Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Experimental Breeding Feature and Wild S...
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightfeathers
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 56
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 8:25 PM Post #101
Woo! I'm glad this wasn't implemented. I would also just like to say thanks for listening and paying attention to user feedback! Coming from another site whose admin is a ghost this is particularly refreshing. <3
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 8:33 PM Post #102
Alright. Something still needs a nerf somewhere, though. But yes. The issue is probably too complicated to resolve in one sitting (upon further reflection since I last posted)
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 8:46 PM Post #103
I do hope this won't stop you from trying out new solutions in the future. Most of us are resistant to change and some things would be really difficult to swallow... but, like you said, there is a problem, and it will need fixing some day. :]
Frelioan
Level 75
Mojo Master
Threads: 31
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 8:52 PM Post #104
like ele just said. 310 1g pets. with just 50 as male if someone was super keen to mass breed they could buy those 50 males ,(and if i remember right males would get 3 free breedings?) find 150 females (quite easy with advanced search) and have 150 more probably 1g pets within 3 days. and those males and females will be ready to breed again(or they could find more males and just keep breeding). whether its 3 days or 12 days cooldown at that kind of recklessness it doesn't matter. and that kind of recklessness is part of why the population is so inflated.

This is why i'm so alarmed by adding more cooldowns. it genuinely would just hurt people with projects. In this case it would just force the mass breeder to buy more males for the same outcome. we'd bring it down from 1 male with unlimited breedings to 1 male with 3 offspring. The population would slow down,certainly. but it would still be too much.
Nightfeathers
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 56
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 8:52 PM Post #105
I was talking about the problem with someone else, and she mentioned a pet buyer that will only buy adults. Might be something to think about? That way the pet would have to sit around taking up space for however long, so it would make breeding for cash a little less easy and limit how much you could do at once before it became cost prohibitive?
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 67
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 8:58 PM Post #106
With infinite hatchery space that wouldn't be much of a concern, when I started breeding more the first thing I did was start leaving my pets in the hatchery as adolescents and waiting for them to automove as adults. Such a method would only work when combined with a hatchery limit.
Chrome
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:09 PM Post #107
The idea sounded very realistic and interesting but that's a lot of time to wait, especially because the focus of Sylestia is on pets. There are a lot of pets around. Released, set up for selling and breeding. Maybe there could be some way to fix those.

I was thinking:

- Have a limit on the amount of stable pets (adults) that can be sold based on how many tabs in all stables there are. I'm sure we don't all need to sell that many pets... Right?
- Have a limit on the amount of hatchery pages there are? I've seen many many pages of spam bred pets XD
- Add an extension to your magical programming that instantly removes sylesties that aren't fed enough out of breeding if they were previously set up for it.

These are just suggestions if you're thinking of ways to reduce breeding, or just server load overall.

Thanks for all your dedication and hard work here Krin!
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:33 PM Post #108
Ideas:
Limited hatchery pages (5 to start, extras bought with gold)
Breeding costs AP instead of awarding it. 50 AP for pets and 100ap for fabled
Base breeding fee 10k no lower
Edited By Watercolors on 2/22/2018 at 9:35 PM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:57 PM Post #109
I'd don't like the whole 'limit breeding' idea some are throwing around...I bred alot, especially max stat pets...if they hit a limit, it would be a pain to rebreed again..........as some of us actually release the 'uneeded' parents of said max stats since there was no limits to how many a stat pet could breed...>_<

so by doing this i'd have to grab prismatic philters again as the parents of my max stats are NOT max stats, so...every time i hit the 'max breeding limit' i'd have to do the entire breeding process again just two ensure max stats parents to breed more max stats that do NOT need prismatic philter at time of hatching...

...as for the other idea...

I'm not too sure i like the breeding cooldown, sometimes i'm often on a time crunch, and need to get my project pets out to people...........project pets, not random, weirdly colored, pets...i don't think i'd want a cooldown on my breeding projects...

As well as 80% of the time I do breeding since I'm mostly on mobile due to IRL becoming busy for me, and mobile breeding is bit easier for me to do, I don't want to have to sit and wait if I need to get something done... :/

......however I do like the idea of making it so you can't sell pets for '1g', but for some, who are saying '10k' that might be bit too high for newbie players...i mean, personally I like breeding gifts to new players lol...
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 2/22/2018 at 10:01 PM.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 10:13 PM Post #110
The only way a limited hatchery would work would be if we were once again allowed to release eggs. I have to do a massive amount of breeding for my 120 mana projects in an effort to get high mana. If I could breed, see what mana the baby got and then release the egg if it was too low, no issues. If I have to sit around waiting for the egg to hatch while it takes up valuable hatchery space, not so cool.

As much as limiting hatchery space would pain me (I have a lot of projects running at the same time). It might help some with the mass breeding issue. Perhaps purchasing more hatchery tabs could be tied to AP.

I absolutely do not want breeding to cost AP. I do not want to be forced to go fight stuff just to be able to breed. I slog through the fighting to open up all of the areas, but it is a slog for me and currently not a requirement.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.