Page 1 1, 2, 3... 23, 24, 25 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:32 AM Post #1
It is with extreme joy that we can finally announce our newest species to the wonderful world of Sylestia: The Ferrikki!

Don't mind the Adult Male. He is going through a phase~

Originally designed something ridiculous like I-don't-even-want-to-say years ago, they have had quite a long journey to finally reach this point. Exclusive to the soon to be discovered and explorable Lost Grove, they are a very special Fabled species that will be the first new species added to the game in a very long time. Much has changed with Sylestia since our last species, the Aeridini, were added. We will be doing some things a little differently with the Ferrikki as we experiment with some new features and ideas to see how they can be implemented into revamped Sylestia. More on this will be announced tomorrow or so.

The Ferrikki will release with at least 36 different Traits and we already have some plans to add a handful more. They will have one Restricted Trait Set that will be available from the various pet boxes obtained since their announcement. More details will be announced tomorrow regarding those.

Now to the slightly bad news (please don't riot). As of right now, we are still probably a solid 8-12 hours away from getting the Ferrikki all finalized and all of those things fully put in. The Adult Female and the Babies are all put in and pretty much as finalized as they're going to be prior to releasing. However, the Adult Male, as you can see above, isn't quite there yet~ We are still trying to finish up his new shading and such and I still need to upload all of his file changes. Those are pretty much "must do's" prior to releasing the new species - and I refuse to release the Lost Grove without the new species being ready and players able to open their long awaited boxes.

Additionally, I still have to do some other general things before the Lost Grove can be released as just last minute "preparation" tasks. So, as I said, it'd be another solid 8-12 hours of work to potentially reach the point where we'd feel comfortable releasing everything.

Unfortunately, I haven't slept yet and another 8-12 hours would definitely put me in an Easter Luffox state of mind and I am not interested in both releasing a massive batch of content in that state of mind nor playing the guessing game with you guys where you are all eagerly waiting for something to release without any solid confirmation of a release time. That isn't fair to you all and isn't fun for anyone. I don't want to waste anyone's Saturday waiting around for something that comes very late or doesn't come at all.

Therefore, I think it's best to just state that we are pushing the release of everything back 24 hours to tomorrow around noon. I know it sucks. =| I am truly, deeply sorry I keep pushing it back. We have all tried really hard to get things ready, but it's just the reality and it's my fault for not allowing sufficient time for all of these last minute changes.

But! These changes have been phenomenal and have been totally worth it. The Ferrikki have turned out fantastic and are dramatically improved from what they were 2 weeks ago. So, if we had to do it again, we would totally have made the same decision. I just probably would have picked a slightly later date. =P

Look for all sorts of announcements and stuff by tomorrow morning. If you haven't yet, this will be your last chance to complete the storyline through Astryl's Tranquility in order to be able to enter the Lost Grove as soon as it unlocks.

In the meantime, here are some various examples of the new species:

Edited By Krinadon on 2/17/2018 at 7:09 PM.
Thisby
Level 20
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:32 AM Post #2
AAAAAASAAAAAAAAH

TOOOOOO CUTEEEEEE

KRIN WHY MUST YOU KILL ME LIKE THIS
8ball
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:35 AM Post #3
Aaaaa! So cute!!! :3

And for MZ, I know I can wait longer, don't worry! MZ is worth it! ;)
Edited By 8ball on 2/17/2018 at 9:38 AM.
WickedImpulse
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 50
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:36 AM Post #4
that's fine; get some rest. theyre lovely. :)
Innocentkitti
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:37 AM Post #5
That's fine :) Take all the time you need! Please get some rest! You've been working really hard and we all appreciate it very much! But all that goes to waste if you're not getting the rest you need!

I think we all agree that we value your health more than this game xD
Daltem
Level 68
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 17
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:39 AM Post #6
Beautiful new pet. Eagerly awaiting the launch, all systems are ready and a little more delay simply lets me put finishing touches on prep for an even more perfect state of readiness
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:40 AM Post #7
Ahhh Ferrikki is such a cute name for them :D
Anonymouse
Level 63
Fancy Pants
Threads: 19
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:40 AM Post #8
it's okay, considering i'll be at my dad's all day, and that we'll still get to explore the lost grove, but krin why do you kill our hopes and dreams like this
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:41 AM Post #9
I love the name! Ferrikki... gonna take a while to get used to typing that. Oh! What's it's shortened name gonna be, lol? Ferr, maybe? This is a great new edition to the game. I'm going to point out some things I love c:

1.) The name is really interesting and cool

2.) It's Fabled (I'd figured that'd happen, nice to see it did)

3.) The new traits look spectacular, especially the Chipmunk and what looks to be Ocelot

4.) It appears the orb can have different designs (I'd feared it'd be monochromatic in that sense)

Edit: On the plus side of the wait, I get to grab another stable and prepare for the MZ ^^
Edited By Articu on 2/17/2018 at 9:50 AM.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 9:41 AM Post #10
I LOVE IT!!!! SOOOO excited!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 23, 24, 25
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.