Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 11:13 PM Post #101
I actually was just notified of this and them dropping off random mobs during Stage 6 was not intended. However, they should be dropping off any Named and Elites - I didn't realize that they weren't and I had it locked to Stage 7.

Once Stage 7 begins, then they can start dropping off of random enemies as well or be found in Ore Veins I think too.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 11:16 PM Post #102
I've not ever seen them drop from a named or elites....but I did find it strange from a random mob. I wasn't sure about this, and found it strange, didn't have a clue it was another bug xD
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/4/2018 at 12:57 AM Post #103
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57788&page=11#102
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/3/2018 at 11:16 PM
I've not ever seen them drop from a named or elites....but I did find it strange from a random mob. I wasn't sure about this, and found it strange, didn't have a clue it was another bug xD

Yea. I only fixed them for Named/Elites a couple hours ago. So they haven't been dropping at all this whole time up until a couple hours ago.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/9/2018 at 11:07 PM Post #104
Alright. I am having issues with the Zone.

Albeit my Max Stat team is 10 levels below the mobs right now @ 63/64. They are in Vinethorns equips, and a couple of the blues. Some of the purples are +3, +1. I have a blue +5

I have been having leveling problems the last 48 hours in the zone. So here are my concerns.

1. The cooldown on the temple healing. Right now its 30 minutes. So if you die in the zone, and use that heal, then go back and try to level your party, and die again, you literally have to exit the zone to go and heal and are forced to use your gold unless you want to wait...which takes a while.

2. One battle mage, should not be hurting so bad even with the vinethorns. One battle-one mage...took my air from 8k hp...to 873 hp. Not okay with me. I am constantly out of bottles to buy potions...using gold is /not/ an option, they are ridiculously expensive.

3. Megazone right now is the ONLY place to level skills. So I am trying to focus leveling up pets, with leveling up the skills in the megazone, constantly WIPING, even with now level 64 pets. The exp in the other places are okay for lower levels, but once you hit a threshold, it really sucks.. The exp itself in the grove, Im not sure its even worth it. Several days to get from 60-64. and not even one skill at 50% as of this post to level 2. Its agonizing. I know you meant this to be long term, and to be slowed down....but any slower and Im going to keep falling asleep at the computer.

Level 73 mobs is insane for after defeating the behemoth...They should have been kept at level 70. The next section should have 71-73 mobs, and then slowly raising cap to lvl 75 bosses. As of right now...I am very much not looking forward to the next section. I have been trying to level my max stat kelp party for the past 3 days...constantly using draughts and potions...and it takes forever, long enough to level the skills as it is.

I would be okay if we could level the skills in Astryl's/SBO as well, because the Zone just is not sitting well with me and I am sure many others right now.

I have been having to toss my equips back and forth between pets, which is annoying and time consuming just to try and make it around to pick up chests. I have also been avoiding the normal bosses and elites...missing out on any potential ferrikki egg drops...JUST to level my team and their skills.

It is frustrating..and well, the grind itself is hard, the event makes it easier. But the event wont last forever.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 12:09 AM Post #105
I have to agree with LadyM on this one the other two sections were fine just challenging enough without the current levels (for lack of a better term) OP-ness. Not that I don't mind a challenge, but I feel it may be too much for other players who don't have a tight handle on their party and all the max equipment and stats.

I also am not found of feeling like I'm wasting my time grinding in the zone, and also wasting time not increasing my skills outside the zone on dungeon runs. One other thing that I'm not fond of is the Feeling of Static grinding. I think I have mentioned it before But I Think some Good Lore would help, as well as the events, though those as Lady M pointed out, do not last forever nor should they, I just feel like I need either a reasonable, and meaningful, goal to grind to, or an obtainable one with some direction. both of these would be enhanced with Lore, I like how Mr. Science(my name for him) is staying around, But I think even lore that is not attached to the zone, like rumors of with the king is actually doing, stuff like that, Just a suggestion, if made into signs I could also be another goal for players to obtain and work for, like a Lore Book.

Anywho Thanks for Listening to us ^.^ and we all want the site to grow and be its best! And get some rest You deserve it
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 9:12 AM Post #106
I'm with Kate and LadyM.

My pets are now lvl 69, all maxstats. My tank is full vinethorn, my dps are both only missing a bracer each of vinethron and have myth for that one missing bracer. I am struggling /hard/. One mage can take my tank down to half health, even though she has 14k hp. Any of the named take upwards of 200 moves, even malfarian who is supposed to be the easiest one. I have to use revives and potions to beat Oakstout, even at lvl 69, and have only managed to beat Eleane once and that was pure luck and a depressing amount of purple consumables (which are not yet available.) I tried to defeat eleane a few times since then without the purple consumables, and i cannot even get one of her vicars down. At lvl 69. 1 level from cap. I should /at least/ be able to widdle her down a bit using consumables. All of my skills are also high rank. Everyone but my tank is rank 3 (tank is rank 2)

Even uncommon pets can do quite a bit of damage to my team if i am not careful. Multi-enemy battles take ages and hurt my team pretty bad. These are regular zone abttles. And i'm strugglign 1 lvl from cap. With my pets as powerful as I could possibly make them. I can't raise my level or my skill ranks...if i cant even beat the enemies.

It also feels like i cannot participate in the events that take place in the MZ. I can't get through enough eemies to get any of the terribly rare drops. Killing the named isnt worth the single egg the drop, since i have to pay thousands of gold in consumables each time i fight them. And i cant get the bottles to get the consumabls using those, because again...i cannot defeat enough regular enemies to get the bottles.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 11:08 AM Post #107
I'll take a look at some options today and see what I can come up with.

A few things to note though on some of the points collectively made.

@LadyM,

1. While, atm, the lowest is a 30 minute cooldown, the next upgrade removes the cooldown entirely. So that is just a temporary issue which will be solvable pretty shortly.

2. For the Battlemages, are you attacking through their damage shields? I find that the situation kinda dictates how to battle against them. If I can finish them off with 1 round of attacks through their DS, I just go for it rather than let them freely attack for 3 straight rounds. Otherwise, if I need to, I'll just throw up block - especially when they hit full mana. I always target them first whenever I see them in a battle. Obviously, specific tactics depend on how your party is set up. If you have a taunt, healer, water pet, etc.

@Lost,

While I am sure difficulty is not perfectly tuned, I mean, the Named are why there are consumables. Consumables would pretty much serve hardly any purpose whatsoever without that degree of challenge set forth. There's an entire building dedicated to consumables. So players are 100% expected to utilize their consumables when battling a Named and the encounters are built around that.

"Killing the named isnt worth the single egg the drop, since i have to pay thousands of gold in consumables each time i fight them."

Also, I wanted to point out that the average Ferrikki Egg sells for over 100,000 Gold a piece. So if you have to spend 10 or 20 thousand Gold in consumables to beat a Named... you would easily net a positive return on that investment.

All that said, the very tricky part though... is balancing encounters that remain challenging as the Lost Grove unlocks piece by piece. If the section 1 enemies/Named stayed as they were in Stages 1-5, they would be incredibly trivial with Level 70 pets - and probably one-shottable with Level 75 pets.

However, the capability to level new parties is definitely a vital aspect that needs to be feasible and I would agree that, as it is now, it's wholly inefficient and not very feasible. I will try and play with some stuff today and see what I can come up with.

I do not want to just flatly scale all enemies based on party level because I feel like Named should only be challenged with the best you have to offer. But I can look at different scaling options for the regular enemies.

And as I said briefly in Region Chat yesterday, I will definitely keep this issue in mind for thinking of additional ways for seasoned players of the Lost Grove to use that as their advantage for making it easier to level up new parties of pets. But, that isn't something I can really put in just now because I have too many other projects to get finished up first.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 11:37 AM Post #108
Its one thing to need to utilize them, another to have to /rely/ on them. And the consumables we have at this point do nothing to help me. I have managed to beat Eleane once since the behemoth, and it required basically every purple potion AND revive i got from the egg hunt, if not plus some. As well as some blues. I have tried again several times now (since she decided to reappear the next time i fought her captain. kgreatthx) and since i only have the blues and greens, have been unable to make a dent in even /one/ of her vicars. Thats too much reliance imo. On items that arent even strong enough to actually /work/. If I cannot beat a named without items that /are not available yet/, thats bad. Really bad.

And i was referring to if you actually want to make an easter ferrikki, in regards to the eggs. If I'm actually actively trying to find eggs to make a pet i do actually want to possess in my stables, then no. It is not worth it. Because that will only be 1 step in 9. I will still have to do that 8 more items, and in addition /hope/ that those 8 times drop the right eggs. (and thats crossing your fingers to begin with that the named appear 9 times. Since Eleane is virtually unbeatable on her own anyway, thats seeing each named 4-5 times each. In 2 weeks.)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 12:01 PM Post #109
Atm, Lvl 73 Eleane has been defeated 155 times by 49 unique players out of a total of 102 flagged to encounter her. That seems pretty reasonable, statistic-wise, for being in the baby Stage of the Lvl 70 Stages. We will be here for quite a long time and there are tons of upgrades everyone will get throughout it all.

But, again, I am not going to say that the difficulty is perfect in TLG because I know it's not. =P I will take a look at what I can do for helping players level up new parties, but probably am not going to adjust Named just quite yet. I would like to adjust her based off of the upcoming Named which haven't been final adjusted yet.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 4/10/2018 at 12:38 PM Post #110
Ok then Krin, what exactly is it that we are supposed to be doing /now/? If the Named are going to be impossible to defeat until the next stage and possibly beyond. Enemies are too difficult to battle most of the time. What exactly are we supposed to be doing in the MZ? I understand we are supposed to be here long term, but if I don't even want to be here /now/ what even is the point of long term? If i want to play on your site, rather than go to some other game or website, what exactly am i supposed to be doing to do so? Because apparently, thats not defeating named or exploring the zone, since both are too hard right now even with a powerful party. basically what i'm reading here is that we aren't meant to be able to do anything until...who knows when. Are those upgrades involving the barracks? because if so...well...i cant /get/ the buildings in the barracks, because, once again, i /cannot defeat the things that drop the mats./ Again, you've said that the items to build additional buildings are meant to be obtained in later stages. But you are also basically saying that we need them /now/.

The same thing happened with missions way back when. My max stat, myth-cad puffs were barely succeeding at missions because the required stat points were raised to meet future MZ stats, long before it had been released. This was eventually deemed to be bad enough that those requirements were lowered to more obtainable standards of the time.

Again, i am one of those 49 unique people, and have only defeated her once. The only reason i did was because i happened to have purple items on hand that i had received as prizes. those things are, as of right now, unobtainable. Doing the math here, each of those remaining 48 people would have had to defeat her around 3 times each, and i would bet a lot that i am not the only one who has only managed it once.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.