, a concussion. He growled and moved his paws to her back and pushed down, but she quickly slid out and tried to run.

This time he took no chances and raced after her. She was still tired and he easily caught up so it surprised him once more when she turned around and tried to scratch him. He deftly avoided the blow and scratched her cheek. At the last moment, he retracted his claws so it was just a hard slap. Mirao yelped in pain and stumbled back, dazed.

However, she quickly recovered and looked at him fearfully but determinedly. Kalu paused. He didn't know why but he couldn't take her in. Not only was it not fair but it wasn't right. He knew what awaited her in the castle. G'hawl would certainly hurt her among other things. He looked at her cautiously, took in her matted fur, her blazing eyes daring him to attack, and the way her paws trembled. He sighed and relaxed. He wouldn't do it. He would fight the war yes because he was ordered too. But this was something he couldn't condone.

"Run, run while you still can. Don't come back, try and get somewhere safe but I can promise you that when we next meet I won't let you go" he growled and noted that the princess hesitated as if unsure if this was a trick. He roared in defiance "Go already!" she shot him a look he couldn't quite recognize it might have been gratefulness or even confusion.

Whatever it was, was lost with her as she ran. he watched her run for a moment then walked back down the tunnel to where G'hawl and his cohorts were waiting. His mind already formulating an excuse to why she got away.

This is not the last time we will meet princess, I just hope that next time you are prepared.
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/22/2018 at 4:22 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/4/2018 at 8:39 AM Post #14
Chapter 3

"Tell me a story ma!" "Alright. But you'll have to be very quiet and still." A young Puffadore curled up next to her mother. "A long time ago before any lived there were the great Deities. Markus the Trickster was a powerful Zolnixi who was able to blend into the shadows, he loved to play tricks on others and had a silver tongue."

The young Puffadore frowned "His tongue was colored silver?" The mother chuckled and shook her head "No sweetie. That means he was able to talk himself out of anything. Now, remember to be quiet so I can tell the story" The young Puffadore mumbled sorry and her mother continued.

"Markus had gone to visit Gaholia the Teller, he did not know this at the moment but Gaholia had given birth to a beautiful baby Lupora who she named Mimora the Innocent." The mother paused then continued "Mimora was a beautiful thing and when Markus laid eyes on her he was immediately charmed and found that, for once, he was speechless." The young Puffadore giggled and waited for more eagerly

"Markus came back to visit many times, each time bringing something new for the young Mimora to play with. Finally, Mimora had grown up some and Markus asked for her hand. Gaholia agreed happily. She knew Markus would treat her one daughter right. So Markus took the young Mimora away back to his place. Gaholia was sad to see her go but she knew that she would be well-taken care of."

The mother explained and the young Puffadore couldn't stop herself "I'd never leave you for a male ma!" the mother smiled "I'm sure you'll do what you must little one. Do you want to hear the rest of the story?" She nodded "yes please!"

"Mimora and Markus lived happily together. Many of the other Deities visited the young one and gave her their blessings. Omaria the Huntress was particularly fond of the young pup and was seen taking her across the country at times to teach her about the land. Mimora lived happily and grew up sheltered and loved. The End."

The mother finished and curled around her baby. The young Puffadore frowned "Is that it?" The mother nodded "Yes, that's all there is to tell little one." The young Puffadore whined "But I want to hear more! What is Omaria's story? Did Markus and Mimora ever have kids? What about Gaholia?"

The mother looked down at her child sternly "You've had your story, it's time to go to bed" she said curtly and the fireplace beside them sprang to life. The young Puffadore jumped back in surprise. The mother sighed and murmured "Peace, dear one. Do not fear the fire. Now, go to sleep. You have a long life ahead of you."

The young Puffadore began to protest but stopped short to yawn. "I suppose just a little bit of sleep..." she mumbled and slowly drifted off next to her mother's flank. The mother looked down at her lovingly "Sweet dreams my precious Minoa"
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/22/2018 at 4:22 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 1:13 AM Post #15
Chapter 4
"Well what do we have here?" the sharp voice cut through the air like claws. The young Puffadore who, not a minute ago, had been peacefully asleep jumped up in surprise and terror. Her eyes darted around trying to place the threat. Finally, they settled on the dark and lithe figure of a Vulnyx.

She took a deep breath, not a Griffi or a Ryori. The Vulnyx stepped forward, his long claws glinting in the morning sun. "What's a Puffadore doing in Vuniel?" He asked curiously. There was a slight growl in his voice. The Puffadore paused for a beat then steadily replied "I'm going to the Abadora and Laera kingdoms. I have to ask for-" she broke off for a second, somehow she didn't think it smart to tell this stranger they were under attack. They might support the Ryori's and Griffi's attack. "-For some extra political suggestions." she finished.

The Vulnyx frowned at this then mewed "Well you're going the wrong way. This is the edge of Vuniel, closer to the Griffington empire." His eyes flicked to the meet the Puffadore's and he didn't miss the flicker of fear that passed through them.

"Oh...C-can you point me in the right direction please?" She asked and the Vulnyx shrugged "I suppose so, but you look haggard and like you could use a warm bath and food." He exclaimed taking in her filthy and ruffled fur.

She opened her mouth as if to argue but then thought better of it "It would be nice to clean up first." She mumbled and he nodded and sighed, he couldn't believe he was helping a stuck up Puffadore but "C'mon then. Follow me" he then swiftly turned around and started to trot away into the forest. The Puffadore hurried to get moving and catch up.

"I'm Minao by the way." She added when she had caught up. When the Vulnyx didn't answer her she asked: "What's your name?" It took him so long to answer that Minao thought he wouldn't at all but finally, he said: "You can call me Wing." Minao nodded and for most of the walk, there was a thick silence. She tried to start a conversation but soon gave up as Wing gave no response.

Soon Minao caught the slight smell of smoke. The trees broke apart to reveal a sort of dome-shaped earthen hut. It was covered in brambles with a single hole as an entrance. There was a sort of column on the top where smoke issued out of. Minao couldn't help but compare this simple home to her own grand castle. Even the poorest Puffadore's had better homes. She felt slightly uncomfortable to see how simply other sylesti lived.

Wing must have seen her look at it with confusion and slight aversion because he growled: "It may not be up to your standards but it's home." Minao instantly felt ashamed and mumbled that she didn't mind it but Wing wasn't paying attention as he had already disappeared inside. She stepped in after him and to her surprise found it opened up to a very roomy and almost cozy area.

In the center of the room was a single fire and on the side was a simple bed of moss and ferns, next to that was a cleft in the wall where leaves and flowers that she had never seen were stored. It was small yet strangely comforting.

Suddenly her eyes were drawn to a small pile of white sticks on the ground not too far from the entrance. To her horror, she realized that they were the fangs and perhaps bones of Vulnyxs. She backed up but misjudged where the door was, instead, bumping into the wall. Minao's ears flicked towards the sound of swishing paws and looked to see Wing looking at her with an unreadable look. His eyes flicked from her to the bones and back. Her eyes met his and she stopped breathing. She had to get out, that's the one thought that raced through her head. Before she could move Wing had leaped forward and she closed her eyes expecting to feel claws digging into her throat. Instead, she felt a great force knock into her, pushing her aside.

She opened her eyes to see Wing had knocked her aside from the pile of bones and was standing over them protectively "Never." he growled "Touch them. Got it?" She nodded mutely and he turned to the fire his back firmly to her. "There's a small pond outside, you can wash there" A slight warning issued in his tone. She immediately ran out and taking a deep breath thought over her options. I could run, but I don't even know which way to go. He seems okay, but the bones...

"ARGH!!" She yowled in frustration. She needed a place to think, she noticed the pond Wing had mentioned and slipped in. Her mind still reeling. By the time she got out, she hadn't even realized it but she had decided to stay. I have no other choice, I need his help. Besides he didn't attack me yet. and He HAS offered to help me. Minao reasoned with herself and, taking a deep breath, she stepped through the tunnel and inside again. Wing didn't even looked up but growled: "Dry off by the fire, I don't want you dragging water all over the place."

For the first time, she felt a slight need to defend herself "What, you never washed and got water in here?" she asked indignantly. He snorted "Shows what you Puffadores know. I wash with my tongue." Minao paused, he had her there. She shook her head and walked over to lay down by the fire.

Wing turned around carrying a small furry thing in his mouth. He dropped it in front of her and she realized it was a small mouse. She looked from him to it and then realized he was expecting her to eat it. She gulped and opened her mouth to complain before stopping. He was offering her space and food, best to accept it. She bent down and fighting the urge to close her eyes and gag she bit in and ate it. To her surprise, it wasn't half bad. Although it wasn't flavored or anything it tasted meaty and slightly fruity. She chewed, swallowed and took another bite. When she was done she licked her lips and smiled up at Wing "Thank you." As he turned away and mumbled, "your welcome" she could have sworn she saw him smile.

After a moment he mewed "So, you need to get to Laera?" Minao nodded enthusiastically "mhm and Abadora." he sniffed disdainfully then meowed gruffly "I can take you to the edge of Vuniel and point you in the direction." Minao breathed a sigh of relief "Thank y-" He cut across her "However, you won't ask questions, you will not mention me if they ask you about your journey, and DO NOT" at this point his voice rose to a yowl "ask about the Sh'ia. Got it?" She nodded mutely again.

Minao had nothing to say to that and found it better to stay quiet. "Good. Get some sleep, we leave tomorrow." Minao felt her heart plummet. She didn't have time! Who knew what was being done to her family right now.

"But I can't I need to leave now or else-" she caught herself in time, Wing glared at her 'I think the "Political advice" can wait a day." Minao forced down her rage and merely nodded before turning away and curling up next to the fire. She heard Wing sigh and his paws shuffle as he walked towards his nest. there was a rustle of ferns and not too long later he was asleep. Minoa found herself still awake. She wondered if her family was okay if she would be found, and what she would do if the Lighra or Aeridini didn't help her.
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/22/2018 at 4:20 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 5:11 PM Post #16
Chapter 5
Minoa paced back and forth the den entrance anxiously. She was waiting for Wing to get all his supplies so that he could finally lead her to the Vuniel border that would take her to the Lighra and Aeridini. It seemed to take forever she didn't know how much time she had left but she could imagine it was not a lot.

A voice growled from inside the den "Stop your pacing, I'm coming!" Minoa stopped and glared at the den entrance, she was still unsure of whether or not she liked Wing, she wasn't really sure if she trusted him either, but for now, she had no choice but to do what he said. So she promptly sat down her tail flicking from side to side.

Wing emerged carrying two small bundles in his mouth and dropped one next to Minoa. She looked at it then back at him "Whats this for?" "It's traveling herbs, just some simple plants to strengthen us and some if we get mildly sick." She looked surprised "Oh, well how could you tell which ones which?' She asked curiously. Wing glared at her "What did I say about asking questions?" Her ears drooped and she huffed "Okay, fine, sorry." she gingerly picked up her bundle and waited for him to take the lead.

Minoa was able to keep quiet for a while but as they walked she noticed more smoke coming off in small columns from different parts of the forest and land. Finally, she couldn't resist asking "Do you Vulnyx's all live in the houses that you had?" Wing paused for half a second then replied "Not really. Some do, but others prefer
to sleep under the stars so they sleep in trees or out in the open, while others hollow out a nest underground."

Minoa's ears pricked with surprise, she hadn't expected him to answer, yet he had. Perhaps, she thought, some questions were okay to ask, I'll just have to be careful to what I say. As they continued on she cast her brain for what other things she could ask him, finally she settled on a thought that had been bothering her for a bit "You called your necklace a Sh'ia, what's Sh'ia mean?" She saw his muscles tighten and immediately regretted asking that.

Wing whipped around his face set in a snarl "I told you NEVER to ask about it. It doesn't concern you nor should it ever. I shouldn't be showing you the way so for once just accept that you can't do whatever you want princess so just leave it alone!" He kept his eye trained on her, it seemed to blaze with blue fire until she meekly nodded and he turned away and kept walking.

Minoa watched his back, she felt hurt at his words. She supposed she probably shouldn't have said that, but it gave him no right to yell at her in such a way. She was worried about her family, she had to get help and fast. She didn't have time to tread carefully around his feelings.

For the rest of the day, they walked in silence Wing furiously plowing head regardless of the wether Minoa tripped or fell or stumbled, and Minoa struggling to keep up but refusing to admit so after Wing's outburst. Finally, when night fell Wing stopped to set up camp. He hastily gathered sticks and rocks and put them into a small bundle. Minoa watched with fascination she had never had to do this so she jumped in surprise when Wing asked her to light the fire while he went in search of food.

"Well um, why can't you do it?" Minoa asked, not wanting to admit that she couldn't. Wing glared at her "I'm not your servant princess you can do things on your own." She gulped "But, well um..I-I'd rather not." Wing sighed and turned away "Well this isn't about what you want s-" he paused and turned back to her his eyes narrowing for a second. She squirmed under his gaze and then his eyes flew open in shock "Y-You don't know how to start a fire do you?"

Minoa stiffened with indignation "How dare you! I do so!" Wing snorted "Please if you did you would have done it already!" When she didn't reply he took it as confirmation "Fine, I'll show you how to do it then go hunt. C'mere." When she didn't move closer he growled "C'mere, unless you want to stay cold once I leave you on your way." He heard her paws shuffling closer and purred to himself, that got her moving.

He showed her how to hold the sticks, and how to cause the sparks to start, then which leaves were best used to help the fire grow. To his surprise, she listened well and seemed to be concentrating on what he said. "Now, keep an eye on the fire, I'm going to get food." he mewed and quickly turned, bounding off into the dark.

Minoa watched the flickering flames, after seeing Wing go she was reminded of the stories her mother told her when she was young. She remembered the story of how Omaria the huntress at first tried to protect young Mimora but later betrayed her and Markus. She waited for Wing to come, she wondered if it would be okay to ask him if he was ashamed of how Omaria had turned her back on her friends. The smallest part of her wondered if Wing would do the same to her, not that they were friends or anything.

As she waited the shadows seemed to grow that much darker.
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/25/2018 at 1:31 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/22/2018 at 12:28 PM Post #17
Chapter 6
A gentle wind playfully danced over the grass. Not far off, a small encampment of Lupora was just starting to stir. Tensions had been high not three days ago and the feeling remained in the air. A party of Griffis and Ryoris had come through asking for their cooperation on overthrowing the Paifforian, Laera, Foreakki, and Abadora Kingdomes.

Their leader had declined any involvement in the battle. Whether other nomads had said no was unknown. Either way, this could threaten their peace. The Griffis had seemed particularly angry at the refusal and a fight probably would have broken out had it not been for the Ryoris calm acceptance.

A single Lupora stepped out of her caravan. She looked towards the rising sun, watching the breeze tickle the grass. Her ears flicked forward curiously. Something was different today, something special was coming. She wasn't sure when, but it would be coming soon and a decision would be made, a decision that would change Sylestia for better or for worse.

The Ny'venes had been going about their day when a sound like a cracking whip cascaded throughout the canyon. All work stopped as heads turned towards the usually stationary statues surrounding the city. The statues fashioned after Nysel and Venia had been built to protect the empire from other creatures- specifically, threats and the unworthy.

Two brazen bowls had been placed at the base of the statues; if you offered a big enough sacrifice you could pass. For centuries it had worked. No one had set foot in Nanate because they knew the statues were dangerous, none had dared go against them, so the statues never moved.

Yet as they looked, the statues shifted to life. Their eyes glowed with molten lava and stone sections moved and shifted. The statues shook off their sleep, claws glinting in the sun, waiting to tear into intruders. Some bold Ny'venes spread their wings and took flight, perching among clefts to get a better view.

One young one shifted closer to her mother, wondering what was going on. Wondering what the gods had brought to them. She could see the shape of a large bird with the body of a lion or bear. Its wings beat powerfully, and on each side of it were two cat-like shapes with swirling mist weaving around them.

The entire canyon seemed to fall silent; even the wind seemed to be holding its breath, as all the Ny'venes stared at the newcomers, waiting to see what would happen. There was a sharp intake of breath as the shapes came level with the statues, as the statues turned their molten eyes to look at the newcomers, and as the newcomers ignored the statues and the brazen bowls next to their bases.

All the world seemed to be waiting for something to happen. And it did.

The statues opened their mouths and let out shrill roars of rage and power. They each unleashed twin bursts of fire. One pure white, the other as black as night. The shapes dodged and dived, one screeching in rage and fear. But it was no use.

The Statues beat their powerful wings, creating a gust of wind so strong that the shapes were slammed into the canyon walls. Just like that, it was over. Another burst of fire, a dying scream, and silence once more as ashes were caught in the wind and washed away like pollen and dirt. The statues returned to their places, once more becoming stiff rock as the molten lava eyes faded away to simple stone. And the Ny'venes put their heads down and got back to work, the shapes forgotten as easily as the wind had swept their remains away.

The hive buzzed with the usual activity; Lunemara flying in and out, their lights little pinpricks in the otherwise dark, grey forest. A party of Griffis and Bulbori trooped through the forest below. The Lunemara watched as they walked through, waiting for them to walk into a cobweb.

Waiting for food to be taken to the hive. Instead, they were surprised to find that the party of food made it through. They were even more surprised they made to the hive. Buzzing curiously, Lunemara gathered around the tree.

The Griffi spoke first, "We come to ask you for help! We are looking to overthrow the rich kingdoms that look down on us. We shall be poor and oppressed no longer, will you join us?" Lunemara buzzed, "Food talks? Food made it this far, yet Food does not talk about important things."

The Griffi shook his head. "I am not food, I am a comrade of yours. It is very important, I assure you! If we do not fight, we will die out completely. Please help us end the suffering." Lunemara scoffed, "No, you listen, this concerns us not. The world is simple. Eat, or be eaten. If you will not eat, you will be eaten. We take no sides except nature's order."

The Bulbori started to protest, but Lunemara closed in a black wall of buzzing lights. The small party stepped back in surprise, catching in the sticky lines, struggling to get out, screaming for help. But in the forest of Lunemara, none make a sound that needs to be heard.
Edited By Grapejuice on 8/12/2018 at 4:24 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/18/2018 at 7:41 PM Post #18
Chapter 7

Minoa's ear flicked as a raindrop fell on it. she looked up squinting her eyes at the light drizzle of rain. They had been traveling since dawn and had only stopped to eat and drink once. Wing seemed suddenly determined to hurry. She supposed she should be grateful but her limbs ached and her pads were cracked and bleeding.

She wasn't used to this much travel over such rough terrain however she refused to admit this to Wing. She looked over at Wing he hadn't said anything all day and didn't look to be perturbed by the silence. She flicked her tail and finally when she couldn't stand it any longer asked "So, where exactly are you leading me too?" it hadn't dawned on her until she asked it but she had no idea where they were going, only that it was in the direction of the Laera kingdom.

"I'm taking you to the border between Vuniel and Braedor." he replied without looking at her. He seemed to be scanning the area for what she had no idea and frankly was a little afraid to ask. "Oh, well is it far away from here?" She asked looking around as if she could see the border that separated the two territories.

Wing sniffed in disdain "If we keep moving we should get there before sundown." Minoa's ears perked in interest so it wasn't far off, she had been starting to feel like Vuniel would never end. When she got to Braedor she would...well what would she do?

"Where would I go after Braedor?" she asked uncertainly. Wing turned to look at her "Don't you know the layout of anything?" he asked incredulously. Minoa didn't meet his eyes but her face morphed into a snarl, this was what annoyed her most about Wing he acted so much better than her, yet here he was living in a mud hut in the woods!

When she didn't answer Wing shook his head and kept walking "Well we'll be going to a fairly short strip of Braedor so you'll just keep heading northish past Drumid. After that, you can either risk Nanate or go around it through Lura." Something in Minoa's brain clicked when she heard Nanate, she couldn't remember what it was exactly but a legend of some sort. It had to do with statues and an offer of some kind.

She was so lost in thought trying to remember the full legend that she nearly ran head first into Wing who had stopped walking. "hey! whats the big idea?" she growled but he didn't seem to hear her. His ears were perked up and swivelling his nose twitched and his eyes were wide open roving the rolling hills. Minoa had never seen him so high on alert.

"What is it?" she asked looking around her self and straining to hear something. "Bulbori and Ryori." He mumbled more to himself than to her but when she heard Ryori her fur stood on end "We uh, can we avoid them?" she asked nervously, suddenly her muscles didn't hurt so much.

"I yeah, sure why?" he asks as he stayed on alert. She didn't respond and he turned around as if to say something when three voices interrupted him. They were faint but close enough that they could hear them

"I Don't know where she went but it's our job to find her."

"Are you sure she'd go this way though? Seems unlikely that a noble Puffador would come to such a humble and poor place" a second voice said sarcastically

Wing looked at Minoa suspiciously and opened his mouth then closed it again instead he said: "duck down." Minoa looked around frantically but couldn't see where to duck down under so she crouched down just under the crest of the hill. She heard Wing pad off and waited with baited breath. Finally, she heard the voice of a Ryori say:

"Vulnyx! we're looking for a Puffador, she's still fairly young and would be wearing a royal crown and sash have you seen her?"

Wing growled defensively "And what if I have?"

it sounded like the Ryori had started to say something but was cut off by one of the Bulbori "Listen Snaggletooth it's important we know, so answer the damn question!"

Wing didn't sound impressed and barked back "I don't have to answer anything Rabbit fodder, now get off my territory or I'll make you my dinner."

The Bulbori thumped his foot in rage but the second Bulbori quickly spoke "Look ignore him, we didn't mean to cause trouble we just need to know if she's here or not" Before Wing could respond the first Bulbori yipped "No I think he wants trouble, listen Vulnyx, you think your safe here? hunting on your own and laying in the sun growing fat? I can assure you if you don't tell us where she is you'll end up just like your mate. On a necklace."

Minoa wasn't sure what that meant but she figured Wing would not take it well. This was confirmed when suddenly a loud roar that sent fear racing through her every pore was loosed over the valley. She heard the thumping of paws and the shrieking of a Bulbori. Scuffling paws on the ground continued for a minute or two before with a final shriek she heard the satisfying sound of three creatures running away.

She dared to look up and saw Wing his fur bushed out to make him look twice his size, claws withdrawn and a pool of blood in front of him. She paused for a moment unsure if she should go over there but he spoke first "Come out now." She hurried to her feet and made her way towards him trying not to slip on the muddy hill. When she made it to his side he flattened and shook out his fur, spraying her with water droplets. "You alright?" she asked over the continued thrum of the rain. 'I'm fine" he snarled then paused and said again more gently "I'm fine."

Minoa looked him over, he suddenly didn't seem so scary instead his shoulders sagged and his fur drooped with the weight of the rain. she felt a strange urge to curl around him and comfort him. Minoa shook her head to clear the thought, he would not appreciate it. instead, she mumbled, "Thank you for not telling them." Wing nodded "yeah, yeah." Something bothered her though.

He didn't have to defend her, she hadn't been the nicest to him for sure and more of a burden than a help she looked at him perplexed. he must have noticed because he asked wearily "What is it?" "It's just...Why did you help me? You don't owe me anything and I've not exactly been the best thing that's happened to you." He turned to look at her his eyes bored into hers curiously "Well, you don't look like you've done anything bad in your life, besides they aren't polite." he shrugged.

"What now?" Minoa questioned looking out to the rolling fields "I didn't know the Bulbori would be after me too, but now I can't go through Braedor." He followed her gaze to the hills and sighed "Well it's a small stretch less than a days travel so if we're careful we should be able to make it across alright. Once we're in Drumid territory we should be fine."

Minoa wipped around to look at him a mixture of surprise and excitement in her eyes 'You said we. Are you gonna come with me?" she asked. For the first time, he smiled "yeah, I will. Can't have gone through all that and just leave you on your own." then adding more gruffly "From what I've seen you would barely last three days out there."

"Just don't mention the necklace and we'll be fine"
Edited By Grapejuice on 2/14/2019 at 8:01 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.