Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Winter Festival - Build a Gingerbre...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 12/30/2017 at 8:00 PM Post #31

I didn't do anything super special, but here are the pieces to make a nativity scene! Bringing Christmas back to the real deal and all.

Little over halfway through. As you can tell, my camera isn't the best. I hope you can read the paper. Next time I do something like this I should write with a dark marker.

Again with the camera. It's finished now. See how I found some cookies to crumble up for dirt? And the yellow sprinkles make nice hay.

Here's a side view. Don't know that you can see the donkey too well.

Save the best for last, right? Cause this is the best picture.
Namira
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 1/1/2018 at 2:23 PM Post #32
Since I've been working 7 days a week I figured I would pick up a kit and attempt my first gingerbread house. I don't have time to bake, but I'm always down for making a mess! :D

The kit, I ended up using a can of pink icing and edible pearls instead of the candy provided, it looked to big.

Icing is not structurally sound, this building is not up to code! D:

Got it to hold together in the end, and attempted some decoration.

It may not be very pretty, it's kind of a mess. But it's a delicious mess!
Icekitsune
Level 64
Season's Greeter
Threads: 31
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 4:03 PM Post #33

Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 1/3/2018 at 10:24 PM Post #34
Gingerbread Gate House

I am finally done! (Tears of joy). This monster of confectionery took 2 weeks of intermittent building and baking to create, I had to remind myself to take picks and earlier on my phone died so some earlier stages were lost. The final structure stands about 2 ft tall, the only part not edible are the handles of the rock candy sticks (could not remove.)

1. OK, first pic, You see my self designed 100% original templates and the start of my pieces, I baked the gingerbread in stages in case a piece broke (had three breakages BTW)

2. Here I did a suggestion I found online, to do most of the side decorating before sticking together, that way you don't get messy runs and candies can defy gravity. Decorating all the pieces too a long time!!! also In the upper corner you can see my bakes stain glass window pieces, that's done by melting lollipops in the raw cookie shapes. O.O

3. Bracing and setting up the bottom pieces, more top pieces in top left being decorated (Not enough table space)

Side view

4.Once set I added icicles in door and cobble stone to base, also candy cane edges.

Close up

5. Setting the top up, OMG broke the most here. The towers did NOT want to stay on!

side view

6.Top half fixed to bottom, It stays!!!

7. details, I start work on Trees, ice cream cones as bases.

finished trees

8. Snow, ice and a few last details like the roof and flag.

Gummy bear Gargoyles, Lol

Close up of white chocolate flag and sylestia symbol painted on it.

This monster really tested my limits, this year's new techniques were the stain-glass windows, my own designing of the template, and the double layering. Next year may go much smaller in scale (so big!!!) and now I much photograph this thing with best photo for both here and my own records... then the hoards I have been fighting off will play snow wars with my defenseless gate house fort! (should have made some cavalry for it XD)

Last note, it has a glass with a LED candle inside it that when I light it up at night give a cool flickering effect with the stained glass.. but it didn't photograph well.

Happy Holidays!
Edited By Dragoil on 1/3/2018 at 11:23 PM.
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 1/4/2018 at 11:51 PM Post #35
It had been years since I'd built a gingerbread house, so of course I decided to do something challenging....a gingerbread igloo! It turned out better than I had hoped.

Here is a close up pic that's all artistic and stuff...

Here is a full pic of the whole thing w/ my username card...

The igloo is made from homemade gingerbread squares dipped in white chocolate and dusted with powdered sugar, the snow is also powdered sugar, there is a gingerbread man decorated with white chocolate to look like a fur parka, he's standing by a fire made of pretzels and cut up Swedish Fish, behind him is a cookie bunny and a fish drying/storage rack made of pretzels, white chocolate and Swedish Fish.

Here are some pics of the construction process. I used a bowl and a shot glass as a form for the igloo.

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's awesome creations. I hope you all enjoy my addition to the contest.
Hakura0
Level 69
Trickster
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/7/2018 at 8:40 PM Post #36
Well, it's not much, but I have a little Gingerbread Monstrosity I've managed to get together, never really tried to make one before!

(This last was taken closer up so you could see inside the little room, I'm sorry it doesn't have the sign! I hope you can tell it's the same...)

Yes, it's a little clubhouse for that 501st...I'm a geek. :)
Marchenhaft
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 1/7/2018 at 8:41 PM Post #37
I.. have admittedly NEVER made a gingerbread house before, so I was way out of my depth. I think I did okay? I split a "mini gingerbread village" kit with Sylestia user hakura0 (we live together so we just each took half the little houses :p ) and this is what came out!:

This is just the pieces and some of the candy decorations before I got started :) catch the glow on that frosting bag haha.. we were watching Star Wars: A New Hope while we built the houses!

Look at these little houses! They only fell apart in my hands like six times while I was making them because I got impatient and tried to do too much too fast.... oops! I'm. I'm not good at patience. Fortunately they all got built and they stayed together. Then I let them sit overnight so the icing could harden and the structure become sound. Yay! All houses stayed intact and I could decorate them!

Finished little houses, front and back! They're a little clumsy because they're VERY small but I love them. I'm so happy I did this. They're so cute! And I got to eat SO MUCH frosting! :D
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 11:46 AM Post #38
I did graham cracker houses with my sisters again this year, and this time tried to make a cozy little fantasy church. It was originally going to be a building from one of my writing projects, but it ended up a lot more traditional then originally anticipated, save for the moon-spire.

Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 7:34 AM Post #39
that is amazing
Darkblood
Level 42
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 73
Posted: 1/13/2018 at 8:39 AM Post #40
the stuff i used

i added some stuff

i built a santa and a snowman

the finshed house witch me and my friend smashed

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.