Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Story Writing Contest - 1st Place Nephin...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1
I've noticed that on this site there are a lot of drawing and art contests, but I've never seen a writing contest. It always makes me sad, because I can spin a pretty good tale, but my drawings look like a little kid's. So I've decided to hold my own writing contest! The prizes are as follows:

So, like the looks of any of them? ^^ Well, here and the rules and guidelines.

1. Your story can be about anything, as long as it is a work of fiction. I'm sure you're all very interesting, but I prefer fantasy to anything else, so I'd prefer to stay away from vignettes and such. So no autobiographies.
2. Your story needs to all be posted at once, so if you're going to need a few posts, reserve them before posting so they're not broken up by other people's.
3. No min or max work count. Just whatever you feel is necessary. Length will not decide the winners, the quality of the story and the writing will, even if it's just a short little one.
4. Stories must be posted here, not sent to me in a message. Everything should be open for others to view.
5. Only one story per person can be submitted! Having multiple stories wouldn't be fair to those who only write one, since it would give someone more chances to win than others.

That's it! I'll announce the winners on September 15th, which just so happens to be my 18th birthday. So I'll be giving the lovelies above out as a present to the winners on my birthday.

The first place winner has first choice of which of the three prizes they want. Second place can choose from the remaining two, and third place will be left with whichever per is remaining after first and second place winners have chosen.
Edited By 6450 on 9/2/2013 at 11:56 PM.
Ethel
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:19 PM Post #2
reserved!
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:21 PM Post #3
*realized it's due tomorrow D: *
~writes in hast~

Edited By 5423 on 9/15/2013 at 10:02 AM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:21 PM Post #4
Ideas of awesomeness~
Edited By 5423 on 9/11/2013 at 7:34 PM.
Starfall
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 112
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:22 PM Post #5
The Demon in me

It was a cold day, as I looked out from the mountain top, the wind struggling to blow me off it's peak as nothing moved except the snow and shivering animals that actually managed to survive up in the top. My eyes glowed bright yellow as I only embraced the surroundings of which engulfed me. I couldn't feel anything anymore.

I sighed, I had no emotions of cold or hot, happy or sad, but only a feeling of either tiredness, and another one that I forgot long ago. I became immortal, thanks to a rather regretful contract I made...with a demon. Yes, that's right...don't believe me? That's alright, I don't mind. I made a stupid curse with this demon who showed up while I had just been dumped by my girlfriend and...oh, never mind. I think it's been a few hundred centuries since I told people this story.

It had happened on a snowy day, it was dark and cold (If I could even remember the feeling, that is.) while I saw my girlfriend with another man, heading into the dark alley way. I couldn't remember her words on that day, even year - only am immense feeling of anger and heading back to my apartment.

A man dressed in white told me he was an angel - yes, his suit was decorated with red and white, a rather charming man indeed. He told me he was an angel and I only laughed it off - he could've been a robber or murderer...but he was a demon instead. He had told me he could give me power to change it and foolish and childish enough, I accepted it and that was all I remembered. After that? Just light blinding me and then maybe a sudden blackout...? It doesn't matter anyway.

Sighing once again, my eyes only squinted as tears wouldn't come out...which I found out centuries ago. I hear a voice from behind me, and turn to be face to face with the white figure decorated in red and black. Making a small mumble, I mutter out a small, "What do you want...?" and then responded with a small snicker from him.

I turn back, and mutter another few words of, "Get lost.", only to be laughed at. Suddenly, cold, ice tip fingers touch my shoulders and for the first time in hundreds of years, I shiver. I look back at the demon in horror, and a small grin forms on his face. "Dear, dear...not using the power I gave you, it seems? That wasn't a very warm welcome either." He laughs, giggles escaping his lips. I stare at the man, my eyes turning lifeless /if they weren't so already/ and turn my back to him. "What did you come for this time..?" I say, not asking it like a question like usual when he visited every few 10 years.

"I've come to tell you it's time to use your power for...a little something, mister." The demon says, smiling at me with cold icy eyes. I stare at him in confusion, and then casually tilt my head as if I still had emotions. "What are you talking about? I don't even know what my powers are and what they do." I say, with a little hint of frustration.

"...Fear not, immortal man. You shall see it soon enough. I will give your emotions, and even your life back to before I came along, if you are willing to do a little...errand for me. Of course, your immortality shall also disappear if you do what I want." A smug smile appears from the demon's lips. I gulp, my emotions returning - but not my sense of cold and warm still. This could be a big shot, but if I do what he wanted, I could return to my normal life - hundreds of years back and get a new girlfriend, and even start a new life. "And? What do you want me to do...?" I say uneasily, my eyesight becoming a bit fuzzy from the cloudy snow storm.

"I want you to..." His mouth talked as a fusion of hysterical screams and laughter merged together before he finished. My eyes stared at him wide eyed in half confusion and half frightened. "WHAT?! What do you want?!" I shout out with my all. My emotions had come back, not fully, but enough to scream with meaning.

"Ahh..." He said, realizing he hadn't finished. His long white hair flowed with the moon's rays and the snow making it seem like a devastating scene from a movie I had once seen. "I want you to..." But was interrupted by a few more laughs and enjoyment before finishing.

"Kill every other demon and demon user on earth."

I only swallowed the drool that hanged off my mouth which was shocked, and I looked at the demon like a maniac. "There are...others?!" I say in awe, my eyes bulging wide. Why, wasn't I the only cursed human...?! "No, you are one of out of 500 in fact." A small smile spread wide on his face. "We're playing a demon-invented game called...Game of the Devils." A grin was pasted onto the man's face, as his last words were sent to him as he disappeared.

"You must kill them all to win...I hope you have fun!" A maniacal laughter was last heard when I found myself in the dark. The feeling a fear had not met me yet, but it certainly did when doors opened and a bright light had appeared, along with 499 people with me in the large room. We had been stuck inside a mansion...no exit.

Edited By 2877 on 9/3/2013 at 3:10 PM.
Starfall
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 112
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:22 PM Post #6
/Possibly another reserve/
Ethel
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:25 PM Post #7
@Selestial,

just a quick question, if the stories are short can we do more then one???
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:27 PM Post #8
@Ethel,

Nope, just one I'm afraid. Being able to have multiple wouldn't be fair to others who write one longer story, since it would give one person more chances to win. I'll add that to the rules. ^^
Ethel
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:31 PM Post #9
@Selestial,

alright :]
Silentmaid
Level 55
The Whimsical
Threads: 43
Posted: 9/2/2013 at 5:41 PM Post #10
reserved
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.