Forum Index > News and Announcements > New Zone: The Lost Grove
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 1:09 PM Post #111
After much angst trying to get through the new zone, here is what I have decided to do...I am just going to fight random enemies in the Lost Grove until my party attains higher levels and for the time being, I am not going to worry about the barracks or Bosses or anything. I leave before my party gets knocked out then return once they've recovered.

I am not going to rush through the new zone like I did with the other areas. Just gonna take it slow and easy.
Everything seemed overwhelming when you are at low levels and you want SO badly to advance but it took me this long to realize that it really is unimportant how fast I go.

What matters is developing my teams and try not to focus on what is ahead.

By the way, what about all the other areas on the map outside of Astryls Tranquility? Will there ever be access to those areas or are they just there for decoration?
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 1:12 PM Post #112
I thought I understood that this place was going to be a good place for leveling party pets. Again, my three max stat kelps, are having issues even in the top area near the barracks. If I have 2 spritelings, it gets annoying, 3 spritelings and I will just try and run...every time.

Currently using water, air, and light specs on kelps. Tempted to just not use water either..because right now, the mobs are hitting the shield for more than what that shield can do, esp at rank 1 and its really becoming a pain--hence the slight annoyance with the skill leveling.

As far as mages, they hit really hard even in single battles. Even if you do block, you will still take damage from the fire buff. and sometimes that is too late. Blocking slows me down in battles, im sure you've taken a gander at how I play----I /hate/ being slowed down. I do know its supposed to be difficult to level, but not this hard. Right now it doesnt really matter how fast or slow I go, because the mobs hit hard. Leveling in AT or SBO is in my mind, not a good place to go for 60-70, and LG is too hard for 60-70.

Skill leveling is punishment enough for the party pets...having to worry about surviving every fight and worrying about how to get enough potions and droughts to try to go down to the other areas to pick up chests really shouldn't be a concern, but it is. At this point, Ive got one team that has all the skills leveled, but I really don't want to have to rely on that team 24-7.. especially if I want to use breed-able pets.

Honestly, that surprised me the most. 70 I can deal with for leveling pets. Named's can be left alone, bosses are SUPPOSED to be hard. But regular mobs? Sigh.
Edited By LadyMoriarty on 4/10/2018 at 1:35 PM.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 11:48 AM Post #113
Ah, so, I've kind of run into an issue that I think a lot of people are having.

I played only a little bit during the first 1-4 public stages of the Lost Grove, meaning I progressed with everyone else through the stages. This meant that enemies in the Lost Grove leveled up, but my pets didn't have a chance to.

I didn't play during the stage where we're collecting singing shards for the wizard, so I'm now on this stage in the individual instance (whatever you call it).

But I'm pretty much stuck...I can either run around in circles slowly leveling off the mobs (and maybe only 1 in 25 is the kind that drops the shards, and even then there seems to be a pretty low chance that they actually do drop) or kill myself on the bosses. My party composition and gear is good, they're just suffering for being level 60-62 trying to kill level 68 bosses--most of the level 65 random encounters I can rip through in comparison. It leaves me in the predicament of that there's not really any point to me trying the bosses right now, and trying to level up off of the random mobs (and/or get quest items or barracks items off them) is a horrible grind.

I'd be all for being reset back to an individual Stage 1 so I can level up properly. I really really like the idea of public stages, but without another solid way of leveling up and receiving quest items, it makes it painful for those who got left behind or stuck halfway through.
Edited By Aizar on 4/21/2018 at 11:51 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 5:52 PM Post #114
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57788&page=12#113
Author: Aizar
Time Posted: 4/21/2018 at 11:48 AM
Ah, so, I've kind of run into an issue that I think a lot of people are having.

I played only a little bit during the first 1-4 public stages of the Lost Grove, meaning I progressed with everyone else through the stages. This meant that enemies in the Lost Grove leveled up, but my pets didn't have a chance to.

I didn't play during the stage where we're collecting singing shards for the wizard, so I'm now on this stage in the individual instance (whatever you call it).

But I'm pretty much stuck...I can either run around in circles slowly leveling off the mobs (and maybe only 1 in 25 is the kind that drops the shards, and even then there seems to be a pretty low chance that they actually do drop) or kill myself on the bosses. My party composition and gear is good, they're just suffering for being level 60-62 trying to kill level 68 bosses--most of the level 65 random encounters I can rip through in comparison. It leaves me in the predicament of that there's not really any point to me trying the bosses right now, and trying to level up off of the random mobs (and/or get quest items or barracks items off them) is a horrible grind.

I'd be all for being reset back to an individual Stage 1 so I can level up properly. I really really like the idea of public stages, but without another solid way of leveling up and receiving quest items, it makes it painful for those who got left behind or stuck halfway through.

There isn't a way to reset everything back. It's all very intertwined and there's dozens of different checks that all get switched with each stage that you progress through, etc. So, mechanically, that just isn't something that's feasible.

I am still working out all the balances and adjustments and everything trying to improve the experience for all players. However, it's a bit of a slow process since there's just so much going on atm.

Your best bet is to get your pets to Level 65, as you know. That will make things a lot easier for you with the extra ability, extra proficiency point, and less of a level discrepancy between your pets and the enemies.

Being at Lvl 62, you could even go back to Astryl's Tranquility and you might find the XP faster there since those enemies basically would be defeated in one or two hits lol. I know that when the Lost Grove first released, a lot of players did that until they were Level 65.

All in all, it's definitely something that's going to take some time to fully get adjusted and polished out. It's not only a 'new' thing for you guys, but also for us too. So there's a lot of tweaking and adjustments required to get everything flushed and doing those things just requires time and data. It's hard to balance all of this content when we have players of so many different ends of the 'grinding' spectrum. We obviously want the content to be fun and rewarding for all players - and that's a big challenge to work out. So it is going to take some time to find the right way to handle all of that.

But this has been a fantastic experience over the past couple of months and has given us a ton of direction and ideas for the future for when we revamp everything.
Jdavidc
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 6:52 PM Post #115
I'd like to mention, as long as you don't go beyond stage 5, the mobs don't really change from how tough they are in stage 1. The mobs throughout stages 1-5 are the same, just stage 5 has a boss that puts you on to stage 6 when you defeat him. I'd strongly recommend levelling your party up before taking on named enemies. You can also do what Krin suggested and run around AT killing mobs fast to get experience very quickly. Also, run your party through Dungeon of the Forsaken for experience and loot.

If you're worried about not having built up enough resources, you can just avoid doing the stage 5 boss until you feel you have. I'd recommend getting your entire team to level 70, and having the first 5 barracks buildings complete or close to complete before doing the stage 5 boss.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 7:45 PM Post #116
There is a slight difficulty increase as each stage increments.

And the mobs will not increase in level until the player is Level 65+ and in Stage 6+. I believe the mobs should still be lower level if a player managed to reach Stage 6 without reaching Level 65 yet.

Just a few clarifications. =P
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 9:54 PM Post #117
I believe the plan is that they'll be accessible after the site revamp, as new zones like the Vale, Viridian Meadows, and Umbra Forest.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 4/22/2018 at 4:54 PM Post #118
Not sure if this is the area to ask this but...

I have completed the entire materials list for the Captain in the Lost Grove, but it just above that list where it shows the percentage given is still at 90%. I am not sure what more I need to give when the items all say completed. Could someone help me with this, or is it something I have to wait to develop. I am sorry I am just curious.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/22/2018 at 8:33 PM Post #119
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57788&page=12#118
Author: Celticnuru
Time Posted: 4/22/2018 at 4:54 PM
Not sure if this is the area to ask this but...

I have completed the entire materials list for the Captain in the Lost Grove, but it just above that list where it shows the percentage given is still at 90%. I am not sure what more I need to give when the items all say completed. Could someone help me with this, or is it something I have to wait to develop. I am sorry I am just curious.

It updates every 5 minutes.

If it's still an issue, can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Archon
Level 67
The Tender
Threads: 1
Posted: 4/24/2018 at 3:38 PM Post #120
Where can I buy the armor set that came out for the Grove?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.