Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Winter Festival - Build a Gingerbre...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 12/4/2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1
Build a Gingerbread House

The object of this contest is to build a Gingerbread House using edible materials! Your Gingerbread House must be built by using any type of food. You are not required to use gingerbread. You are free to use crackers, other types of bread, etc. However, you must use real food in this contest! The small use of non food items (like toothpicks) are allowed to improve the structural integrity of your submission. They must be used sparingly though and it must be obvious that your submission is made of actual edible materials.

This is not a digital contest, so no digital entries.

Rules

1. When building your Gingerbread House, you must take at least 3 pictures of the process with your Username and "2017 Winter Festival" physically visible. Here is a link to last year's contest for reference:

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=41450

2. After you're done building your Gingerbread House, come back to this thread and post your pictures all in one post. Please do not reserve posts! Only post when you are submitting your Gingerbread House!

Here is a helpful guide on how to upload images to the internet and then post them here on our Forums:

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=23769

3. All submissions must have been completed by the player. You cannot have someone else build your Gingerbread House for you, although having some assistance is perfectly fine and reasonable. All submissions must also be brand new; you cannot use previous submissions. Lastly, please try and come up with your own unique designs. Obviously, using a kit is okay to do and those will probably be similar because kits are generally universal. What I am referring to would be copying someone else's previous design from a past contest and redoing it as your own, as some of you have come up with some pretty awesome unique designs in the past.

If you have never created a Gingerbread House before, here are some handy tutorials to get you started:

Link 1 (Offsite)
Link 2 (Offsite)

4. The due date for this contest will be the end date of the Winter Festival. This is being posted prior to the Winter Festival beginning so that everyone has ample time to work on and finish their submission.

Prizes

All submissions will be judged by myself and Faiona. We will announce winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Everyone who submits a valid entry will be awarded nice participation prizes, including the Title: Gingerbread Architect.

Above all else, have fun! These contests are just meant to be fun. =)

1st Place Winners

Prizes: 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, Choice of any Forum Game Avatar Item, 3-Visible 2017 Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3

Absoluteinsanity

We can't even imagine how long this took. The amount of attention to detail to every single aspect of your creation was nothing but astounding.

Dragoil

Probably the most impressive gingerbread castle we have ever seen! Fantastic submission!

GoldGryphon

We really loved the Sylestia twist to your amazing creation including a real life Gingerbread Griffi! Another fantastic submission!

2nd Place Winners

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, Free Stable, 3-Visible 2017 Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1

Icekitsune

Very nicely put together little gingerbread village.

Lostwords13

Building a gingerbread creation from scratch is always 'bonus points'. Loved the canvas with the chocolate bar road.

3rd Place Winners

Prizes: 250 Diamonds, Free Stable, 3-Visible 2017 Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic)

Savynn

Googly-eyed gingerbread house with pretzel siding. Can't go wrong with that!

Zelly

Would have loved to have seen a full comprehensive picture of your submission. But judging by the individual pictures of each part, there seemed to be a lot of detail to the landscape which was a lot of 'bonus points'.

All Participants

Prizes: Title: Gingerbread Architect, [Premium Frost Essence] x1, [Premium Ice Water] x1, [Snow Wars Booster Pack] x3, [Handful of Snow Wars Tokens] x3, [Completed Snowman] x10, [Frost Token] x500

Again, thank you to everyone who participated. Year after year, you guys continually push beyond our greatest expectations. We are always so humbled by the amount of effort everyone is willing to put forth for our contests. We hope these prizes are worthy of your efforts!
Edited By Krinadon on 1/25/2018 at 12:32 PM.
Sydneylikesnarwhals
Level 33
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/4/2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2
CAN'T WAIT!! =]
I'm gonna go get started right now.

Or as soon as school ends
Edited By Sydneylikesnarwhals on 12/4/2017 at 1:41 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 12/4/2017 at 10:44 PM Post #3
The prize title is very cute! I think of an architect that specializes in miniature items. o:
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 7:22 PM Post #4
I ended up not doing quite what I intended to originally but I really enjoyed making this little witch's house.

I ended up getting a kit and I had some various things I got together to try to make a house for a witch.

The house to put together.

Wolf behaved pretty well most of the time but she had to get up at least once to check out what I was up to. Gizmo was locked in the bathroom.

I made a terrible mistake here not getting the icing closer to the edge. This would give me trouble later.

The house mostly assembled.

I started getting decorating on it. The skulls and bones are Halloween themed candy sprinkles.

You might notice a change of location. I tried moving the house and it collapsed. I wanted to try to test something before I got too far along and it didn't work out. So I had the house patched back and here I'm starting to add the chocolate icing. Thankfully the decoration I already did seemed to make it pretty well through it.

I start adding pretzels.

I happened to have some green fondant that I used to make the door. A little red candy ball for the door knob. Half a cookie for some decoration.

I start adding more pretzels.

I worked my way around to the front. I had gummy eyes I bought during Halloween just to make a witch's house for this. Originally I was going to have more chocolate still showing but I liked the pretzels a lot.

I began adding coconut pecan icing to the roof. I was worried at first cause it was kinda goopy and I worried it'd fall off but thankfully it stayed in place.

I added red candies and peppermints to the roof along with some snow around the house. There were some candy trees that came with the kit that I planted in the back.

I tried also taking a few pictures in different lighting.

Edited By Savynn on 12/7/2017 at 10:13 PM.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 12/7/2017 at 8:09 AM Post #5
The house looks annngry! :D
Destinycera
Level 26
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/8/2017 at 11:25 AM Post #6
I think the house is adorable, in a spooky sort of way. ^_^
Fesgheli
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/9/2017 at 5:22 PM Post #7
Well, I decided to give this a try! It's my first time making a gingerbread house!

Yum! Tasty too!
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 12/10/2017 at 9:26 PM Post #8
Made a bread house!

Ingredients, with the sausages cut into strips

Shaped the house and put the sausages on it to create a roof.

Cut out a hole on the side to serve as a window, and stuck another piece of sausage as a door.
Used leeks to make the garden, and the mushroom as a tree. The leftover sausages become the pathway.

Decorated it with tomato sauce, with the sauce for a doorknob.
Edited By Electrifying on 12/13/2017 at 3:28 PM.
ShadowOfDarkness
Level 60
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 8
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 12:08 PM Post #9
I can't see those images, I don't know if anyone else can either.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 6:59 PM Post #10
Alrighty, here is my entry for the Gingerbread House Contest.

Every year Krin and Fai have this contest, I make it for my family for our Christmas dinner(dessert). However, I've noticed that my family don't really care for gingerbread so much. So, this year I decided to do something a little different!

Presenting, my Chocolate House! I bought a mold and everything to make it!

First off, here are all of the ingredients and molds~

I've been melting chocolate and putting the white lining/highlighting in the molds.

Filled in all the molds.

All pieces have hardened and are ready to put together~

Here it is in all it's glory!

Side view.

Back view.

I had so much fun making this chocolate house! It's the first time I've ever done anything like this, so I decided to keep it simple. Next year I might make it a little fancier~
Edited By Kalores on 12/13/2017 at 7:04 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.