Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:54 PM Post #1
Downtime Begins: 11/13 @ 1:00 AM
Downtime Length: 3-5 Hours

Downtime Complete

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize for these ongoing server issues over the past week. I extremely wish there was something I could do to fix it - as I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it just doesn't always work that way. =(

For now, Round 3 of the Leaderboard Contests is still scheduled to start Monday at noon. However, this may change depending on the situation. So - plan for it tomorrow at noon, but don't be terribly surprised if it changes.

From here on out, anytime we have server issues, I will be setting all player's brews to Perfect condition upon the site coming back. This includes just now for this latest outage and for this upcoming maintenance overnight.

For this upcoming maintenance, our Host will be taking our server offline to do extensive hardware testing, as they still have been unable to find any actual cause for these crashes.

In general, I wish there was more I could do. Believe me, I would. It just is unfortunately one of those things. Our server is physically thousands of miles away located in a server room of our Host company. My reach doesn't quite extend that far. =P

We will all just have to hunker down and mitigate these issues the best that we can. I will do whatever I can to get things back to smooth operation as quickly as I can.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Update:

Maintenance has been completed much ahead of schedule.

On the down side - no conclusive evidence was found of the actual issue at hand.

On the plus side - our Host went ahead and completely replaced the RAM for our server as well as reapply the thermal place for our CPUs incase an overheating issue was the problem.

At this point, we'll see if the server has anymore issues and if so, the list of possible culprits is reduced. But hopefully, everything will be resolved and no more issues! ><

I will be setting all active Brews to 'Perfect' quality and will keep them so for the next 8 hours.

The Leaderboard Contests will still begin at 12 PM today assuming no more issues.
Edited By Krinadon on 11/13/2017 at 2:18 AM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:55 PM Post #2
Thanks Krin for being Amazing and trying your best so we can have fun!

Jewelsorcerer
Level 31
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:55 PM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53748&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:54 PM
Downtime Begins: 11/13 @ 1:00 AM
Downtime Length: 3-5 Hours

Downtime Complete

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize for these ongoing server issues over the past week. I extremely wish there was something I could do to fix it - as I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it just doesn't always work that way. =(

For now, Round 3 of the Leaderboard Contests is still scheduled to start Monday at noon. However, this may change depending on the situation. So - plan for it tomorrow at noon, but don't be terribly surprised if it changes.

From here on out, anytime we have server issues, I will be setting all player's brews to Perfect condition upon the site coming back. This includes just now for this latest outage and for this upcoming maintenance overnight.

For this upcoming maintenance, our Host will be taking our server offline to do extensive hardware testing, as they still have been unable to find any actual cause for these crashes.

In general, I wish there was more I could do. Believe me, I would. It just is unfortunately one of those things. Our server is physically thousands of miles away located in a server room of our Host company. My reach doesn't quite extend that far. =P

We will all just have to hunker down and mitigate these issues the best that we can. I will do whatever I can to get things back to smooth operation as quickly as I can.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Update:

Maintenance has been completed much ahead of schedule.

On the down side - no conclusive evidence was found of the actual issue at hand.

On the plus side - our Host went ahead and completely replaced the RAM for our server as well as reapply the thermal place for our CPUs incase an overheating issue was the problem.

At this point, we'll see if the server has anymore issues and if so, the list of possible culprits is reduced. But hopefully, everything will be resolved and no more issues! ><

I will be setting all active Brews to 'Perfect' quality and will keep them so for the next 8 hours.

The Leaderboard Contests will still begin at 12 PM today assuming no more issues.

Are we allowed to know what exactly happened?
Jewelsorcerer
Level 31
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:56 PM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53748&page=1#3
Author: Jewelsorcerer
Time Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:55 PM
[quote=1055158]
Are we allowed to know what exactly happened?

I really do enjoy that you have been doing all in your power to help the site, though. <3
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 138
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:56 PM Post #5
Hey is everything alright? Lately there's been a lot of downtime on the site. I'm starting to get worried there might be a serious issue hidden in some way or form.
Sslover
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 249
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:56 PM Post #6
I hope you guys can fix the site. I hope that the issues will be able to be fixed quickly.
Chrome
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:56 PM Post #7
Awww :(
I hope it's not too difficult for you to solve!
That's quite a bit of time trying to figure out these problems 'o_o
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 7:04 PM Post #8
Unfortunately, there isn't much to share.

The Site itself is fine. Our server, however, is having some sort of issue - most likely related to CPU or Memory.

During today's downtime - it began with the server crashing again. So, that was obviously not planned lol. With it down and with our Host responding to the issue quickly, they tried to diagnose the issue and test various things they could remotely test. However, nothing conclusive was found from what I was told.

So now they have scheduled a hardware examination for overnight tonight where someone will physically work with the server to test its components and try and find the issue.

Hopefully, they can - and if they can, hopefully they can then easily swap the errant part with a non errant part and we can all move on as if nothing happened.
Edited By Krinadon on 11/12/2017 at 7:05 PM.
Ajthedragon
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 7:04 PM Post #9
Thank you so much for setting the brew to perfect, I was worried I'd miss my opportunity for the bonuses XD

Also the sight going down is unavoidable, especially if its out of your control.
Story: My dad works at an airport as an engineer, as you can guess they have a massive computer system to keep everything running. Well at some point last year, an idiot who was working on, accidently turned it off, so for the hole day every terminal had to fall back on contingency plans and manual communication. Now if a Multi million company's mainframe can go down, we don't blame you for the sight having an occasional hiccup :P Keep up the good work and don't worry your self too much. Thank you for keeping the sight running :)
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 7:09 PM Post #10
Is there any chance that an extra day or so might be added to the fest length? That task for defeating 500 named already seemed a bit scary.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.