Forum Index > News and Announcements > The Untamed Forest - Stage 2
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 1:18 PM Post #31
Makes a lot of sense...I know these 'themed' are a permanent feature to the zone, but then...theres going to be 146 new themed too if I recall? That's a hell of a lot of themes. I was using roughly 3 perfumes for one themed yesterday morning, which was nice...6 perfumes for one is just too much, and not worth 150 dias per use---thatd be 900 diamonds per THEMED found if you're not as lucky. And there were a few that used at least 5 and didnt find any. So again, a bit too RNG based, but maybe in time, that'll get better.

The druids really are irritating, and i mean this...The ents are okay. Captains are okay. Named...I cant even get to spawn again right now.---also RNG.

The mats---RNG, if you can even get the named to come up. I mean...i get it. Its a zone full of RNG...and then you have the leaderboards...also RNG if you're lucky enough to find all the mats needed just for a barracks..

Rng isnt on my side much...unless I have perfumes for regular fests, then I end up going all out. I think I might have used too much just on day one of stage 2.. perhaps im too drunk on them today to realize..what is not going my way. I dont know. I much rather prefer pets..then grinding and getting carpal tunnel just for RNG....lol. But that's just me. Grinding is fun, but one has got to be in the mood for it to really be worthwhile.

Material Name Available Required
[Pure Lunar Water] 0 3
[Mender's Talisman] 86 30
[Spritely Branch] 1,048

That was just yesterday. Pretty sure Im okay on branches! xD
Edited By LadyMoriarty on 2/25/2018 at 1:21 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 1:33 PM Post #32
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=58036&page=4#31
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 2/25/2018 at 1:18 PM
Makes a lot of sense...I know these 'themed' are a permanent feature to the zone, but then...theres going to be 146 new themed too if I recall? That's a hell of a lot of themes. I was using roughly 3 perfumes for one themed yesterday morning, which was nice...6 perfumes for one is just too much, and not worth 150 dias per use---thatd be 900 diamonds per THEMED found if you're not as lucky. And there were a few that used at least 5 and didnt find any. So again, a bit too RNG based, but maybe in time, that'll get better.

The druids really are irritating, and i mean this...The ents are okay. Captains are okay. Named...I cant even get to spawn again right now.---also RNG.

The mats---RNG, if you can even get the named to come up. I mean...i get it. Its a zone full of RNG...and then you have the leaderboards...also RNG if you're lucky enough to find all the mats needed just for a barracks..

Rng isnt on my side much...unless I have perfumes for regular fests, then I end up going all out. I think I might have used too much just on day one of stage 2.. perhaps im too drunk on them today to realize..what is not going my way. I dont know. I much rather prefer pets..then grinding and getting carpal tunnel just for RNG....lol. But that's just me. Grinding is fun, but one has got to be in the mood for it to really be worthwhile.

Material Name Available Required
[Pure Lunar Water] 0 3
[Mender's Talisman] 86 30
[Spritely Branch] 1,048

That was just yesterday. Pretty sure Im okay on branches! xD

I am sorry you are frustrated. =(

I do agree that if the average is 6 perfumes per Themed - that is too much and too many Diamonds. I just haven't had a chance to calculate out the numbers outside of just in my head because the universe is spinning around me at the speed of plaid currently. I will try to get these things ironed out as quickly as I can over the next few days.

I think the Lost Grove, especially at this point where only 20% of the map is even accessible, is best put to use where you come in for an hour or so every couple of hours. Make a round of the area, collect all of the respawned Chests/Ore, take out any Elites/Named up. Maybe roam around a bit in the deep area knocking out some enemies for mats/pet spawns. And then take a bit of a break and let everything respawn. Then come back and pick up the respawned Chests/Ore and take another break. Come back and start at the top.

It's only been 24 hours so far and everything related to the Barracks is literally like a massive portion of the content that the entire Lost Grove will offer. Probably 40%? If I just picked a number out of my head based on stuff. There is no way for even the speediest most dedicated of grinders for a player to have it all tricked out super fast. The Blacksmithing Station most likely won't be completed until Section 2 unlocks - or maybe in a couple weeks. And the Enchanted Portal cannot even be created yet.

The Tracker's Hut and Training Grounds will also take quite a bit to build even for the speediest of grinders.

It is 100% intended to be slow and take a long time. This is solid new content for many months to come and the door was literally just cracked open. =P

I've spent a decent chunk of time grinding away at the Lost Grove here and there over the past week and, while my pets are Level 65, I haven't even unlocked Rank 2 Expertise yet for anyone and only have 2 pieces of Vinethorn so far. And I only have those 3 pets - not even any backup pets to 65 with alternative Elements.

I think I may just end up removing the Leaderboards since they seem to be causing a lot of undue stress to players of all makes and ambitions - and that was definitely not their intended purpose. I may just switch it over to a silent contribution / reward system where people just earn the things I was planning on doing anyway. That way, you still get extra stuff for extra contribution, but it won't feel like some race or competition.

The Lost Grove is intended to be a nice, peaceful progression for every single player with the fun factor of the community group stuff for those interested. I think removing the Leaderboard competition and adding an "Opt Out" option would definitely further help to achieve that goal while maintaining everything else it's supposed to offer.

As I told another player earlier this morning - it's okay to take a break. =) It's not going anywhere. You have a LONG time to do everything you want to do. And it's 100% intended to be that way. It's new 'permanent' content and not like a Festival Zone where you're racing against the clock.

I hope this helps to maybe ease some of the frustrations. You can always feel free to PM me any concerns/suggestions/questions you have and I can try and better answer them.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 1:57 PM Post #33
I do think the removal of the leaderboard at this point would help. It certainly doesn't feel slow and peaceful at all right now. Just some other way of awarding people for their contribution. Like if they make a certain number of points or something. That seems like an easier way of going about it.

Thank you regardless for considering other options. I'm also glad to see that the number of perfumes is being reconsidered.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 2:00 PM Post #34
I like to complete everything as soon as possible, that's me. It bugs me to have incomplete stuff....tho it is fun to work towards. But yes, the leaderboards is going to be an issue I think, at least as far as this round. I dont' think its fair because of the RNG situation...and this zone is loaded with RNG. I may be near the top, but those wanting to get there too, likely do not have the time of day I do, to farm all day long, 12-16 hours a day..just to try. It does get weary.

Leaderboards I think are best left to festivals...not to the MegaZone. (might be good to do a site poll)

It was bonkers, I killed an ent during my first run, just a gear piece dropped, walk 3 steps to a chest, and get an ent log. So its possible to get purple stuff out of the chests, but what about say the Nephini dust? I've heard thats possible, but I don't know as far as the epic animal parts. There are a lot of things that can come out of those chests...branches included.

So much RNG, and while I understand its only been 24 hours, and we have two weeks, its definitely time consuming. Which is the intent I think, does give people things to do, and it is a neat feature.. Just RNG isnt all that kind most times.

Thanks for understanding.
Edited By LadyMoriarty on 2/25/2018 at 2:10 PM.
Frelioan
Level 75
Mojo Master
Threads: 31
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 2:19 PM Post #35
I'd be in favor of removing the leaderboard too. It doesn't make sense and just creates stress and encourages the grinders and prize reachers to end each stage way earlier then you obviously intended. if you didn't deliberately pause things 2 years of work would get completed in a month.

give the current top 10 their prizes or something (so their effort isn't wasted)and i purpose instead that box is used to track how many supplies we have. not all of them( i don't think the box is big enough for that?) just the ones that require the most like the spritely branches and such. Its such a pain having to go all the way back to the barracks to see how many of those items we have. i mean we have them on our person. we should know how much we have.

also. is the trading post meant to have only uncommon supplies as i keep hearing? it seems a bit strange to pay for something that is no better then what ethernia has to offer. they're in the forest. can't the apothacary people and hedgewitches find better ingredients?
Edited By Frelioan on 2/25/2018 at 2:23 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 2:26 PM Post #36
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=58036&page=4#35
Author: Frelioan
Time Posted: 2/25/2018 at 2:19 PM
I'd be in favor of removing the leaderboard too. It doesn't make sense and just creates stress and encourages the grinders and prize reachers to end each stage way earlier then you obviously intended. if you didn't deliberately pause things 2 years of work would get completed in a month.

give the current top 10 their prizes or something (so their effort isn't wasted)and i purpose instead that box is used to track how many supplies we have. not all of them( i don't think the box is big enough for that?) just the ones that require the most like the spritely branches and such. Its such a pain having to go all the way back to the barracks to see how many of those items we have. i mean we have them on our person. we should know how much we have.

also. is the trading post meant to have only uncommon supplies as i keep hearing? it seems a bit strange to pay for something that is no better then what ethernia has to offer. they're in the forest. can't the apothacary people and hedgewitches find better ingredients?

The base Trading Post only contains the same supplies as Ethernia Market. However, they cost less gold and you also have the option of trading in Broken Traps and Empty Bottles for free ones.

You can then upgrade the Trading Post to Rank 2 and Rank 3, which add the Greater and Exceptional consumables respectively.

Rank 4 and Rank 5 upgrades will be available with the later content.
Edited By Krinadon on 2/25/2018 at 3:17 PM.
Frelioan
Level 75
Mojo Master
Threads: 31
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 2:55 PM Post #37
that makes better sense, i thought something was off. of course no one has upgraded it yet so none of that is getting talked about in region chat. someone said you could trade currency but then never said what. I was gonna unlock the blacksmiths first but this has changed my mind to "lets see what stuff i get first"
Snowleap19928aj
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 2
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 6:23 PM Post #38
im still confused as to how you actually play the lost grove? im probably still too low of a level though :/
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 6:42 PM Post #39
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=58036&page=4#38
Author: Snowleap19928aj
Time Posted: 2/25/2018 at 6:23 PM
im still confused as to how you actually play the lost grove? im probably still too low of a level though :/

The Lost Grove is content for Levels 60+. You will have to complete the main storyline first before you can travel there.
Snowleap19928aj
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 2
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 7:35 PM Post #40
Ah, Yes. I knew I was too low of a level. Thanks Krin :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.