Forum Index > General Discussion > Forum Rant
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Americantacos
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 58
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1
I just have to rant real quick about this... why on earth has the Un-official Games forum completely become the Roleplay forum? I get that in some ways they could be interpreted as "Games", but they're just Roleplays. I thought the floods of "pick a box" were annoying like a year ago, but there's no actual Games there anymore.

I don't expect any responses to this, I just wanted to rant about it.
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 67
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2
Yea when I came back at the end of last year I noticed it too. It makes finding the contests and giveaways really hard. Its especially annoying when many of the "games" are limited to 5 or even less people. I miss the fun little games where anyone could dive in and join the silliness.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 6:16 PM Post #3
It's too bad, really. I bump my contest every so often, but it just keeps getting shoved away by things that should be in the Roleplay or in, such as with the Pick a Box threads, Pet Sales. It's ridiculous.
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 7:51 PM Post #4
I don't mind Pick a box as much. Like raffles I consider that even when you purchase entry its still something of a contest or game. However if entry is purchased It does make some sense to put it in the pet auctions, otherwise its a fancy giveaway.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 1:31 PM Post #5
Yeah it doesn't actually fit anywhere so maybe it needs it's own forum https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=56705
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 11:25 PM Post #6
Yes same! Happy I have someone I can rant with xP
Honestly the thread needs to be divided into 3 different threads-

Games - actual games such as Talk in Gifs, Star Wars vs. Star Trek, etc. Games and not contests.

Contests - for any contests, such as all the Design a Pets, commen during revamps.

Giveaways - for all those Pick a Box, Pick a Number, etc. This thread would be for those who are giving away free stuff.

That and it's becoming kind of apparent there needs to be forum MOD. I know lots of people of worried about getting Mods (although it almost seems a little silly, since almost every other pet game has Mods?) but they would really be helpful at keeping the forums clean and easing that task off of Krin's shoulders.
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2018 at 2:20 AM Post #7
I don't know why there would be a worry about mods. If mods abuse there are consequences, and the majority of the legwork would be taken from Krin so he can really focus on the coding of the site which is a job only he can do.

I think if its divided like this the role playing games wouldn't be too bad in the games section. On another site (or two) I played the werewolf game, which is limited people and goes a bit roleplay-ie. On one it lived in the games section, on the other site we moved to it was in the roleplay section I think.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/22/2018 at 11:08 AM Post #8
The forums need mods or at least more often looked through. So much of it's becoming a cluttered mess. I think the apprehension about mods comes from a game that Krin and Fai used to play on where things got out of hand. I can't remember the details now. I think mods can be done in a way where bad situations are less likely to happen though. There are other sites that are successfully continuing that do use them.

Mods don't need to be paid, either. There's people who would gladly do it for free. If it is ever done (though I doubt it at least in the short term), there should probably be a few of them so it doesn't get overwhelming considering again that this would be volunteers. I would also almost say have them do the mod stuff on a second account that nothing at all is allowed on. Not even a starter. This way they can keep mod duties like responding to messages regarding the forums and their more personal stuff separate more easily. It could also be mostly confined to just dealing at least with moving stuff around on the forums and let Krin break up any fights going on.

There's at least a couple threads going on in suggestions regarding separating more parts of the forum. I'm not really into stuff like roleplay myself so I feel like I can't comment too much on how it's broken up but I do agree with separating contests, giveaways, and games. I do think that further dividing up the forum would help. I think there should also be a split in the clubs and services section. I was told ages ago when it first started that it was for only Sylestia based clubs. Clubs dedicated to other things like gardening had to go in off-topic where people aren't really looking for clubs. I don't know if the rule has been changed since or just ignored but I do think that if this is supposed to be the rule then there should be a second forum for clubs dedicated to other things not Sylestia.
Edited By Savynn on 1/22/2018 at 11:15 AM.
Americantacos
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2018 at 11:42 AM Post #9
I'm not sure about mods, I have no strong opinion on that. I just want the Games section back... especially design contests! I think the categories (Games, Designs, Giveaways) would be better all on one forum - not only for site congruity and condensing but also because it was nice to be like, "hm, I'm not feeling a design contest right now, but look! Project Giveaway!"

Or another thing, I would have ZERO problem with the Roleplay forums IF they included prizes - which honestly - they missed a MASSIVE opportunity to do that! The "companions" people pick could be Sylestis, the weapons they find could be Avatar items... it had such incredible potential to be the most immersive Give-away scheme of all time.
Americantacos
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2018 at 12:10 PM Post #10
You know what... I'm going to make one. Just to show people what it's supposed to freaking look like.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.