Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 12/26/2017 at 11:33 PM Post #11
I don't think that I support this for several reasons:

1.) This would be an incredibly complex procedure for the administrators to create if all of the features that have been suggested would be implemented. It would take a lot of time and probably divert attention away from more useful features.

2.) The rewards would be disproportionate to the effort required. If there were any positive effect such as increased stats in breeding, I think that a lot of players would just let their pets rot in the stables until they want to breed, then take them out to defeat one puny enemy to refill the meter. It would require so little effort that all offspring would have boosted stats.

3.) There might not be punishments for not filling the happiness meter in theory, but in practice, I think that the player base would react negatively to people who won't keep it filled. Following the stat boost example in the above point, any pets for breeding that did not have the meter full would be less valuable. In addition, there would probably be a number of players who would look down on you if you didn't keep your pets happy.

4.) If breeding filled the meter, players would breed more. More unwanted pets would exist, and they'd be put on the market. The supply of purchasable pets would increase, and the demand would stay the same. Therefore, prices would go down, and the Sylesti market would be less profitable.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 4/14/2018 at 1:12 PM Post #12
This is an idea we would like to play with when we revamp the Site. It obviously would require a lot of planning and polishing, which hasn't started as of now, so I can't really provide any specifics.

But it'd basically act as a way for players to be more immersive with their pets for some sort of bonus/reward.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.