Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Winter Festival - Build a Gingerbre...
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Aghubbs
Level 75
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 35
Posted: 1/15/2018 at 12:16 PM Post #41
Here we go. May not be the best, but it was delish.

Some of the pieces were broken, so I glued them back together with melted candy canes.

I actually burnt myself with this stuff while using it. Kids, dont try this at home.

Here it is sorta stuck together...

And put in place.

Getting there!

And... All done!

And a little extra for all those cat lovers. Say hi to Kit-Kat!
Edited By Aghubbs on 1/15/2018 at 12:17 PM.
Unnamedlight
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/20/2018 at 5:48 PM Post #42
My first time doing this contests!

The cute gingerbread people!

And I thought this was neat!!

Thanks to my dad for helping me put it back together because when we pulled out the gingerbread house out of the box it was a bit broken.
Shimmerstrike
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 73
Posted: 1/20/2018 at 6:57 PM Post #43
My first time ever participating in this contest! I think i took to many pictures... But i don't care. It was certainly fun!

I tried my best to include my username, and the 2017 winter fest paper slip, but with the site i am using the images were automatically cropped. So sorry if the words don't all appear. I'll have to try to find a way around that sometime in the future.

Alright, so here is the building as it begins.

And because it was small it didn't take too long to put together. So here is it without the frosting.

My siblings did some houses for the village set too, so here is the whole village, from different positions on a snowy hill. (I thought the plates added something special to it.)

Okay... I will admit i went a little overboard with the pictures.

Anyway, here is my house, sitting splendidly atop the majestic snow coated hill! (Front and back pictures)

Thanks for the splendid festival. I hope everyone enjoyed it!
Squidliy
Level 65
Sergeant
Threads: 8
Posted: 1/20/2018 at 10:12 PM Post #44
Here we go! I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

it was so much fun and it was delicious!
Cherrycloudcake
Level 62
Threads: 19
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 2:30 PM Post #45
My materials
marshmallows, candy cane, shreddies

putting the marshmallow house together

The completed marshmallow house!

GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 4:08 PM Post #46
Gingerbread Qitari Facility

Backstory.... never have I made gingerbread dough, gingerbread houses or even royal icing! So, this was very much a learning activity for me. First I scoured the internet for inspiration, then Amazon for "how to" books, and then I read and thought, read and inspired (or maybe perspired?). I finally decided to do a building in the Sylestia world, one that is near and dear to all of us.... a STABLE!, we all need those and more of those! :)

This stable is based loosely on my very own Equestrian Facility (sorry, I don't call it a barn... too nice!)! Those are my three horses by the barn and my dog, Cooper, he goes everywhere with me!

Anyways, on to the preparation and building! Beware.... lots of images! I did not even use all of them!

First.... need to make the dough!

Next! Roll out to 1/4" and cut the pattern pieces out! This was not as easy as it sounds.... try rolling a dough on parchment paper someday! But I figured it out...
Also, I modified the original pattern to include things from my barn. Stall doors, regular doors, windows... all added or changed!

Baked stable!

Now for another first for me... making royal icing!

All the stable pieces, decorated before assembly!

Assembling the stable, first the walls.... let dry overnight! Then the roof... Raise the roof!!

Finally assembled! The cupola, on top of the roof, was completely my design. My facility has one for ventilation, this Qitari facility needs one as well!

Next worked on the pets for the barn! Qitari and Griffi!! The shading on the Griffi is done with a food marker and water. Wing and tail are rock candy!

Now to work on the detailing... the devil is in the detailing.... lots harder than it looks!
Haybales from coconut (tied with string, the only non-edible item in the set up!).
Snow from coconut and confectionery sugar, processed till the right consistency.
Icicles hanging from the roof on the sides.
Weather Vane made from royal icing on a piece of wheat spaghetti.
And lots, lots more!

Now the finished Qitari Facility! I wish I could picture the details better!

I hope you enjoyed my Qitari Facility as much as I did making it!
Edited By GoldGryphon on 1/21/2018 at 6:08 PM.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 6:54 PM Post #47
I can't believe how talented you all are - amazing amazing amazing!!

And then...there's this x'D Made from recycled holiday dessert ingredients ^^;;

(featuring my sister's foot)

Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 8:12 PM Post #48
I guess mine is less a gingerbread house and more of a white bread shoe-box apartment. Notice the banana furniture (chair, table and bed).

Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 9:28 PM Post #49
I didn't quite get to do what I wanted with this, but time got away from me, so here's what I did get done. There are not a ton of pictures with tags because I am trying to trim down extraneous pictures so this isn't super long.

This is my house. It's a housey house.

This is board prep with my Christmas bush made by gluing Nerds of various colors onto a chocolate ball with frosting. The path is made of salted caramel frosting.

Work on the house itself begins. What? You've never seen a gothic gingerbread house before? Well, now you have. House 'eyes' made out of Allsorts, liquid frosting gel.

The house windows are made with a coat of glitter frosting gel, followed up by blue sprinkles to give a frosted look to the windows, then framed in green.

The back of the house has eyes, too.

Every good ginger-gothhouse needs a garden, with worrysome toadstools and roses. Try not to breathe in too many black sprinkle spores.

Also, mind the guard-Ny'vene. It doesn't much like visitors.

Guard Ny'vene made of Fondant, and glitter frosting gel.

The snowman used to have two arms, but the ginger-gothhouse has a slight giant wyrm problem, and the snowman's second arm was a casualty.

The house also has a nice pair of combat boots. What? You don't decorate your house with giant combat boots? Psh. You are so last-season.

The boots came to rest near the monster rocks in the garden, near the "welcome" mat.

But even a ginger-gothhouse needs a little splash of color, when it comes to vehicles. We can't all fly on brooms!
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 10:03 PM Post #50
So. My first time actually cooking gingerbread. And this is a far, far cry from my previous submissions... To be honest, I almost copied dear Karma's submission while doing this. But after I surrendered to the fact that it wasn't going to look good, I had some fun making my Snickers dog and am going to enjoy my effort with some milk.

Ingredients.

Rolled it out.

Baking~ (omg, it smells so good)

Almost ate them here..

Snickers puppy! (with chocolate chip feet and tail, butterscotch chip ears, caramel snout, and Christmas M&M's shell eyes~)

Realized I didn't make the walls correct to fit the roof. Fido gets a Flintstones house.

Well, I learned about the unruly nature of gingerbread. I know for next year. ^-^ Thanks for having this, I always look forward to seeing all the creativity. I'll be making gingerbread next year, too -- it's REALLY yummy!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.