Level 61
The Artistic
Threads: 73
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 2:08 PM Post #21
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=58036&page=2#19
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/24/2018 at 1:49 PM
[quote=1175795]

Everyone has to construct the Barracks Buildings with the same effort - global or individual - today or months from now. =)

It is 100% intended for everyone to construct the Barracks Buildings for themselves.

But do they have to to go to the next stage?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 2:20 PM Post #22
"For the Global Stage 2, there are two progression requirements: defeating Nightfall Enemies (Brigands, Menders, Battlemages, Captains, and Eleane the Duelist), and construction Barracks Buildings. These are global Tasks. A certain amount of bandits has to be defeated and a certain amount of Barracks Buildings has to be constructed. Any player on Global Stage 2 can contribute to these requirements.

As long as a player has at least 1 point of contribution prior to Stage 2 completing, they will be eligible to move onto Stage 3. This means that you literally can defeat 1 bandit and move onto Stage 3 - that is the only requirement to progress to Stage 3 from Global Stage 2. However, keep in mind that each Stage gets progressively harder. You really should intend on doing more than just literally 1 point to move on to the next Stage or things will become progressively more difficult.

Once Stage 2 has been completed, players will then be coming into Stage 2 in their Individual Instance. They will be required to defeat a certain amount of bandits and construct 2 of the Barracks Buildings. Doing so will then progress them to Stage 3."
Felsia
Level 70
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 0
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 3:43 PM Post #23
so happy that it's individual now! I was really peeved when I came back to a completed barracks in Stage one due to work commitments :)
18eities
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 4:25 PM Post #24
The barracks development itself is individual. Stage progression can still be global, though.
Zaynah
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 49
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 5:34 PM Post #25
This looks awesome Krin, looking forward to working on the Barracks buildings. It's great to have new content and goals! Thanks for all your hard work.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 9:05 PM Post #26
If you select to exit the grove through the barracks, is it effectively the same as using the portal? (i.e. it doesn't affect respawn timers)
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 9:40 PM Post #27
Did the perfumes break again? 6th perfume going and still nothing... Thats an ouch. Think its kind of rediculous using so many perfumes just to try for one theme...and they're only a diamond shop item.

Also...is it normal for druid and ents to /just/ drop gear? They are pretty weak as far as drops. According to many others elites arent dropping mats either.

Just a heads up. I know its gonna take at least 2 weeks to build..but Id think id have seen at least one water by now, farming all day. :(
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 11:10 AM Post #28
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=58036&page=3#26
Author: Ash
Time Posted: 2/24/2018 at 9:05 PM
If you select to exit the grove through the barracks, is it effectively the same as using the portal? (i.e. it doesn't affect respawn timers)

Correct. The only thing that induces a penalty is the Exit Zone Button itself.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 11:21 AM Post #29
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=58036&page=3#27
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 2/24/2018 at 9:40 PM
Did the perfumes break again? 6th perfume going and still nothing... Thats an ouch. Think its kind of rediculous using so many perfumes just to try for one theme...and they're only a diamond shop item.

Also...is it normal for druid and ents to /just/ drop gear? They are pretty weak as far as drops. According to many others elites arent dropping mats either.

Just a heads up. I know its gonna take at least 2 weeks to build..but Id think id have seen at least one water by now, farming all day. :(

Perfumes should be working. In regards to them in general, it's going to be hard to figure out a good balance - and I'm sure I will make adjustments as things go along because I am sure it's not perfect how it is atm. I would just rather error on the side of caution since these things are essentially permanent and I can't undo something once it's done - but can always make it easier to be done.

In the first 24 hours, basically a Themed Pet was encountered once per hour. Going by that rate, that's about 170 a week and about 650+ a month. Carried out over just the first 6 months, that's almost 4,000 total. Divided by the amount of Themed available atm, and that'd be roughly ~275 Themed per non Fabled. I wouldn't really want to go any higher than that especially considering encounter rates will only increase as players finally start upgrading their Tracker's Hut.

So then it becomes a balance of making Perfumes 'worth' it. Perfumes have gone through a few iterations of functionality over the years and they've drastically changed once again. I am sure it will take a bit of tweaking to get them just right. But it's not something I want to do too hastily before I get a decent bit of data to look over.

For the Elites, they can drop the rare materials but they do so rarely/uncommonly. Named always drop at least one. Elites can also drop I think the tier 2 stuffs that's used for like the Blacksmithing Station.

Elites guaranteed dropped materials in Stage 1 because they were essentially fake materials only used for the sole purpose of completing Stage 1. Now materials are basically actual items with worth/value (to the individual player). So drops have to work a bit differently.

All in all though, we're literally not even 7 full days into the Lost Grove yet hehe. I am sure many things will be tweaked and probably a handful of new things added that aren't even on the radar atm. I'm still trying to wrap up all of the other loose ends like Week of Love, the Ferrikki, and bugs. Those should be finished up here I'd hope within the next few days and then I can kind of turn my attention to getting things like a Task List built and some other quality of life changes put in. And go from there. =)
Edited By Krinadon on 2/25/2018 at 11:23 AM.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 11:53 AM Post #30
Cool beans! Thanks!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.